What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

I know it's Peterson but this has to qualifyA guy in my dynasty league mid season last year offered meHe wanted to give me PetersonHe wanted me to give him A-FosterM-VickB-Marshall2011 1st round pick of a team that was 2-7 at the time (ends up being #2 this year for me) :eek: :eek: :eek:
Non-ppr, i would consider that without the pick, depending on my roster.
Your nuts, and it is a non ppr league. Foster and Vick were #1 and #2 in the scoring system last year PPG and by a lot of at each position over their peers.I nearly choked on my food as I opened and read the email starting with "you might this is a lot to ask but hear me out..."Not to mention that this guy is in my division and my #1 rival so I would have handed him the title last year instead of winning it myself.Foster vs Peterson is a coin flip.
You lost me... you won the league and get the #2 pick?
I think he got someone elses pick via trade

You lost me... you won the league and get the #2 pick?
Besides the fact that he's already clarified it in this thread, its not hard to figure out where the 1.2 came from if you read his original post.It says it came from a team that was 2-7 at the time of the trade--aka, another team's 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think every league has the owner who only makes the worst trade offers. Never makes a deal unless he's completely ripping off the other guy. Here's the most recent I got from him...

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Dreessen, Joel HOU TE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick (This is a top 5 team in a 32-team league)

for:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Cobb, Randall GBP WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

Here's one I just received...12 team dynasty ppr league. It's a higher stakes league and I won the whole thing last year so it's not like I'm desperately looking for draft picks...love the "comment."

Trade Proposal Team A proposed a trade with Team B:

Team A will give

Owens, Terrell CIN WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.10

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11

To Team B for

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

just threw in T.O. . Heart of the deal is the 2 second rounders for Maclin.

So far this season, it's this one:

Give QB Manning, NYG

Get WR Tate, NE and WR Price, NE

We start 2 QBs, so any QB who has no threat of losing his job is a huge commodity.

Neither NE WR would make my final roster after cuts are due.

I offered it-Arian Foster for Rennie Curran (rookie LB for the Titans).I was turned down-it was before Tate got hurt last spring. 2 commishes reviewed the offer and thought Tate was the man of the future.
Love those...I offered Arian foster 26 times last offseason. I was pitching him as a top 20 RB. Got shot down all over the place. Now all those offers look like steals had anyone accepted. I'm glad I play in a league where guys go out of their way to protect me from myself. :)
Exactly. :lmao:

I offered it-Arian Foster for Rennie Curran (rookie LB for the Titans).I was turned down-it was before Tate got hurt last spring. 2 commishes reviewed the offer and thought Tate was the man of the future.
Love those...I offered Arian foster 26 times last offseason. I was pitching him as a top 20 RB. Got shot down all over the place. Now all those offers look like steals had anyone accepted. I'm glad I play in a league where guys go out of their way to protect me from myself. :)
That would probably make for another interesting thread. An offer you sent in the past that you are now happy wasnt accepted.

'Go deep said:
'cr8f said:
That would probably make for another interesting thread. An offer you sent in the past that you are now happy wasnt accepted.
Sticking with the Arian Foster/"save myself from myself" offers:I offered Foster to the Steve Slaton owner last year in exchange for Lex Hilliard (I had Ronnie/Ricky). The catch was that I wanted him to throw in a 2nd round rookie pick, and he felt that I should throw in the 2nd round pick. He contended that Hilliard would end the season with more points than Foster, who he felt would not make the final roster. After some back and forth banter, we wound up unable to come to terms, but instead betting $50 on which one would have more fantasy points on the season.Everyone knows what Foster did. Hilliard had 0 yards on the season despite being healthy all year. :P

I doubt this will be a deal I'm sorry I rejected, but last week someone offered me Michael Turner for Matt Forte and Jamaal Charles in a 12 team PPR dynasty league (with salaries, where Forte was $5/year, Charles $1/year, and Turner $26/year)

:eek:

This is my 15th year in dynasty and I think is 1 of my worst and I just received the offer today.

Orlando proposed a trade with Charlotte:

Orlando will give

Turner, Michael ATL RB

To Charlotte for

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

This is my 15th year in dynasty and I think is 1 of my worst and I just received the offer today.Orlando proposed a trade with Charlotte: Orlando will giveTurner, Michael ATL RB To Charlotte forLynch, Marshawn SEA RBBryant, Dez DAL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte
Which one are you?

Sticking with the Arian Foster/"save myself from myself" offers:I offered Foster to the Steve Slaton owner last year in exchange for Lex Hilliard (I had Ronnie/Ricky). The catch was that I wanted him to throw in a 2nd round rookie pick, and he felt that I should throw in the 2nd round pick. He contended that Hilliard would end the season with more points than Foster, who he felt would not make the final roster. After some back and forth banter, we wound up unable to come to terms, but instead betting $50 on which one would have more fantasy points on the season.Everyone knows what Foster did. Hilliard had 0 yards on the season despite being healthy all year. :P
That's the best yet I think. Too bad it wasn't a $1 a point difference in final stats.

This is my 15th year in dynasty and I think is 1 of my worst and I just received the offer today.Orlando proposed a trade with Charlotte: Orlando will giveTurner, Michael ATL RB To Charlotte forLynch, Marshawn SEA RBBryant, Dez DAL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte
Which one are you?
You need help

Which one are you?
You need help
Youre allowed to trade 2014 picks? Thats crazier than the offer.

Which one are you?
You need help
Sorry didnt read the whole thing just the trade offer

Which one are you?
You need help
Can someone enlighten me? I understand how and why this (and others) are so bad. Why are they even being offered? Is the "offerer" counting on the recipient being drunk enough to actually hit the wrong button?

Which one are you?
You need help
Can someone enlighten me? I understand how and why this (and others) are so bad. Why are they even being offered? Is the "offerer" counting on the recipient being drunk enough to actually hit the wrong button?
In my experience trades like this are usually offered when you send what another team considers a bad offer. Then they send one like this that is totally lopsided as a way of saying your offer was not only bad, but insulting.

Beat this:

In my 12-team IDP Dynasty last week, I possessed the 5th pick in round 5. I planned to take Bruce Carter and taxi squad him for the season. Sadly, he went 5.04. I approached the guy about a deal for Carter involving the 5.05 and some more picks. Easy negotiations you would think right? Here is his response to my Carter request:

Bruce Carter/6.09/8.04

for...wait for it...

Jamaal Charles/7.05

UNREAL!

1.12 for Chris JohnsonGuy said cj's 2010 season was 30% less then his 2009 season and that decline should continue only leaving him 1-2 more years of being playable.Gotta give the guy credit for that reasoning.
I would then ask the other owner why he would want a player whose production is diminishing so quickly. :D
Obviously he feels sorry for our friend and wants him to remain competitive in the league, so he's willing to give him a first round pick practically free!! Also, he has this used car...

"Clueless" proposed a trade with dexterdew

"Clueless" will give

Freeman, Josh TBB QB

Newton, Cam CAR QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Gates, Edmond MIA WR

Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR

To

dexterdew for

Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

The response was something like "adding more players does not make it better, and I don't have 3 players I want to drop"

Not sure why I didn't offer a fifth rounder and 5 non-starters for his 1st and 3rd round pick

"Clueless" proposed a trade with dexterdew

"Clueless" will give

Freeman, Josh TBB QB

Newton, Cam CAR QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Gates, Edmond MIA WR

Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR

To

dexterdew for

Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

The response was something like "adding more players does not make it better, and I don't have 3 players I want to drop" Not sure why I didn't offer a fifth rounder and 5 non-starters for his 1st and 3rd round pick
That is a problem I have with many offers I receive. My rosters simply don't have more than one or two players I can cut (usually one that I keep available for waiver wire prospects) and if I am offered 3+ extra players I am faced with cutting some of my developmental projects (which I am loathe to do). For some reason, many owners have this quanitity over quality approach and don't take into consideration that adding several additional players for the other owner is not viable.

Which one are you?
You need help
In my experience trades like this are usually offered when you send what another team considers a bad offer. Then they send one like this that is totally lopsided as a way of saying your offer was not only bad, but insulting.
Not in this case this is what the guy really thinks he is worth I never made an offer for Turner.

Last year after I drafted Jahvid Best with the 1.3 pick, the Kevin Smith owner offered him to me for my 2010 1.5 pick, 2011 first rounder and 2012 first rounder. He acted shocked when I rejected it.

I got all this beat. A couple days ago, I offered got offered Barber and the 1.09 for.... Vjax, Foster....... and the 3.06. Because, you know, he'd be giving up too much value if I was giving him just Vjax and foster alone. Hitting "reject" was not a strong enough option. I wish there was a "punch in the crotch" option.

12 team PPR:

Shortly after our 2010 startup auction in which I purposely overpaid for Finley (so, clearly, I REALLY like him):

Pick 2.09, Celek, Brent PHI TE (in auction Celek went for $18, 2.09 went for $1)

for Finley, Jermichael GBP TE (auction went for $42)

In August 2010:

Butler, Deon SEA WR;Camarillo, Greg MIN WR;Driver, Donald GBP WR;Hartley, Garrett NOS PK

for Norwood, Jerious ATL RB;Johnson, Calvin DET WR;Nelson, Jordy GBP WR;Prater, Matt DEN PK

Basically Driver for Calvin at the time. Thanks, but no thanks. (Calvin went for $87, Driver went for $6)

Middle of the season:

Moore, Matt CAR QB;Williams, Roy DAL WR

for Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Also middle of the season, though Brady at least made sense because my QB, Romo, had gone down:

Brady, Tom NEP QB;Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB;Driver, Donald GBP WR; Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick

for Hall, Max ARI QB;Charles, Jamaal KCC RB;Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Which one are you?
You need help
IME, it's most likely that the owner is throwing a feeler and doesn't want to make the first fair offer, worrying that he'll take less than possible.

I give 1st rounderI get. nothingI was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
Was this guy's team the Wyoming Cowboys? Had a guy in a league few years back who did this to multiple owners.
you guys are too sensitive. the guy just wants you to make the first offer.
No, it wasn't like that. The guy wasn't a good owner. His team never won more than 2 games. We only started 1 QB, and this guy rostered anywhere from 8-12 of them with possibly 2 who were starters. He had a history of making horrible offers. You don't know what you're talking about.

I give 1st rounder

I get. nothing

I was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
Was this guy's team the Wyoming Cowboys? Had a guy in a league few years back who did this to multiple owners.
No, it wasn't like that. The guy wasn't a good owner. His team never won more than 2 games. We only started 1 QB, and this guy rostered anywhere from 8-12 of them with possibly 2 who were starters. He had a history of making horrible offers. You don't know what you're talking about.
okay, maybe this guy sucks. still, most of the owners I've been in leagues with who send things like that are simply looking to initiate a conversation and either don't know what you want or are afraid to initiate with a fair offer.

I give 1st rounder

I get. nothing

I was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
okay, maybe this guy sucks. still, most of the owners I've been in leagues with who send things like that are simply looking to initiate a conversation and either don't know what you want or are afraid to initiate with a fair offer.
One time at MFL I offered the same player in multiple trades, one person accepted & one of trades didn't auto-delete leaving a trade that I was giving up nothing.

I give 1st rounderI get. nothingI was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
I would have petitioned for that guy to be out of the league long ago, then. That kind of crap really unbalances a league, and makes it less fun. A 2/3 vote should have been able to do it, in this extreme circumstance.

not the worst....but most recent: * Karen's Nightmare will give Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR * To Velvet Elvis for Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis
Which side is the bad one?

'SproutDaddy said:
confirmed

I think we have a new contender.....I was offered Ryan Torain, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and $600 BB dollars (out of $1000 total) in exchange for Hakeem Nicks.
Obviously, not an offer you would be too inclined to accept. However, given team needs and value of waivers its not a horribly unfair offer.

Dude in my league does this all the time for the same reason - usually ask what the price is. Calls himself Sigmund Bloom.

Users who are viewing this thread