What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (1 Viewer)

Lol at all the schadenfreude in tnis thread. Boston sends yet another team to a championship series nd you guys are all excite because they lost a game on a technicality. Sick burn, guys.

I don't get what all the issue is here. The Boston teams lost two games on what appears to be correct calls, similar to the tuck rule, which at the time, was also a correct call.

The only tragedy as mentioned earlier was 1976 which had a FIFA corruption feel to it.

You're supposed to hate the Yankees and not the Red Sox.
:goodposting: At least the Red Sox let their players have facial hair if they want to. (particularly remembering the emasculation of Johnny Damon here).
You can thank all the M#######s for the Red Sox being about as hated as the Yankees.
Sometimes I feel bad for sports fans in other towns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/deceased-fan-asked-for-browns-pallbearers-so-they-could-let-him-down-one-more-time/

Now that the Celtics have tipped off ...

This is the first time ever that the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics all have been in regular-season or postseason play at the same time.

Cool Boston sports pic...

Another Banner Year
That's awesome. Must be nice knowing that the total number of championships for Boston in the 4 major sports is 7 higher than what the Yankees alone have won.

Congrats, Boston!
Only 3 behind NY on number of total championships if you go with Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, Giants. Which I believe is the current way most of the Yankee fans go. Before 2000 it was probably closer to a 10.

Its been almost 30 years since the Miami Dolphins were in the Super Bowl.

In 1984, the Dolphins had a hall of fame head coach and an incredible young QB named Dan Marino. That should have been the formula for stacking Super Bowls on top of Super Bowls. The Dolphins had been to 5 Super Bowls, winning two, including the only perfect season.

1985 was the turning point for the Dolphins and Patriots. The Patriots would topple the Dolphins in the AFC Championship game and reach their very first Super Bowl. Since that day, the Patriots have been to the Super Bowl an amazing 7 times, tops among all teams in the AFC. The Dolphins have yet to return in about 3 decades.

I think it started there in 1985.

There's a little kid out there right now, throwing a ball, who some day is going to take over for Garofalo after his HOF career. Just as Garofalo took over for Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread