Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFA Song Wars Master Thread- Voting Begins

Fullback Fro

64 Guys get matched up in a NCAA Tourney style bracket selected randomly. You pick a song to go to battle with in each round. Then you get matched up H2H vs your opponent. Polls stay open for 48 hours.No polls on the weekend.

Song Requirements:

Must provide a link to stream the song.

Video can be included but should not be accounted for as criteria during the judging.

In the unlikely event that the same song is selected by another person in the same round, a coin will be flipped and the loser will be instructed to choose a new song.

Once a song has been chosen, it will not be allowed to be used again unless the original selector chooses to use it in subsequent rounds.

Once a entrant abandons a song for a new one, all previously selected songs are eliminated from further selection. In other-words, Use it or Lose it.

Once your matchup is drawn, you will submit you songs to me via PM and I will create the polls.

Please put your Name, song title, and artist in the subject line of your PM's

Judging criteria(Not enforceable but suggested)

Voters should listen to each song in its entirety

Voters should vote on which song they like better currently or directly after listening to both songs

Multiple listens are encouraged.

Please leave preconceived notions at the door.

All polls will be left open 48 hours, not counting weekends.

.First 63 are in.

Entrants

1. Fullback Fro

2. Aaron Rudnicki

3. Limp Ditka

4. Jewel

5. eoMMan

6. AcerFC

7. Warrior

8. Eephus

9. Abraham

10. fatguyinalittlecoat

11. Cliff Clavin

12. Monsieur Meursault

13. Time Kabitzer

14. UniAlias

15. toadstool

16. E-Z Glider

17. Evilgrin 72

18. Doug B

19. Arizona Ron

20. Uruk-Hai

21. zamboni

22. IvanKaramazov

23. John Maddens Lunchbox

24. Fiddles

25. KungFuGrip

26. KarmaPolice

27. Gr00vus

28. Bonzai

29. El Floppo

30. Maik Jeaunz

31. wikkidpissah

32. Clinton

33. Claydon

34. Das Boot

35. drunken slob

36. Tom in Albany

37. Number 12

38. Ren Hoek replaced by Kenny Powers

39. Professor S

40. Abrantes

41. Nathan R. Jessep

42. Ignoratio Elenchi

43. McJose

44. Worm

45. ODoyleRules

46. kip stabone

47. Mr. Ected

48. Tiger Fan

49. PIK95

50. NDyse10

51. dmac37

52. higgins

53. wadegarrett

54. BRONG

55. Yo Mama

56. warepedone

57. Jefferson the Caregiver

58. Patrick Bateman

59. Hoart Petterson

60. Jedi Knight

61. Kumerica

62. Keerock

63. JerseyToughGuys

64. HERBERT THE HIPPO

Bracket is completed and matchups are posted on this google doc

FFA SONG WARS BRACKET- MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE BRACKETS PAGE

Match Master List

Match 1 - Evilgrin 72 over Clinton: 74 - 39

Match 2 - wikkidpissah over Yo Mama: 70 -36

Match 3 - Patrick Bateman over Jewel: 47-25

Match 4 - PIK37 over wadegarret: 58-48

Match 5 - Abrantes over Jefferson The Caregiver: 49 - 35

Match 6 - Kung Fu Grip over Professor 88 - 22

Match 7 - Warrior over dmac37: 65 - 25

Match 8 - Jersey Tough Guy over Doug B: 45 -30

Match 9 - toadstool over Monsieur Meursault: 33 - 26

Match 10 - Tiger Fan over John Maddens Lunchbox: 53 - 37

Match 11 - IvanKaramazov over E-Z Glider: 69 -25

Match 12 - Worm over ODoyleRules: 42 - 34

Match 13 - Eephus over Cliff Clavin: 33 -22

Match 14 - Bonzai over Mike Jeaunz: 29 - 24

Match 15 - HERBERT THE HIPPO over KarmaPolice: 57 -15

Match 16 - El Floppo over kip stabone: 60 - 21

Match 17 - fatguyinalittlecoat over AcerFC: 81 - 73

Match 18 - Jedi Knight over Limp Ditka: 41 - 27

Match 19 - Hoart Petterson over BRONG: 37 - 6

Match 20 - Abraham over drunken slob: 33 - 29

Match 21 - zamboni over Mr. Ected: 47 - 19

Match 22 - UniAlias over Keerock: 56 - 10

Match 23 - Aaron Rudnicki over warepedone: 37 - 15

Match 24 - Time Kabitze over Fiddles: 25 - 24

Match 25 - higgins over Kumerica: 38 - 28

Match 26 - Fullback Fro over Claydon in overtime: 25 - 24

Match 27 - eoMMan over Gr00vus: 24 -12

Match 28 - Ignoratio Elenchi over Arizona Ron: 19 -16

Match 29 - Kenny Powers over Nathan R. Jessep: 40 - 21

Match 30 - Das Boot over NDyse10: 31-28

Have not received songs for round 1 :thumbdown:

Tom in Albany

Ren Hoek - Replaced by Kenny Powers

eoMMan

Number 12

Arizona Ron

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In. I'm assuming a song may only appear one time in a round.

In the unlikely event that the same song is selected by another person in the same round, a coin will be flipped and the loser will be instructed to chose a new song. Once a song has been chosen, it will not be allowed to be used again unless the original selector chooses to use it in subsequent rounds. Once a entrant abandons a song for a new one, all previous songs are eliminated from further selection.

will the voters see just the songs, or the poster's name too?

Interesting question. What do you guys think?Part of me wants to believe that the voters will not vote because of the name submitting but the quality of the submission. But there is always that risk. On the other hand it is nice to be recognized for your work. I'll see what everyone thinks. My original idea was to pair up the submitter with the submission during voting.

Interesting question. What do you guys think?Part of me wants to believe that the voters will not vote because of the name submitting but the quality of the submission. But there is always that risk. On the other hand it is nice to be recognized for your work. I'll see what everyone thinks. My original idea was to pair up the submitter with the submission during voting.
I think it's better nameless.

nameless during voting and then reveal names after each match/round?

Keep a running list of songs used, Fullback. Then, if this is a hit, you'll be able to do another one fairly soon after with the stipulation that all songs used in earlier tournaments are ineligible.

ok, also just call me Fro
lol

Mr. Fro or just Fro?

Keep a running list of songs used, Fullback. Then, if this is a hit, you'll be able to do another one fairly soon after with the stipulation that all songs used in earlier tournaments are ineligible.

lol

Mr. Fro or just Fro?

Fro Fan?

lol

Mr. Fro or just Fro?

just Fro

or Froceratops

I'm pretty slow on the uptake, so for clarification:

1. we only have to use a song for one round if we want to (can change every round)?

2. we won't know our opponent (or his/her song) before selecting our song for a given round?

3. only the original poster can re-use his/her song in later rounds. What if there are other versions?

btw, this tourney would work as well with a "worst" song tourney..... jes sayin'

I'm pretty slow on the uptake, so for clarification:1. we only have to use a song for one round if we want to (can change every round)?2. we won't know our opponent (or his/her song) before selecting our song for a given round?3. only the original poster can re-use his/her song in later rounds. What if there are other versions?btw, this tourney would work as well with a "worst" song tourney..... jes sayin'

And one other (for now): are we presenting arguments for our picks?

I'm pretty slow on the uptake, so for clarification:1. we only have to use a song for one round if we want to (can change every round)?2. we won't know our opponent (or his/her song) before selecting our song for a given round?3. only the original poster can re-use his/her song in later rounds. What if there are other versions?btw, this tourney would work as well with a "worst" song tourney..... jes sayin'

Looks like you got it.

And one other (for now): are we presenting arguments for our picks?
no - Although there is nothing in the rules that don't allow you to post what you like in the poll

Looks like you got it.
Different versions are ok, then? By the same artist?

Looks like you got it.
Different versions are ok, then? By the same artist?
You can change the version up if you are the selector of the original version. If its the same song and same artist by two different entrants, one will need to change.

Archived