What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

Just received this awesome deal to my inbox that got swiftly rejected with some puzzled remarks:

Team X:

Johnson, Dennis HOU RB
Boldin, Anquan SFO WR
Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.07

House Bellwood:
Jones, Julio ATL WR

Who would ever think that deal might come off? Has to be the worst deal I've ever been offered!

Surprised there hasn't been any "Worst trade offers" involving Adrian Peterson and someone trying to pull a fast one back in the day

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a couple:

I get Bernard Pierce

I give Harvin and the 2.11

I get Keenan Allen

I give Harvin and the 1.11 and the 2.6 and the 2.11

Got a couple:

I get Bernard Pierce

I give Harvin and the 2.11

I get Keenan Allen

I give Harvin and the 1.11 and the 2.6 and the 2.11
Depending on the roster, level of interest in Harvin and Allen to the trade partners I can see giving Harvin, 1.11, 2.6 and 2.11 for Keenan Allen. It's an overpay but not outrageous.

I wanted to gauge the owners interest on a lev'eon bell trade last season a month before the NFL kick off. I was asked to give jamaal charles and a first round pick for le'veon bell.

We were both part of an ROD so we were both new to the league and he offered:

Jermichael Finley + 3.08 + 4.08

for

Eddie Lacy + Jimmy Graham

I thought maybe he was a complete draft pick nut who valued draft picks very highly, so I countered with the 4.02 and 5.02 for Navorro Bowman and he answered: "Sorry, bro Bowman is worth much more than a 4th and 5th rounder."

Four days later he traded away D-Jax for the 1.01 and 2.09 to another owner.

:shrug:

In a 16-team salary cap TE premium I was looking to get L. Green. His owner told me "I'm not really interested in trading Green ..I've selected him in the third round 2 years ago. If you want him... I will trade you him for J. Thomas and one of your first round picks in a base package..to begin negotiations." The pick he speaks of is 1.03 or 1.07. And no one on his team is worth Green or the picks. I just asked if he thinks the comish would aprove the deal or not. He hasn't responded.

for

I thought maybe he was a complete draft pick nut who valued draft picks very highly, so I countered with the 4.02 and 5.02 for Navorro Bowman and he answered: "Sorry, bro Bowman is worth much more than a 4th and 5th rounder."

sounds like a horrible league to be in

for

sounds like a horrible league to be in
It's a bit too early to tell for me, but it is a very respected league/site in dynasty league circles so it should not be. I just think they were very unlucky with this one new owner - both from an etiquette and ability standpoint. It played to my advantage in the ROD though since he did some very poor drafting; like a bad redraft owner who was drafting to win the 2011 season and got lost when the draft got into the mid and late stages. The player pool was pretty good in the ROD as well so I came out with one of the best rosters in the league from day one. But it has to be pretty high on the all time worst trade offers. The league is a standard scoring 12 team IDP league with low IDP scoring and 60 man rosters, so Lacy is a stud in this league and Graham is his usual self as a massive advantage over other TEs.

There are much much worse trades in this thread, but...

I get:

Riley Cooper

Golden Tate

2015 2nd (team won the league in 2013/14)

2015 5th

I give:

Jordy Nelson

Last year was offered Aaron Rodgers for......

[SIZE=medium]Freeman, Charles, 1.01, 2.05, and a future 1st in '14. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Also I owned the 1.06 but [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]"The 1.06 to me isnt worth much this year, not a deep class. "...........heh[/SIZE]

12 Team, PPR Scoring, start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 K, 1 D; 30 man roster off season, 25 man roster in season

Post draft was offered:

Riley Cooper, WR, PHI

Doug Baldwin, WE, SEA

for

2014 pick 1.07

Despite this "very generous" offer, I decided to select Odell Beckham, WR, NYG :IBTL:

I wanted to gauge the owners interest on a lev'eon bell trade last season a month before the NFL kick off. I was asked to give jamaal charles and a first round pick for le'veon bell.

Freeman, Charles, 1.01, 2.05, and a future 1st in '14.

Also I owned the 1.06 but "The 1.06 to me isnt worth much this year, not a deep class. "...........heh
Jamaal Charles value was very different prior to last season. Retroactively posting these now is a little disingenuous as they weren't that bad at the time they were offered.

Also I owned the 1.06 but "The 1.06 to me isnt worth much this year, not a deep class. "...........heh
Jamaal Charles value was very different prior to last season. Retroactively posting these now is a little disingenuous as they weren't that bad at the time they were offered.
I think you are thinking of two years ago. Charles was a top 5 pick every redraft I saw. And 1st rounder in dynasty drafts

I think you are thinking of two years ago. Charles was a top 5 pick every redraft I saw. And 1st rounder in dynasty drafts
That was probably three years ago. In 2012 start ups, I got him in the 3rd as he was coming off of his torn acl.

Got offered Joe Flacco + 2.05 for Cam Newton in a 12 team super-flex league. Not the worst one ever, but easily the worst of this off-season for me.

Got offered Joe Flacco + 2.05 for Cam Newton in a 12 team super-flex league. Not the worst one ever, but easily the worst of this off-season for me.
Eh that's pretty awful. The drop from Cam to Flacco is pretty massive. Flacco + 1.05 I could maybe see. But a second rounder? There's very little value there.

Team 1:

Gives: Nick Foles

Team 2:

Gives: Cordarrelle Patterson

2014 1.03

2015 1st

2015 2nd

Reading that trade offer was like being smacked in the head with a sledgehammer.

Was offered this one last night in a non-PPR:

I'm the Patriots.
I'm going to hand you 8 pennies and a nickle... okay now you give me $300,000,000.

Was offered this one last night in a non-PPR:

I'm the Patriots.
This might win the thread.
I think most of the completed trades Spike posted earlier in the 13/14 trade thread were worse than this

Ghetto Beatdown Squad proposed a trade with I Am The Shark:

Ghetto Beatdown Squad will give

Davis, Mike OAK WR

Grant, Ryan WAS WR

Hazel, Matt MIA WR

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

To I Am The Shark for

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Yes, I'd like to accept this trade.

No, I'd like to reject this trade and offer a counter-proposal.

No, I'd like to reject this trade completely.

Davis, Mike OAK WR

Grant, Ryan WAS WR

Hazel, Matt MIA WR

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

To I Am The Shark for

Jones, Julio ATL WR

lol

Davis, Mike OAK WR

Grant, Ryan WAS WR

Hazel, Matt MIA WR

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

To I Am The Shark for

Jones, Julio ATL WR

WTF

Davis, Mike OAK WR

Grant, Ryan WAS WR

Hazel, Matt MIA WR

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

To I Am The Shark for

Jones, Julio ATL WR

WTF
Julio may beat all five combined season stats in Week 1. His Week one stats mya surpass the entire careers of Haze, Grant and Davis combined.

Davis, Mike OAK WR

Grant, Ryan WAS WR

Hazel, Matt MIA WR

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

To I Am The Shark for

Jones, Julio ATL WR

I think Ghetto Beatdown Squad is trying to be a little bit too stereotypical here. Did he think he could just hold you up at gun point and just yell until you hit Accept? This is almost as sad as the Jaguars drafting a punter instead of Russell Wilson. I'm sure they're very please with Bryan Anger. Maybe you could be pleased with Ryan Grant...

Users who are viewing this thread