What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis (2 Viewers)

I'm in a close one & just had to swap in Ty Montgomery for Michael Thomas(listed as inactive.)

Thinking about inserting Dion over Ingram now.

He had 2 carries but hasn't played a snap since then....I take it he's done for the night 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats don't show all their tricks when they play the Ravens in the regular season in case they meet up in the playoffs.  Lewis will go off in the playoffs though but of course that doesn't help anyone in fantasy.

Pats don't show all their tricks when they play the Ravens in the regular season in case they meet up in the playoffs.  Lewis will go off in the playoffs though but of course that doesn't help anyone in fantasy.
Agreed, he'll play a part down the road.. and he's working up to mid-season form, not there yet.

You should own Blount! lol He's been back FOUR games, they've given him a few carries and receptions here and there. He's a dynamic open field player, as we've seen all the way back to last year- he'll be involved, but the Pats could care less about fantasy. Like Hu-Tang implied, the Pats do these kind of things quite often, chances are he'll be more involved, just wait and see. Blount, White, and Lewis: very good trio right there.

If NE can run Blount against BALT they can run Blount against anyone. This isn't going to change.

I think this gets back to their loss @DEN last year. Couldn't run a lick. Add to the mix the return of O-line coach extraordinaire Dante Scharnechia and you have a team that is much more committed to power running when it counts.

NE probably also learned their lesson not to overuse Lewis.

This is all good for NE but bad for owners of D. Lewis.

Thinking of cutting him for Farrow or Asiata in a PPR.  I know I'm not playing Lewis this week, and can't see myself having much confidence in him if I get to championship.

Thinking of cutting him for Farrow or Asiata in a PPR.  I know I'm not playing Lewis this week, and can't see myself having much confidence in him if I get to championship.
Have to agree with this.  He's unstartable to me having shown nothing to this point.  Even if he goes off this week, and I made it to the championship with him on the bench, I couldn't start him with confidence barring injury to White or Bloundt.

Since Lewis came back, he ranks as the #38 RB in PPR leagues with 28.40 points scored. White ranks as RB 27 with 43.30 points. It is looking like the Pats will continue to use both guys, which will limit both of their fantasy values.

Oddly enough, Lewis has had more touches (19 carries and 12 receptions to 5 carries and 17 receptions for White), but White has done more with less.

Since Lewis came back, he ranks as the #38 RB in PPR leagues with 28.40 points scored. White ranks as RB 27 with 43.30 points. It is looking like the Pats will continue to use both guys, which will limit both of their fantasy values.

Oddly enough, Lewis has had more touches (19 carries and 12 receptions to 5 carries and 17 receptions for White), but White has done more with less.
Dion is being brought back slowly. 81 snaps for Dion vs. 108 for White. I agree he's not a good fantasy play this year, but he's still a better player than White. I would not want to own White in dynasty.

This is the week, fellas. I won't be starting him as have better options, but this is the week. The tough defenses coming up will be good for Dion usage and he's just about in football shape now. Dion about to be unleashed ... getting him ready for playoffs.  :yes:
OK, I have to come in here and say that Bayhawks (and others I am forgetting possibly was right about this situation. I was wrong. I fully expected to see Dion utilized a la 2015 tonight. I am still keeping him on my bench until I see a 15+ point game, and since I am in week1-week2 of playoffs in all leagues Dion Lewis was pretty much an avoid this year, barring some breakout in the next 2 weeks. I had him on IR until week11 and stashed him on the end of my bench all season, so I have to eat some crow here. :ptts:  

I wasted a bench spot in all leagues on this guy, and while I didn't play him I could have picked up better guys like Tyreek Hill. Dion 2015 <> Dion 2016. Wasted draft pick.

I still know Dion is better than White, but maybe BB is saving him for the playoffs because he knows he doesn't have to unleash him. That is my attempt at a sane read on this.

I'm still holding out hope that they unleash him this week in DEN as a revenge game for last year's playoffs. I believe Denver has been exploited by pass catching backs before... I suppose it's a matter of which one that is on NE.

RenegadeRoy said:
I'm still holding out hope that they unleash him this week in DEN as a revenge game for last year's playoffs.
I wouldn't bet the farm on this. It's possible Dion explodes, but White is simply looking too good and too effective. 

Cutting bait.  Picked him up and stashed him, but it's just not happening.  Had Gabriel but cut him for Mitchell.  Wish I would have cut Lewis instead.  Oh well...

not that I needed it, but Lewis was just robbed of a TD on replay. He should have 10 points in the 2nd Q right now. Nice to see him finally starting to get used.

He looked good, not as explosive as in the past maybe, but very good. He actually runs well between the tackles, career high in carries, over 80 yards. He says he's finally healthy. And yes, he did break the plane for a TD but they didn't challenge and Blount quickly got his 16th (a record).

He was good for 10.40 in standard last week and he's got the Jets. I'm so tempted, but I can'tell bring myself to flex out Freeman or Hyde. I dunno. I think I should but Belichick is too unpredictable with usage. 

Dang :unsure:

So who's rolling him out this week in your championship game? I'm considering plugging him in over Booker, Coleman, Cobb, Pryor, and Sheppard in a PPR league. Am I cray cray? 

Don't think i can do it. McCoy is my RB1. Ware, Miller, and Lewis are my other backs. May go 4 WRs instead. Or 3 WR and 2 TE Kelce and Brate. TEs in my league get 1.5 pts for 10 yds.

So who's rolling him out this week in your championship game? I'm considering plugging him in over Booker, Coleman, Cobb, Pryor, and Sheppard in a PPR league. Am I cray cray? 
High risk, high reward. I wouldn't call you crazy for starting him over that crop of fodder, but I wouldn't feel real confident rolling him out either, even though he got a lot of usage last week. He might need to rest up a little and they have plenty of other options. None of the other guys are even in the top100 flex. Booker is trash. Coleman trash; Cobb trash; Pryor has fallen off a cliff, but maybe top100,coming off two bad games and facing another tough matchup? Sheppard? I would never count on Eli for my Championship, but this is the closest consideration. Think of Dion as a low end RB2 with upside (top24RB) Top60 flex play in PPR.

This will be a clear case of it depends what your other options are.

I found it a little odd that NE used Lewis a lot running the ball but much receiving. White was much more active as a receiver (although his stats don't really show it).

PPR league here too and I'm taking the plunge... although my flex options are pretty poor (Kbenji, Beasley.... not much else).

I think he can have a solid game against the Jets. Pats might be dialing down on Blount usage to keep him fresh for playoff pounding and Lewis has looked good. White might suddenly be the odd man out this week after a couple of drops last week.

Jets are ranked 12 vs. RBs in DVOA vs. the pass, if that helps. Third vs. the rush.

The problem is usage. If Anarchy99 is right, and White gets used against the pass, Lewis is facing a very strong defense against the run. 

Problem is, I didn't think the Jets linebackers were that good right now.  But Leonard Williams is a beast, Wilkerson and Richardson former all-pros.  

A month ago against the Jets, NE RBs had 91 rushing yards and 9 receptions for 61 receiving yards and no TD (split between Blount, Lewis, White, and Devlin). For PPR folks, the good news was there were 19 targets to RBs. Lewis went for 58 yfs with 4 catches. I doubt they stop using White, so people are really banking that Lewis finds the end zone.

Same PPR dilemma as most. Considering my RB2 options are Riddick, Dion, and Dixon, I may have no choice. 

Dion the highest upside (assuming Riddick is out) but considering his week 14 performance nearly outed me, I am certainly apprehensive. 

With Riddick still not practicing I'm debating between Lewis & McKinnon to replace him. I REALLYYYYYYYYYYY wanna start Lewis because I have mad amount of :wub:  for the guy but McKinnon has just been loading up double-digit games in PPR and only has Asiata to contend with for touches assuming Peterson is out which seems pretty likely now. But Lewis in a game where the Pats could be putting up a lot of points coming off how good he looked last week is so tempting.  

Rolling with him. 

1. He's a dual threat...so he can get on the field for any situation. He won't be stymied by 3rd and long or 3rd and short.

2. It's the Jets.

3. (According to a post above) White dropped a couple of balls. Hopefully, he'll feel the wrath of BB and sit.

4. With White and Blount playing the entire year....hopefully BB sees this as a game to get Lewis into midseason form and ready for the playoffs. 

5. They still need to win to clinch Home Field.

With Riddick still not practicing I'm debating between Lewis & McKinnon to replace him. I REALLYYYYYYYYYYY wanna start Lewis because I have mad amount of :wub:  for the guy but McKinnon has just been loading up double-digit games in PPR and only has Asiata to contend with for touches assuming Peterson is out which seems pretty likely now. But Lewis in a game where the Pats could be putting up a lot of points coming off how good he looked last week is so tempting.  
The Patriots have averaged 22 ppg against the Jets in 7 games since 2013 (scoring 30 points once). The current line of 17 points seems crazy to me. Given the O/U, Vegas in essence is saying NE will win 31-14. That seems like it could happen, but it seems more likely not to happen. The Jets have lost 5 games this year by 17+ and NE has won 3 times by 17+ (none since Gronk went down). Weather is calling for 90% chance of rain and winds at 10-15 mph and temp in the low 40's. The Jets usually play the Pats tough no matter what their record is.

McKinnon has ranked as RB13 over the past month. IMO, he is the safer play. And despite Lewis looking good last week, McKinnon outscored Lewis by almost 4 points. The weather in GB is forecast to be dry will little wind and just above freezing (so the weather should have little impact on the game).

The Patriots have averaged 22 ppg against the Jets in 7 games since 2013 (scoring 30 points once). The current line of 17 points seems crazy to me. Given the O/U, Vegas in essence is saying NE will win 31-14. That seems like it could happen, but it seems more likely not to happen. The Jets have lost 5 games this year by 17+ and NE has won 3 times by 17+ (none since Gronk went down). Weather is calling for 90% chance of rain and winds at 10-15 mph and temp in the low 40's. The Jets usually play the Pats tough no matter what their record is.

McKinnon has ranked as RB13 over the past month. IMO, he is the safer play. And despite Lewis looking good last week, McKinnon outscored Lewis by almost 4 points. The weather in GB is forecast to be dry will little wind and just above freezing (so the weather should have little impact on the game).
Yup, McKinnon is safer and has been more productive. I like Lewis' matchup better, though. A lot more in fact. I think the Patriots steamroll the Jets so it's just a question of where the points come from and, as always, what in the hell Belichick decides to do with his RBs which nobody will have any real clue about at all. We're all just guessing on that. I'm not worried any weather issues. It's the Patriots and Brady against a team that's just wilting, especially with their pass defense (and Lewis caught 4 passes against them in the first game). 

Right now I'm leaning McKinnon due to the safety factor but like I said I really wanna start Lewis. Really really really wanna do it. 

How many totes are we expecting? Still a crapshoot?

I'm debating Lewis/McKinnon as well but non-ppr. It's TD or bust. FWIW, Thielen and Diggs look likely to suit up.

Users who are viewing this thread