What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (2 Viewers)

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too. Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.
Loved everything but the hit and run...very Friday Night Lights Landryish....they need to lose that story line ASAP
the hit and run bit was like 24 and Kim and the Cougar. Very dumb and pointless, we dont need the stupid kids in this awesome storyline

You guys still disagree that Nazir should've/would've tried to kill Brody?
you might have been right, but knowing this show and their propensity to take left turns, dont be shocked if Brody comes clean to Abu Nazir in an episode and plays for Nazir and gives CIA misinformation

So, the guy parked behind Carrie when she dropped Brody by his house.....CIA sitting on Brody, Nazir sitting on Brody, or just a little meaningless misdirection that the show likes so much?

So, the guy parked behind Carrie when she dropped Brody by his house.....CIA sitting on Brody, Nazir sitting on Brody, or just a little meaningless misdirection that the show likes so much?
I thought it was Carrie's doofus brother-brother detective guys in the car

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too. Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.
Loved everything but the hit and run...very Friday Night Lights Landryish....they need to lose that story line ASAP
Wasnt the chick they ran over the contact Brody had that they are looking for? I swore when the did a close up on her face it was her.Screencaps?

Wasnt the chick they ran over the contact Brody had that they are looking for? I swore when the did a close up on her face it was her.Screencaps?
I dont think so, there is no way they would actually do that, that would be the death of a show like this to have a coincidence that grotesque

I dont think so, there is no way they would actually do that, that would be the death of a show like this to have a coincidence that grotesque
I agree, I never would have figured that they would do that. But this is from the peeople that wrote 24, right?

I wouldn't put it past them to do that, but I think they're trying to maintain at least a sliver of respectability. Not a lot; just a little. That would be the end of that. Them hitting somebody was bad enough, but that would turn the show into a comedy and I don't think they're ready to throw the towel in just yet.

ETA: Then again...the whole Carrie and Brody holding hands thing is close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't put it past them to do that, but I think they're trying to maintain at least a sliver of respectability. Not a lot; just a little. That would be the end of that. Them hitting somebody was bad enough, but that would turn the show into a comedy and I don't think they're ready to throw the towel in just yet.

I think they've maintained well more than a sliver of respect. I have no idea why we'd expect that to change anytime soon. They knocked it out of the part in the 1st season and just keep getting better.The '24' DNA is there, but this is a completely different show with far more differences than similarities. Along with a different network, different constraints, different scope, and I assume, mostly different crew and writers.

I think they've maintained well more than a sliver of respect. I have no idea why we'd expect that to change anytime soon. They knocked it out of the part in the 1st season and just keep getting better.The '24' DNA is there, but this is a completely different show with far more differences than similarities. Along with a different network, different constraints, different scope, and I assume, mostly different crew and writers.
Much better acting as well.

Why does Brody's wife call Brody Brody instead of Nick?
I saw a poster explain that most everyone in the Marines or Armed Forces goes by their last name, and if she had met him while he was already starting to serve, he could have identified himself by his last name since that was normal for him.

'biggamer3 said:
'Raider Nation said:
I saw a poster explain that most everyone in the Marines or Armed Forces goes by their last name, and if she had met him while he was already starting to serve, he could have identified himself by his last name since that was normal for him.
Re-watching the episode and they must've met before then. Brody got pissed off when Jessica went to the prom with Billy Burkbeck. Half of the people in my HS and many in college were referred to by their last name only, especially the bazillion Kevin's, Matt's, and Chris'. The wives that knew them then commonly still use the last name.

I also thought the reporter chick was the one run over. This is confirmed false?
Not confirmed, just hoping/begging for it to be false.I didn't think it was and it never occurred to me that it would be.Then again, I've seen the episode twice, but didn't pay attention to that entire scene either time.

My coworker pointed out that Estes and Brody were in the same room when they were about to snipe Abu Nazir. Brody texted the May1 warning to Nazir, and now they have access to his phone, why didn't they check his phone records?

I also thought the reporter chick was the one run over. This is confirmed false?
Way too ridiculous for this show.
We've already had a POW flip and become a terrorist and manage to get into a bunker with the VP and assorted other VIPs with a bomb wrapped around him but he didn't blow them up because the hotty CIA operative who was after him that he had the weekend tryst with went to his house and his daughter managed to call him in the bunker and just the sound of her voice convinced him to go home like she asked rather than blow himself and a bunch of other people up while the hotty CIA operative who called HIGH PURPLE had herself institutionalized and subjected to EST after being fired for being crazy but wait the CIA wants her back because there's this chick in Beirut who...I'm not sure "too ridiuclous for this show" exists.ETA: And of course the May Day text from the situation room. :lmao:

I thought that as well.But then again I was watching the show on a black and white TV with tinfoil on the 'rabbit ears'. And the sound was off. And I was shazzed out of my mind on malt liquor and codeine.

My coworker pointed out that Estes and Brody were in the same room when they were about to snipe Abu Nazir. Brody texted the May1 warning to Nazir, and now they have access to his phone, why didn't they check his phone records?
Perhaps the phone was a burner and he ditched it.

He's just one of those dudes who goes by his last name.
Yep.Fairly common.
it is? :confused: I go by my last name. But my mother and my wife call me by my first name. Aint no way its common for a wife to acknowledge her husband by his last name.
:shrug; I know a guy who still calls his wife by her maiden name,

The premise of this show started out great, now its a little too campy due to trying to extend it multiple seasons.
I think the show would have been better if Brody had been successful in Season 1. Season 2 could have started with all of the second guessing, then Carrie catches wind of another cell, and they go overboard going on a wild goose chase - that ends up being absolutely nothing at the end of season 2. That sets up a third and final season where it is touch-and-go on some leads, but after some near-misses, the GGs catch/kill the terrorist in the final episode.

Yep.Fairly common.
it is? :confused: I go by my last name. But my mother and my wife call me by my first name. Aint no way its common for a wife to acknowledge her husband by his last name.
Yep. Have one guy friend who refers to his wife by her maiden name and another whose wife refers to him by their last name. Depends on what your definition of common is. Yet a third whose wife refers to him as OB for their last name O'Bannan.

Yep.Fairly common.
FWIW my wife's ex- mother in-law used to call her husband by his last name...

Is Estes going to keep Brody's exposure from the POTUS? Making Brody a congressman makes this all a mess. Suspending disbelief for the sake of entertainment is one thing but this becoming a stretch. Would have been better off having put Brody back in the military in some capacity. They could have put him in an anti-terrorism post.

Yep.Fairly common.
Yep. Have one guy friend who refers to his wife by her maiden name and another whose wife refers to him by their last name. Depends on what your definition of common is. Yet a third whose wife refers to him as OB for their last name O'Bannan.
:unsure: Florida Grads?

you might have been right, but knowing this show and their propensity to take left turns, dont be shocked if Brody comes clean to Abu Nazir in an episode and plays for Nazir and gives CIA misinformation
Well the previews indicate that he tells Roya something and Carrie confronts him about it although this show is very good at deceiving what the actual previews are. I have no idea where the show is going, just enjoying the ride.All shows are going to somewhat ridiculous in nature but this show has done fairly well at being realistic. I just hope it ends in good fashion and doesn't jump the proverbial shark. Additionally, isn't their a mole in the CIA they still have to find? I like Peter Quinn so far but it'll be interesting to see if the mole is a known character or someone else.

I haven't seen it mentioned. But it was a real :shock: :shock: moment when the interrogator stabbed Brody's hand. Then, he started going bat#### crazy. That was badass.

I haven't seen it mentioned. But it was a real :shock: :shock: moment when the interrogator stabbed Brody's hand. Then, he started going bat#### crazy. That was badass.
I wasn't really buying his good cop/bad cop reason either, I think he really flipped. Or was that just Saul's way of getting him out of trouble?

I wasn't really buying his good cop/bad cop reason either, I think he really flipped. Or was that just Saul's way of getting him out of trouble?
I bought it.
Me too. He seemed too calculated beforehand and doesn't really have a back story with Brody or this case to get that upset after 5 minutes of negotiation. I know Carrie is the protagonist and was hoping she would finally be rewarded with getting it all right with Brody's confession but I'm surprised they didn't drag that out. He really could have played the "I didn't have a bomb on me" much longer because they really didn't have any evidence. Thought they'd at least have an episode where they had to put the pieces together and go to Gettysburg, etc.

Well the previews indicate that he tells Roya something and Carrie confronts him about it although this show is very good at deceiving what the actual previews are. I have no idea where the show is going, just enjoying the ride.All shows are going to somewhat ridiculous in nature but this show has done fairly well at being realistic. I just hope it ends in good fashion and doesn't jump the proverbial shark. Additionally, isn't their a mole in the CIA they still have to find? I like Peter Quinn so far but it'll be interesting to see if the mole is a known character or someone else.
On a podcast before the year the mole was brought up and the showrunner for Homeland said that dont exactly think the mole has to be uncovered on the show as 90% of actual intelligence moles get away scott free in real life. It's only on broadcast TV shows where the moles "have to" get busted.

'sporthenry said:
'pollardsvision said:
'Billy Bats said:
'Mario Kart said:
I bought it.
Me too. He seemed too calculated beforehand and doesn't really have a back story with Brody or this case to get that upset after 5 minutes of negotiation.
I guess it just suprised me that he would intentionally give up that easily and turn the interrogation over to Carrie who he doesn't seem to respect. Plus it seemed like Saul forced the good/bad cop schtick on him. :shrug:

'sporthenry said:
'pollardsvision said:
'Billy Bats said:
'Mario Kart said:
I bought it.
Me too. He seemed too calculated beforehand and doesn't really have a back story with Brody or this case to get that upset after 5 minutes of negotiation.
I guess it just suprised me that he would intentionally give up that easily and turn the interrogation over to Carrie who he doesn't seem to respect. Plus it seemed like Saul forced the good/bad cop schtick on him. :shrug:
I think Quinn's using what he has available (ie Carrie).He knew he had a unique angle on Brody by using her.

Users who are viewing this thread