What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

Pretty standard 1 pt PPR. Guy with a 1-6 record puts V-Jax up on the block, sent him an email saying I'm interested, what's the price. Here is the offer I received 5 minutes later:

He gives: Carson Palmer and V-Jax

I give: Aaron Rodgers and Keenan Allen

Swiftly rejected.

I think I win:

He gives: Peyton Manning

Frank Gore

Jason Babin

Justin Smith

James Ihendigbo (spelling)

2 4th round rookies and 5th round rookie

I give: CJ Spiller

Shane Vereen

Demaryius Thomas

Justin Hunter

Tyler Eifert

1st round rookie, 2nd round rookie.

Unbelievable-I told the guy-who I actually like-that this was easily the worst offer I've ever received. It's a PPR 12 team dynasty btw (start 2 QB).

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked me if I wanted to get younger at QB, and then offered me Brandon Weeden and the 2.02 for Matt Ryan.

Brandon Weeden is a year and a half older than Matt Ryan.
I know this is almost a year old but this is hilarious

Someone asked me if I wanted to get younger at QB, and then offered me Brandon Weeden and the 2.02 for Matt Ryan.

I think it is the reasoning the person gives is what makes some of these offer instant classics, like this Ryan for Weeden example.

I mean, if I just send someone an offer of Greg Little, Davon Bess, Campbell, and a 2nd rounder for Dez, it's much easier to hit reject and move on than if the person adds to the offer something like "thought you might want to lock up the Brown's QB/WR core and pick up a 2nd rounder in this deap draft for depth".

All you can really reply back is "hell no. The leather restraints Bess was strapped down with are worth more than him".

I think it is the reasoning the person gives is what makes some of these offer instant classics, like this Ryan for Weeden example.

I mean, if I just send someone an offer of Greg Little, Davon Bess, Campbell, and a 2nd rounder for Dez, it's much easier to hit reject and move on than if the person adds to the offer something like "thought you might want to lock up the Brown's QB/WR core and pick up a 2nd rounder in this deap draft for depth".

All you can really reply back is "hell no. The leather restraints Bess was strapped down with are worth more than him".
I love it when someone tries to "explain" why you should do a trade that only a brainless chimp would accept. Your example above is a good one.

I had a guy offer me Ryan Williams for a future 1st in the offseason last year. He sent a lengthy 3-4 paragraph e-mail explaining why this would be a good move for me, and seemed a little bit insulted that I didn't read more than the first few sentences. Total joke.

I have pretty low tolerance for the con man types who are just looking to rob you blind. I know that FF teams aren't charitable organizations and that everyone is hoping to win every trade, but there is a difference between sending a reasonable offer that you think is slanted in your favor and sending someone an insulting proposition that only a pure idiot would accept. In every one of my leagues there are 1-2 owners who only operate that way and once I know that's their M.O. I just stop taking them seriously.

Some people are either totally unwilling or totally incapable of looking at trades from the other owner's perspective. They just stuff your inbox with idiotic offers in hopes that you'll be dumb enough to eventually hit accept. Unfortunately, that strategy sometimes works out for them.

So how come you didnt take Williams for a 1st?? Seems like it is just what your team needs, lol.

I guess I should feel kinda bad, I traded Donald Brown for a future 1st this offseason.

I love it when someone tries to "explain" why you should do a trade that only a brainless chimp would accept. Your example above is a good one.

I had a guy offer me Ryan Williams for a future 1st in the offseason last year. He sent a lengthy 3-4 paragraph e-mail explaining why this would be a good move for me, and seemed a little bit insulted that I didn't read more than the first few sentences. Total joke.

I have pretty low tolerance for the con man types who are just looking to rob you blind. I know that FF teams aren't charitable organizations and that everyone is hoping to win every trade, but there is a difference between sending a reasonable offer that you think is slanted in your favor and sending someone an insulting proposition that only a pure idiot would accept. In every one of my leagues there are 1-2 owners who only operate that way and once I know that's their M.O. I just stop taking them seriously.

Some people are either totally unwilling or totally incapable of looking at trades from the other owner's perspective. They just stuff your inbox with idiotic offers in hopes that you'll be dumb enough to eventually hit accept. Unfortunately, that strategy sometimes works out for them.
I never send over trades that I think have no chance of being accepted, but looking through the in-season dynasty trade thread sometimes I think that I should. :oldunsure:

This is from a 12 team, 15 keeper PPR I am in - technically not a dynasty league, but this trade offer is soooooo god awful I just had to share it:

I give:

Richardson, Trent CLE RB

I get:

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB Boldin, Anquan SFO WR Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.08
If that 1.08 would been someone like L-Bell or Patterson this one seems pretty good right now eh ?

I still don't think I will ever get a worse offer then this one in 2011

[SIZE=medium]interested???[/SIZE]

This is from a 12 team, 15 keeper PPR I am in - technically not a dynasty league, but this trade offer is soooooo god awful I just had to share it:

I give:

Richardson, Trent CLE RB

I get:

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB Boldin, Anquan SFO WR Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.08
If that 1.08 would been someone like L-Bell or Patterson this one seems pretty good right now eh ?
lol. take the 1.08 out completely and its prolly fair.

I think I win:

He gives: Peyton Manning

Frank Gore

Jason Babin

Justin Smith

James Ihendigbo (spelling)

2 4th round rookies and 5th round rookie

I give: CJ Spiller

Shane Vereen

Demaryius Thomas

Justin Hunter

Tyler Eifert

1st round rookie, 2nd round rookie.

Unbelievable-I told the guy-who I actually like-that this was easily the worst offer I've ever received. It's a PPR 12 team dynasty btw (start 2 QB).
Two QB league makes Peyton hands down the leader in the clubhouse for VoRP until he retires. The guy's trying to get value before he retires. I agree that you;d be overpaying, but it's not Weeden.

So many to choose from, and they are all from the same person. Just this year.

Palmer, Ingram, G. Jennings, G. Tate For Decker, Jeffery and 1.2 (before the season)

D. Alexander and Tate for Jeffery and 2.2 (before the season)

Stacy, Tate, Myers for Decker, Jeffery, and Antonio Brown (before the season)

Jones-Drew and 3.9 (MJD looking great) for Decker, Jeffery, and Brown ( before the season)

Jones-Drew and Myers for D. Wilson, Jeffery, 2nd (3 weeks into the season)

Ball, Britt, Ivory for Lacy and Decker

Ivory, MJD, G. Jennings for Decker and Jeffery (trade deadline approaching)

Sadly that not even half of them. He sends them to everyone. Someone has termed them S.uper H.igh I.ntensity T.rade offers.

Palmer, Ingram, G. Jennings, G. Tate For Decker, Jeffery and 1.2 (before the season)

Jones-Drew and 3.9 (MJD looking great) for Decker, Jeffery, and Brown ( before the season)

Sadly that not even half of them. He sends them to everyone. Someone has termed them S.uper H.igh I.ntensity T.rade offers.
After the season these offers look bad but before the season? I didn't have Jeffrey ranked that high. Lots of concern over Decker with the Welker addition. Lots of question about if Brown could handle the #1 gig. The pieces he was offering like Ivory, Danario and Stacy had some buzz. I'm not saying these are good offers but they don't qualify as "worst trade offer" material either. In fact I don't mind getting these kind of offers assuming I have any interest at all in moving the pieces. I can usually cobble together a counter and get something done.

After the season these offers look bad but before the season? I didn't have Jeffrey ranked that high. Lots of concern over Decker with the Welker addition. Lots of question about if Brown could handle the #1 gig. The pieces he was offering like Ivory, Danario and Stacy had some buzz. I'm not saying these are good offers but they don't qualify as "worst trade offer" material either. In fact I don't mind getting these kind of offers assuming I have any interest at all in moving the pieces. I can usually cobble together a counter and get something done.
Wiley. Is that you? They were terrible in their time. Decker, Brown had 1000 yard seasons under their belt. Jeffery coming of a 60 750 6 as a rookie. Nevermind outside of Big Ben and Pierre Thomas, my team was made up of all young player and 1.2 was going to net Lacy or Bell. Stacy was the only piece that had value to me because I had him ranked #1 and was confident I would get him at 2.2. Was upset and offered him Jeffery straight up after the draft. Glad he declined, because Jeffery played a big part in my championship run which wound up being against his team in the final.

Wiley. Is that you? They were terrible in their time. Decker, Brown had 1000 yard seasons under their belt. Jeffery coming of a 60 750 6 as a rookie. Nevermind outside of Big Ben and Pierre Thomas, my team was made up of all young player and 1.2 was going to net Lacy or Bell. Stacy was the only piece that had value to me because I had him ranked #1 and was confident I would get him at 2.2. Was upset and offered him Jeffery straight up after the draft. Glad he declined, because Jeffery played a big part in my championship run which wound up being against his team in the final.
Ummm check your facts man. Jeffery had 24 367 3 as a rookie ( I think you are quoting his 2013 projected stats). Unless you are omnicient I would have to think your value on Jeffery was pretty low. On Decker, search some threads here, Welker's signing was causing some significant Decker downgrades to occur. Unless Manning throws up another 60 TDs it might come to pass. Brown followed up his 1000yd and TWO TD season with a 787 and 5 TDs. That kind of production hardly makes him someone you have to break the bank for.

Again, I'm not saying that these are GOOD trade offers, just that they don't seem like the kind worth posting here. Although it was entertaining to see his progression and relentless attempts.

Probably not the most terrible since Wilson's value is in the tank right now, but I have two 1sts invested in the guy. I used my 2013 1st to move up from 1.09 to 1.05 in the 2012 rookie draft. Ouch! I was definitely high on him and wasn't too crazy about any options that may have fell to the 1.09. About a week ago I was offered:

Give: David Wilson

Get: Edwin Baker

Needless to say, I'm holding and hoping for the best regarding Wilson. I'd literally rather cut him than let him go for that. Baker was a guy I didn't even bother putting a claim in for after his first week as the Browns lead back. I'm already rostering Dion Lewis and like him a bit more. Using two roster spots on the Cleveland backfield is at least one spot too many as it is.

I just think the offer felt like salt being poured into the wound since Wilson was the player I was the most excited about on my team going into 2013. He's definitely the most disappointing one now.

we all get bad offers, but it takes something special (as it should) for me to take the time and post.

12 Team PPR. Start 2RB/3WR/TE/ and can flex any

Give:

Gronk

Cameron

1.01 Rookie (slightly devalued with Devy's, but Hyde, Mason, Benjamin, TEs available)

Get:

TRich

VDavis

Can see Cameron and VDavis being a wash. Not really feeling Gronk/1.01 for TRich

I never send over trades that I think have no chance of being accepted, but looking through the in-season dynasty trade thread sometimes I think that I should. :oldunsure:
That is the reason I love and hate the dynasty thread.

Got this one this morning... I actually laughed sitting at my desk, I hope he was joking but he hasn't replied to my text yet asking if he's insane.
ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give
Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.03

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06

Got this one this morning... I actually laughed sitting at my desk, I hope he was joking but he hasn't replied to my text yet asking if he's insane.
ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
Give me the 5th rounder over and earlier pick and a stud anyday.

LOL! Winner!

In a 16 team PPR league a few weeks ago, I got offered what amounted to:

Give up Julio Jones *plus* a few other minor pieces, for Sam Bradford.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
That has to be a mistake. There's no way some one could seriously send an offer like that. It's not bad, it's illogical.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
That has to be a mistake. There's no way some one could seriously send an offer like that. It's not bad, it's illogical.
When I get offers like this, I assume it is his attempt at getting the talks going...letting me know he has interest and expecting me to send a counter. But if the dude was serious, I'd send him something offensive back and see if he accepts. :D

It's the great time of the year when everyone is trying to clear roster space for the rookie draft by offering you 5 guys they are planning to drop for a quality starter.

It's the great time of the year when everyone is trying to clear roster space for the rookie draft by offering you 5 guys they are planning to drop for a quality starter.
Which reminds me...I just gave up Geno, J-Stew, Justin Hunter, Housler, N. Bradham and the 2.15 rookie pick for Shady and the 4.04. But in his defense, it is a 16 team salary cap league. Bad thing is, I had to be convinced to do it. LOL!

LOL! Winner!
In all honesty this one sounds like the guy was interested in giving up Turner and here are the things he is interested in. Not that it isn't bad thinking he could get Dez straight up for Turner in 2011 but I don't think he expected all of this.

There are 2 sides to this coin. What if it is 5 guys that would start for the other team, increasing their point total by an amount much greater than the one stud will over his replacement. Do you always keep your stud?

Which reminds me...I just gave up Geno, J-Stew, Justin Hunter, Housler, N. Bradham and the 2.15 rookie pick for Shady and the 4.04. But in his defense, it is a 16 team salary cap league. Bad thing is, I had to be convinced to do it. LOL!
You might regret it Hunter turns out.

There are 2 sides to this coin. What if it is 5 guys that would start for the other team, increasing their point total by an amount much greater than the one stud will over his replacement. Do you always keep your stud?
Yes, I just keep the stud and pick up the 5 guys after the owner drops them.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
I assumed that as well. I rejected sent him a text asking him if he was insane. He then sent me this trade offer:

Turd Ferguson offers Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.08;Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.09
.Spin for Bernard, Giovani CIN RB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 6.09

When I rejected again, he text me and said "Dude, we are on totally different wavelengths with respect to Gio"

"Yah, it appears so..."

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
I assumed that as well. I rejected sent him a text asking him if he was insane. He then sent me this trade offer:

When I rejected again, he text me and said "Dude, we are on totally different wavelengths with respect to Gio"

"Yah, it appears so..."
So he expects you to trade a guy that went in the top 5 of rookie drafts last season - and looked the part during the season - for two 5th round picks. That's almost as illogical as his first offer. I have some one with a similar mindset in one of my leagues - a total waste of time.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

"Yah, it appears so..."
So he expects you to trade a guy that went in the top 5 of rookie drafts last season - and looked the part during the season - for two 5th round picks. That's almost as illogical as his first offer. I have some one with a similar mindset in one of my leagues - a total waste of time.
Yah, most of his offers are like this, I typically just don't reply and just reject. I do like how he added the 6th on my side though... you know... to make it fair.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

"Yah, it appears so..."
Yah, most of his offers are like this, I typically just don't reply and just reject. I do like how he added the 6th on my side though... you know... to make it fair.
True dynasty? I could see this kinda making sense in a 1 keeper league or something.

ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

"Yah, it appears so..."
True dynasty? I could see this kinda making sense in a 1 keeper league or something.
Yah it's a true dynasty, and Gio has 5 years left on his contract. Those are rookie picks being referenced.

Obviously not, since he keeps sending offers for Gio. If I think a player is crappy, I don't bother sending one trade offer for him, let alone a follow-up.

Spin said:
Gawain said:
Spin said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Spin said:
ppr, start 2 rbs

Team A will give

I give:
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

"Yah, it appears so..."
Yah it's a true dynasty, and Gio has 5 years left on his contract. Those are rookie picks being referenced.
Just be happy you have some one like this in your league. I would look to make him a reasonable offer for something that would help your team.

Going back over 3 year history of our dynasty $60 entry league and found this ACCEPTED offer from July 4, 2013:

Team A gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.11;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A
Team B gave up Swope, Ryan FA WR; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B

(Team A won toilet bowl and 2014 became 1.01 + Team B finished 4th and 2014 became 2.09)

So:

Team A gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.11;Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.01
Team B gave up Swope, Ryan FA WR; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.09

In 2012 a mediocre team made this trade:

Team A gave up: 2013 1st, 2014 1st, 2014 2nd

Team B gave up: Chris Johnson

The 2013 1st turned out to be 1.03 (Lacy) and the 2014 picks are 1.01 and 2.01.

Going back over 3 year history of our dynasty $60 entry league and found this ACCEPTED offer
You and CSTU are getting into another category...trades may or may not have looked bad at the time, but at least a couple of years out they really were real world terrible.

About a week ago, I got

Russell Wilson and MJD

For

Lacy, Khiry, Blackmon and 1.12

It amazes me that he is ever able to complete a trade, because he sends out crap offers non stop.

Users who are viewing this thread