What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (1 Viewer)

Don't worry, pitchers and catchers report in about 10 days and the build up of Saux hype will begin.
Not too much hype with them this year. They are behind TB and NY for sure.
If i'm wrong about my sneaking suspicion that they'll somehow pull a trigger to get Hanley back and they end up even cheaping out on Oswalt, my first hotstove @ home in 30+ yrs will leave my stockings less than sanguine.

Tap

Another AFC Championship and another trip to the Super Bowl. I thought some of you guys from lesser sports cities who wish they were Boston were saying that Boston's run was over? And it seems like just a few months ago, we were celebrating the Stanley Cup championship. Oh wait, that's because it was just a few months ago that we were celebrating the Stanley Cup. Remember that? But I guess it's been a little while, and Boston is pretty much due for another title at this point. Because that's what we do here: we win championship after championship after championship, all the time.

Anyone ever figure out how Boston and their fans do it? Their run is already (by far) the best of all time, and it just keeps on going. Haters gonna hate, but every last one of them feels the jealousy and the envy in their bones when they think about the sports mecca that is Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Another loss to the Giants :lmao: :hophead: :thumbup: :lmao: :hophead: :thumbup:

Tap

Another AFC Championship and another trip to the Super Bowl. I thought some of you guys from lesser sports cities who wish they were Boston were saying that Boston's run was over? And it seems like just a few months ago, we were celebrating the Stanley Cup championship. Oh wait, that's because it was just a few months ago that we were celebrating the Stanley Cup. Remember that? But I guess it's been a little while, and Boston is pretty much due for another title at this point. Because that's what we do here: we win championship after championship after championship, all the time.

Anyone ever figure out how Boston and their fans do it? Their run is already (by far) the best of all time, and it just keeps on going. Haters gonna hate, but every last one of them feels the jealousy and the envy in their bones when they think about the sports mecca that is Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Pray tell- how do the fans do it? And what exactly is it they're doing?I have some thoughts.
We never did get an answer to this question. And whatever it is they do, they didn't do it good enough yesterday.Adebisi and Bostonfred, this loss is on youse.

Anyone ever figure out how Boston and their fans do it?
You mean suck at life AND sports?? Doesn't seem all that difficult.
:lmao: I'd love to see the rationale behind a team losing the superbowl being classified as sucking
But you were good with the rationale that Boston and their fans "win championship after championship after championship, all the time"
No. Where did I say that?

Anyone ever figure out how Boston and their fans do it?
You mean suck at life AND sports?? Doesn't seem all that difficult.
:lmao: I'd love to see the rationale behind a team losing the superbowl being classified as sucking
The Patriots have now cast their lot with the Rams and the Colts as teams that did not win the championship. At least a 2-14 season netted those teams higher draft picks, the Patriots only claim is another * as a Super Bowl loser. Ask the Bills fans, tehy'll tell you that isn't a bad spot to be in once you accept your fate.

This seems like a good spot for this:

My link
:lmao:
If it had been anyone but the Giants, i would have been thrilled with yesterday's development. My first fall in Boston in 33 yrs treated me to the junk relevance of everything Patriot being celebrated by everyone down to weekend weathergirls weighing in & it was insufferable. Especially considering that the Boston i left only held onto the franchise because the Jints wouldnt let them move to New Haven & that Billy Sullivan arranged $6 mil in stadium financing in Foxboro to leverage Boston into building one but ended up having to raise Schaefer Stadium with that ridiculous amount (i worked 2 concerts there - there was not a finished room anywhere and the wiring was of the same quality as a tripledecker in Southie), i spent the entire playoff season wanting to hurl on every benighted celebration of Pat "legacy". Official Pats hater, now - unfortunately, the only team i hate more is da Jints (its in the blood).
:goodposting:

Which is worse - the defending cup champions being 1 game away from elimination or the Red Sox blowing a 9 run lead to the Yanks the day after they stunk up the joint after the 100 year anniversery of Fenway?
And I'm barely old enough to remember the Pats' last Super Bowl win.
It was two years after the raiders last playoff appearance, iirc.
:confused: This thread is about Boston's awesomeness. Stay on track.

I grew up at Fenway - my mother would put me on the Green Line to the park starting when i was ten with 80 cents - .15 each way for the el, .50 for a bleacher seat - i would watch practice & then come out and hand out bags for a retired train porter who had a peanut cart ("Peeeenuts a daaaahm - three fo quawtah") in exchange for two bags for myself and then watch day games all summer with like 1400 others.I am happy for the defining embarassment of the last two days. Here's why:I moved back to Boston last fall after 35 yrs away. Could not believe it but, as an antennae-only consumer of TV, i dont get to see any more Sox games here than i did in Albuquerque (Games of the Week). Unconscionable. Laughed all thru today's unprecendented collapse - they can go straight to hell, for all i care.

I grew up at Fenway - my mother would put me on the Green Line to the park starting when i was ten with 80 cents - .15 each way for the el, .50 for a bleacher seat - i would watch practice & then come out and hand out bags for a retired train porter who had a peanut cart ("Peeeenuts a daaaahm - three fo quawtah") in exchange for two bags for myself and then watch day games all summer with like 1400 others.
I'll never forget - mid 70s or so when I was a kid - the peanut vendor with the broken English outside of Fenway. Definitely not a native Bostonian. He never broke cadence for three hours.

"PEE nuts ... Pih STACHHH eeos ... Frrrrrrrresh nuts here."

I grew up at Fenway - my mother would put me on the Green Line to the park starting when i was ten with 80 cents - .15 each way for the el, .50 for a bleacher seat - i would watch practice & then come out and hand out bags for a retired train porter who had a peanut cart ("Peeeenuts a daaaahm - three fo quawtah") in exchange for two bags for myself and then watch day games all summer with like 1400 others.
I'll never forget - mid 70s or so when I was a kid - the peanut vendor with the broken English outside of Fenway. Definitely not a native Bostonian. He never broke cadence for three hours.

I remember that guy, his wife used to work with him too. Peenuts, pihstachheos, hot pretzels! He'd be at North Station as well.

Is Adebesi ok?

Is he thinking to himself 'I singlehandedly brought back the Boston curse with this gloat thread?'

Are Bill Buckner, Wade Boggs and Adebisi currently in the throes of a nationwide Mano Y Mano Y Mano, Worlds Most Dangerous Game Manhunt?

Stay tuned for these and more stories from Sucktown USA!

I remember that guy, his wife used to work with him too. Peenuts, pihstachheos, hot pretzels! He'd be at North Station as well.
HEY ICE CREAM !!!!!!!!!!!

HEY ICE CREAM !!!!!!!!!!!
Beeya heeya

A-Rud is correct. I grew up a BoSox fan, but lost interest almost altogether following the 2004 season. I am a little embarrassed to admit that, but not really. Seeing your team pull through after lifetimes of failure is awesome. :thumbup: Seeing your team outspend everyone is not. :shrug:

But in the end, "game 162 happened," but hey, so did 2004 and 2007. Mark them down as just two more drops in the Boston Championship Ocean.

Sorry I've been slacking on the posting, fellas.

Boston College wins Frozen Four Championship
You and Fred must be exhausted.
You do get tired staying up late for some of these games, but the excitement of seeing your team win never gets old.
Its tough telling your wife, I need to go out again tonight to watch the championship game, its a once in a lifetime opportunity, when it just keeps happening.

You do get tired staying up late for some of these games, but the excitement of seeing your team win never gets old.
Its tough telling your wife, I need to go out again tonight to watch the championship game, its a once in a lifetime opportunity, when it just keeps happening.
Isn't touting a college hockey championship the same as getting geeked up over a Boston team winning the Beanpot?

Isn't touting a college hockey championship the same as getting geeked up over a Boston team winning the Beanpot?
beanpot is a tourney for bragging rights in Boston.not sure how that's at all similar to winning an NCAA Division 1 Championship against the best teams in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread