What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

i don't think this trade is "the worst" ever been offered to someone, but it is pretty bad and i do believe that sunlight is the best disinfectant (and we all like to see these types of offers so that we can establish the market rate for players)

I really like the owner who proposed this trade, so maybe he was just hoping for rookie madness to set in, but when I tried to move from 1.06 to 1.04 to get RG3.

The counter to my offer of 1.06 and 2.07 for 1.04,

was

my Mike Wallace, 1.06, 2.06, 2013 2nd rounder for

his 1.04, Ted Ginn.

Uh, ok.

I really like the owner who proposed this trade, so maybe he was just hoping for rookie madness to set in, but when I tried to move from 1.06 to 1.04 to get RG3. The counter to my offer of 1.06 and 2.07 for 1.04, wasmy Mike Wallace, 1.06, 2.06, 2013 2nd rounder for his 1.04, Ted Ginn. Uh, ok.
There's a pretty big drop after 1.05.... but not Mike Wallace big. It does look like he was testing how much you wanted your player, not intended as an insult, maybe just trying to move the middle ground.

I really like the owner who proposed this trade, so maybe he was just hoping for rookie madness to set in, but when I tried to move from 1.06 to 1.04 to get RG3. The counter to my offer of 1.06 and 2.07 for 1.04, wasmy Mike Wallace, 1.06, 2.06, 2013 2nd rounder for his 1.04, Ted Ginn. Uh, ok.
There's a pretty big drop after 1.05.... but not Mike Wallace big. It does look like he was testing how much you wanted your player, not intended as an insult, maybe just trying to move the middle ground.
You might be right, though it's a pretty aggressive stance. Ended up with Blackmon at 1.06, which was fine by me.

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."

Many of the trades posted are hardly "the worst" or even bad. Some are only bad in retrospect, others are bad because the future is unkown. Last season, before the regular season started nobody would have considered trading someone like B.Wells for Ingram even close to fair - now it's debatable - on both sides.

Here's hint #1: PEOPLE DON'T ALL VALUE PLAYERS THE SAME - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON TRADING IS POSSIBLE.

Hint #2: Not every trade offer is an attempt to insult you/take advantage of you. If you ARE insulted, read hint #1.

I am not trying to kill this thread - but this idea that some of the trade offers in this thread are "unfair" or the "worst ever" is in itself ridiculous. [/rant]

heBranch, Deion NEP WRDavis, Fred WAS TEYear 2014 Round 1 Draft PickmeYear 2012 Draft Pick 1.03Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11
Which side is the bad offer?
Would you give a top 3 2012 rookie for Fred Davis and some unidentified pick 2 years from now?
I don't think I would, but I have Gronk or Graham in most leagues.The point it...that deal isn't even in the realm of this thread, just goes to show that people need not be so touchy...
Well, Davis isn't worth a top 3 pick..

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."Many of the trades posted are hardly "the worst" or even bad. Some are only bad in retrospect, others are bad because the future is unkown. Last season, before the regular season started nobody would have considered trading someone like B.Wells for Ingram even close to fair - now it's debatable - on both sides.Here's hint #1: PEOPLE DON'T ALL VALUE PLAYERS THE SAME - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON TRADING IS POSSIBLE. Hint #2: Not every trade offer is an attempt to insult you/take advantage of you. If you ARE insulted, read hint #1.I am not trying to kill this thread - but this idea that some of the trade offers in this thread are "unfair" or the "worst ever" is in itself ridiculous. [/rant]
Spoken like someone who consistently offers garbage trades hoping one out of ten gets accepted.Trades that are ridiculously unbalancing, in the opinion of the majority of ffl players or league mates, aand destructive and can contribute to the eventual death of the league so they rightfully should be looked on with scorn and ridicule. Sure some here could have an argument made about being on the realm of reasonable, but most are awful.

I offered V. Cruz, P. Garcon, D. Brown & J. Cook for D. Murray and 2013 1st. Owner replied that was the worst offer he had ever received. :homer:

willie parker, mark sanchez, and a 2nd round pick

for

aaron rodgers.

i recieved rodgers.

same year:

mike sims walker

for

jamaal charles, 2nd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had plenty over the years, but these were recent offers in different leagues after our rookie drafts:

I give Doug Martin......I get 2013 1st and 3rd (offered by the guy who beat me in the title game....I was lucky to land the 2nd pick due to preseason trade). So I would be looking at 2 picks at the back of those rounds.

Different league:

I give Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Richardson, Victor Cruz, 2nd rd rookie.........I get Brees, Dione Lewis, and Andre Roberts. Guy told me he wanted Richardson and he would give me Brees (he knows I'm a Saints fan) but it would cost me. No ####! Didn't need Brees to win the title last year and still got the 1st pick.

Yesterday I received this offer based on the big news out of Washington:

Dynasty IDP with 53 man rosters

I would get Tim Hightower

I would give Mike Wallace

I Get:

Tebow, Tim NYJ QB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Hester, Devin CHI WR

Jenkins, Michael MIN WR

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.13

I Give:

Mallett, Ryan NEP QB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Austin, Miles DAL WR

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Moore, Denarius OAK WR

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.02

I think there are largely 3 types of trade offers one is likely not to accept.

1.- the buy low, or low ball offer - merely an opening, savvy traders probably recognize this, like an opening chess move. It's a starting point for discussion, an anchoring point.

2.- fairly equal players, where subjectiveness , can come into play. (we all have different insight and uh, man-crushes)

3. - This thread I believe covers the 3rd kind: I think the trade offers where if you put the shoe on other foot, would have no chance of being accepted. While they are not anything anyone is actually offended by, but more likely if the value gap is so large, the ensuing discussion is not perceived as worth the headache. I do wonder if these are like the "nigerian prince scam" emails, and if you send 100 of them, you get 1 acceptance. I think the downside needs to be considered in the 99 others, they will likely take you less seriously or as someone who only trades when it is **massively** slanted in their favour, so not a door you're going to knock on quite as often. And long term are likely to see less trade activity. If they are completely new to the game, then that's learning curve, if they are trying to hit the scam 1 out of 100, well karma is a beach hopefully.

Trading is definitely the most interesting aspect of Fantasy football, as two people have to agree on a price or valuation of a player, and come to a mutual exchange. Most other decisions are made in a respective vacuum.

I offered V. Cruz, P. Garcon, D. Brown & J. Cook for D. Murray and 2013 1st. Owner replied that was the worst offer he had ever received. :homer:
Assuming the 2013 1st doesn't project to be in top 3 or 4 picks give me the other side because Cruz in my opinion is the best player in that trade.

I'm beginnig to think the title of this thread should be changed to "Touchy and Easily "OFENDED" Dynasty Owners Check In Here."

Many of the trades posted are hardly "the worst" or even bad. Some are only bad in retrospect, others are bad because the future is unkown. Last season, before the regular season started nobody would have considered trading someone like B.Wells for Ingram even close to fair - now it's debatable - on both sides.

Here's hint #1: PEOPLE DON'T ALL VALUE PLAYERS THE SAME - THAT'S PART OF THE REASON TRADING IS POSSIBLE.

Hint #2: Not every trade offer is an attempt to insult you/take advantage of you. If you ARE insulted, read hint #1.

I am not trying to kill this thread - but this idea that some of the trade offers in this thread are "unfair" or the "worst ever" is in itself ridiculous. [/rant]
Here's a couple recent ones in a 14-team dynasty league:

I give: Percy Harvin

I get: 2012 2.12 draft pick, 2012 2.13 draft pick, 2013 2nd round draft pick

I give: AJ Green

I get: DMC, Mario Manningham

and

I give: RGIII, Hakeem Nicks

I get: Andy Dalton, Felix Jones

[i accepted this one cause I need RB help]

An offer last year before Jamaal Charles went down:

I give: Jamaal Charles

I get: Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Slaton

I told the owner to never offer for any of my players ever again.

and

Giving a top 10 dynasty QB and a top 5 dynasty WR surely could land you a better QB & RB combo.... at least a better RB

and

Giving a top 10 dynasty QB and a top 5 dynasty WR surely could land you a better QB & RB combo.... at least a better RB
How is RG3 a top 10 dynasty QB?

and

Didn't you get the memo? The NFL drafted a bunch of Hall of Famers, or at a minimum, All Pros a few weeks ago. /sarcasmHeck, if RG3 can only do as well as Dalton did last year, it would be impressive. Just have to hope it's not Ponder or Gabbert level of play.

That said, I agree that RG3 + Nicks should have been able to net a better RB than a 3rd down back.

and

Ask Sigmund Bloom, Jeff Pasquino, Bruce Hammond, Jason Wood, and Jeff Tefertiller; all have him in theier top dynasty QB top 10.

I don't buy the whole low ball offer is "a chess move to try to negotiate. " Offer me something that might gain my interest then we will negotiate.

Agreed. If I get a terrible lowball, I just reject the offer. If it is in the ballpark, I will respond back with reasoning or what else it would take. Lowballs are just insulting.

Just got offered...I get their 1(12) pick they get Marshawn Lynch. They can't be serious.
That's nowhere near the realm of this thread.
Agreed. If I get a terrible lowball, I just reject the offer. If it is in the ballpark, I will respond back with reasoning or what else it would take. Lowballs are just insulting.
I typically play in leagues where people are above lowballing, so if I feel that way I respond with a little incredulity and ask what the other guy was thinking. When he explains his thought process, I tell him how I value all the guys involved and let him know what I'm looking for in return for a guy.It doesn't always lead to a trade, but more than once the conversation has led me to start trying to make a move to improve my team somewhere I hadn't noticed before. Absolutely nothing good comes from simply rejecting or not responding to something. Ever. It's a moronic action to take. Period. Especially when the alternative (begin a dialogue) has zero downside - they're deadset and won't budge from what you perceive to be a bad offer? You are no worse off. May as well see if something good can come of it...

I guess I'm ok if the lowball is within the strike zone at least. If it's a dirtball, then I agree it doesn't deserve much response. ie offering 75$ for a 100$ item, is lowball. offering 1$ for a 100$ item, is dirtball unrealistic and doesn't deserve much attention. I do try and foster communication with all owners though, as you never know when you might connect on a trade.

Absolutely nothing good comes from simply rejecting or not responding to something. Ever. It's a moronic action to take. Period. Especially when the alternative (begin a dialogue) has zero downside - they're deadset and won't budge from what you perceive to be a bad offer? You are no worse off. May as well see if something good can come of it...
I think your'e wrong here and saying it's a "moronic" action to take for simply rejecting a trade is baffling to me. Talking trades takes time. If you're in more than one league and dealing with people who are obviously fishing, then it's almost always simply wasted time. If I get an absolutely awful offer I simply reject. If they follow up asking why I will send a short note, and once in a while it leads to something constructive, but far more often than not these types of players are simply out to rape someone, and I don't have the time or patience to work things out with unreasonable people. For example, a few days ago I was offered Donald Driver and a 3rd round pick for Victor Cruz by a guy who has never one sent me a remotely reasonable offer. I just don't have the time to deal with that. Maybe it's "moronic" from your point of view but I don't view it that way at all. I prefer to spend my time talking trade with reasonable people.

I joined a new league and i am new to the development format, but its not much different then regular dynasty besides the fact that rookie picks don't hold as much value:

Give: R.White

Get: 1.9 (Essentially 2.2)Richardson,Luck,Jeffery,Floyd,Blackmon all gone.

Give: D.Bryant, 1.10 (2.3)

Get: S.Smith - Carolina

Give: 2013 1st (1.1-1.4)

Get: T.Moeaki

Give: P.Garcon

Get: 3.9,4.3,R.Jennings

I joined a new league and i am new to the development format, but its not much different then regular dynasty besides the fact that rookie picks don't hold as much value:Give: R.WhiteGet: 1.9 (Essentially 2.2)Richardson,Luck,Jeffery,Floyd,Blackmon all gone.Give: D.Bryant, 1.10 (2.3)Get: S.Smith - Carolina Give: 2013 1st (1.1-1.4)Get: T.MoeakiGive: P.Garcon Get: 3.9,4.3,R.Jennings
Ouch. I hope you were getting the gives.

There is a big difference between players being valued different and a guy dreaming up an offer to see how dumb somebody is, and sure there is a lot of offers that were posted in this thread that are a matter of opinion based on value, but the best way to stop low ball offers is actually to kind of call the person out on it. There is always at least one guy in every league that either is oblivious to value and wants to do whatever he can do to get a player as cheap as possible and doesn't care if he offends someone by 300 crap offers (A Sharks favorite Target), Or a shark picking on the guys that read the 2008 NFL draft magazines for advice (Usually the guy sending the crap offers).

and

Ask Sigmund Bloom, Jeff Pasquino, Bruce Hammond, Jason Wood, and Jeff Tefertiller; all have him in theier top dynasty QB top 10.
And? It's fine if you think so, but no way do I consider him in top 10 without a single game under his belt. Someone else can make that mistake.......and I like him as a prospect.

And? It's fine if you think so, but no way do I consider him in top 10 without a single game under his belt. Someone else can make that mistake.......and I like him as a prospect.
Case in point. RE: Everyone values players differently, therefore many definitions of "horrible" trade are hardly objective. :coffee:

Case in point. RE: Everyone values players differently, therefore many definitions of "horrible" trade are hardly objective. :coffee:
Everybody was on Bradford's jock last year or the year before. Now? Not in any of those guys' top 10.The novelty wears off of the shiny and new.

Guy offered me Sanchez, Boley (crappy lb), 3rd and 4th

for

2 first round picks, a second round pick and Patrick Willis

And this was just a couple of weeks ago, not when someone actually valued Sanchez. Unreal, guy actually called me a bully because I jokingly said it was the worst trade offer I'd ever got and he never wanted to trade with me again. Crazy.

Guy offered me Sanchez, Boley (crappy lb), 3rd and 4th for2 first round picks, a second round pick and Patrick WillisAnd this was just a couple of weeks ago, not when someone actually valued Sanchez. Unreal, guy actually called me a bully because I jokingly said it was the worst trade offer I'd ever got and he never wanted to trade with me again. Crazy.
How I rank fantasy value:1. Patrick Willis2. Earlier 1st Round Pick3. Later 1st Round Pick4. 2nd Round Pick5. 3rd Round Pick6. Michael Boley if he is switched to MLB(not likely)7. 4th Round Pick8. Michael Boley if he stays at WLB9. My longest ### hair.10. My shortest ### hair.11. JaWalrus Russell12. Mark Sanchez

OK, maybe not the worst ever, but certainly the worst recent offer. 12 team PPR.

Get:

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Brown, Antonio PIT WR

Davis, Fred WAS TE

Give:

Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

I just got this from the league's used car saleman. Seems to me he has sent worse, but this is typical. 12 team PPR league. I have the 1.01 pick.

Aaron Hernandez

FOR

1 week agoGive: LeGarrette BlountGet: Brandon Tate & Greg Olsen
Here's my point...again...The above was from this very thread last season - the "worst trade ever offered in dynasty". Which side would you rather have been on?Some of the posts in this thread are close, some are short-sighted, and many are just downright close-minded bias disguising as "insulted". :coffee:

It's all in perceived value. Some of these are outright funny, but we can't understand every owner's intent.

I just offered Hightower for Lamar Miller (who went at 1.12).

Hightower for 1.12 would have been ridiculous. I absolutely get that. But, Miller is #3 on the depth chart, and the owner is in need of a starting RB (he owns Helu amidst the RBBC mess that will likely ensue). Meanwhile, I own D. Thomas and would like the depth (or aternate starter pending Thomas' sophomore effort) for when Bush inevitably "stubs his toe".

I am sure he still thought it was crazy (maybe I am) ... in fact he responded with a rejction and "LOL Not interested." Ok, no harm done ... I didn't respond.

Point being, there is value to every player on the field and anticipating their worth on a FFL roster is measured a little differently by every FFL owner. But, team startegy is difficult to measure until you pitch "something". Then there is always the pitch-low efforts to see if someone slips up. Regardless, to be offended is a bit shallow. I prefer to see a trend in offers, or at least the banter back and forth during negotiation, to see where an owner is coming from with offers. Most are realistic and just pitching a starting point, others will argue the poor offer as valid and usually aren't worth trying to trade with anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread