What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Massage Chairs (1 Viewer)

Jayrok

Footballguy
Looking for tips on massage chairs. Are they worth the money? I don't need the highest end chair, but want a good product at a fair price.

Any experience or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I couldn't believe how good the one I sat in at Visions was. Rollers everywhere made it feel like a real massage. My concern would be how long it would last. I believe it cost 5K, but the salesman was eager to lower the price.

It was a made by a electronics maker, I'm going to guess Panasonic.

:blackdot: Interested as well, keep hoping one Father's Day my wish will be granted.
So far it is amazing how little information I've been able to find online on these things. Reviews and/or consumer reports are scarce. It seems we should be able to find a decent chair for around 2K.

You just need to plan a trip to any state fair. 97% of all message chair sales occurs at them.

Make sure to eat a pork tenderloin sandwich and an elephant ear first before you start tying them out. It makes a huge difference in the lumbar experience.

This chair is the best I've tried

Didn't pull the trigger - but it is the chair of chairs - it scans your body shape and you can program several hundred ways to go through the massage. If you figure you spend 60-80 an hour on a massage - this would pay for itself in no time. It does your back. legs, arms, shoulders, neck, feet

videos

Last edited by a moderator:
This chair is the best I've tried

Didn't pull the trigger - but it is the chair of chairs - it scans your body shape and you can program several hundred ways to go through the massage. If you figure you spend 60-80 an hour on a massage - this would pay for itself in no time. It does your back. legs, arms, shoulders, neck, feet

videos
I've heard that the Inada chairs are good. On the expensive end... not sure I could sell that price to my wife, even with Father's Day coming. Thanks for the links. Very nice chair.

You just need to plan a trip to any state fair. 97% of all message chair sales occurs at them.Make sure to eat a pork tenderloin sandwich and an elephant ear first before you start tying them out. It makes a huge difference in the lumbar experience.
I need some time to process this...

Jayrok, did you ever buy a chair? I've been thinking about buying one, but can't find much more info 2 years later.

KCitons said:
Jayrok, did you ever buy a chair? I've been thinking about buying one, but can't find much more info 2 years later.
Hard to believe this was two years ago. I was talked out of springing for one of the more expensive chairs, so I waited and settled for a massage cushion to see how I liked it before getting something more elaborate.

I bought this one here

I got it during the black Friday weekend when it was marked down to $109. I've really enjoyed it. I use it in my office chair at the house. Thumbs up so far.

My personal experience: I bought a high-end massage chair from a local furniture retailer. All geeked up at first.... "OMG, I'm gonna use this every day!" Then after a week or so, you use the massage function 3 times a month, and after 6 months or so, I forgot it was even a massage chair.

IOW, it gets old.

Yeah, I can see that too RN. I'm glad I didn't buy an expensive chair. I've used the cushion in an office chair and sometimes in my recliner. It's light and mobile. And since it isn't a big piece of furniture I can put it away when I'm not using it.

Thanks Jayrok.

RN, did you buy one due to a back problem, or just on a whim? Which model did you buy?

I've had some back pain to varying degree for most of my adult life. I spent 3 years as a roofer before college. Then ran a one man vending business on the side for 10 years. Sometimes moving smaller soda machines by myself. I saw a Dr about 5 years ago. MRI showed no damage to my back. He had me go through physical therapy for about 2 months, but it never really got completely better. I went to a chiropractor three times a week for approx 2 months and again saw little relief. During that time, the chiropractor rented some space to a massage therapist. He suggested I try getting a massage right after an adjustment. After the third visit, I was feeling great. I stopped seeing the chiropractor and just saw the massage therapist periodically.

I've sat in different chairs over the years, but I was at a local furniture store around Thanksgiving. While the wife shopped, I sat in a couple different chairs for about 15 minutes each. I could feel the knot in my back, as the rollers went up and down. I had the best night of sleep, in months that night. I've returned two or three times to try out the other chairs. Each time, I would feel great for a few days, but then my back would tighten due to yard work, or working on the car.

I don't think it would get old for me. If it alleviates the pain, it would be easier to spend 30 minutes in this chair, than to go to a massage therapist.

Has anyone purchased one of these yet? The wife and I went into Brookstone, and she really wants to get one. I can't justify paying 3,500 dollars for a chair. I've looked on Amazon and found some for around 1,000. I have no clue if they will be as good as the ones I tested in the store.

Anyone bought a massage chair in 2022 or 2023? Thinking about getting one for my wife...any suggestions? shared experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread