What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

We just finished our Start-Up draft in a new Dynasty league and I was offered Bernard Pierce for Ryan Mathews.

I asked if he was drunk.

We just finished our Start-Up draft in a new Dynasty league and I was offered Bernard Pierce for Ryan Mathews.I asked if he was drunk.
No ####### way. I'm going to need to see a screen cap of the email that came with this one.
XXX@gmail.comJul 18 (1 day ago)to me No, just seeing if your interested in a 1 or 1 trade for Pierce. I just threw Mathews in to have you react ... it worked.Shaun (Leg Humpers)On Jul 18, 2012, at 12:07 AM, XXXX@gmail.com> wrote:> Were you drunk?>> Sent from my iPhone>> On 17-07-2012, at 20:03, info@myffpc.com wrote:>>> Leg Humpers has withdrawn a>> trade offer at 7/17/2012 11:02:42 PM>>>> --- Leg Humpers --->> Trade Away:>> Bernard Pierce (BAL)>> Receive:>> Ryan Mathews (SDG)>>>> --- Addicted to Quack --->> Trade Away:>> Ryan Mathews (SDG)>> Receive:>> Bernard Pierce (BAL)>>>>>> Are you interested in Pierce, 1 for 1?>>

We just finished our Start-Up draft in a new Dynasty league and I was offered Bernard Pierce for Ryan Mathews.I asked if he was drunk.
No ####### way. I'm going to need to see a screen cap of the email that came with this one.
XXX@gmail.comJul 18 (1 day ago)to me No, just seeing if your interested in a 1 or 1 trade for Pierce. I just threw Mathews in to have you react ... it worked.Shaun (Leg Humpers)On Jul 18, 2012, at 12:07 AM, XXXX@gmail.com> wrote:> Were you drunk?>> Sent from my iPhone>> On 17-07-2012, at 20:03, info@myffpc.com wrote:>>> Leg Humpers has withdrawn a>> trade offer at 7/17/2012 11:02:42 PM>>>> --- Leg Humpers --->> Trade Away:>> Bernard Pierce (BAL)>> Receive:>> Ryan Mathews (SDG)>>>> --- Addicted to Quack --->> Trade Away:>> Ryan Mathews (SDG)>> Receive:>> Bernard Pierce (BAL)>>>>>> Are you interested in Pierce, 1 for 1?>>
That's the stupidest reasoning I've ever seen.

Even though I believe the core of what i was saying that was pretty nice job of angry drunk posting a couple weeks back.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a keeper, I was offered Cruz, Britt, D. Thomas and Jaquizz Rogers for Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, SF D and Cundiff...it is not so much that the trade in a whole is THAT awful (though it is not good), but it is a Keep 3 league and I already have Foster...so it basically boils down to Rice/AJ for Cruz/Thomas.

Note: I do have to move both Rice and AJ by Week 10 or I lose them the following year (I can keep them and just ride them out), but I don't need to move them that bad.

In a keeper, I was offered Cruz, Britt, D. Thomas and Jaquizz Rogers for Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, SF D and Cundiff...it is not so much that the trade in a whole is THAT awful (though it is not good), but it is a Keep 3 league and I already have Foster...so it basically boils down to Rice/AJ for Cruz/Thomas.Note: I do have to move both Rice and AJ by Week 10 or I lose them the following year (I can keep them and just ride them out), but I don't need to move them that bad.
So what you're saying is:1. Not a dynasty offer2. Not even that bad an offer3. Not the worst you've ever been offered.Just to be clear.

In a keeper, I was offered Cruz, Britt, D. Thomas and Jaquizz Rogers for Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, SF D and Cundiff...it is not so much that the trade in a whole is THAT awful (though it is not good), but it is a Keep 3 league and I already have Foster...so it basically boils down to Rice/AJ for Cruz/Thomas.Note: I do have to move both Rice and AJ by Week 10 or I lose them the following year (I can keep them and just ride them out), but I don't need to move them that bad.
So what you're saying is:1. Not a dynasty offer2. Not even that bad an offer3. Not the worst you've ever been offered.Just to be clear.
Now that you put it that way...lol.Honestly, Keeper is very similar to Dynasty (you would not find a "worst Keeper offer" thread) and while the offer may look "just bad", (1) it ignores the primary format of the league and (2) I would not come to someone with a trade asking for the #2 overall pick and a #12-15 overall pick in a PPR for a 3rd and 4th rounder.

In a rookie draft right now, currently have the 2.06 pick, trying to move up to 2.03, offered 2.06/3.06. Got countered back with Michael Turner, Josh Cribbs, Marcedes Lewis, 2.03, 2.11 for Ryan Mathews, Brandon Marshall, and if those two players weren't enough, he included me giving up the 3.04 too. I emailed him back asking if he was serious, he reply was "It is a bit rich, but not terrible..."

I received a pretty bad one this week. This is a 2QB (6pt touchdown) league, and TE's are the most valuable non-QB players, because they get double points for receiving yards (11 tight ends were in the top 50 in scoring last year, along with 30 quarterbacks).

I give - Drew Brees and Fred Davis

I get - Donald Brown, Titus Young, Mark Sanchez

I have seen this topic but never ventured into the thread before ....but tonight in my email was the following offer ........ Austin Collie and the 1.09 for A.J. Green

After the note I quickly attached to the rejection I doubt I hear from this guy again .... but likely that would be a good thing

'solorca said:
I received a pretty bad one this week. This is a 2QB (6pt touchdown) league, and TE's are the most valuable non-QB players, because they get double points for receiving yards (11 tight ends were in the top 50 in scoring last year, along with 30 quarterbacks).I give - Drew Brees and Fred DavisI get - Donald Brown, Titus Young, Mark Sanchez
This is why we're here.

In a rookie draft right now, currently have the 2.06 pick, trying to move up to 2.03, offered 2.06/3.06. Got countered back with Michael Turner, Josh Cribbs, Marcedes Lewis, 2.03, 2.11 for Ryan Mathews, Brandon Marshall, and if those two players weren't enough, he included me giving up the 3.04 too. I emailed him back asking if he was serious, he reply was "It is a bit rich, but not terrible..."
He ended up trading both 2.03/2.11 for Kevin Smith. This is a 12 team ppr with 2.03-2.05 being Hillman, Randle, Jeffrey.

Received this offer yesterday - this guy notoriously sends pretty crappy offers, but this one takes the cake, even for him:

I trade: M Ryan, RG3, Helu, Little and A.Brown

I get: A.Rodgers, Caddy Williams (yes, he still has him on his roster), Boldin, B.Edwards and some other irrelevant WR that I can't even remember

I typically won't put snide comments in my response, but I couldn't help it with this one. I replied 'Is this a real offer? Why on earth would I make this deal?'

He basically wanted 5 young dynasty pieces for Aaron Rodgers. The other guys (save for Boldin) were waiver wire material.

In one of my leagues (actually this guy is in 2 of them) anyways he likes to send lowballs all season hoping he can get 1 bite. I got offered all kinds of crazy things including sebastian janikowski, baltimore defense and Mike Williams (SEA) for Aaron Hernandezthat was one of the ones that really made me laugh last year...

Received this offer yesterday - this guy notoriously sends pretty crappy offers, but this one takes the cake, even for him:I trade: M Ryan, RG3, Helu, Little and A.BrownI get: A.Rodgers, Caddy Williams (yes, he still has him on his roster), Boldin, B.Edwards and some other irrelevant WR that I can't even rememberI typically won't put snide comments in my response, but I couldn't help it with this one. I replied 'Is this a real offer? Why on earth would I make this deal?'He basically wanted 5 young dynasty pieces for Aaron Rodgers. The other guys (save for Boldin) were waiver wire material.
That deal isn't that bad. It'd look better if he hadn't added the crap.

'Sitch said:
Received this offer yesterday - this guy notoriously sends pretty crappy offers, but this one takes the cake, even for him:I trade: M Ryan, RG3, Helu, Little and A.BrownI get: A.Rodgers, Caddy Williams (yes, he still has him on his roster), Boldin, B.Edwards and some other irrelevant WR that I can't even rememberI typically won't put snide comments in my response, but I couldn't help it with this one. I replied 'Is this a real offer? Why on earth would I make this deal?'He basically wanted 5 young dynasty pieces for Aaron Rodgers. The other guys (save for Boldin) were waiver wire material.
I could easily see doing that trade. Let's be honest, here- it's not like Helu or Little are franchise building blocks. You've got Griffin, Ryan, and Brown for Rodgers. Everything else is window dressing. Lots of people aren't sold on Griffin because he's a rookie. Lots of people aren't sold on Ryan because he's never put up big numbers. A lot of dynasty rankings have Brown as a low-end wr2 or high-end wr3. It's not at all unreasonable to think that a lot of people will view that trade as a low-end qb1, a high-end qb2, and a low-end wr2 in exchange for a top-5 dynasty player, regardless of position. Hell, I really like Griffin, and I'd still probably make that trade, provided I had the depth to absorb it. I love packaging depth for major upgrades to my starting lineup. Some of you guys need to stop being so sensitive. Other people will value players differently than you do. It's not a personal insult. Back on the topic of terrible trade offers... I had someone offer to give me Mike Wallace for Ray Rice straight up. In a non-ppr league. He even acknowledged that Wallace was the 3rd best WR on his own roster, yet still somehow thought that that might be a trade that I might possibly be interested in entertaining.

Yea, that's really not that bad. Helu and Little are just mid round prospects, and those guys come and go all the time.

So basically Ryan + RG3 + Brown for Rodgers.

Considering that Ryan has not been an elite FF QB and that RG3 hasn't even played an NFL down, I don't think it's THAT bad of an offer for the best QB in football. Depending on the rest of your roster, it might even be a win for you.

A few days ago, was offered...

Get:

ARI WR Larry Fitzgerald

Give:

NE TE Rob Gronkowski

+WR or future draft pick

In our league, Gronkowski outscored Fitzgerald last year 355 to 309 points, respectively. I also get to start two TEs so Gronk and Graham all day!

My WRs are Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Robert Meachem, Darrius Heyward-Bey, STL Steve Smith, Brian Quick, Mohamed Sanu, and Josh Gordon.

I politely declined since I want to run a two TE set that will outshine the Pats' own.

Sorry, but Gronk for Fitz isn't on par with half the lopsided trash that floats through my inbox every day. That is pretty much a standard offer.

Sorry, but Gronk for Fitz isn't on par with half the lopsided trash that floats through my inbox every day. That is pretty much a standard offer.
I forgot to add that it's a dynasty and salary cap league. So...Gronk had a significant amount of points more in 2011...Fitz's 2012 fantasy prospects don't look bright with Kolb looking horrible and Skelton not much better...Gronk is younger and has the cheaper salary...AND I have to throw in a WR or pick?

'Sitch said:
If he had left Brown off and you are in a position to win this year I probably would have taken this deal.

'Sitch said:
Received this offer yesterday - this guy notoriously sends pretty crappy offers, but this one takes the cake, even for him:

I get: A.Rodgers, Caddy Williams (yes, he still has him on his roster), Boldin, B.Edwards and some other irrelevant WR that I can't even remember

I typically won't put snide comments in my response, but I couldn't help it with this one. I replied 'Is this a real offer? Why on earth would I make this deal?'

He basically wanted 5 young dynasty pieces for Aaron Rodgers. The other guys (save for Boldin) were waiver wire material.
thanks for clearing that up. i was having trouble wrapping my head around that offer with caddy involvedif you are high on any of those guys, i can see why you think that but i have the opinion that matt ryan stays a qb5-10, as does rg3 at best. helu flops and little becomes the next crabby and so i do think that is a fair offer.

i wouldn't accept, but i would counter. he's offering you the #1 player for the next 5 or so years. either keep brown or get him to throw in some picks but it is in the ball park.

A few days ago, was offered...

Get:

ARI WR Larry Fitzgerald

Give:

NE TE Rob Gronkowski

+WR or future draft pick

In our league, Gronkowski outscored Fitzgerald last year 355 to 309 points, respectively. I also get to start two TEs so Gronk and Graham all day!

My WRs are Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Robert Meachem, Darrius Heyward-Bey, STL Steve Smith, Brian Quick, Mohamed Sanu, and Josh Gordon.

I politely declined since I want to run a two TE set that will outshine the Pats' own.
if you have to convince us why it's a bad offer, it's not that bad of an offer

thanks for clearing that up. i was having trouble wrapping my head around that offer with caddy involvedif you are high on any of those guys, i can see why you think that but i have the opinion that matt ryan stays a qb5-10, as does rg3 at best. helu flops and little becomes the next crabby and so i do think that is a fair offer.

i wouldn't accept, but i would counter. he's offering you the #1 player for the next 5 or so years. either keep brown or get him to throw in some picks but it is in the ball park.
Wow, can't believe some think this deal is remotely fair/close. Regardless of what you think of Helu/Little, they DO have value. Dealing both QBs, along with 2 WRs and Helu for one player, no matter how good, makes zero sense IMO. Whether I had the depth or not (which I don't), I would never strip my team down for one player. I also happen to think Ryan has a big year, and really like A.Brown. Would I trade, say 3 of these guys for Rodgers? Sure, but not all 5.

Wow, can't believe some think this deal is remotely fair/close. Regardless of what you think of Helu/Little, they DO have value. Dealing both QBs, along with 2 WRs and Helu for one player, no matter how good, makes zero sense IMO. Whether I had the depth or not (which I don't), I would never strip my team down for one player. I also happen to think Ryan has a big year, and really like A.Brown. Would I trade, say 3 of these guys for Rodgers? Sure, but not all 5.
There's a very popular school of thought in dynasty that says 95% of the time, whoever winds up with the best player "wins" the trade. I happen to be a big believer in that philosophy. Mid-level prospects are the easiest-to-acquire, most overrated assets in dynasty. Some of them become huge. Most of them fade into oblivion within a single season, two at the outside. I've been burned by it in the past, for sure- in one league, I've sold on Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garçon, Austin Collie, and Jordy Nelson prior to their breakouts. And I regretted it at the time. But they weren't all that hard to replace- hell, the only reason I had room to roster Austin and Wallace in the first place is because I sold on Garçon and Collie. and at the same time, I also extracted top value out of guys like Mike Sims-Walker, Donald Driver, James Starks, Javon Walker, Dustin Keller, and Lee Evans before their value took a major faceplant. Those guys were all instrumental in trades that landed me names like Brees, Rice, Fitzgerald, Jamaal Charles, and Rob Gronkowski. If that's what it took to grease the wheels of the machinery and get me to a point where I can field a starting lineup that looks like that, I'm perfectly okay with it. If your league has a transaction log, I'd propose a little bit of research into the past. Go check out trades from 3 years ago. In my experience, trades that looked laughable at the time (one team giving up a glut of value to land a single stud) look laughable in the other direction now, since that glut of value all fizzled out in a year or two while the stud is still going strong. Think about the guy who a dozen years ago had a chance to acquire Peyton Manning but balked because he didnt want to add Michael Bennett and Rod Gardner. I'm not advising it in all circumstances, but absolutely, when given a chance to land a player who hits the trifecta- young, stud talent, proven production- I'll overpay. I'll just keep throwing mediocre prospects into the mix all day long until I finally overwhelm the other guy with how much "value" I'm giving him. There are maybe a dozen players that match that description at any given time, but those names stay remarkably consistent from year to year. Plus, as I said, many-for-few trades free up lots of roster spots which, if you're diligent, you can easily turn around and turn into prospects roughly equivalent to the ones you just gave up.TL;DR- it's a philosophical difference, not a laughable trade.

There's a very popular school of thought in dynasty that says 95% of the time, whoever winds up with the best player "wins" the trade. I happen to be a big believer in that philosophy. Mid-level prospects are the easiest-to-acquire, most overrated assets in dynasty. Some of them become huge. Most of them fade into oblivion within a single season, two at the outside. I've been burned by it in the past, for sure- in one league, I've sold on Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garçon, Austin Collie, and Jordy Nelson prior to their breakouts. And I regretted it at the time. But they weren't all that hard to replace- hell, the only reason I had room to roster Austin and Wallace in the first place is because I sold on Garçon and Collie. and at the same time, I also extracted top value out of guys like Mike Sims-Walker, Donald Driver, James Starks, Javon Walker, Dustin Keller, and Lee Evans before their value took a major faceplant. Those guys were all instrumental in trades that landed me names like Brees, Rice, Fitzgerald, Jamaal Charles, and Rob Gronkowski. If that's what it took to grease the wheels of the machinery and get me to a point where I can field a starting lineup that looks like that, I'm perfectly okay with it. If your league has a transaction log, I'd propose a little bit of research into the past. Go check out trades from 3 years ago. In my experience, trades that looked laughable at the time (one team giving up a glut of value to land a single stud) look laughable in the other direction now, since that glut of value all fizzled out in a year or two while the stud is still going strong. Think about the guy who a dozen years ago had a chance to acquire Peyton Manning but balked because he didnt want to add Michael Bennett and Rod Gardner. I'm not advising it in all circumstances, but absolutely, when given a chance to land a player who hits the trifecta- young, stud talent, proven production- I'll overpay. I'll just keep throwing mediocre prospects into the mix all day long until I finally overwhelm the other guy with how much "value" I'm giving him. There are maybe a dozen players that match that description at any given time, but those names stay remarkably consistent from year to year. Plus, as I said, many-for-few trades free up lots of roster spots which, if you're diligent, you can easily turn around and turn into prospects roughly equivalent to the ones you just gave up.TL;DR- it's a philosophical difference, not a laughable trade.
No doubt Rodgers is the best player in the deal - but, I'm in a position where I don't NEED him since I am more than happy with Ryan and RG3. My team is not one player away from winning it all, so I could never part with 5 pretty good pieces for 1 guy, no matter how good. I didn't even bother countering b/c I'm not looking to trade multiple pieces unless it's at a position of need.

I don't think Ryan and RG3 are anywhere near as valuable as Rodgers right now.

At any rate, it's certainly not a "worst offer ever" type of trade.

I'd reserve that classification for deals that basically require you to be a brain dead vegetable in order to even consider hitting accept.

No doubt Rodgers is the best player in the deal - but, I'm in a position where I don't NEED him since I am more than happy with Ryan and RG3. My team is not one player away from winning it all, so I could never part with 5 pretty good pieces for 1 guy, no matter how good. I didn't even bother countering b/c I'm not looking to trade multiple pieces unless it's at a position of need.
I never said that you needed him, or that you should have done the trade, or that the trade made sense for your squad as is currently constructed. I never said that my philosophy was the dominant one, or the only one, or the right one, or that everyone should adopt it. In fact, I hope everyone DOESN'T adopt it, because then I'd have no one left to trade with. I'm just saying that any trade that would be accepted by a number of reasonable dynasty owners automatically gets disqualified from "worst offer" consideration. And while some may disagree, I like to think I'm a reasonable dynasty owner.

Two weeks ago In a 24 team dynasty with heavy qb scoring I offered the 24th pick, Kevin kolb (when he was on former ground), Fred Jackson, and Vincent Jackson for the 3 (Richardson) and was told I would have to offer "more than 3 scrubs" for the 3 pick. I didn't see it as that bad of a deal.

He gives Mike Wallace, 3 2013 2nd rounders

I give 4 2013 1st rounders

My team already has Fitz, Marshall, Austin, Hill, Cobb (return yardage league), and Moore. I'm stacked a WR. Meanwhile, two of those firsts are likely top-3 picks.

The name "Mike Wallace" does not appear anywhere on the list of players I would pay four firsts to acquire, even if I'm desperate at WR.

He gives Mike Wallace, 3 2013 2nd roundersI give 4 2013 1st roundersMy team already has Fitz, Marshall, Austin, Hill, Cobb (return yardage league), and Moore. I'm stacked a WR. Meanwhile, two of those firsts are likely top-3 picks.The name "Mike Wallace" does not appear anywhere on the list of players I would pay four firsts to acquire, even if I'm desperate at WR.
What a future changing trade (potentially). That is quite a haul.

A bunch of crapshoot picks the next 3 years for Richardson

THEN. Richardson for Ingram/Wilson OR Martin/Wilson

Do I do that one?

A bunch of crapshoot picks the next 3 years for RichardsonTHEN. Richardson for Ingram/Wilson OR Martin/WilsonDo I do that one?
I hope you are being sarcastic. Almost everyone agrees that 1 stud > any pile of "good" players. Richardson has the talent to be a bonafied RB1 stud - for a long while. Even if Wilson had shown something in week 1, I'd still much rather have a strong RB1 then 2 RB2s with occasional RB1 upside.edited for horrific typing skillz.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was wanting to pick up a backup qb for my keeper league, one guy offered Cassel for Ray Rice. I'm pretty sure he was drunk.

What a future changing trade (potentially). That is quite a haul.
Exactly. I've spent years stockpiling those picks, trading late firsts for future firsts, trading mid-firsts for a second and a future first, unloading flavor-of-the-month prospects, and generally just exploiting the bias for present value over future value (aka "hyperbolic discounting"). My draft haul next year represents years of effort to stockpile for the future. I've given up on a LOT of potential present value to carry those for so long. And he thinks I'm going to blow all that for Mike Wallace. Also, handy tip: if you have to explain why I might want the deal, and it takes more than a sentence, it's a crap deal. If your explanation ever uses the words "not as bad as it looks", it's a crap deal. I'm more than happy to have you tell me what you were thinking when you made the offer, but don't waste my time by telling me what I should be thinking when I see the offer.

I'm more than happy to have you tell me what you were thinking when you made the offer, but don't waste my time by telling me what I should be thinking when I see the offer.
:goodposting: This is cash money, succinctly sums up why I find some trade exchanges so frustrating. Trying to make your trade partner feel crazy for not thinking the same way as you, is on the edge of shades of disrespectful/conman.

This was a redraft one, but I couldn't find a thread for it.

12 team non-PPR. I was looking to acquire Sproles, as the RG3 owner wants him and I want RG3. Anyway, I go to the Sproles owner and ask what he wants.

I get the offer back.

I give: Morris & Graham

I get: Sproles & Finley

I emailed him back pointing out that Morris was the 3rd highest scoring RB in the ENTIRE LEAGUE and Graham had easily outscored Finley. He replied that I drafted Morris in the 19th round, whilst Sproles was a 3rd round pick. He also said 'I really like Sproles!'

Idiot.

I was offered this a couple of weeks ago in a deep dynasty league:

Team A offers Forbath, Kai WAS PK; $200.00 in blind bidding for

Team B offers Colston, Marques NOS WR

Offered this week:

Murray

Cobb

for

Lamar Miller

Olsen

Early 2nd round rookie pick

Guy is usually pretty resonable and we have worked out many trades but he has been trying to fleece Murray and Cobb from me for several weeks.

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."
I'm not offended by any trade offer - even if it's ludicrous. In fact, there's so little trading in my league, I'm always happy to see a trade offer in my inbox no matter what the trade offer is.

An offer last year before Jamaal Charles went down:

I give: Jamaal Charles

I get: Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Slaton

I told the owner to never offer for any of my players ever again.
Never do this again. That he made you an offer - even a silly one - means he is interested. Any time an owner is interested, you have a shot at getting a good trade done.

That he made you an offer - even a silly one - means he is interested. Any time an owner is interested, you have a shot at getting a good trade done.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I know trading is a big part of FF, but getting spammed a half dozen offers at a time from one owner, who then emails back incredulously "what, no counter?", is a waste of time. I know opinion is pretty evenly split in the FF community about how to treat owners like this, but honestly, I just hit "reject" and be done with it. Maybe i'm too old to deal with this #####, or maybe i have too many teams... but i have found the best way to get deals done is through email to hammer out the wants of both parties. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread