Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Choose my next show

Chaka

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for a new series to invest a little time.Vote for as many or as few as you like.TIA:banned::popcorn::banned:

West Wing was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Highly recommend.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna run away with this thing, which is why I allowed multiple votes.

Didn't see other option, so I will vote for Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad.

Other options make these too difficult, I didn't want to cloud the field. I put a lot of time in the entertainment threads, I know the other options SoA was a serious consideration but it didn't make this cut, it's probably one I will get to eventually.And I am already completely invested in BB. Can't wait for the next season to start.

I'll throw a vote out there for Life On Mars (UK). Not only is it an excellent show but you can finish it quickly. Some other great ones on the list but they require a huge investment of time.

West Wing, Buffy & Six Feet Under are big investments for sure. I might mix one of the shorter run shows in if either of those win out in here.

Boobah

Intriguing.
On a specific viewing level, it's a Creation myth, a poetic reverie upon sherbet AND a detective story.
You had me until sherbet but I'm a hard core gelato guy.

I'll throw a vote out there for Life On Mars (UK). Not only is it an excellent show but you can finish it quickly. Some other great ones on the list but they require a huge investment of time.

West Wing, Buffy & Six Feet Under are big investments for sure. I might mix one of the shorter run shows in if either of those win out in here.
The League is one I plan on watching but I hate watching shows while they are still on.

The League is one I plan on watching but I hate watching shows while they are still on.
That mentality is why shows get canceled.R.I.P. Arrested Development & Firefly

My brain would vote for The League, but my heart told me to vote for Terriers. Im pretty sure its cancelled, but the 1 season it got was very enjoyable if thats how it ends up

I'm a fan of Donal Logue & Shawn Ryan and it hit a 9.1 on IMDB plus it takes place in my town, which I always find to be a bonus. Didn't realize it got cancelled, I guess I am guilty of what I just posted to Rhymes.Then again it means it isn't much of a commitment, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

I finished season 3 of Six Feet Under a few weeks back and I'm a big fan. Great show so far!

I would watch this almost exclusively because I am a fan of Dexter. But I have heard that it may have held on for a season or two too long.

Voted Buffy. If you like it (and you will) try Veronica Mars (only 3 seasons) and Medium. Both are female centric but they are good shows.

Let's not get carried away now. I despised the Buffy movie and would watch the series almost exclusively because it is Joss Whedon's most successful venture, and considering how much I enjoy his unsuccessful shows I know I need to give it a shot eventually. It's funny about Buffy but the very little I saw of it during its run just didn't capture me but the fanboys & fangirls just swear by it so much that I am very intrigued.

I finished season 3 of Six Feet Under a few weeks back and I'm a big fan. Great show so far!

I would watch this almost exclusively because I am a fan of Dexter. But I have heard that it may have held on for a season or two too long.
I watched the first 3, maybe 4 seasons. Its a show that Id say I liked, but I watched to keep up for the story. Its solid no doubt, but I think back then there werent as many good show and that kept me interested a season or 2 longer than neceseeary.

My brain would vote for The League, but my heart told me to vote for Terriers. Im pretty sure its cancelled, but the 1 season it got was very enjoyable if thats how it ends up

I'm a fan of Donal Logue & Shawn Ryan and it hit a 9.1 on IMDB plus it takes place in my town, which I always find to be a bonus. Didn't realize it got cancelled, I guess I am guilty of what I just posted to Rhymes.Then again it means it isn't much of a commitment, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.
Terriers was canceled but The League was renewed for season 3.

I do feel guilty, but I lack the patience to watch a show every week...except for LOST and after that debacle I vowed never again.

I do feel guilty, but I lack the patience to watch a show every week...except for LOST and after that debacle I vowed never again.
I agree. I do the same thing. South Park is about the only show I try to watch while it airs.Anyone know if Nielson is able to track shows that are DVRd?ETA: Along those lines, and maybe I am wrong on this one but, I noticed while watching Archer that they make obscure references in almost every episode, something that almost no one will understand (one that comes to mind is 'flensing knife', I think Archer threatened to disembowel Woodhouse with one). I think that is intentional so they can track google hits for it to estimate what the true viewership is, including the DVR & DL types.

I'm pretty hit / miss with Joss Whedon (feh to Buffy and Angel, liked Firefly), but Dollhouse was pretty good.

The premise is really interesting, a lot more so than Buffy to me.

The west wing is the bbest show ever. I have seen it at least seven times through as bravo used to show two episodes every morning. I could watch that show every day forever.

Wow. I know people love this show, but that's strong praise.

Another vote for Terriers here. The first few episodes aren't great, but once the plotlines start coming together it becomes something pretty special.Pissed it got the ax. :hot:

The west wing is the bbest show ever. I have seen it at least seven times through as bravo used to show two episodes every morning. I could watch that show every day forever.

Unbelievably good show.

Unbelievably good show.
Is this an Aaron Sorkin alias?

West Wing probably the best-written show ever on TV.Dollhouse has plenty of eye candy, and wouldn't take long to get through.

Early returns say it looks like a race between WW and SFU.

Voted Buffy. If you like it (and you will) try Veronica Mars (only 3 seasons) and Medium. Both are female centric but they are good shows.

Let's not get carried away now. I despised the Buffy movie and would watch the series almost exclusively because it is Joss Whedon's most successful venture, and considering how much I enjoy his unsuccessful shows I know I need to give it a shot eventually. It's funny about Buffy but the very little I saw of it during its run just didn't capture me but the fanboys & fangirls just swear by it so much that I am very intrigued.
I hate when people bring up the movie. That was garbage and I don't know anyone who actually likes it. The thing about Buffy is they have great writing and the story builds on each other. I'll be honest though, if you hate sic-fi, you'll have Buffy. If you like Sci-Fi, check out SG1.

West Wing probably the best-written show ever on TV.Dollhouse has plenty of eye candy, and wouldn't take long to get through.

Early returns say it looks like a race between WW and SFU.
Boooooooooooooooo Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I hate when people bring up the movie. That was garbage and I don't know anyone who actually likes it. The thing about Buffy is they have great writing and the story builds on each other. I'll be honest though, if you hate sic-fi, you'll have Buffy. If you like Sci-Fi, check out SG1.
Please. Sci-Fi watches me.

Six Feet Under by a mile.

By a mile no less.All due respect to Abraham but your voice carries a little more weight in this field and I'm still bitter about VISN (Abraham is Dodds, right?).

Other options make these too difficult, I didn't want to cloud the field. I put a lot of time in the entertainment threads, I know the other options SoA was a serious consideration but it didn't make this cut, it's probably one I will get to eventually.And I am already completely invested in BB. Can't wait for the next season to start.
I too was a SoA (SAMCRO to those in the know) skeptic until just a few weeks ago. Now I'm a big fan. If you like the dramatic rollercoaster of BB you'll really dig SoA. It is a very fun show to watch. Sometimes they play fast and loose with the concept of realism but the outcome is worth it.

I too was a SoA (SAMCRO to those in the know) skeptic until just a few weeks ago. Now I'm a big fan. If you like the dramatic rollercoaster of BB you'll really dig SoA. It is a very fun show to watch. Sometimes they play fast and loose with the concept of realism but the outcome is worth it.
I'm sorry but I just can't take a recommendation from a Battlestar Galactier denier.

I'm sorry but I just can't take a recommendation from a Battlestar Galactier denier.
Obviously that means I have good taste.

Obviously that means I have good taste.
Tanner, please stop.

I would disagree with this insofar as the last season of it (the 5th) was great and the series finale is probably the best I've seen for any show - it was a very thorough wrapping up of the series. It kinda lost its way I thought during the 4th season but it rebounded and closed strongly, IMO.

I would disagree with this insofar as the last season of it (the 5th) was great and the series finale is probably the best I've seen for any show - it was a very thorough wrapping up of the series. It kinda lost its way I thought during the 4th season but it rebounded and closed strongly, IMO.
The 4th season gets silly and wanders. The 5th gains steam as it progresses. The last three episodes are incredibly emotional and as just about everyone agrees, concludes with the best ending to a show ever. Even if the show wasn't that great I'd almost say it'd be worth it to get to that point. But it's definitely a top 10 show. Some of the best writing and acting you'll ever see on TV.

Archived