What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Ulitmate Survivor Round 1 League 7 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

da_budman

Footballguy
Thought I'd get this thread started.

Here's a quick link to the league wesite:survivor league 7

And here are your participants:

Draft Order:

1. spOOfy

2. Sigmund Bloom

3. Wrigley

4. McBokonon

5. Fullback Fro

6. Reaper

7. FF Ninja

8. Hoos First

9. Dave Larkin

10. da_budman

11. Notorious T.R.E.

12. Da Guru

Draft is in about 3 hours. Good luck getlemen.

Not terrible:

1. Campbell, Jason OAK QB 8

2. Collins, Kerry FA* QB

3. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB 7

4. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 11

5. Forte, Matt CHI RB 8

6. Gerhart, Toby MIN RB 9

7. Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 9

8. Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB ® 8

9. Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 11

10. Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 8

11. Harvin, Percy MIN WR 9

12. Jennings, Greg GBP WR 8

13. Johnson, Steve BUF WR 7

14. Knox, Johnny CHI WR 8

15. Robiskie, Brian CLE WR 5

16. Thomas, Mike JAC WR 9

17. Washington, Nate TEN WR 6

18. Beckum, Travis NYG TE 7

19. Daniels, Owen HOU TE 11

20. Miller, Heath PIT TE 11

21. Kaeding, Nate SDC PK 6

22. Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 11

23. Bears, Chicago CHI Def 8

24. Giants, New York NYG Def 7

The draft is complete and for better or worse, this is my team.

Player Bye Drafted

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 7 9.10

Smith, Alex SFO QB - 7 23.10

Vick, Michael PHI QB - 7 2.03

Love my QB's HATE that I took Vick in the 2nd round... That put me behind the 8 ball at RB, which, in turn, hurt me some in general wr depth

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 7 3.10

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 8 5.10

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB- 9 11.10

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB - 6 6.03

Snelling, Jason ATL RB - 8 18.03

Sproles, Darren NOS RB - 11 12.03

Not a single top notch in the group. Hated to take Bradshaw in the 3rd and would have easily passed him over had I taken a rb in rounds 1 or 2. No depth to speak of. Overall a sub par group.

Avery, Donnie STL WR - 5 24.03

Bennett, Earl CHI WR - 8 13.10

Britt, Kenny TEN WR (P) - 6 7.10

Edwards, Braylon SFO WR - 7 10.03

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR - 8 4.03

Johnson, Calvin DET WR - 9 1.10

overall Im pretty happy with my wr's, except for the fact that there arent enough of them.

Celek, Brent PHI TE - 7 14.03

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 9 8.03

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE- 9 16.03

The good news is I think this group should do ok for me. With only one spot in the roster, I think I will do fine here. Moved a little early on Lewis but I think he is the top receiver on Jax and I wanted him.

Crosby, Mason GBP PK - 8 17.10

Hartley, Garrett NOS PK - 11 20.03

Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 9 22.03

2 kickers in great offenses and a 3rd just for fun. With my luck I will get only extra points out of the top 2 and nothing from the 3rd. On paper they are probably the best group.

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def- 6 19.10

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def- 11 15.10

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

3 defenses, none horrible... Here's hoping for the best.

The plus: By design I have nobody of substance with a bye week. This should help offset the obvious lack of depth at some positions.

The Minus: I would like to have this team in a redraft league but in best ball format im not sure I have the depth to get it done. We shall see.

Good luck to everybody who drafted tonight. !! :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
And for my sucky team:

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Henne, Chad MIA QB

Love Brees, but wish I would have waited on taking a QB

Hunter, Kendall SFO RB

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

My team needs MJD and CJ to play or Im done. Maybe a big play from Spiller or Stewart will help if they dont.

Berrian, Bernard MIN WR

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Gibson, Brandon STL WR

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Jones, James GBP WR

Rice, Sidney SEA WR

Simpson, Jerome CIN WR

Smith, Torrey BAL WR

Williams, Mike TBB WR

Dont like the WR's I took early, so I decided just to draft a bunch of them and pray for many 80 yard TD's.

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Heap, Todd ARI TE

Ho hum, could be worse.

Barth, Connor TBB PK

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK

Longwell, Ryan MIN PK

Ho hum, could be worse.

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Should give me some good scores.

Dont see myself making it to week 6 unless some good things happen.

Ha! It ranks me as #2. But really all that's doing is comparing where you drafted players in comparison to their ADP. We both got a lot of "steals" according to ADP, which is why we're at the top.

Newton, Cam CAR QB ® - 9 13.02Romo, Tony DAL QB - 5 6.11Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB - 8 10.11Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB - 8 2.11Carter, Delone IND RB ® - 11 14.11Foster, Arian HOU RB - 11 1.02Ingram, Mark NOS RB ® (P) - 11 3.02McGahee, Willis DEN RB - 6 8.11Washington, Leon SEA RB - 6 24.11Branch, Deion NEP WR - 7 12.11Manningham, Mario NYG WR - 7 5.02Morgan, Josh SFO WR - 7 22.11Royal, Eddie DEN WR (P) - 6 17.02Smith, Steve CAR WR (P) - 9 7.02Ward, Hines PIT WR - 11 11.02Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 11 4.11Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE - 7 9.02Miller, Zach SEA TE - 6 15.02Moore, Evan CLE TE (Q) - 5 18.11Akers, David SFO PK - 7 20.11Bironas, Rob TEN PK - 6 21.02Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 6 16.11Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 9 23.02Raiders, Oakland OAK Def - 8 19.02
definitely a draft that you had to have an open mind for...with non ppr and no flex I was going RB-RB-RB. Wanted Peterson at #2 b/c of early schedule, but I was happy to get Foster. Blount and Ingram were my targets at the 2-3 turn and I got both.Wayne was a gift at 4.11, guess we're worried about Collins? Manningham might seem like a reach, but he's a big play guy and NYG early sked is very soft. I was hoping maybe a Lloyd or Holmes would slip there, but still fine with that start at WR b/c of nonPPR de-emphasizing position.Romo and Smiff at the next turn, just fine by me. Love Smiff's big play potential and I'll take the bye week hit on Romo when I can get him that late.McGahee was an easy pick as a GL back at 8.11 with RBs drying up fast. Gronk is tailor-made for this kind of best-ball/all-play format. as long as he is heavily involved in red zone again, i think he'll be a terrific return on 9.2. I wanted to wait a while b/c of depth at TE, but couldnt pass him up here, especially with NE offense looking like they will take no prisoners a la 2007.Sanchez was a bit of a reach, wanted Cutler b/c of early sked vs pass, but it wasnt in the cards. Sanchez will be decent, but lacks big upside. Happy to get Ward, he's looking good and is probably vastly underrated by all of us lately.Branch at 12.11 to get another piece of NE and Newton to help with Romo's bye and also maybe get a huge game or two b/c of his running abilityCarter at 14.11 hoping he'l get GL touches or Addai gets dinged early. Man does this format de-emphasize RB depth. Happy to get Zach Miller as backup TE, although I wanted Celek or Heath Miller.SD def, gets some great weak home opponents to start MIN-KC-MIA, Eddie Royal, does no one realize that he is starting and looking better this year? Evan Moore, hope he stays at TE in software, either way, looking great in red zone and overall, just needs to stay healthy. OAK D, can be very rough on opponents at home + good returners, Akers, still a gold standard kicker, Bironas too, kicking scoring is actually pumped up a little in this format. Morgan is the only receiver Smith has previous chemistry with on the SF roster. CAR just hoping for a strong game or two, Leon Washington, looking like his old self and might be one of the steals of every draft - if he is even drafted...

on the whole I have to say I like FF Ninja's team a lot - he sniped me at least 4 or 5 times. Fro was also strong as always.

bloom swiped me 4 times:

Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB - 8 10.11

McGahee, Willis DEN RB - 6 8.11

Morgan, Josh SFO WR - 7 22.11

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 11 4.11

I can't log onto that website from work, but I believe this is my team:

Cutler

Orton

Garrard

Cutler is going to be awesome all year. I may not be able to land him if I'm drafting again after week 5. Garrard (and Orton to a small extent) may lose their jobs, but not by week 5. I think this should be a potent trio landed at bargain prices. Speaking of bargain, props to whoever snagged Beck in like round 22. If Garrard was gone, that's who I'd have taken.

Ray Rice

Frank Gore

Brandon Jacobs

Michael Bush

Stevan Ridley

Took this week 5 hit on Rice to land him at #7. Gore may always get injured but puts up elite numbers until he does. I'm banking he makes it at least 5 weeks. I like Jacobs, Bush, and Ridley's chances at the goal line. I only need 2 out of 5 to put up points each week...

Brandon Lloyd

Chad Ochocinco

Austin Collie

Lance Moore

Devin Hester

Davone Bess

Donald Jones

I really like my top 5. I am not huge on Lloyd but found him to be great value, the other 4 were specific targets. I tried to sleep on a couple guys and got bitten on my WR6 and WR7, but Bess is serviceable and Jones was my 24th round flier. Should start for Buffalo.

Antonio Gates

Kevin Boss

Dennis Pitta

Hoping Gates can put up 5 strong weeks before the foot becomes too much to deal with. Campbell does well with TEs. I was hoping for Evan Moore late, but I like Dennis Pitta.

I took 3 kickers and 3 defenses. Did not put enough thought into them to recall who they were. The kickers are starters, though. Unlike two of the three Cowboys kickers selected...

Wait, we already drafted?
Tell me about it.... I went from Toddler Time to Lost Password to Mother In Law Visit...MIL: "You think I can use the computer soon?""what are you doing for so long on the computer"me: :rant:Hence the lack of chatter.... I was way under-medicated for this draft.I'll try to sift through the ruins later and write it up but, Fro nabbed everyone. I had to laugh when he commented that I took CLE D from him Ugggh!!!!

Code:
Beck, John WAS QB	-	5	24.08Bradford, Sam STL QB	-	5	10.08Schaub, Matt HOU QB	-	11	7.05Barber, Marion CHI RB	-	8	14.08Greene, Shonn NYJ RB 	-	8	3.05Jones, Felix DAL RB	-	5	4.08Mendenhall, R PIT RB	-	11	1.05Redman, Isaac PIT RB	-	11	16.08Brown, Antonio PIT WR	-	11	19.05Burleson, Nate DET WR	-	9	11.05Jones, Julio ATL WR (R)	-	8	6.08Little, Greg CLE WR (R)	-	5	13.05Meachem, Robert NOS WR -	11	9.05Nelson, Jordy GBP WR	-	8	8.08Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR	-	7	2.08Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR  -	11	18.08Finley, Jermichael GBP TE -	8	5.05Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE	-	7	12.08Kendricks, Lance STL TE  -	5	15.05Folk, Nick NYJ PK	-	8	20.08Hanson, Jason DET PK    -	9	21.05Bengals, CinCIN Def	-	7	17.05Bills, Buffalo BUF Def	-	7	22.08Jaguars, Jax JAC Def	-	9	23.05

I really went into this draft with an old school mentality due to the archaeic scoring. It reminded me of 2001. In 2001 what do you do? Pound RB's early and often. Three of my first four picks were RB and that reallt allowed me to grab values in later rounds as other teams were reaching for questionable RB talent. I wanted 3 good ones, that could score for me the first 5 weeks,

QB's - Decent enough. Shaub was the last of the 2nd tier guys and he should be good enough to hold server. Bradford is getting overvalued this year but is solid as a backup. Beck was my last round pick as a flyer.

RB - Really like Mendenhall and Greene in this format. Yards and TD's and these two guys are in the right offenses with skill sets to capitalize on their opps. Felix Jones is doing all the right things right now. I was considering Wells here as another RB play. I almost passed both of them up for Austin. In hindsight I should of grabbed Austin and then grabbed Wells a round later if I knew he would have fallen that far. Barber has been having a renewed spirit in CHI and could see goal line work. Isaac Redman is purely insurance for my first round pick.

WR. - I love this core and they should put of nice TD totals for me. Sanders is the only ? at this point but I thought pairing him with A.Brown could lead to dividends.

TE - Finley is really nice, but backing him up with Hernandez and Kendricks should give me an nice advantage here at the position.

I think I have 50% chance of making the final 4.

Let's have a looksee. Two of the favorites after the draft are bringing up the rear, we have a staff member actually contending and yours truly is inexplicably in the hunt.

Reaper 21-1-0

Wrigley 20-2-0

McBokonon 17-5-0

Sigmund Bloom 16-6-0

spOOfy 13-9-0

da_budman 10-12-0

Dave Larkin 8-14-0

Da Guru 7-15-0

Hoos First 7-15-0

Notorious T.R.E. 6-16-0

FF Ninja 6-16-0

Fullback Fro 1-21-0