What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Jacobs Ejection Cost Him Touches? (1 Viewer)

VikingFrog

Footballguy
I feel like Jacobs has been running hard this preseason and there have been hints that he is in line to receive more touches going into this season.

After last night's ejection do you think that he could possibly lose some of these touches?

It's not like this guy has been in the coaches good graces the past few years.

Were all the extra touches he earned eradicated by last nights stupid ejection?

It was pretty ticky tacky stuff that he got ejected for, but if you think about it they got stopped on 3rd and goal and 4th and goal after he left. I assume the coaches would have left him in there to score that TD and if you assume a big back like him would have gotten in, he cost them a touchdown last night when they needed the momentum. The guy needs to keep his head on his shoulers.... and his helmet out of the stands if he wants to keep earning these touches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Jacobs has been running hard this preseason and their have been hints that he is in line to receive more touches going into this season.

After last night's ejection do you think that he could possibly lose some of these touches.

It's not like this guy has been in the coaches good graces the past few years.

Were all the extra touches he earned eradicated by last nights stupid ejection?

It was pretty ticky tacky stuff that he got ejected for, but if you think about it they got stopped on 3rd and goal and 4th and goal after he left. I assume the coaches would have left him in there to score that TD and if you assume a big back like him would have gotten in, he cost them a touchdown last night when they needed the momentum. They guy needs to keep his head on his shoulers.... and his helmet out of the stands if he wants to keep earning these touches.
Here's your answer.Being a gigantic doosh hasn't cost him touches in the past. No reason to think it will in the future, unless he's suspended or kicked off the team.

Absolutely not. In fact, compared to last year, he'll get more touches. Coughlin will probably yell at him, but Jacobs has been looking AMAZING and is ready to build off of last year's strong year. He may want to learn not to try to punch a helmet tho, because that won't accomplish much.

Iirc the helmet incident did hurt him last year, leading to talk of him demanding a trade. Wasn't until Bradshaw's fumbleitis acted up that Jacobs began to peek his head out of the doghouse.

Iirc the helmet incident did hurt him last year, leading to talk of him demanding a trade. Wasn't until Bradshaw's fumbleitis acted up that Jacobs began to peek his head out of the doghouse.
Thats what I remembered, but looking at his game logs, from Week 4 on, only once did he have back to back games that he didnt have double digit carries.Week Date Opp Score Att Yds

1 Sep 12 CAR W 31-18 12 44

2 Sep 19 @ IND L 14-38 4 8

3 Sep 26 TEN L 10-29 4 17

4 Oct 3 CHI W 17-3 6 62

5 Oct 10 @ HOU W 34-10 10 41

6 Oct 17 DET W 28-20 9 35

7 Oct 25 @ DAL W 41-35 12 75

8 bye

9 Nov 7 @ SEA W 41-7 11 78

10 Nov 14 DAL L 20-33 5 17

11 Nov 21 @ PHI L 17-27 5 10

12 Nov 28 JAC W 24-20 14 87

13 Dec 5 WAS W 31-7 8 103

14 Dec 13 @ MIN W 21-3 14 116

15 Dec 19 PHI L 31-38 12 34

16 Dec 26 @ GNB L 17-45 8 47

17 Jan 2 @ WAS W 17-14 13 49

That play specifically won't cost him but being too tempermental will. He can't help it, he'll do something to kill off the positive buzz everyone is feeling about him this preseason.

He makes me really nervous. I took Bradshaw at the start of the 3rd round, and I'm coming to the conclusion that it may have been a wasted pick. I really hate PPR situations, and I think this one is probably full blown at this point.

It's funny, as IIRC, Jacobs has been in Coughlin's doghouse before -- especially as he began being very vocal about what he felt was a limited role in the rushing game.

But being in the doghouse is another thing from actually getting penalized by the HC by seeing less field time, and Kenny Powers did a nice job pulling stats to show that wasn't the cause.

Jacobs seems like he's approaching his job with new hunger and dedication, and getting fired up and getting ejected/fined/stirring up things in the preseason is much different than losing control and costing the team in games where it counts. Look at Suh -- not condoning his actions, but they seem to be more of a motivating factor than a distracting factor in the preseason.

And I think it's the same with Jacobs. He's just showing his moxie and his willingness to inject a renewed sense of aggression in his play, which is, after all, part of his role as the power back.

If he continues in the season to get ejected, sure his playing time will be affected. But I don't think it affects his very defined role -- and usefulness -- in the Giants offense.

He's definitely the value play that I'd rather draft in the Giants backfield.

I wouldn't touch Jacobs unless he was a HUGE value. And I missed the game, what happened that got him tossed?
As a Bradshaw owner I'm VERY worried that Jacobs is gonna get close to an even share of the carries this season. He's looked very good in 1st team action this pre-season and last year he actually had a better ypc (an impressive 5.6), and outscored Bradshaw in TDs 9 to 8. I think he's excellent value for where he's going in drafts now.In the game he got into with a defender after the whistle (not sure what happened. He threw a punch to some rookie's helmet and there was a brief exchange. Both got ejected.

I wouldn't touch Jacobs unless he was a HUGE value. And I missed the game, what happened that got him tossed?
As a Bradshaw owner I'm VERY worried that Jacobs is gonna get close to an even share of the carries this season. He's looked very good in 1st team action this pre-season and last year he actually had a better ypc (an impressive 5.6), and outscored Bradshaw in TDs 9 to 8. I think he's excellent value for where he's going in drafts now.In the game he got into with a defender after the whistle (not sure what happened. He threw a punch to some rookie's helmet and there was a brief exchange. Both got ejected.
Ditto. I own Bradshaw and am expecting about what I got out of him at the end of last season, not the beginning.I'm starting Beanie over him in week 1.

Users who are viewing this thread