Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, foxco said:

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

 

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

I could see one or the other for Moss as “fair but a little off balance”

both for moss is insane. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, foxco said:

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

 

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

Definitely worthy of this thread.  I hate getting offers like this...not because it's insulting, but because it's exciting to see that an offer was sent to you, and then when you open it up and see this you instantly realize "well if this is what they're thinking, no point in even beginning to try to counter"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

Definitely worthy of this thread.  I hate getting offers like this...not because it's insulting, but because it's exciting to see that an offer was sent to you, and then when you open it up and see this you instantly realize "well if this is what they're thinking, no point in even beginning to try to counter"

Exactly where I was with the Zeke offer I just got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, foxco said:

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

 

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

Yes, it belongs in this thread. Two top 5 dynasty WR's (and an argument could be made that they are two of the top 2), for that package? Yuck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, foxco said:

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

 

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

That is a horrible offer and it certainly qualifies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took over an orphan in a 10 team SF PPR with deep starting rosters (start 14 - QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, 2 R/W/T, 2 R/W, SF). Put Mahomes and Davante Adams on the trade block to get a sense of the room. The offers below are from different owners.

For Mahomes - receive Hurts + 2022 2nd
For Adams - receive Hockenson + 4.07 + 5.07

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

Took over an orphan in a 10 team SF PPR with deep starting rosters (start 14 - QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, 2 R/W/T, 2 R/W, SF). Put Mahomes and Davante Adams on the trade block to get a sense of the room. The offers below are from different owners.

For Mahomes - receive Hurts + 2022 2nd
For Adams - receive Hockenson + 4.07 + 5.07

Tough room.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zaner75 said:

Took over an orphan in a 10 team SF PPR with deep starting rosters (start 14 - QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, 2 R/W/T, 2 R/W, SF). Put Mahomes and Davante Adams on the trade block to get a sense of the room. The offers below are from different owners.

For Mahomes - receive Hurts + 2022 2nd
For Adams - receive Hockenson + 4.07 + 5.07

Hopefully this was more of a "let's lowball the new guy and see what happens" and not a sign of trading difficulties to come

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Hopefully this was more of a "let's lowball the new guy and see what happens" and not a sign of trading difficulties to come

If /that's/ your low ball the new guy offers, it's a sign of things to come.  I'd be insulted they didn't throw in some roster fillers to "sweeten the deal"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I get:

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.11

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.06

 

I give: 

Carson, Chris SEA RB

Robinson, Allen CHI WR

Samuel, Curtis WAS WR

Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick 

 

I’m not sure what to make of this - I’m supposed to give up Carson, a RB I traded for because this dude was unreasonable in his demands for Elliott last year, to upgrade to Elliott at the cost of ARob & Samuel? What is 2.11 supposed to get me to make up for that? Or 4.06 for that matter? 
 

I like how he had the cajones to ask for a draft pick, too. 

This is the worst trade I’ve ever been offered. I may let it sit there festering until it expires just to send a message. 

Surprising this is the worst trade you have been offered. Its a poor offer but far from the worst I have been sent.

IMO letting an offer expire sends no message . When I send an offer and it expires I usually assume they didn’t see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, foxco said:

I feel this one is worthy of this thread but maybe I'm off base?

I give

Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill

I get

Zach Moss, ,22 1st, 22 2nd

 

Addition of Jefferson/Hill would make him an instant contender so probably low picks. I politely declined.

Terrible offer. Definitely belongs here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Surprising this is the worst trade you have been offered. Its a poor offer but far from the worst I have been sent.

IMO letting an offer expire sends no message . When I send an offer and it expires I usually assume they didn’t see it.

Agreed. I try to comment as much as possible. Depending on my mood, my response to terrible offers is either: a) we must value these players very differently since that isn’t close IMO, or b) are you sure you don’t want my first born thrown in too? It either gets a real discussion going or it sends them back to the drawing board for a more reasonable offer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2021 at 12:30 AM, JoeSteeler said:

Surprising this is the worst trade you have been offered. Its a poor offer but far from the worst I have been sent.

IMO letting an offer expire sends no message . When I send an offer and it expires I usually assume they didn’t see it.

I ended up rejecting with explanation. Asked if he’d be interested without ARob. Nope. 

It’s not the worst trade I’ve ever received, but we’re basically an ARob apart in how we value Elliott. 

And admittedly it might be a recency bias, since I had Elliott last year and he was brutal to own from the jump. Even his early productive games when healthy weren’t “wow” games. No breakaway runs, wasn’t explosive. 

Them Pollard came on & with Zeke’s heavy workload over his career, I just don’t know what to make of Zeke’s value. My gut feels like he & Carson aren’t that far apart. :shrug: 

maybe I’m wrong - I don’t wanna pay ARob & Samuel to find out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 team 1 QB PPR.  Short bench and starting requirements (studs are king).  I inquired about a price for Trautman after the team that owns him declined my

2.08, A. Luck

for Trautman, 2022 3rd

I asked what his price for Trautman was.

 

He offered my:

AJB, A. Luck

for Deebo and Trautman

I told him I am out on Trautman if that is his price. This is a terrible offer.  The potential has now been baked into the player as if he already broke out as THE top TE in the league.  I like Trautman's potential, but for a 2nd round pick dart throw not a stud WR.

 

He then offered me

my A. Luck, Barkley, AJB

for his D. Adams, Deebo, Goedert, 2022 1st (late)

This isn't terrible, but I wouldn't trade AJB straight up for D. Adams at this point with Rodgers unknown to return.  And the rest for Barkley is quite far apart.

Edited by smbkrypt24
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rockaction said:

Who is A. Luck? What am I missing?

Andrew Luck former quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.

 

This league in the offseason you can't add FA until after rookie draft which is in July so it doesn't do any good to drop people now.

Essentially, the strategy I use is to pick up high upside players with my end of bench spots (1-2) because my rookies that come in will replace those slots anyways so A. Luck will be an easy drop for a rookie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, smbkrypt24 said:

Andrew Luck former quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.

He's not coming back. That's probably why you're getting those responses. Offering him a useless guy with short benches isn't going to do it for anybody. That said, his counters are off also. This is just my opinion, by the way. Maybe the dynamic of your league is different. I've personally thought over the past two years to pick Luck up, and decided it wasn't worth the roster spot. He's not playing again. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

He's not coming back. That's probably why you're getting those responses. Offering him a useless guy with short benches isn't going to do it for anybody. That said, his counters are off also. This is just my opinion, by the way. Maybe the dynamic of your league is different. I've personally thought over the past two years to pick Luck up, and decided it wasn't worth the roster spot. He's not playing again. 

Could definitely be the case.  Our league also has a 1 for 1 player mandate so a lot of times useless players are thrown in to equal this.  My offer was in essence 2.08 for Trautman, 2022 late 3rd. I appreciate the response though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sure there are worse but in my SF Dynasty startup slow draft I was sent :

Idiot boy sends:

1.07

I send

2.04, 3.09, 2022 Rookie 1st rounder

There is always THAT GUY in every startup draft that sends this same trade to all owners in the league. I’m guessing it works on occasion because never fail I get this same offer with each new league. 
 

Honorable mentions: 

THAT GUY that fires 5-10 marginal players into a trade for CMC. 

THAT GUY that auto offers his next year 2nd, 3rd, 4th round rookie picks for your 1st.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, smbkrypt24 said:

Could definitely be the case.  Our league also has a 1 for 1 player mandate so a lot of times useless players are thrown in to equal this.  My offer was in essence 2.08 for Trautman, 2022 late 3rd. I appreciate the response though.

I really hate when someone makes an "offer" for a player by offering nothing and asking me what I want for him. Like, make an initial offer or don't bother. So offering him Luck is just starting things in a bad place to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

I really hate when someone makes an "offer" for a player by offering nothing and asking me what I want for him. Like, make an initial offer or don't bother. So offering him Luck is just starting things in a bad place to begin with.

I did make him an initial offer.  it was essentially 2.08 for Trautman, 2022 3rd.  We have to have 1 for 1 player equivalence....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DropKick said:

Pull the trigger before he changes his mind.

Pretty sure he's giving up all the good players.

 

Edit - Sorry, my sarcasm detector is off.  I'll see myself out.

Edited by wgoldsph
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

I really hate when someone makes an "offer" for a player by offering nothing and asking me what I want for him. Like, make an initial offer or don't bother. So offering him Luck is just starting things in a bad place to begin with.

I don't mind that approach.  I have found that many players have drastically different values for dynasty owners so starting a dialog is a good way to go. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Gally said:

I don't mind that approach.  I have found that many players have drastically different values for dynasty owners so starting a dialog is a good way to go. 

I usually start it out with a PM or text message (depending on my relationship with the owner) like, “hey, I have [some picks/x player] to deal, would you be interested in moving [a player/picks], and what might you want for [them/him]?”

that’s generally a good conversation starter.  It lets me gauge both interest & perceived value to see if it’s worth pursuing. 

I would much rather have someone approach me like that than throwing 5-6 unrealistic deals at me for a player I might not even want to move. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gally said:

I don't mind that approach.  I have found that many players have drastically different values for dynasty owners so starting a dialog is a good way to go. 

Its not starting a dialogue at all. Doing that is saying what you are interested in and what you are open to moving. Its asking the other person to make a trade offer to you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

Its not starting a dialogue at all. Doing that is saying what you are interested in and what you are open to moving. Its asking the other person to make a trade offer to you.

Not it my experience.  Typically it starts with something like, I have interest in Player X.   Is he available?  Many times going through the website seems to work better for certain owners then sending a text.  I won't ask them to make an offer.  I might ask them if there is anybody on my team that may interest them so that I know what players are of interest so I can use them in crafting an offer.  

Edited by Gally
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

Its not starting a dialogue at all. Doing that is saying what you are interested in and what you are open to moving. Its asking the other person to make a trade offer to you.

Often you need to see if a guy is available at all. Why go through the effort of thinking up an offer if nothing will pry a player away?

Especially if your league is populated with iFriends, i.e. people you don't know IRL.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gally said:

Not it my experience.  Typically it starts with something like, I have interest in Player X.   Is he available?  Many times going through the website seems to work better for certain owners then sending a text.  I won't ask them to make an offer.  I might ask them if there is anybody on my team that may interest them so that I know what players are of interest so I can use them in crafting an offer.  

In my experience its a lowballer who is hoping someone comes back with a great deal. They don't want to offer too much and let the person know how much they value the player.

 

And if you're too lazy to make me an offer, I'm not interested in trying to negotiate with you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, voiceofunreason said:

In my experience its a lowballer who is hoping someone comes back with a great deal. They don't want to offer too much and let the person know how much they value the player.

And if you're too lazy to make me an offer, I'm not interested in trying to negotiate with you.

Username checks out. :lol:

In my experience your style is the player that won't trade unless he/she feels they "won" the trade. Won't make a deal unless they can get the other side to overpay.

Nothing wrong with it, seriously. But I'm not interested in that type of negotiation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Username checks out. :lol:

@Andy Dufresne is right.  Dialogue is pretty critical before you start storming ideas that can be perceived as desperation.  I think you have to throw something of substance out - hey, interested in - "Player X" - what do you think?  Or, looking at your roster and considering sending an offer including "My Player X" - do you have anyone you aren't willing to part with.  

Generally, I just need to know your thoughts on my player and how they pair with my valuation.  Otherwise, we are wasting each other's time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

@Andy Dufresne is right.  Dialogue is pretty critical before you start storming ideas that can be perceived as desperation.  I think you have to throw something of substance out - hey, interested in - "Player X" - what do you think?  Or, looking at your roster and considering sending an offer including "My Player X" - do you have anyone you aren't willing to part with.  

Generally, I just need to know your thoughts on my player and how they pair with my valuation.  Otherwise, we are wasting each other's time. 

This cannot be highlighted enough.  It is one of the biggest issues in trade negotiations that goes overlooked much of the time......especially when a cold offer is sent as the initial offering.  I have done that a few times to certain owners and they come back with saying that player X (could be on either side of the initial offer) is way more/less valuable than the other players in the offer.  This can be death to future negotiations when it was an honest evaluation where two owners just have drastic views on a certain player's value.  

 

The other big part is having an owner that is confident in their evaluations.  Too many times I have inquired about a player that I know a guy is down on because of comments or info from other owners and I try and approach about a possible deal and all of a sudden the price goes way up.  "If you want that guy he must be good" so pay up.  I hate when that happens.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Gally said:

The other big part is having an owner that is confident in their evaluations.  Too many times I have inquired about a player that I know a guy is down on because of comments or info from other owners and I try and approach about a possible deal and all of a sudden the price goes way up.  "If you want that guy he must be good" so pay up.  I hate when that happens.  

That seems to happen frequently to me for some reason.  I tend to try the either/or approach - pick 2 guys I am high on and give the either/or approach.  I've somehow pulled off some pretty stupid trades by just giving the person you are trading with a choice.  Also, if you don't badger and pigeon hole them into a deal they don't want to do... they blame themselves versus you, when you keep winning.  Not every deal is going to get done, but the key is to get guys you want MORE than the guys you're giving away while not burning bridges with your leaguemates to blacklist you from trading.

On the other hand, I cannot get rid of Mike Evans unless it's for peanuts.  I just have a bad feeling about him.  In any event, I am done fitting a square peg into a round hole on that one and will just see if he can piece together some big games for me to sell high.  :2cents:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gally said:

Too many times I have inquired about a player that I know a guy is down on because of comments or info from other owners and I try and approach about a possible deal and all of a sudden the price goes way up.  "If you want that guy he must be good" so pay up.  I hate when that happens.  

I played with a guy like that for years.  Whenever he would send you an offer he would tell you that his player X was the best and only had upside, and your player Y was on the decline and not that good anyway.  Didn't matter who, he could have been trying to get your peak LT2 for out of the league Ryan Leaf.  It eventually got to the point where I gave up trying, because why would he want to fill his team with my scrubs when each of his players were already sooooo good.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

I played with a guy like that for years.  Whenever he would send you an offer he would tell you that his player X was the best and only had upside, and your player Y was on the decline and not that good anyway.  Didn't matter who, he could have been trying to get your peak LT2 for out of the league Ryan Leaf.  It eventually got to the point where I gave up trying, because why would he want to fill his team with my scrubs when each of his players were already sooooo good.

To get right down to it, any dialog, intended to explain why this trade is good for you, is likely a mistake.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Username checks out. :lol:

In my experience your style is the player that won't trade unless he/she feels they "won" the trade. Won't make a deal unless they can get the other side to overpay.

Nothing wrong with it, seriously. But I'm not interested in that type of negotiation.

This is so dumb it can only be trolling. I've always been one of the more active people in my leagues and like to gamble. People too scared or lazy to even make an offer aren't worth the time. The only thing I've experienced is they try to rip people off. 

Edited by voiceofunreason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...