Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty

Guy in my 12 team 1 ppr, start 2 QB, IDP dynasty offered me: I get: Ameer Abdullah, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson, T.J. Yeldon, 3 2017 round 3 draft picks, 3 2018 round 3 draft picks.  I gi

This doesn't even crack the top 10 of worst trades I have been offered.  I am not saying I would take it but if you believe Carson is an injury prone RB2 that can't stay on the field, A-Rob is a WR2/3

10 minutes ago, VolBoy said:

I countered he has 3 1st rnd picks I countered with those picks. #3,#7 and #8.He always puts lame offers out there. He never responded back.

That's a fair offer. I'd take the picks. Cook is at his highest value since his ACL tear. It's a good time to get out imo. Hopefully he takes it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Brees doesn’t have much value in dynasty.

1 hour ago, Mark Football said:

According to fantasy pros Brees and Smith are only 7 players apart. 

Not to belabor the discussion, but we're talking two guys who will be lucky to see the field on Sunday (Smith may not even hold down the Saint's WR3 spot) vs. the #5 QB in this league on an average points per game played basis.  I too looked at the DTC, but I believe the eye test serves me better here.

13 minutes ago, Dave Stauff said:

Not to belabor the discussion, but we're talking two guys who will be lucky to see the field on Sunday (Smith may not even hold down the Saint's WR3 spot) vs. the #5 QB in this league on an average points per game played basis.  I too looked at the DTC, but I believe the eye test serves me better here.

In single QB dynasty leagues, the likes of Brees has very little value.  It was a bad offer for sure but you won't get much better offers if you put him up on the trade block.  He is the type of player that is worth much more to his owner than anybody you would try and trade him to.  The time to get the most value for him (if you wanted to move him) would be mid season if a contender loses his QB. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Dave Stauff said:

I hear you. I wouldn't do that trade either. But I'm not a T. Smith believer. According to dynasty value it was a fair trade offer. If he really wants Brees maybe try to get like a WR3 type from him. Assuming you have other options at QB.

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

With Gronk coming to town I sent an offer of:

J. Cook, 2021 3rd (late)

for

OJ Howard, 2021 2nd

Team that would get Cook needs TE help and has a strong roster.  

I was countered with

J. Ajayi, Alshon Jeffrey

for

Tyreek Hill, AJB

I understand him not taking your offer, but it’s not bad. His is the kind of offer you send back after someone offers their 3rd rd draft pick for your best player. 

Saw Gronk get Hock and 3.08 today... hope the person that accepted that trash sees this post. I don’t comment within leagues with only 11 other owners to deal with but it’s definitely already had an email sent out about it. I just don’t know what goes through people’s heads. The days of fantasy magazine rags should be dead and we should understand age, draft capital and the decline of players. Christ, Gronk was saying he was 230lbs not that long ago.

2 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

J. Cook, 2021 3rd (late)

for

OJ Howard, 2021 2nd

I was countered with

J. Ajayi, Alshon Jeffrey

for

Tyreek Hill, AJB

I'm sure he thinks that he "got you good". But he's the jerk, not you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah, he has been sending out offers that are heavily in his favor and when I tell him where I stand he sends out equally bad offers. This isn't the first time he has countered with horrible offers.  I haven't been able to figure out how he values players and have never been able to make a trade with him.  I think I will hold off sending him offers because I think he gets offended easily and reacts this way.

5 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Yeah, he has been sending out offers that are heavily in his favor and when I tell him where I stand he sends out equally bad offers. This isn't the first time he has countered with horrible offers.  I haven't been able to figure out how he values players and have never been able to make a trade with him.  I think I will hold off sending him offers because I think he gets offended easily and reacts this way.

He shouldn't have got offended by your offer (and his counter was childishly ridiculous) but I do think you sent him a bad offer. Howard is worth more than Cook and you wanted the pick upgrade.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He shouldn't have got offended by your offer (and his counter was childishly ridiculous) but I do think you sent him a bad offer. Howard is worth more than Cook and you wanted the pick upgrade.

It was a starting point.  Last year Cook outscored by almost double the points in PPR.  In my league it was 155 to 85.  Cook should be able to repeat that and OJ Howard just got major competition for targets at the TE position.  I know Howard is younger and if you still believe in him he would be more valuable than Cook.  It was a feeler to see where he stood.  I don't think of my offer as bad.

2 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

It was a starting point.  Last year Cook outscored by almost double the points in PPR.  In my league it was 155 to 85.  Cook should be able to repeat that and OJ Howard just got major competition for targets at the TE position.  I know Howard is younger and if you still believe in him he would be more valuable than Cook.  It was a feeler to see where he stood.  I don't think of my offer as bad.

Saints added Emmanuel Sanders and will likely draft a WR early (and Cook is what he is a career underachiever) - and there's many indications that Howard will now be traded.

I'm not saying it was insulting or that it deserved that type of counter but it wasn't the type of offer that could really go anywhere either imo. If some one offered me a consensus lower valued player and also wanted a pick bump on top of it I wouldn't see that as a good starting point. Just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

FPC Startup (BB)

Again, no its not the worst but pretty bad

Was offered

2021 4th Round 
2020 Pick 17.05 

For

2021 1st Round
2020 Pick 21.06 

Note from sender:
"Not really looking to sell this pick but if you'll move back three rounds next year in exchange for four this year, I'll do something like this. Your pick should be late with Dak and company but oh well."

OY

• Laughing 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was offered 2020 1.1 and one of, wentz, chark, Ronald Jones, or drew lock for saquon Barkley. The clown that offered that does crap like this all through the season to. People like this are the worst of the worst. 

Edited by irish eyes

In a 16 team large roster, balanced IDP scoring league I was offered:

Year 2020 Draft Pick 4.11

Year 2020 Draft Pick 4.14

Year 2020 Draft Pick 4.15

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.11

Year 2020 Draft Pick 6.01

for my Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.05

This seems pretty bad to me 😳

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
On 5/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ranethe said:

Ohh a bunch of dart throws for the fifth?  How can you say no?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Pre-2020 NFL draft i was offered Darrell  Henderson for Tyler Boyd & Ronald Jones.  Same dude then offered Henderson + 3.07 for Boyd & Jones, as if that 3.07 would really push it over the top. 

I didn’t think Henderson alone was worth either Boyd or Jones, and that’s before the Rams drafted Akers & came out and said they intended to be RBBC. 

On 5/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, Ranethe said:

That’s....not good, no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In a TE premium dynasty, 12 teams, PPR scoring.

Was offered:  2021 1st, 2021 3rd...   for...  Kelce.   Projection of the picks, IMO, are in the mid range 6 - 9.  This past season, it would have been #3.  

When I rejected, with no reply, he send an email response to see if I had a counter...  I told him I would "Think About"  M Sanders and DK Metcalf... PLUS... 

• Like 1
On 5/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ranethe said:

This is one of the worst I have seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 4/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, smbkrypt24 said:

J. Cook, 2021 3rd (late)

for

OJ Howard, 2021 2nd

I was countered with

J. Ajayi, Alshon Jeffrey

for

Tyreek Hill, AJB

Lol

how is Ajayi still rostered?

• 1 month later...

PPR IDP Zealots

I get

Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR

Flowers, Trey DET DE

Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 

I give

Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB

Moss, Zack BUF RB

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

• Laughing 1
On 7/13/2020 at 9:40 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR IDP Zealots

I get

Flowers, Trey DET DE

I give

Moss, Zack BUF RB

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

Chicken dinner 

• Like 2
On 4/22/2020 at 6:37 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm getting offers from a guy that are so heavily weighted in his favor he must have thought I was struck in the head with a shovel recently. I think he offered two second rounders, Steven Sims, and some other guy for Elliott, Chase Young, and two others. But I've never sent a snark offer or acted incredulous back. I just sat and explained how much those players are generally worth with a polite refusal. That led us to talking football for a bit over email...about the season, etc.

Point is, it's so easy to answer hot-headed or snarky but you might be losing a future iFriend or colleague or even trading partner if that happens.

And it happens I have done a deal with this guy before and it was almost dead even fair once he had started off within reason. I just hope he learned from that. Because the trade offer I got the other day was terrible. 

• Like 2
On 7/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR IDP Zealots

I get

Flowers, Trey DET DE

I give

Moss, Zack BUF RB

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

7 hours ago, higgins said:

Chicken dinner 

His follow up was even better...I mean, honestly...

I get

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

Jefferson, Van LAR WR

Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Denver Broncos

I give

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 6:07 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

His follow up was even better...I mean, honestly...

I get

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

Jefferson, Van LAR WR

Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Denver Broncos

I give

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

I don’t know, I think maybe you should give that one some serious consideration.

sorry, I couldn’t find the sarcasm font.

• Laughing 1
On 4/14/2020 at 5:36 PM, VolBoy said:

I countered he has 3 1st rnd picks I countered with those picks. #3,#7 and #8.He always puts lame offers out there. He never responded back.

That seems pretty fair… I’m a little surprised you didn’t accept. Not only is it a fair deal, it seems like a fairly reasonable response to his offer. So both on its own merit, and in context I don’t see why he wouldn’t accept that.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:38 AM, Iceman03 said:

Also, all you fools who held onto a retired 230lb TE for a year and half to shoot out offers for 1st rounders yesterday and today... are equally trash.

I picked up Gronk off the wire at the first rumor that he might be coming back… I was definitely rewarded with his return, but when It happened & I went to deal a tight end I offered up Hearst, and Let it be know that Ertz and Engram available.

anyone wanted to offer me something for Grunke, they could have. But I certainly wasn’t going to be the jack ### that picked them up and then asked for way too much for him when he came back. That just feels greedy.