Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

Lost Hunter Henry this week.  Other owner thought he'd "help me out" by offering me Travis Kelce.....for

My pair of 2019 1st rounders (both likely early), and Hunter Henry.

I passed, I still have Olsen.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty

Guy in my 12 team 1 ppr, start 2 QB, IDP dynasty offered me: I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks.  I gi

This doesn't even crack the top 10 of worst trades I have been offered.  I am not saying I would take it but if you believe Carson is an injury prone RB2 that can't stay on the field, A-Rob is a WR2/3

51 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Not the worst, but come on...

:confused:

I don't play in IDP leagues so maybe Kendricks is very valuable there - but which side of that offer is the one that warrants it being a terrible offer (which is the better side)?

22 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don't play in IDP leagues so maybe Kendricks is very valuable there - but which side of that offer is the one that warrants it being a terrible offer (which is the better side)?

Kendricks is the #15 LB in FBG's dynasty rankings.  So a low-level LB1, probably worthy of an early 2nd at worst.

Maybe it's just that the offering owner is notorious for sending junk offers to see what sticks and this one struck me as exceedingly bad.  

Maybe it's that I'm overvaluing Howard.  I don't think I would give him up, let alone adding a near-stud, for what would result in a late 1st.  Plus I'm giving up a 4th?  :lol: Yeah, no.

• Like 1

It was a few years ago but I announced I was looking to move back in a startup as we approached my 6.4 pick (forget exact pick). So, someone offered me like 7.8 for it. He said “you just said you wanted to move back”.:unsure:

Edited by 3 hour lunch
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

It was a few years ago but I announced I was looking to move back in a startup as we approached my 6.4 pick (forget exact pick). So, someone offered me like 7.8 for it. He said “you just said you wanted to move back”.:unsure:

I’ve seen moves where someone gave their 7.5 and 9.5 to someone else for their 7.12 and 9.12. I just shut my mouth, shook my head and noted to send that person many many offers in the future.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

I’ve seen moves where someone gave their 7.5 and 9.5 to someone else for their 7.12 and 9.12. I just shut my mouth, shook my head and noted to send that person many many offers in the future.

I actually screwed myself over one year. I inquired, he made an offer, player +6th rd (keep 0-3, counts as rd 1/2/3)  We went back and forth with a few different ideas, and after tossing out different players and picks I finally decided the first offer made the most sense and said, “ok, let’s do the player and the 5th rounder” and stuck my hand out (we were in person negotiating). He looked at my hand and there was a hesitation, he paused and then shook my hand. About 5 minutes went by and I realized what I had done. He offered to do the original offer but I was like “no, we shook hands.” 

• 3 weeks later...

So this one kind of hit me out of the blue. New owner in our league and he wants to rebuild, so we are talking and I said I would be interested in Leveon Bell, Russ Wilson, either a package to get both or just either one individually. So I make a couple offers on each guy individually and he says no not quite what he is looking for. So I make 1 more offer for both late last night. Then this morning I got this series of offers that I don't think have ever been this bad or redundant.

I give 1.02, a 2019 1st, Matt Ryan, and Tarik Cohen

I get Russ Wilson

start 1qb, 2rb, 2 wrs 1 te 2 flex standard ppr scoring

I honestly thought there was a mistake here since the offer I sent him was similar to this for both Bell and Wilson, so I emailed him and he said no it is right and then followed it up with this.

I give 1.02, Matt Ryan, and Tarik Cohen

I get Russ Wilson

I told him that in a 1 qb league I wouldn't give up the 1.02 for Wilson, then he proceeds to offer this

I give 1.02, Jordan Howard, and Nuk Hopkins

I get Bell and Wilson

I replied back that Nuk and Bell are a wash and I wouldn't give up just the 1.02 for Wilson, so he proceeds to offer

I give 1.02 and Hopkins

I get Bell and Wilson

:wall:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

So this one kind of hit me out of the blue. New owner in our league and he wants to rebuild, so we are talking and I said I would be interested in Leveon Bell, Russ Wilson, either a package to get both or just either one individually. So I make a couple offers on each guy individually and he says no not quite what he is looking for. So I make 1 more offer for both late last night. Then this morning I got this series of offers that I don't think have ever been this bad or redundant.

I get Russ Wilson

I honestly thought there was a mistake here since the offer I sent him was similar to this for both Bell and Wilson, so I emailed him and he said no it is right and then followed it up with this.

I get Russ Wilson

I told him that in a 1 qb league I wouldn't give up the 1.02 for Wilson, then he proceeds to offer this

I get Bell and Wilson

I replied back that Nuk and Bell are a wash and I wouldn't give up just the 1.02 for Wilson, so he proceeds to offer

I give 1.02 and Hopkins

I get Bell and Wilson

The commentary makes it bad, but the last offer itself isn’t terrible.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, kutta said:

The commentary makes it bad, but the last offer itself isn’t terrible.

The commentary and subsequent offers make this a pretty classic example of what belongs in this thread.

To me this is worse than getting the offers like marvin Jones for three 1sts.

5 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

The commentary and subsequent offers make this a pretty classic example of what belongs in this thread.

To me this is worse than getting the offers like marvin Jones for three 1sts.

“I want $50.”

”I wouldn’t pay $20”

”ok, ok, $20 then, final offer.”

”I won’t pay $20”

”ok, $20 then?”

art of the deal.

21 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

I get Russ Wilson

I get Russ Wilson

I get Bell and Wilson

I give 1.02 and Hopkins

I get Bell and Wilson

I’m in a league with someone exactly like this. Except it seems every offer back and forth is always ridiculously in his favour. You just can’t negotiate with some guys. He’s been successful in ripping other owners off with numerous horrible trades though.

23 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

I’m in a league with someone exactly like this. Except it seems every offer back and forth is always ridiculously in his favour. You just can’t negotiate with some guys. He’s been successful in ripping other owners off with numerous horrible trades though.

It is kind of funny. Over the last 3ish days he has answered my offers or emails within 10 minutes every time. I give him 2 final offers though and it has been radio silence for almost 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

It is kind of funny. Over the last 3ish days he has answered my offers or emails within 10 minutes every time. I give him 2 final offers though and it has been radio silence for almost 24 hours. 

Maybe he is going around shopping the players from your side to see if he can flip them for more than he can flip the guys on his side of the deal.

I got a couple guys who were doing this for like 2-3 months straight after they took over a couple orphaned teams in my FFPC league.  

The one guy kept asking me "do you like player X" who was not even on his team, though he "might" trade for him.

I dont know how many times I must have said "if I wanted player X I would just ask his owner about him".  Had to be a dozen or so.

Edited by ghostguy123
4 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Maybe he is going around shopping the players from your side to see if he can flip them for more than he can flip the guys on his side of the deal.

I got a couple guys who were doing this for like 2-3 months straight after they took over a couple orphaned teams in my FFPC league.  

The one guy kept asking me "do you like player X" who was not even on his team, though he "might" trade for him.

I dont know how many times I must have said "if I wanted player X I would just ask his owner about him".  Had to be a dozen or so.

It is possible or he could be busy today. More than likely though he is stalling to see if I will up the offer and pretend that he is really thinking about it. If I don't hear back by tomorrow at this time I will just pull the offers. 

Alshon Jeffery and his 1.13 for my 1.02 and Levon Bell.  I, of course, reject the offer at lightening speed.

A couple of weeks pass and then trades Alshon and Kyle Rudolph to move up 5 spots in the 2nd round of the rookie draft.

I  guess it pays to keep negotiating with noobs

• 1 month later...

Just a general gripe. I really hate when I put a player or draft pick on the block and the offer I receive is the most "droppable" player on their roster. I put my 2.08 rookie pick on the block and another owner offers DeAndre Washington. I decline the trade, he makes his pick at 2.03, picks up his rookie and drops Washington. He then offers me Chris Ivory for the pick. I decline and make my pick at 2.08. He makes another pick at 2.09, drops Ivory and adds his rookie. 

• 3 weeks later...

New guy in the league, but I feel I've made some pretty serious trades that have established that I know what I'm doing. I get these 2 offers in the last week:

Mike Davis, Corey Grant, Deangelo Henderson for Peyton Barber- Sure, I'll take your roster cut down guys... :rolleyes: 

Jordan Matthews and a 3rd round pick for Peyton Barber- A FA WR and a 3rd rounder? Hot damn how can I say no :cool:

51 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

New guy in the league, but I feel I've made some pretty serious trades that have established that I know what I'm doing. I get these 2 offers in the last week:

Mike Davis, Corey Grant, Deangelo Henderson for Peyton Barber- Sure, I'll take your roster cut down guys... :rolleyes: 

Jordan Matthews and a 3rd round pick for Peyton Barber- A FA WR and a 3rd rounder? Hot damn how can I say no :cool:

Who is Peyton Barber?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

I offered my James Washington for Patrick Mahomes. I thought a fair offer, but I can understand rejecting/countering. 

He came back with Patrick Mahomes for Todd Gurley

He's just feeling out how much you really want Mahomes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 4:36 PM, Zyphros said:

FFPC this showed up in my email today

I give:  Saquon Barkley

I get:  Ebron, 1st

I'm getting real tired of stupidity in those leagues

This is what fantasy football has come to, especially in dynasty leagues. It is now who can rip off other teams the most.

• Like 1

I am 3 - 0 and 3rd highest scorer in the league with a need at receiver so I looked around and found an 0 - 3 team that needs to rebuild and has TY Hilton. I asked if he was interested in trading Hilton. He then sends me this offer.

I get Hilton, a 2019 4th, and 5th

I give Allen Robinson, Guice, two 2019 2nds

31 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am 3 - 0 and 3rd highest scorer in the league with a need at receiver so I looked around and found an 0 - 3 team that needs to rebuild and has TY Hilton. I asked if he was interested in trading Hilton. He then sends me this offer.

I get Hilton, a 2019 4th, and 5th

I give Allen Robinson, Guice, two 2019 2nds

Sounds like a long-winded way of answering “no” to your original question.   :P

4 hours ago, Arodin said:

Sounds like a long-winded way of answering “no” to your original question.   :P

I think you have the wrong thread. This is the worst trade offers, not completed. I was giving context to how the offer came about. Of course I said no

40 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I think you have the wrong thread. This is the worst trade offers, not completed. I was giving context to how the offer came about. Of course I said no

I think you misread Arodin’s response. 

• Like 1
Just now, msudaisy26 said:

Must of cause I am lost. 

He’s saying the guy sent you a bad offer as a long winded way of saying “no” to the question of whether or not he was interested in trading Hilton.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kutta said:

He’s saying the guy sent you a bad offer as a long winded way of saying “no” to the question of whether or not he was interested in trading Hilton.

I see it now thanks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got this one in my inbox for my one point PPR dynasty league (from someone who I thought would offer better)

His 

frank gore and devante parker

For my

Kerryon Johnson and Mike Evans

??

not sure if if it was a joke or a real offer it’s so off the wall

• 3 weeks later...

My team's a wreck, so I'm sure he thinks I'm an idiot but this one's a doozy.

I get:
Smith, Alex WAS QB
Grant, Jakeem MIA WR
Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Oakland Raiders
Year 2019 Round 6 Draft Pick from Minnesota Vikings

I give:
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

29 minutes ago, NeverEnough said:

That's not terrible if you needed a QB. Cooper hasn't done ####

Does Keenum have any value in dynasty?  The guy is QB21 in my league.  I can WW that production.  That’s a ####ty offer. 

ETA: I already own Brees, Ryan and Lamar Jackson. 

Edited by Andrew74
32 minutes ago, NeverEnough said:

That's not terrible if you needed a QB. Cooper hasn't done ####

Keenum is practically a wasted roster spot in 1QB leagues. That is a terrible offer, just based on Cooper's potential.