What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

Not blatantly terrible but Hopkins is probably not worth 1.05 alone.
i own 1.05 in a ppr and wouldn't trade it for hopkins.
Which is exactly what my response was.
That's not a bad offer at all. Frankly I think most would say Hopkins>1.3-1.5. His ADP is close to a full round ahead of Gurley on DLF.
This time next week, those adp values will reverse. Hopkins isn't worth near 1.03 - 1.05. Not close to it.
You are simply wrong about this being a bad offer, and it doesnt deserve to be anywhere near this thread.

I got offered Joe Flacco for 1.01. Start 1 QB.

His reasoning? "You're not going to get 300+ out of 1.01 this year."
Ha, this is great. I had a guy (like 5 years into the league and he knows I am not an idiot) offer me something like this. I forget the exact players but it was something like Flacco for Jordan Cameron in a TE premium league a couple years ago when Cameron was actually really valuable, with the reasoning of "FLacco will outscore Cameron".

We could have an entire thread on "stupid things other owners say to you in trade negotiations"

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

I would be very happy with DeAndre Hopkins there. I guess the 1.05 gives you second choice in the Parker, Gordon, DGB tier. In April DLF ADP Hopkins was 14 overall, Patterson was 106 overall and the roookie 1.05 was 35 overall (Parker). I'd love to give 35 and 106 for 14. In any case I certainly can't see why you'd think it's a terrible offer unless you still think of Patterson as a dynasty WR2/WR3. Or maybe you think very lowly of Hopkins but his market value is still in the low WR1, high WR2 range, so based on market value it's a generous offer.

Yes, sure, landing spot will impact how the rookies are valued, but the rookies are already being drafted high in ADP mocks so there's not that much to gain.

I was offered this trade back in mid-Feb when Lynch's status was still unsure:

Get: Marshawn Lynch

Give: 1.01, 1.10 and 2.01.

I had to stare at the trade for a good 5 minutes, not because I wasn't sure but just to be 100% certain I wasn't accidentally hitting the accept trade radio button.

Just received this one in a non-PPR:

Team A gives up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB
Ballard, Vick IND RB
Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB
Herron, Dan IND RB
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Inman, Dontrelle SDC WR
Cameron, Jordan MIA TE
Peppers, Julius GBP LB
Year 2015 Draft Pick 5.12
Year 2015 Draft Pick 6.12

Team B gives up:
Manning, Peyton DEN QB
Martin, Doug TBB RB
Floyd, Michael ARI WR
Latimer, Cody DEN WR
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Witten, Jason DAL TE
Richardson, Sheldon NYJ DE
Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from New England Patriots
Comments:
It's a Blockbuster trade - but I see it being a win-win... Thoughts? Counter offer??

(I'm Team B and already have Matt Ryan as my starting QB.)

Just received this one in a non-PPR:

Team A gives up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Ballard, Vick IND RB

Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB

Herron, Dan IND RB

Hurns, Allen JAC WR

Inman, Dontrelle SDC WR

Cameron, Jordan MIA TE

Peppers, Julius GBP LB

Year 2015 Draft Pick 5.12

Year 2015 Draft Pick 6.12

Team B gives up:

Manning, Peyton DEN QB

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Floyd, Michael ARI WR

Latimer, Cody DEN WR

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Richardson, Sheldon NYJ DE

Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from New England Patriots

Comments:

It's a Blockbuster trade - but I see it being a win-win... Thoughts? Counter offer??

(I'm Team B and already have Matt Ryan as my starting QB.)
It would be justice for you to accept this offer for all the poor guys you've hosed in this thread :lol:

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

I'd easily give the 1.05 for Hopkins. Typical overvaluing of draft picks. Hopkins is a proven commodity. Who would be at 1.05 that you'd rather roster?

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

I would give that for Hopkins.
Me too, and it would be an easy decision to make.
Agreed, absent one of the projected mid-first guys getting a jackpot landing spot (your RB3-4 getting drafted in the 2nd and landing in Dallas, for example), I'd prefer Hopkins over the 1.5. I don't think this is a laughable trade offer at all, it just doesn't belong in a thread about insulting offers.

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

Agreed, absent one of the projected mid-first guys getting a jackpot landing spot (your RB3-4 getting drafted in the 2nd and landing in Dallas, for example), I'd prefer Hopkins over the 1.5. I don't think this is a laughable trade offer at all, it just doesn't belong in a thread about insulting offers.
Well, if it was just for the 1.05 I wouldn't have posted it. I'd prefer the 1.05 but it's close. Adding Patterson in makes it not close. I'll take Parker/Patterson over Hopkins easily.

Well, if it was just for the 1.05 I wouldn't have posted it. I'd prefer the 1.05 but it's close. Adding Patterson in makes it not close.I'll take Parker/Patterson over Hopkins easily.
It's not close....................for YOU

This is probably the worst trade offer posted in this thread. I bet it would be close to 50-50 (though likely more like 70-30 in favor of Hopkins).

MOst of the trade offers here would be lucky to have ONE human alive pick the other side.

D. Hopkins

For

1.05 & C. Patterson

Well, if it was just for the 1.05 I wouldn't have posted it. I'd prefer the 1.05 but it's close. Adding Patterson in makes it not close.I'll take Parker/Patterson over Hopkins easily.
In most leagues I think Patterson counts as a throw-in rather than a true asset, and so I barely factored him into this calculation. If the league specified return yards and had deep benches, sure, he definitely has some niche value kind of like Hester back in the day. But otherwise I'm not sure he offers much general trade value. I think if most people got offered pick 20-25 for Patterson they'd tear an ACL running to accept.

LOL I'd take Hopkins in that deal. Regardless, definitely not a bad offer. When I first read it, I was like "yeah, that is a little cheap for Hopkins," can't see how someone could argue the other way.

Wait, you guys rank, say, Devante Parker > Deandre Hopkins? I don't.
Check back Friday after we know his landing spot. Hopkins' situation is severely overblown. He's going to find life not so easy as "the guy".
Funny, he didn't last year.
Cause he wasn't "the guy" last year. That team was Foster and AJ, all the way. Nobody paid any attention to Hopkins and believe me, that will show. He might have "numbers" based on volume because he has no competition now, but he's not going to be as dynamic in doing so. Its not going to be "hey look at me busting 40 yard TDs all the time."

It's amazing to me how much people discount what Andre Johnson's presence meant to that team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnson is a shell of his former self and was not the #1 receiving option on that team. He was 3rd behind Foster and Hopkins.

Give: Mason, Bortles

Get: T.West, Huff, Sanchez
My reply:

[SIZE=11pt]How do you think this helps me? A young starting QB for a backup QB, a worse backup RB who is 3 years older, all for what will be at best the #3 in Philly.[/SIZE]
His reply:

It's a swap of similar players. Bortles was shaky last year. QBs don't have very high value in this league.

West has a better shot to be the feature back than Mason.

Huff was a throw in.

Put up that I will trade Michael Floyd for a RB or pick and get this:

Give: Floyd

Get: T. West, 3.8

Not really close to the worst trade I have been offered but this was is a good one to look back on from last year.

I was offered Delanie Walker, Charles Sims, and Fjax for Russell Wilson the other day.

Not the worst, but pretty bad.

[SIZE=10pt]Does this qualify for this thread?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I get[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Brian Hoyer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Darren Sproles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]DeAnthony Thomas[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Steve Smith[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2015 3rd round rookie pick[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2015 4th round rookie pick[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2015 4th round rookie pick[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Tom Brady[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Melvin Gordon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2016 2nd round rookie pick[/SIZE]

Just got this gem.

I give Jordy and 1.8

I get Cordarrel 3.9, 4.3 and 4.9

I responded with

I give Reggie Wayne, 3.8 and 4.8

I get 1.9 and C.J. Anderson.

love rookie drafts for the insane offers

XXX proposed a trade with Dex:

• XXX will give
    Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.01
    Year 2015 Draft Pick 3.10
    Year 2015 Draft Pick 4.03
  • To Dex for
    Bryant, Dez DAL WR
    Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.03
    Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.09
made some comment that this isn't a start up draft, which would still be awful

This one ranks up there for me.

I get:

Alfred Morris

2016 4th

2017 1st

I Give:

Ameer Abdullah

Breshad Perriman

Eric Kendricks

Ronnie Hillman

16 team IDP PPR.

I got offered Joe Flacco for 1.01. Start 1 QB.

His reasoning? "You're not going to get 300+ out of 1.01 this year."
From the same guy, I've now had the following 5 offers in the last 24 hours (lineup is qrwwwtff)

Jimmy Graham and John Brown for Lamar Miller

Jimmy Graham and John Brown for Andre Ellington and Delanie Walker

Calvin and J Brown for Ingram, 3.08, 3.10

Cooks and J Brown for Ingram, 3.08, 3.10

Evans for Ingram, 3.08, 3.10

I keep telling him these are way off for me. I think this guy thinks I'm really dumb.

I get:

Alfred Morris

2016 4th

2017 1st

I Give:

Ameer Abdullah

Breshad Perriman

Eric Kendricks

Ronnie Hillman

16 team IDP PPR.
This is tilted in his favor, but doesn't belong in the worst category
Ameer/Perriman/Kendricks were all 1st round picks. Don't see Alf and a 1st two years from now in the same realm. I am higher on Ameer than most though I guess.

I get:

Alfred Morris

2016 4th

2017 1st

I Give:

Ameer Abdullah

Breshad Perriman

Eric Kendricks

Ronnie Hillman

16 team IDP PPR.
Ameer/Perriman/Kendricks were all 1st round picks. Don't see Alf and a 1st two years from now in the same realm. I am higher on Ameer than most though I guess.
I didn't expect that with Kendricks. Usually I just assume IDP scoring is way lower and those guys are late round picks.

I get:

Alfred Morris

2016 4th

2017 1st

I Give:

Ameer Abdullah

Breshad Perriman

Eric Kendricks

Ronnie Hillman

16 team IDP PPR.
I didn't expect that with Kendricks. Usually I just assume IDP scoring is way lower and those guys are late round picks.
Scoring is very balanced. Kendricks has gone in my 16 team leagues: 1.14, 1.12, 1.15, 1.14 and in my 12 team leagues: 2.05, 2.03, 2.03, 2.01, 2.01.

I don't bother playing IDP when IDP is an afterthought.

In a 10 team league, Guy just offered 2.10 for Brady. I have Luck and Bortles. No idea why he would think I'm that stupid, I told him to come back with a real offer.

Users who are viewing this thread