What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL and yahoo emails (1 Viewer)

eakfootball

Footballguy
The emails from MFL have been getting to me late in all my leagues. It is just over the last few weeks, but most emails are late some 4-5 days after they should have been sent. I recall this also happening last year. Some other people in my leagues with yahoo addresses said they had the same thing. Anyone know whats going on? Is it happening to you too?

This is evidently happening again this year between MFL and Yahoo. I believe I read last year that is had something to do with Yahoo's spam filtering process? I started using my ISP mail account for MFL.

Absolute nightmare.

I actually just made up a "teamname"@gmail.com account and set that up to forward to my yahoo email.

Yes. MFL does not like yahoo email addresses and it is going to spam folders. Happened to 4 of my owners this year.

Yup, back to having delays. Already swapped back to gmail forwarding. Can confirm it's actually delayed and not just going to spam.

Mine are just being delayed, not going to spam folder. It's weird because about 2 weeks ago it was working just fine and now its messed up again, like it was last year.

I think they are originally filtered as potential spam and then eventually sent through, hence the delay.

Yes. MFL does not like yahoo email addresses and it is going to spam folders. Happened to 4 of my owners this year.
It's the other way around. Yahoo sees a large volume of mail start up from MFL and they categorize them as spammers each year until they get yelled at enough. MFL doesn't have anything to do with the issue.

I had this issue in the past, created a gmail account, updated my MFL profile to reflect the new email address and now, no more delays.

I think they are originally filtered as potential spam and then eventually sent through, hence the delay.
Nope because I've been checking my spam and haven't gotten anything.
They may only deliver to your spam folder mail that they suspect is spam but aren't sure.If they blackball an entire site as being spam, they may filter it out completely and not deliver you anything from it. Or in this case possibly, not deliver it until several days later when someone goes through it and discovers it isn't spam.

If anyone is having issues with Gmail sending MFL emails to spam, you can create a filter to bypass it.

Go to Settings - Gear looking drop down menu tab in the upper right corner.

Select Filters - in the header bar.

Select Create New Filter

In the section Has The Words (leave the rest blank), add your leagues name.

Select Create Filter with this Search

Check the box Never Send it to Spam - 3rd from the bottom.

Then click Create Filter

I was having some issues with Gmail sending waiver and trade emails to spam and so far this has taken care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread