What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Replacement Owner Needed for BASEBALL League (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
I'm the commissioner of a 5x5 AL-only roto auction league with 10 teams. The league's been around for several years and has a very good core, but one owner did unfortunately announce recently that he's not coming back next season. Rather than leave that team frozen for the rest of the season, I'd love to find a replacement owner. There's no obligation for this season; you can join, run the team as you see fit, and hopefully come back in 2012 with your new-look roster.

The existing team is in seventh place out of ten, probably out of it for a prize spot this season (but not definitely), and has some decent keepers for next season. The roster is very ripe for some trading down the stretch to amass more keepers and come back strong next year.

League details: $100 entry fee (again, no charge for the replacement owner for the rest of 2011), auction/draft is in April about a week after the season starts (with stats retroactive to Opening Day) via CBS Sportsline software, so there's no draft to attend in person, fun yet very competitive league with lots of camaraderie and no one taking themselves too seriously, fairly standard deep keeper setup with rosters of 23 active players (14 position players, 9 pitchers) and 17 reserve spots, free agency throughout the season with an initial budget of $100 FAAB, $260 cap on draft day, $300 cap in-season, September roster expansion of one hitter and/or one pitcher, each team must keep minimum five players from the previous season (including minor leaguers) and may keep up to ten. The stats of players traded to the NL during the season do continue to count until season's end.

Looking for an owner who knows the AL, plays well with others, and is comfortable with the format; any geographic location welcome. You don't have to have played for 20 years, but some AL-only roto auction league experience is probably helpful.

If you're interested in further details, I'd be very happy to provide them. Shoot me an e-mail at wavery2001@yahoo.com, PM me, or post here. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread