Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

5 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

No it isn't, usually random 1sts go for guys like DeMarco, Tate, and Ingram. those guys are going in the late 4th to early 5th. It is light, but not horrible. 

I have a hard time believing those guys are 4th or 5th round startup guys right now, or that people are giving 1st rounders for them. 

It would be beyond easy to jump at getting pick 34 in a startup for my future 1st.  Talk about having an advantage over the field right from the start.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty

Guy in my 12 team 1 ppr, start 2 QB, IDP dynasty offered me: I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks.  I gi

This doesn't even crack the top 10 of worst trades I have been offered.  I am not saying I would take it but if you believe Carson is an injury prone RB2 that can't stay on the field, A-Rob is a WR2/3

20 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I have a hard time believing those guys are 4th or 5th round startup guys right now, or that people are giving 1st rounders for them. 

It would be beyond easy to jump at getting pick 34 in a startup for my future 1st.  Talk about having an advantage over the field right from the start.

Agreed I'm in 1 right now and at 34 you could've gotten Kelce Reed Baldwin Hyde Henry Henry Coleman Coleman eifert (all QBs but Rodgers) etc. 

I agree at 34, but 12 to 18 picks later it is pretty fair value. So I wouldn't take the trade, but it doesn't deserve to be in this thread. 

Edited by msudaisy26
5 hours ago, Caesar said:

just got an offer in a 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX  league.  I give up the 1.01 for Russell Wilson.

Where do these people come from?  How do you not just put them straight on ignore. 

This is the problem with dynasty leagues where you don't know the people.  if I friend made the offer, I would ridicule them to the end of time.

reply with: did you have a typo and actually mean 10.01?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

No reason not to ridicule this person til the end of time either.

I simply replied with "you should stop smoking crack.  Its not good for you."

Team A will give
Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB
Cook, Connor OAK QB
Siemian, Trevor DEN QB

ToTeam B for
Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR
Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Not the worst ever, but :shrug: ... not a 2-QB league or anything.  Don't own Carr or Lynch or Bradford nor do I really need QB.  Dude just dumping his trash hoping for a payday.  Brand new to the league (took over an orphaned squad).  Guess I'm just getting tested. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Team A will give
Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB
Cook, Connor OAK QB
Siemian, Trevor DEN QB

ToTeam B for
Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR
Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Not the worst ever, but :shrug: ... not a 2-QB league or anything.  Don't own Carr or Lynch or Bradford nor do I really need QB.  Dude just dumping his trash hoping for a payday.  Brand new to the league (took over an orphaned squad).  Guess I'm just getting tested. :lol: 

he offered you negative value for a future 1st. 

I'll allow it :banned:

12 team ppr, start q,r,r,w,w,t,f,f,k,d

Offered:

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB; White, James NEP RB; Nelson, Jordy GB WR; Witten, Jason TE DAL

For My:

Gurley, Todd LAR RB; Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR; Evans, Mike TB WR; Year 2017 Draft Pick, 1.11

More irritated than anything - I responded "Why would I want to do that? I wouldn't give you Mike Evans for those 4 players"  :angry:

On 5/5/2017 at 4:35 PM, msudaisy26 said:

No it isn't, usually random 1sts go for guys like DeMarco, Tate, and Ingram. those guys are going in the late 4th to early 5th. It is light, but not horrible. 

I'm a pretty strong contender in my main league and I'm not giving my 1st for those 3 guys.  Let alone a random one in a new league (where presumably the teams are close to equal right now)

On 5/5/2017 at 0:25 PM, FF_WMD said:

I give 2017 startup pick 3.10
I get 2018 1st Round pick

This one isn't particularly bad but it is fresh off the presses

I give Meredith, Cameron (WR), CHI 

I get 4.10 & 5.10 1017 rookie picks

Those 1017 rookie picks are gold! ;)

• Like 1

Zealots Field; non-PPR

I would get

Mike Glennon

Damien Williams

2018 2nd

I would give:

Dak Prescott

Jesse James

5.09/6.09

2018 4th, 5th and 6th round picks

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this slice of heaven

I give Dez Bryant, Gronk,  4.11 (which can be used on a devy player, most the top ones are gone, but still a nice pick) and 2018 4th

I get Josh Gordon, Desean Jackson, Zach Miller, and his 2018 1st, 2nd,3rd and he is a contender.

edit te get 1.25 per rec

Edited by msudaisy26
On 5/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, wildabeast49 said:

12 team superflex, limited devy

I receive: Dalton, Goff, L Miller, Prosise, Yeldon, Diggs, Juju, hunter Henry

I give: Rivers, Guice, Cook, Zeke, Fournette, Olsen, 1.1 (mixon), Corey Coleman

This sounds like a pissed off offer from an offer received earlier.

• Like 3
On 5/20/2017 at 7:14 PM, wildabeast49 said:

I wouldn't give Guice, Cook, Zeke, Fournette or Mixon for ALL of the players he offered.

12 Team PPR / TD passes = 4 points, no other details needed.

I get: Eli Manning / Adrian Peterson / Danny Woodhead

I give: Dak Prescott / Doug Martin / Charles Sims 

:no:   :banned:

3 hours ago, drunken slob said:

12 Team PPR / TD passes = 4 points, no other details needed.

I get: Eli Manning / Adrian Peterson / Danny Woodhead

I give: Dak Prescott / Doug Martin / Charles Sims 

:no:   :banned:

Dak side

• Like 1

12 team PPR - Just got this Beaut!

I get: 

Jordy Nelson, LeSean McCoy, Darren Sproles, Ted Ginn Jr

I only have to give:

Todd Gurley, Sammie Watkins, Devante Parker, Quincy Enunwa, AND 2017 rookie pick 1.11

Wow, just wow! 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:14 PM, wildabeast49 said:

Who offers 8 player trades and expects them to go through?

10 hours ago, spider321 said:

Some of these "worst trade offers ever" are not all that bad.

You can do better, guys.

This thread has turned into let's ##### about some offers that are not so great.

Surely most posted are bad, but not as insultingly bad as the poster seems to think. I get bad offers all the time - it's the nature of the beast.

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

The trades in the actual trade thread are worse than a lot of what is posted here.  

Maybe that tells us that people in the "actual trades" thread have varying definitions of "actual."

• Like 1

Was recently offered:

Demarco Murray, Jack Doyle, Enunwa and a 19 first rounder

for my:

OBJ, Marty B, 18 second rounder

This was received after I expressed interest in Enunwa and also a minor deal revolving around a Marty B for Doyle swap and was prefaced by the owner saying he was going to send me a "YOLO" offer for OBJ. I responded saying for me to consider trading OBJ, he'd need to include Gurley or Cooks as a starting point, probably both. He said that was too much since Cooks is a good chance of overtaking OBJ this year.......OK cool.

Maybe not the worst ever but I thought it was pretty terrible - and this is from a guy who apparently really wants OBJ. I think he's just one of those waste of time guys who won't do a trade unless he's robbing you blind. Seems like a lot of people approach trading like that unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I offered someone Hopkins for his Crabtree and 3 2018 1's.

His response? Crap offer that I sent him of 3 2018 1s and a comparable scoring vet. His counter is Bortles for my Hopkins, 3 2018 1's, 3 2019 1's. 

I'm like wtf. His response is he had told me to stop sending him #### offers and that he will send me equally crap offers until I send him something fair. Lmao.

Dude is on the DNT list for now on.

Edited by jeaton6
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Not the worst but I just got offered 3.5 for Doug Baldwin. It felt kind of similar to being spit in the face. Can't tell if he was just trying to fleece me or if he is really that dumb. 

I countered with my 3.7 for Davante Adams. He said Adams isn't on his block.

27 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

His response? Crap offer that I sent him of 3 2018 1s and a comparable scoring vet. His counter is Bortles for my Hopkins, 3 2018 1's, 3 2019 1's. 

I'm like wtf. His response is he had told me to stop sending him #### offers and that he will send me equally crap offers until I send him something fair. Lmao.

Perhaps you're over-valuing Hopkins.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Perhaps you're over-valuing Hopkins.

Depending what those 2018 1sts look like, I can see taking the Hopkins side.

The other guy appears to be acting like he is trying to win an award for biggest idiotic overreaction to fairly close to fair market trade that he simply does not like. 

Three LATE 1sts and Crabs for Hopkins is not remotely close to a "bad" offer.  If he doesnt like it fine, but the overreaction seemed sorta silly.

15 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Depending what those 2018 1sts look like, I can see taking the Hopkins side.

The other guy appears to be acting like he is trying to win an award for biggest idiotic overreaction to fairly close to fair market trade that he simply does not like. 

Three LATE 1sts and Crabs for Hopkins is not remotely close to a "bad" offer.  If he doesnt like it fine, but the overreaction seemed sorta silly.

I'd agree about the reaction and it was partially tongue-in-cheek but when you throw in the not too shabby Crabtree as well, it's obviously too rich of an ask.

2 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

I'm on the other guys side- your offer was terrible

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'd agree about the reaction and it was partially tongue-in-cheek but when you throw in the not too shabby Crabtree as well, it's obviously too rich of an ask.

I viewed it as 100% TIC knowing our recent Hopkins discussion :)

2 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

You must not like Hopkins. Or expect people to come  to table with their best offer right off the bat?

You're offer was insulting, and I like Hopkins.

...but it is late on a Saturday night, so maybe you're just drunk right now.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, spider321 said:

You're offer was insulting, and I like Hopkins.

...but it is late on a Saturday night, so maybe you're just drunk right now.

Nope I'm not. It's the afternoon where I live. But you must be. Because you're using words like insulting which when talking about fantasy football is reserved for thin skinned individuals or drunks. Get some rest!

9 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

You must not like Hopkins. Or expect people to come  to table with their best offer right off the bat?

If an offer is so far afield it makes it seem like negotiation won't be worth the time.

In a non-ppr IDP league a guy put up Terrell Pryor for trade. I offered a second. He counted with a second AND Kwon Alexander - the #2 scoring IDP player in the league last year. That negotiation was going nowhere...And so was yours with Hopkins because you were asking for three firsts AND a guy that out scored Hopkins last year.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If an offer is so far afield it makes it seem like negotiation won't be worth the time.

In a non-ppr IDP league a guy put up Terrell Pryor for trade. I offered a second. He counted with a second AND Kwon Alexander - the #2 scoring IDP player in the league last year. That negotiation was going nowhere...And so was yours with Hopkins because you were asking for three firsts AND a guy that out scored Hopkins last year.

Last year shmast year. If you add too much weight to the prior year to value players you're doing it wrong. Hopkins was a top 3 WR in 2015 and was top 10 in 2014. Hopkins is almost 5 years younger than Crabtree. Most would value him in the late first/early 2nd. 3 future 1's and a present early 2 shouldn't be a negotiation show stopper. Again, given your perspective on Hopkins I understand this but if you picked someone else in that value range would you think differently? Michael Thomas? AJ Green? 

10 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Last year shmast year. If you add too much weight to the prior year to value players you're doing it wrong. Hopkins was a top 3 WR in 2015 and was top 10 in 2014. Hopkins is almost 5 years younger than Crabtree. Most would value him in the late first/early 2nd. 3 future 1's and a present early 2 shouldn't be a negotiation show stopper. Again, given your perspective on Hopkins I understand this but if you picked someone else in that value range would you think differently? Michael Thomas? AJ Green? 

Adding too much weight to the prior year is doing it wrong. It's much better to go back two or three years.

You like Hopkins. That's fine. You like him so much you should probably plan on keeping him.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Adding too much weight to the prior year is doing it wrong. It's much better to go back two or three years.

You like Hopkins. That's fine. You like him so much you should probably plan on keeping him.

Yes. You should look at all available data. Last year is more likely the outlier yet your valuation of him  (i.e. ~ Perine , Samuel and a 2018 3) is of someone who is young and hasn't done it before as if last year was his best year ala  Donte Moncrief. Seriously, when it comes to Hopkins I can't take your opinion seriously. 

1 hour ago, jeaton6 said:

Yes. You should look at all available data. Last year is more likely the outlier yet your valuation of him  (i.e. ~ Perine , Samuel and a 2018 3) is of someone who is young and hasn't done it before as if last year was his best year ala  Donte Moncrief. Seriously, when it comes to Hopkins I can't take your opinion seriously. 

Clearly. But you have a leaguemate and three guys in this thread that aren't taking yours seriously either. So, I guess it's simply an impasse.

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Agreed.  And its probably too early to know where those picks will be.

1 hour ago, jeaton6 said:

Andy is right.  Sure, Hopkins is the better dynasty option..  But three #1s on top of Crabtree?  Hopkins has had success and a little meh too... I don't think the name commands three #1s at this time.

In some situations, I can see someone taking your offer.  A "win-now" team that thinks he is a player away (and also loves Hopkins).  I can also see someone else, who believes he paid a price to acquire those extra picks, being turned off,

His counter was clearly sarcastic, deserved or not.

Next year's draft may not have the same depth, but what do the #4, #8 and #12 picks acquire THIS year?

Edited by DropKick
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Agreed.  And its probably too early to know where those picks will be.

Andy is right.  Sure, Hopkins is the better dynasty option..  But three #1s on top of Crabtree?  Hopkins has had success and a little meh too... I don't think the name commands three #1s at this time.

In some situations, I can see someone taking your offer.  A "win-now" team that thinks he is a player away (and also loves Hopkins).  I can also see someone else, who believes he paid a price to acquire those extra picks, being turned off,

His counter was clearly sarcastic, deserved or not.

Next year's draft may not have the same depth, but what do the #4, #8 and #12 picks acquire THIS year? 

Again, as I said my offer was an opener. I didn't think it would be accepted but I also didn't think it was so far away that it would receive the overreaction either. 

Mixon, Ross, Hunt? Is that enough to move Hopkins? For a rebuilder possibly..