What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

12 team ppr super flex with limited devy (12 picks per season)

I give: Luck, Corey Coleman

I get: devalued 2017 first, 2017 second and that owners rights to a devy draft pick next offseason.

Posting this one on behalf of my potential trading partner. Was just an initial feeler offer on my part. He's a Vikings fan and only has Eifert at TE. His comments to my offer and my email back to him below. 

This simply can't possibly be the case. If it is it must be one of the only trade offers you've ever received. A Defense and 2 late picks for a starting TE and a RB3? This comment is out of this world more incredible than my offer.
Sent from my iPhone
On May 29, 2016, at 9:52 AM, Purple Scandinavians <bounces@myfantasyleague.com> wrote:

Quest Bronze Dynasty 83 Trade Offer Rejected

Trade Offer Rejected:
DWs Dastardly Dbags gave up:
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE
Vereen, Shane NYG RB
Raiders, Oakland OAK Def

Purple Scandinavians gave up:
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.08
Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.08

Comments: One of the worst trade offers I have ever received.

This offer I just received ranks up there. 

I give:

Kevin White, Ryan Tannehill, and Arian Foster

I receive:

2.11, 2.12, and 3.11

I was offered McFadden and Donnell for Hyde.

This owner told me they were countering my ridiculous ask where I would give Dez/2017 2 for Hilton, Wilson, 2017 1 and it was their attempt at a balanced and fair counter offer.

I was offered McFadden and Donnell for Hyde.

This owner told me they were countering my ridiculous ask where I would give Dez/2017 2 for Hilton, Wilson, 2017 1 and it was their attempt at a balanced and fair counter offer.
Obviously, the 1st rounder > 2nd rounder.

I prefer Wilson, Hilton to Dez, especially in some scoring formats.

I can see why that offer might get quickly shot down.  However, the deal could make sense depending on team needs.

I asked a new owner about Melvin Gordon and he said no then offered me Melvin for Tannehill and 3 1st Rd picks in 2017. Said he's atleast worth the 3 picks. 

Just got this one.

Ryan Fitzpatrick for the 1.3 rookie pick.   12 team ppr dynasty. Start one QB.

I was looking for a note that said what do you want for the 1.3. But this was actually the offer. 

Took over a team that is kind of in limbo, it has some nice pieces to contend it also has some nice pieces to rebuild. So I put pretty much everyone on the trade block and said I am unsure which direction I am going with this team if you know which way you are going with your team send me an offer and we can work something out.

I received this offer

I give Tevin Coleman, Alshon Jeffery, and Kelvin Benjamin

I receive Johnathan Stewart, Jordy Nelson, and Desean Jackson

I sent a message back and asked how does this help me win or rebuild?

I've never posted in this thread in the past because I never thought an offer was truly awful enough to fit.  This is the first offer I've experienced where I laughed out loud:

Was offered:

Eli Manning $30, 3.11

for

A.Rodgers $42

Justification was:

"Drops your cap$$ and gets you a pretty comparable QB, especially with a new pass crazy head coach, and Cruz coming back."

Start 1QB, $325 cap.  FWIW, I'll have no problem covering Rodgers salary

I asked a new owner about Melvin Gordon and he said no then offered me Melvin for Tannehill and 3 1st Rd picks in 2017. Said he's atleast worth the 3 picks. 
Depending on what those 3 1st round picks turn out to be, Gurley might not be worth more than them.  Gordon?  Yikes!

Took over a team that is kind of in limbo, it has some nice pieces to contend it also has some nice pieces to rebuild. So I put pretty much everyone on the trade block and said I am unsure which direction I am going with this team if you know which way you are going with your team send me an offer and we can work something out.

I received this offer

I give Tevin Coleman, Alshon Jeffery, and Kelvin Benjamin

I receive Johnathan Stewart, Jordy Nelson, and Desean Jackson

I sent a message back and asked how does this help me win or rebuild?
It helps you quit.

This recent offer that may be the worst thing I've ever heard of.  Have an annually contending team, could use another young RB. Have elite talent at WR, A-Rob, Evans, Allen, Thomas, Decker, Floyd.

Another owner has nothing at WR, John Brown is his #1, and that is about it. He has a surplus of young RBs though, but in this league you can only start 3. He has David Johnson, Rawls, Langford, Anderson and Abdullah. So I ask about a back, and say I have WR's to deal.

He answers back, he'd give me Langford and the 16th pick this year, for Allen Robinson, the 7th pick this year, and my next 2 first rounders. 

This recent offer that may be the worst thing I've ever heard of.  Have an annually contending team, could use another young RB. Have elite talent at WR, AR15, Evans, Allen, Thomas, Decker, Floyd.

Another owner has nothing at WR, John Brown is his #1, and that is about it. He has a surplus of young RBs though, but in this league you can only start 3. He has David Johnson, Rawls, Langford, Anderson and Abdullah. So I ask about a back, and say I have WR's to deal.

He answers back, he'd give me Langford and the 16th pick this year, for Allen Robinson, the 7th pick this year, and my next 2 first rounders. 
Fixed.

I just got this gem ...

He gives RG3, J. Howard, J. Strong, M. Sanu, K. Aiken and two 2017 3rds

I give A. Brown 

I just don't know what people are thinking when they are putting these offers together.

I just got this gem ...

He gives RG3, J. Howard, J. Strong, M. Sanu, K. Aiken and two 2017 3rds

I give A. Brown 

I just don't know what people are thinking when they are putting these offers together.
I didn't realize Andre Brown had signed somewhere.

My 3.1 startup pick for his 2017 2 rookie pick. I respondes I think you forgot your 3.3 startup pick and he was like "why's that I offered you my 2017 2 for your 2016 3rd round pick :)  

Yep this is how these guys operate. They have no clue about value and offer both amazing and terrible trades all the time. All you can do is keep peppering them with offers and hope they accept one or two lopsided ones to deplete them of all assets (it will happen regardless of whether you are involved or not) and then hopefully they will leave.

Others may say you should help them, screw that.
I tried being that guy once or twice that, for whatever moral reason, thought it was my duty to educate the person or otherwise "help" them. 

What I got in return is I totally tuned the other person off and they ended up giving the players away to competitors. So, I kind of got into a mode of "If I don't take them, someone else will". 

I really don't know, given the high number of really good FF owners I have encountered over the years how no matter what, I always found myself in leagues where there were always those 1-3 owners that were just clueless and donating. 

I played mostly in dynasty leagues and it seemed that, given enough time, they always ended up with 5-6 really good teams and then everyone else was like 3rd world countries.

So you didn't quit fantasy football? I'm glad to see you still around but you and Sabertooth dominated that thread with how you were quitting and you were both sucked back in it seems. :P
I did quit.  I waffled for a long stretch because I commished a few leagues and was trying to help keep one league intact.  So, I found myself running a team to get it set up on a decent foundation and hopefully make it attractive to an owner coming in. 

I still hang around and love to speculate on the sport but it is amazing to me how different my thoughts are on FF than they were years ago. I used to eat and drink FF and put a ton of time into it and now I hardly blink when I hear Calvin Johnson retires (10 years ago I would have been analyzing the "win" and "loss" of that for weeks, figuring who to target, how that affected the Calvin owner, etc). 

I'm looking forward to the season as to watch and I am definitely talking about it and "helping" other owners who ask for it in the leagues I was part of, but it is night & day from where I was before. 

Not worst offer ever but just stupidity;

In startup I give 6.12 and my 2017 2 for his 7.8. My response, "you want the earlier pick and a future rookie pick? This is not how trading works...".

:wall:

Received this offer today. I keep thinking the guy must have meant to include another player but didn't check the box:

I give:

LeVeon Bell

2017 2nd

I get:

DeAngelo Williams

Other Guy will give
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team R
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team P
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team M
Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team N
Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team S

To ME for
Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Cobb, Randall GBP WR
Gordon, Josh CLE WR
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

Tired of this guy making these offers over and over. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got offered Jimmy Graham for David Johnson AND Josh Gordon in a salary cap league.  And to make it even more ridiculous, Graham's salary is almost 3x Johnson's and Gordon's COMBINED.

Rejected instantly with "Are you ####### kidding me????"

I give A. Abdullah and Tevin Coleman

I receive 2017 3rd, 4th and Rashard Greene

I declined and then he offered the same offer for Kelvin Benjamin.

About 3 days later I traded Benjamin and he quit league. I don't think it was because I traded Benjamin, but because he kept sending out horrible offers and all the other teams in the league were trading and he wasn't apart of it.

14 team PPR Superflex

He offers Mike Nugent, PK Cinci

for my Kirk Cousins.

did I mention the Superflex?  I called him on it suggesting it was possibly a payback offer for a low-ish offer I made him a few months ago and he responds with "what's your problem?".  Then proceeds to tell me he was just trying to get my attention.  Now wants me to make him an offer.  Gonna be a long wait...

White, Kevin CHI WR
Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick

To B for
Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Cobb, Randall GBP WR
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

Hate these trade offers. Maybe you offset White and Cobb but then it's two elite dudes for a handful of 3rd round rookies next year. I wouldn't trade those two for 4 1sts let alone 3rds.

Hate these trade offers. Maybe you offset White and Cobb but then it's two elite dudes for a handful of 3rd round rookies next year. I wouldn't trade those two for 4 1sts let alone 3rds.
I always find that it's good to counter with a more horrible offer. Probably 2017 4th for his best player.  After that, said annoying trader has usually left me alone.

In 12 Team, PPR:  I just rec'd this one, maybe the worst offer ever.

Team A will give

Cousins, Kirk WAS QB
Forsett, Justin BAL RB
Miller, Lamar HOU RB
Hogan, Chris NEP WR
Tye, Will NYG TE

To me for
Luck, Andrew IND QB
Lewis, Dion NEP RB
Smallwood, Wendell PHI RB
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Ertz, Zach PHI TE
Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from German Duck

It's nice touch that I have to include my #1 next year to make this deal happen...because after all, I'm getting Will Tye. 
Remove the #1 & tweak the WRs in it & you win that trade IMO. If that's the worst you ever got, you have not been doing this long lol

Seriously?  Tweak the WRs?

Luck >>>> Cousins (not close, Cousins had a good year and Washington didn't offer him a contract, Luck injured and Indy signs him to big contract)

Ertz >>>>> Tye (do I have to expand on this?)

Alshon > Miller (Alshon #16 adp in Dynasty, Miller is #22 adp in dynasty - Miller is going higher in redraft)

Lewis >>> Forsett (even with Lewis injured nobody makes this trade, Forsett turns 31 in October)

Smallwood > Hogan (Hogan would be WR7 on my team and never start)

Of course I would have to include my 2017 #1 pick for all these downgrades...luckily it would be late!  :-)

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB;Kelley, Rob WAS RB;Michael, Christine SEA RB;Patton, Quinton SFO WR;Smelter, DeAndre SFO WR;Gillmore, Crockett BAL TE

For

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB;Kelley, Rob WAS RB;Michael, Christine SEA RB;Patton, Quinton SFO WR;Smelter, DeAndre SFO WR;Gillmore, Crockett BAL TE

For

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR
Yeah, I hate those offers - 4 droppable players, a midlevel QB and a back-from-dead RB for a young stud.  I think if you put enough crappy players into these Trade Calculators they add up to a decent player which is dumb even if you had roster room. 

Brandon Coleman/2017 first for mike Evans. Then justin hardy/Coleman/2017 1st for Evans and 2017 2nd. You know, because when I declined the first one I was holding out to throw in a 2nd.

Not an actual offer, but last week I received a PM wanting to know if I was interested in dealing Wentz for Forsett.

I'd forgotten about it because beer, but I saw it my pm history just a little while ago. :lol:

PPR league (Zealots Field)

I'm the Patriots (not that it matters).  And the 1st round rookie pick I would get would likely be at the end of the 1st round as I'm leading the league with the best record and most points so far.  Mind-bogglingly bad offer.

PPR league (Zealots Field)

I'm the Patriots (not that it matters).  And the 1st round rookie pick I would get would likely be at the end of the 1st round as I'm leading the league with the best record and most points so far.  Mind-bogglingly bad offer.
But if you accept the offer, the first will be much earlier. Did you consider that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed a guy to inquire about Stefon Diggs (after week 2 when he had finished he second good game), and he promptly replied that he would accept nothing less than Antonio Brown or OBJ PLUS OTHER PIECES. He said, "This is Diggs' league now. Brown's best days are behind him and OBJ was a flash in the pan. Diggs is now the best WR in the NFL."

Needless to say, we didn't get anything done. 

Users who are viewing this thread