What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

I give: Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson and 2015 1st

I get: EJ Manual, Trent Richardson

Was told it's a deal I can't refuse, LOL

We had a new owner take over an orphaned team today, and his team was pretty bad and a total rebuild, with only a few decent older pieces (Peyton and Andre Johnson). I made an offer to essentially swap Cam for Peyton/AJ. He declined and countered with:

Get: Peyton, Boykin, Fleener, Kenbrell

Give: Newton, Jimmy Graham, Marshall, 1.12, 3rd rounder in 2015 (nice touch on the 3rd!)

Deuceman said:

I wouldn't do that deal, but at least there's a possibility that 4 years from now we'll look back and laugh that we once considered that a huge "overpay" for Richardson.

Deuceman said:

I wouldn't do that deal, but at least there's a possibility that 4 years from now we'll look back and laugh that we once considered that a huge "overpay" for Richardson.
If that trade was offered before the start of the 2013 season you would actually call it a horrible offer for Richardson.

Was offered Delanie Walker for 1.3. Quickly rejected.

Then the same guy offered me Kris Durham and 2.8 for 1.3. Yeah...

32 team league where we start a TEAM QB and late round picks are pretty much worthless.

I give: Alshon Jeffery

He gives: Brandon LaFell and 1.28 2014 rookie pick

was offered

for

chris johnson

i said no thanks and then was offered

david nelson

mario manningham

for

chris johnson

kenny stills

Last edited by a moderator:
was offered

for

chris johnson

david nelson

mario manningham

for

chris johnson

kenny stills
I don't think this belongs in the thread as it's counter worthy. Pull off the 3.12 or stills and I'd do the deal most if the time. I would rather have the 3.02 than CJ unless I was one RB short of a championship run. That leaves the majority of the other teams in the league that wouldn't touch CJ in Dynasty.

was offered

for

chris johnson

david nelson

mario manningham

for

chris johnson

kenny stills
I don't think this belongs in the thread as it's counter worthy. Pull off the 3.12 or stills and I'd do the deal most if the time. I would rather have the 3.02 than CJ unless I was one RB short of a championship run. That leaves the majority of the other teams in the league that wouldn't touch CJ in Dynasty.
Are you being serious?

Just beginning a start-up and I had the number 2 overall pick. Was offered 2015 1st and 3rd for it.
Maybe this was the very first dynasty and startup ever for the other owner - I sometimes get some really out-of-whack offers in startups from people who previously had just played in redrafts only. That said, it was still a horrible offer.

Just beginning a start-up and I had the number 2 overall pick. Was offered 2015 1st and 3rd for it.
Might be a top 3 candidate for this thread just based on the FACT that it is a horrid offer without the possibility of a debate on it.

If someone offers Blackmon for Calvin JOhnson, you can at least debate some things like age and..........well age I guess.

With this one, even if that 2015 1st was guaranteed to be the #1 pick (which obviously it isn't) it would still be an atrocious offer.

If that guy offered his 2015 1st and 3rd for pick 2 of a ROOKIE DRAFT it would be a horrid offer, let alone pick 2 of the current player pool.

Offers like that should get you a fine or lose draft picks or soomething.

I got this treat today.

Give: Alshon Jeffery, Khiry Robinson

Get : 1.8, future 2nd & 3rd, and Jerricho Cotchery

As if Alshon wasnt enough, he makes sure to toss Robinson in.

The funniest thing is, in the "comment" section he went on to say, "You have good wr's, id do the same thing for Gordon....id also be interested in julio at cheaper degree."

was offered

for

chris johnson

david nelson

mario manningham

for

chris johnson

kenny stills
Are you being serious?
I had the same thoughts as stp-d when I first saw this trade posted. The problem isn't in the value being offered, it's in the value of Chris Johnson. There are a lot of people who would peg CJ?K's value as an early to mid second round 2014 pick. That's not a lot of value to begin with. That also means that there isn't much room to make up for in a counter. I don't think removing the third would get me to do the first deal listed, but I'd do it for 2.02 instead of 3.02. Once you're talking about different rookie picks after the first round, there's not enough value to make the "worst trade evah" thread.

I got this treat today.

Give: Alshon Jeffery, Khiry Robinson

Get : 1.8, future 2nd & 3rd, and Jerricho Cotchery

As if Alshon wasnt enough, he makes sure to toss Robinson in.

The funniest thing is, in the "comment" section he went on to say, "You have good wr's, id do the same thing for Gordon....id also be interested in julio at cheaper degree."
I don't know why guys throw players like Cotchery in these deals. If he offers the 1.08, 2nd and 3rd for Jeffery straight up at least it gives the other guy a chance to be enchanted with the draft picks this close to the rookie draft. But adding Cotchery just the overall package look less attractive. It's like trying to sell a bag of apples with one of them being severely bruised. Just take it out of there.

And if you're going to try to fleece a guy, don't get greedy by asking for another player, too. :rolleyes:

was offered

for

chris johnson

david nelson

mario manningham

for

chris johnson

kenny stills
Are you being serious?
I had the same thoughts as stp-d when I first saw this trade posted. The problem isn't in the value being offered, it's in the value of Chris Johnson. There are a lot of people who would peg CJ?K's value as an early to mid second round 2014 pick. That's not a lot of value to begin with. That also means that there isn't much room to make up for in a counter. I don't think removing the third would get me to do the first deal listed, but I'd do it for 2.02 instead of 3.02. Once you're talking about different rookie picks after the first round, there's not enough value to make the "worst trade evah" thread.
yeah when cj is the most valuable piece in a trade offer, you will never have as wide a difference in value as when a player like julio is involved. so maybe in that aspect the trade's didn't belong. the real reason i posted them was the progression of offers. if I said no to the first trade, why would removing 3.12 and replacing it with stills (an easily more valuable piece) change my mind?

I would give: Julio, Jeffrey and Patterson

To get: Ellington, Ridley and Harvin
worst? Really?
All 3 guys on one side have more value than anyone on the other side.
Not if the one side is 15 deep at WR and has Rashard Mendenhall and Pierre Thomas as starting RBs
Even if that were the case, I bet you could trade any one of those WRs for a RB better than any he's offering. Depending on how deep another owner is at RB, you could get an Alfred Morris, Ryan Matthews, or Zac Stacy even up for Julio or Jeffery, and probably for Patterson once the season starts if he gets off to a hot start.

I don't know, but I must be losing perspective. When I read the title of the thread it says worst dynasty trade you have been offered, but when I read some of these, my reaction is simply meh...

Are these really the worst you have ever been offered?

Zaphod said:
I don't know, but I must be losing perspective. When I read the title of the thread it says worst dynasty trade you have been offered, but when I read some of these, my reaction is simply meh...

Are these really the worst you have ever been offered?
This has morphed into a bad trade offers thread rather than the original worst trade ever thread that it was intended. The problem is the official off season dynasty trade thread is for discussion of completed trades only, not trades rejected, so by default those types of trades fall here. Perhaps someone should create a new thread for bad dynasty trade offers received.

Today in a TE=WR league I was offered:

JImmy Graham (as a WR)

Riley Cooper

Steve Smith

And all I had to give up was:

Julio

Gordon

Patterson.

I was just offered Colston for AJ Green straight up in a 12 team PPR

ETA: This is a new startup that we just finished drafting about a week ago. I took AJ at 1.04 and he took Colston at 14.12, lol

I was just offered TY Hilton for the 1.01 1.04 and a 2015 1st. Then the guy got pissed when I didn't counter.

I was just offered Colston for AJ Green straight up in a 12 team PPR

ETA: This is a new startup that we just finished drafting about a week ago. I took AJ at 1.04 and he took Colston at 14.12, lol
I was just offered TY Hilton for the 1.01 1.04 and a 2015 1st. Then the guy got pissed when I didn't counter.
This is why I check this thread. I'd love to see the first one string the Colston owner along like a 529 scammer.

Seriously, all the really bad ones that I have been offered, I have rejected and don't really remember them because they weren't worth worrying about...

Just offered in 12 team PPR:

Offered:

Rice, Ray BAL RB

All I would have to give Up:

Lattimore, Marcus SFO RB
Randle, Rueben NYG WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.08

I found this one funny in a TE required, PPR league:

Rookie 1.05

for

Jimmy Graham + 3.05

I guess it was too unbalanced for the other guy so he needed to add in my 3.05.

This was offered last November after Foster's season ending injury:

I give:

Jordy Nelson

2014 2nd (turned out to be 2.01)

2015 1st (probably early)

2015 2nd (probably late)

I get

Foster

Had a new guy join our league. I have Spiller and D.Wilson, he has F-Jax and A.Brown. So I started sending him a few offers for both guys (2nd rounders, middle of the road players, etc which is what both guys are worth). So he started sending a few offers: Andre Brown for Antonio Brown Andre Brown for Jennings Andre Brown for Colston I politely declined each, didn't think they could get any worse...boy was I wrong, got this beauty yesterday: I give: D.Wilson and Jennings I get: F-Jax, L.Moore, 3.01 I finally gave up trying to deal with him after that...
You should have taken the deal. Some of the hubris here is pretty entertaining.

Not sure if this qualifies or if I am just missing something:

Team A offers Brown, Marlon BAL WR;Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR;Hoomanawanui, Michael NEP TE; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.10;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.09

I give up Ellington, Andre ARI RB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.04;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.07

Users who are viewing this thread