What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

All sorts of crap offers flowing in recently. Rivers for Ware and Eli is the latest. I told him I thought we usually were on the same wave length on value but paying a RB1 to move up from Eli to Rivers must be some sort of joke. His response Oops I didn't mean to include Eli. ????

I was offered Julius Thomas, Allen Hurns, and a 3rd round pick for Gronk. Thomas and Hurns would only have a chance of starting for me when the starters at their positions are on bye weeks (and Hurns might not even start then). League rules require that picks must be traded in equal numbers (1 pick for 1 pick, 2 picks for 2 picks, etc.). Since I have 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for next year, I'd have to give up one of those to accept the 3rd round pick. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we had a bad trade offer thread rather than the worst, because this wasn't the worst ever, but it is pretty bad.

PPR league:

I give:

Jordan Howard

I get:

Chris Ivory

Sammie Coates

Jeremy Maclin.

Got this one earlier:

McKinnon, 1.7 & 3.4

for

Ajayi & the 1.1

then the same owner sent this one:

S. Diggs & the 1.7

for

Hopkins and the 1.1

The worst offers are the terrible value offers but close enough in value that maybe three idiots in the world might accept that come along with an explanation of why you should accept it and why they hope you reject it.

Which side is bad?  I  prefer Cooper but that's a decent collection of picks in a good draft.  
That is a TON of picks, so I was assuming he was the one getting Cooper.  That said, the picks are also a ton of roster space, and on a very strong team I might prefer Cooper to even that many spins of the rookie roulette wheel.

Cooper for Dalvin, Kamara, Henderson, Howard, one of the QBs and whoever at 21 would be a fast track to a complete rebuild for a dynasty team though...hard to turn down if not in contention already.

Some off the top of my head from last few days.

FFPC league, TE Premium for those that don't know, 2.10 for Hunter Henry. Which on the surface is bad enough but I drafted Henry kind of high last year, pick 1.7, so knowing the context what would have made someone think that after spending 1.7 on Henry and I think it  was universally agreed he looked good  that now it would be a good time to deal him for a late second? Like I'm in the business of spending high picks on rookies in hopes they break out so I can sale for less than I paid?

These type of offers to me are the worst. Like I remember two years go trading a mid 5th round pick in a startup for someones future first and second. A team OTC in round 8 proceeded to offer me their pick for my that future first and second. Why would someone think I gave up a 5th to buy an 8th? These kind of offers probably upset me more than just off the wall terrible offers, but maybe I give the other owners to much credit for paying attention. In this case the owner said he was paying attention but I had made such terrible trade earlier he was giving me a chance to save face. 

I've truly had offers so bad for some players that if I  found out they tore both ACL's while being caught on video beating up their domestic partner it would still be an easy no.

That is a TON of picks, so I was assuming he was the one getting Cooper.  That said, the picks are also a ton of roster space, and on a very strong team I might prefer Cooper to even that many spins of the rookie roulette wheel.

Cooper for Dalvin, Kamara, Henderson, Howard, one of the QBs and whoever at 21 would be a fast track to a complete rebuild for a dynasty team though...hard to turn down if not in contention already.
Large rosters in this league.

Picks pretty easy here.  No player is worth that. 

You can pretty easily trade pick 2 back for two 1sts, and trade picks 14/21 up for a later first................that is SIX firsts.............for a WR who has never even had a great year.

I like Cooper a lot but..................cmon

I'm thinking of sending out some stinkers this evening after st Patrick greased the wheels. But even then, it won't come close to some of these offers. Just maybe skewed a little more in my favor than I'd usually ask.

jeaton6 said:
Can anyone compete with this turd?

i give Julio and 1.1 I get Demarco, 1.12, 3.9
And this offer was from the same guy who as a contender last year chose to sell Evans week 7 for 3 firsts that looked like playoff teams. They ended up 1.9/1.11/1.12. Lol

I have definitely noticed that a lot of the owners that make these atrocious offers also make a lot of actual deals that are atrocious for THEM.

jeaton6 said:
Can anyone compete with this turd?

i give Julio and 1.1 I get Demarco, 1.12, 3.9
Earlier this offseason, I was offered his Flacco, Ingram, and Enunwa for my Mariota, LeVeon, and Hilton. He claimed that Enunwa would have a "blow out" year, Flacco and Mariota are even, and that LeVeon is old. So I countered with Mariota, Bilal Powell, and Treadwell for Rodgers, Jordan Howards, and Davante Adams. He said, "Come on? I'm trying to be reasonable." That was the end of that. 

I have definitely noticed that a lot of the owners that make these atrocious offers also make a lot of actual deals that are atrocious for THEM.
I totally agree with this and it is why I never get mad at them or type nasty comments to them. It seems like they out think themselves at least once a season and send you an easy accept and all it took was rejecting the other 20 bad offers they made with a simple "No thanks" in the trade comment.

Guy in my 12 team 1 ppr, start 2 QB, IDP dynasty offered me:

I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks. 

I give: David Johnson, OBJ, Andrew Luck, Kwon Alexander, 2017 1.1, 1.8 and a 2018 1st and 2nd round pick.

I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks. 

I give: David Johnson, OBJ, Andrew Luck, Kwon Alexander, 2017 1.1, 1.8 and a 2018 1st and 2nd round pick.
Love me some TJ Yeldon...

thatguy said:

What are you waiting for.

thatguy said:

Tell him all that wouldn't get David Johnson alone yet all those other guys.  That is brutal.

thatguy said:

You know in his head he was:

yeldon= dj

arob= obj

mariota= luck

abdullah's worth more than kwon so im gonna need a bunch of 1sts

thatguy said:

That's one of the worst we've seen in this thread

thatguy said:

My team, not so good. But you're in great shape. Wanna trade?

You know in his head he was:

yeldon= dj

arob= obj

mariota= luck

abdullah's worth more than kwon so im gonna need a bunch of 1sts
Lol, I laugh, but that's probably pretty damn close to his actual justification of the offer. And that's saying nothing of how enticing he imagined all those 3rd round picks would look to me. 6 little cherries on top to make the offer irresistible. 

My team, not so good. But you're in great shape. Wanna trade?
The sad thing is his team was good at one point but he traded Julio and Le'Veon away a couple years ago for a bundle of draft picks that didn't pan out. Since then he's made several other smaller bad trades. Guy just sucks at trading but can't seem to stop. 

Last edited by a moderator:
thatguy said:

I might be the biggest Mariota fan here but yeah, :loco:

Lol, I laugh, but that's probably pretty damn close to his actual justification of the offer. And that's saying nothing of how enticing he imagined all those 3rd round picks would look to me. 6 little cherries on top to make the offer irresistible. 
He was probably pumped, got all those 3rds to work with....

Not the worst by a long shot but the dialogue cracks my #### up:

12 Team PPR, just finished dispersal he and I were both in it.

I was offered James White and 1.6 (Dispersal picks 3.3 and 16.2) for Doctson and 1.3 (Dispersal picks 3.1 and 4.4)

My response:  How does this help me?

His response:  So you don't think the difference between the 1.03 and the 1.06 is worth the difference between James White and Josh Doctson In a PPR?  Fine.  I thought I had more risk but more upside...but not an unfair trade.

My response:  No. If I did I'd have drafted him before Doctson. As a matter of fact I don't think anyone would value James White remotely near Doctson. James White + 1.6 is about where many would probably come out as relatively fair value. 

Lmao. Some people. Do they really think some owners are that stupid or are they that clueless?

In a start 1 QB, 16-team league, just got offered

His Ben Roethlisberger

for

My 1.02

FWIW, shot it down with no counter or comment and he immediately fires back his 2018 1st, 2nd, 3rd (likely early to mid) for it.  

Not the worst by a long shot but the dialogue cracks my #### up:

12 Team PPR, just finished dispersal he and I were both in it.

I was offered James White and 1.6 (Dispersal picks 3.3 and 16.2) for Doctson and 1.3 (Dispersal picks 3.1 and 4.4)

My response:  How does this help me?

His response:  So you don't think the difference between the 1.03 and the 1.06 is worth the difference between James White and Josh Doctson In a PPR?  Fine.  I thought I had more risk but more upside...but not an unfair trade.

My response:  No. If I did I'd have drafted him before Doctson. As a matter of fact I don't think anyone would value James White remotely near Doctson. James White + 1.6 is about where many would probably come out as relatively fair value. 

Lmao. Some people. Do they really think some owners are that stupid or are they that clueless?
This isn't terrible but same kind of idea- I moved up from 1.07 to 1.03, moved the 2.01 and a couple other pieces in the process. Guy offered 1.10/1.12 for 1.03/3.03. I replied that I gave up x to get to 1.03 so I'll probably pick there. He says "ok, didn't realize what you gave up", end of story. Yesterday he sends me the same offer.....

Im guessing he's in a bunch of leagues and simply forgot, or he didn't like my offer of 2.03/2.12 for 1.10/3.12 and sent that as a reply or something. 

This is the worst dynasty exchange that didn't happen...WTF is wrong with people?

In a non-ppr Zealots league with return yards, a week and a half ago the guy submitted this offer (I'm Arizona).:

Minnesota Vikings offers

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.02;

Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.02

Arizona Cardinals for

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.05;

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.09;

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.05

After a few discussions he says he's interested in Tyreek Hill so today I offer 

Arizona Cardinals offer

Tyreek Hill

Minnesota Vikings for

His response was, "I don't see that as a starting point." What an epic waste of time. :hot:

My only assumption can be that he really wants a rookie RB and doesn't see a huge gap in the top 4 or 5 but must see a big drop off after that?

My only assumption can be that he really wants a rookie RB and doesn't see a huge gap in the top 4 or 5 but must see a big drop off after that?
That'd be okay but he specifically sent me a message asking about him dropping to the 1.09 and referenced my Tyreek Hill trade bait. It's like he forgot what he wrote when he initiated the conversation. 

That'd be okay but he specifically sent me a message asking about him dropping to the 1.09 and referenced my Tyreek Hill trade bait. It's like he forgot what he wrote when he initiated the conversation. 
Gotta try and keep responses in the same text/email chain.  People in my league forget trades 15 minutes after offering them sometimes.

I got this one the other day.

I give 1.2, 1.4

I receive Lamar Miller, Aflred Blue and Ted Ginn

Funny part is normally I would just say no thanks and move on. This team of mine is a full rebuild and I have made it known, so Miller does me no good, but this owner last year sent me a horrible email last year after I offered Doug Baldwin for C.J. Anderson right before the season started. I was called many names, I thought it was a fair offer, especially for a guy that had Bell, Zeke and Miller already on his squad, had Landry as his only decent receiver, and had just traded away his 2017 1st and more to get Zeke. After his email I told him to get lost and he never had to worry about an offer from me again if this is the reaction I would receive, and I expected not to receive any from him. Anyways to cut this short before I ramble too much, I just said LOL in the comments section.

Not a formal offer, but a guy inquired before our rookie lottery if I'd trade my first pick (seeded at 1.02, worst would have been 1.05) for Martavis Bryant. I politely declined.

My 1.11 startup for his 1.12 rookie lmao.

He kept firing away to others and someone accepted his 1.12/2.12 Rookie for 2.11 startup. Truly awful.

just got an offer in a 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX  league.  I give up the 1.01 for Russell Wilson.

Where do these people come from?  How do you not just put them straight on ignore. 

This is the problem with dynasty leagues where you don't know the people.  if I friend made the offer, I would ridicule them to the end of time.

I give 2017 startup pick 3.10
I get 2018 1st Round pick

This one isn't particularly bad but it is fresh off the presses

I give Meredith, Cameron (WR), CHI 

I get 4.10 & 5.10 1017 rookie picks

msudaisy26 said:
That first offer isn't that bad. 
yes it is.  A random future 1st is maybe worth a 6th round startup.  At 3.10 you are going to get a pretty darn good player, for what, a random future rookie?  Not to mention pick 3.10 is going to make the other team a lot better, which makes the future 1st even worse.

yes it is.  A random future 1st is maybe worth a 6th round startup.  At 3.10 you are going to get a pretty darn good player, for what, a random future rookie?  Not to mention pick 3.10 is going to make the other team a lot better, which makes the future 1st even worse.
No it isn't, usually random 1sts go for guys like DeMarco, Tate, and Ingram. those guys are going in the late 4th to early 5th. It is light, but not horrible. 

Caesar said:
just got an offer in a 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX  league.  I give up the 1.01 for Russell Wilson.

Where do these people come from?  How do you not just put them straight on ignore. 

This is the problem with dynasty leagues where you don't know the people.  if I friend made the offer, I would ridicule them to the end of time.
No reason not to ridicule this person til the end of time either.

No it isn't, usually random 1sts go for guys like DeMarco, Tate, and Ingram. those guys are going in the late 4th to early 5th. It is light, but not horrible. 
Agreed it's not THAT bad. Though in a startup usually you can flip a late 3 for a 5 or 6 AND a future 1st. So it is giving up a pretty good amount of value like trading Kelce for a random future first instead of Kelce for Anderson/Doctson/Wilson and a random future 1st. But I've seen tons of trades like this go down in startups before. I'm over it. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread