What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Wow, there are some serious no lifers in here that go out of their way to root against Ingram, and when bad happens they're delighted. Pretty sad.
I'm an Ingram owner and even I am pretty amused at the ending. He's talented but now that I've seen a blowout game where he was SUPPOSED to grind out the clock and get his fantasy points I see the situation for what it truly is.The saints aren't gonna roll over everyone like this - he didn't even crack 100 in this type of game.Lost cause in redraft.

I'm an Ingram owner who drafted him relatively late (6th round) and haven't started him yet this year (unfortunately for me that may be about to change due to injuries and byes). Anyway, all that is just my way of saying that this is my first opportunity to watch him run and I haven't been impressed. Talk all you want about limited touches but this guy doesn't have any vision nor any open field moves. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a RB get hit as squarely and frequently get knocked back as much as Infram has tonight. I was thinking that an injury to the smallish Sproles or the oft-injured Thomas could make Ingram valuable, but I truly believe that given his running style that he is the most likely of the three to sustain a serious injury before the year is out. Perhaps it's just one game by I think there's alot to dislike in this performance.
my bad...i obviously cursed him

Wow, there are some serious no lifers in here that go out of their way to root against Ingram, and when bad happens they're delighted. Pretty sad.
I'm an Ingram owner and even I am pretty amused at the ending. He's talented but now that I've seen a blowout game where he was SUPPOSED to grind out the clock and get his fantasy points I see the situation for what it truly is.The saints aren't gonna roll over everyone like this - he didn't even crack 100 in this type of game.Lost cause in redraft.
I had to start him this week with Gore on his bye, I was hoping for a TD. I was hoping he'd get more love in this one but they ignored him early, then he got hurt when he had a chance. I don't get the hate in here though.

I had to start him this week with Gore on his bye, I was hoping for a TD. I was hoping he'd get more love in this one but they ignored him early, then he got hurt when he had a chance. I don't get the hate in here though.
They gave his best shot at a goal line carry to the fullback. I do think Payton was playing against Ingram in fantasy. They also playactioned with him in the redzone in the first half quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer about the HAS. That was a sick leap and run. Saints rams next week I think. I would of liked to see how the saints ran the ball against them with ingram after seeing Murray exploit them all day today. Prob more of the same. I couldnt help but think Payton was laughing at us Ingram owners the multiple times they showed him smirking in the box tonight. Guess it didn't help that I benched Murray for Ingram, DMC got hurt, and I'm playing the guy with brees. Rough day.

The Saints have a good thing going featuring Sproles and then mixing Thomas/Ingram in, with Pierre getting additional looks in the passing game. Unfortunately (for fantasy), the Saints are winning and Ingram is not giving the Saints any reason to give him a larger role (or take carries away from anyone else).

Now, with the bruised heel and the impending return of Ivory, I am seriously considering trying to get whatever I can for him after a "decent" (almost 100yd) game. I can think of more scenarios where he becomes less-relevant, right now, than I can which have hm generating more production. For non-owners who haven't been paying attention, he may still have some name-value and the enticing "upside" factor.

If truly healthy, and Ingram misses even one week with this injury, ivory may have similar or better value going forward and can be had for nothing on waivers this week.

The Saints have a good thing going featuring Sproles and then mixing Thomas/Ingram in, with Pierre getting additional looks in the passing game. Unfortunately (for fantasy), the Saints are winning and Ingram is not giving the Saints any reason to give him a larger role (or take carries away from anyone else). Now, with the bruised heel and the impending return of Ivory, I am seriously considering trying to get whatever I can for him after a "decent" (almost 100yd) game. I can think of more scenarios where he becomes less-relevant, right now, than I can which have hm generating more production.
He's hurt man you prob won't get much

I hope Ingram's injury isn't serious. Saints playing the Rams next week, he could really finally put it all together and break out.

'anicholsnj said:
'Astangi said:
The Saints have a good thing going featuring Sproles and then mixing Thomas/Ingram in, with Pierre getting additional looks in the passing game. Unfortunately (for fantasy), the Saints are winning and Ingram is not giving the Saints any reason to give him a larger role (or take carries away from anyone else). Now, with the bruised heel and the impending return of Ivory, I am seriously considering trying to get whatever I can for him after a "decent" (almost 100yd) game. I can think of more scenarios where he becomes less-relevant, right now, than I can which have hm generating more production.
Probably right, but there are lots of fantasy teams with major RB issues, so packaging him should be doable, especially if it's "just a bruise". :)

'anicholsnj said:
'Astangi said:
The Saints have a good thing going featuring Sproles and then mixing Thomas/Ingram in, with Pierre getting additional looks in the passing game. Unfortunately (for fantasy), the Saints are winning and Ingram is not giving the Saints any reason to give him a larger role (or take carries away from anyone else).

Now, with the bruised heel and the impending return of Ivory, I am seriously considering trying to get whatever I can for him after a "decent" (almost 100yd) game. I can think of more scenarios where he becomes less-relevant, right now, than I can which have hm generating more production.
Probably right, but there are lots of fantasy teams with major RB issues, so packaging him should be doable, especially if it's "just a bruise". :)
Yeah, including the teams that own Ingram.

I'm baffled as to why people think Chris Ivory is somehow a threat to Ingram. The Saints showed zero interest in activating Ivory this past week. On top of that, Ingram averaged 6.5 yards per touch tonight. Yes it sucked for fantasy owners that he couldn't do more in a blowout and it sucked even more he got hurt with nearly an entire quarter of potential production seemingly set up for him but what exactly did Ingram do poorly on the field that would in any way threaten his role on the team? He looked damn good. He simply wasn't used inside the 5 which has been a re-occurring trend this season. But in terms of his play on the field, I think you'd be hard-pressed to be critical of how Ingram played tonight. The only threat to Ingram's playing time that I see is this new injury. But if he's healthy, I don't see his role declining at all.

In .5 RB PPR I'll be shopping him hard this week pointing out that the Lambs are coming up. Hopefully this injury is nothing serious to hurt the trade value (which ain't much mind you).

Otherwise he goes to waivers. I've seen enough, and outside of the Lambs I see nothing on the schedule that makes me think this situation is going to improve. I need a bye week kicker anyways in Week 9.

My honest opinion is he's actually a pretty talented runner and if given the opportunity he could really be a stud in this offense. I think FBG's got it right on that call, but nobody could predict the Sproles effect nor Pierre not just going away. There is just too much talent on this pass first team for Ingram to showcase his talent.

If there ever was a time to go get Ingram for an impatient owner, it's now. Talk about upside. When you combine Ingram's talent with his potential in that offense, you're looking at an absolute monster (talking dynasty, of course).

I hope Ingram's injury isn't serious. Saints playing the Rams next week, he could really finally put it all together and break out.
lol...this thread is at 29 pages because someone writes what you just wrote just about every tenth post...good stuff
without the injury tonight he might have scored a TD on that drive and might have put up an additional 30 yards rushing in the 4th quarter. I think he is looking good...just a matter of opportunity IMO.

I'm baffled as to why people think Chris Ivory is somehow a threat to Ingram. The Saints showed zero interest in activating Ivory this past week. On top of that, Ingram averaged 6.5 yards per touch tonight. Yes it sucked for fantasy owners that he couldn't do more in a blowout and it sucked even more he got hurt with nearly an entire quarter of potential production seemingly set up for him but what exactly did Ingram do poorly on the field that would in any way threaten his role on the team? He looked damn good. He simply wasn't used inside the 5 which has been a re-occurring trend this season. But in terms of his play on the field, I think you'd be hard-pressed to be critical of how Ingram played tonight. The only threat to Ingram's playing time that I see is this new injury. But if he's healthy, I don't see his role declining at all.
Exactly. Its hilarious to me that Ingram doesn't get a pass for how he's used, AS A ROOKIE. He's not getting most of the goal-line carries? Oh no, career's over. He's a rookie, people. Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles didn't get goal-line duties until multiple years into their careers. Hell, I'm STILL not sure Charles got them. Ingram looked good tonight. Nothing negative to take away from this performance, other than the injury. Its not his fault he's not getting goal-line carries. He'll probably get them next week, as the Saints can only keep using him as a decoy at the goal-line if they actually give him carries there once in a while.

While ingram doesn't look headed to the HOF it appears Ingram owners are locks for the Whiners HOF and also the Excuses HOF.

The excuses are getting old, it's to the point of thinking it's stinky bait.

While ingram doesn't look headed to the HOF it appears Ingram owners are locks for the Whiners HOF and also the Excuses HOF. The excuses are getting old, it's to the point of thinking it's stinky bait.
Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you take this opportunity to tell us about Trent Richardson? :thumbup:

While ingram doesn't look headed to the HOF it appears Ingram owners are locks for the Whiners HOF and also the Excuses HOF. The excuses are getting old, it's to the point of thinking it's stinky bait.
I don't care one way or another. But you have reached the annoying jackass level of LHUCKS. I'm sure your momma would be so proud of her son perseverating on his stupid topic.

'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
I get the whole argument here about Ingram's fantasy value...But are there seriously people watching this game and saying to themselves "this Ingram guy is just not very good"? He looks very good tonight.
+1He looked great to me.

+1He looked great to me.
+2Churned out some tough yards, moved the pile, moved the chains. That's exactly why they drafted him. It may not be fantasy gold, but then again, Sean Payton doesn't give a crap about your fantasy teams.

(Rotoworld) X-rays taken on Mark Ingram's heel returned negative following the Saints' Week 7 win over the Colts.

Great matchup coming up next week against the lowly Rams. Cho-Cho

I'm out of this thread. Multiple Scores has driven me away. His sole purpose is to troll but mods don't seem to care because there are 1000's of hits due to this thread. I'll be verbaly raping MS next year when Richardson gets busted for perfomance enhancers since it's impossible to bench 300% your body weight while eating enough calories to be 5.2% body fat.

Does anyone actually moderate these boards?
I agree, the people making excuse after excuse for Ingram should be moderated.
Stay out of the thread. You've brought nothing to it and judging by your post history you don't ever seem to have an educated conversation.

Stay out of the thread. You've brought nothing to it and judging by your post history you don't ever seem to have an educated conversation.
Actually, I have brought awareness to the situation that Ingram sucks. What have you contributed?

Actually, I have brought awareness to the situation that Ingram sucks. What have you contributed?
You haven't. You've trolled, and #####ed, and whined, and generally have been bitter about following FBG's advice on Ingram.

You haven't. You've trolled, and #####ed, and whined, and generally have been bitter about following FBG's advice on Ingram.
People are still on the Ingram bandwagon, still saying buy low, still saying he is a must-start next week, etc.... Awareness needs to be raised that he sucks. If I can convince only one person I have helped the fantasy football community.

People are still on the Ingram bandwagon, still saying buy low, still saying he is a must-start next week, etc.... Awareness needs to be raised that he sucks. If I can convince only one person I have helped the fantasy football community.
Did you watch the game tonight? He didn't suck.And you aren't convincing anybody of anything, except that you're bitter and like to harp on the same subject constantly.

Ok, this needs to be clarified.

The trolls in this thread are the Ingram apologists.

The realists in this thread are those who are stating the obvious. And the obvious is that Ingram sucks.

Did you watch the game tonight? He didn't suck.And you aren't convincing anybody of anything, except that you're bitter and like to harp on the same subject constantly.
Yes, I watched the game did you? Yes, Ingram looked ok in mop-up duty. The only time he gets any carries is when the Saints are up by 40+ points. Not exactly the type of player I would feel comfortable starting on my fantasy team.What do you possibly see in him to still be so high on him?

Ok, this needs to be clarified. The trolls in this thread are the Ingram apologists. The realists in this thread are those who are stating the obvious. And the obvious is that Ingram sucks.
It's pretty clear at this point that Ingram does not "suck".You've lost perspective.

Ok, this needs to be clarified. The trolls in this thread are the Ingram apologists. The realists in this thread are those who are stating the obvious. And the obvious is that Ingram sucks.
Let me go back to a post of mine from a while ago, maybe it can improve this conversation, and where this thread is yet again headed. Because you obviously don't get it. Disagreeing with you doesn't make one an "apologist", and you aren't a "hater". The labeling is unnecessary and juvenile, and detrimental to any discussion.
There is no use discussing this with you in this thread. It would be much more productive if you would just leave this particular topic. You're the least rational poster on this topic that I've seen, because you were burned by FBG's recommendation of Ingram. We get it.If you just want to talk #### about him, then take that to the venting thread. Otherwise, this doesn't seem to be the place for what you have to say.Edit: And just to clarify, this doesn't mean that this isn't the place for negative talk about Ingram. It means this isn't the place for your whining and obviously agenda-driven bitterness.
Why is it that anyone who believes in Ingram's talent is an "Ingram apologist"?That kind of blatant labeling is just a flawed response to a debate. Its unnecessary, and waters down every discussion its ever been introduced into.Its okay that we believe in Ingram's talent and you don't. Its okay that we don't think what he's done is going to be a precursor to his entire career, and you do.That doesn't make us "apologists".That doesn't make you "haters".Drop the labels. Its childish. We can all have differing opinions without demonizing the "opposition" with this propagandist tool. Respectful disagreement on a player or prospect is possible, and should be encouraged, since its impossible to know who's correct right now.

Yes, I watched the game did you? Yes, Ingram looked ok in mop-up duty. The only time he gets any carries is when the Saints are up by 40+ points. Not exactly the type of player I would feel comfortable starting on my fantasy team.What do you possibly see in him to still be so high on him?
None of this makes him untalented. I care about talent. Situations change and evolve. He's scored as a RB2/RB3 4 out of the last 5 weeks. That's fine production for someone who got Ingram where they should have. If its NOT fine production for where YOU drafted him, that's your fault. It makes him a bust for YOU, unless you found a way to only use him as a RB2/3/Flex type. Which you should have by now.

None of this makes him untalented. I care about talent. Situations change and evolve. He's scored as a RB2/RB3 4 out of the last 5 weeks. That's fine production for someone who got Ingram where they should have. If its NOT fine production for where YOU drafted him, that's your fault. It makes him a bust for YOU, unless you found a way to only use him as a RB2/3/Flex type. Which you should have by now.
But looking from a fantasy perspective, he has absolutely luckboxed his way into RB2/RB3 territory each of the 4 out the last 5 weeks. There is zero reason to see that continuing. 10-12 points is his absolute ceiling, with his floor easily right around 0.

But looking from a fantasy perspective, he has absolutely luckboxed his way into RB2/RB3 territory each of the 4 out the last 5 weeks. There is zero reason to see that continuing. 10-12 points is his absolute ceiling, with his floor easily right around 0.
How has be lucked into his production? You produce what you produce. Its not like he's getting fluke plays that you should exclude from the data.

How has be lucked into his production? You produce what you produce. Its not like he's getting fluke plays that you should exclude from the data.
Yes, you produce what you produce, but he has been extremely fortunate to get 3 TD's the last previous 3 weeks (prior to this week), and the only reason he got any yardage tonight was because the saints got such a big lead.While he has been able to manage around 10 points per week, that is his absolute ceiling, and it takes a fortunate turn of events to get him to 10 points. Not something you can reliably count on.

Yes, you produce what you produce, but he has been extremely fortunate to get 3 TD's the last previous 3 weeks (prior to this week), and the only reason he got any yardage tonight was because the saints got such a big lead.While he has been able to manage around 10 points per week, that is his absolute ceiling, and it takes a fortunate turn of events to get him to 10 points. Not something you can reliably count on.
This is a much more reasonable take. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread