What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (1 Viewer)

Can somebody explain to me bumping a thread when not saying anything? Is there some functionality of the board I'm not familiar with that it serves?

Well not to get back on topic but yet another crazy episode. Expected things to slow down and for 35 minutes, it looked like a set up episode then Gettysburg happened. This show really leaves no stone unturned. On the whole the episode wasn't a great one (not all can) but even the "boring" ones leave you with something.

As far as Quinn, I'm starting to think he really is that nuts with the knife and it wasn't an act b/c he got very upset early with Brody. Suffices to say that he and Galvez weren't the mole. Assuming Galvez is dead but Quinn is alive although remains to be seen how visible he'll be going forward b/c he wasn't in any previews.

Kinda crazy 4 guys could take down a team of 7-8 trained federal agents with such little resistance and they didn't have more personnel or even locked the door to the store. But I digress from the absurdity of the show.

Well not to get back on topic but yet another crazy episode. Expected things to slow down and for 35 minutes, it looked like a set up episode then Gettysburg happened. This show really leaves no stone unturned. On the whole the episode wasn't a great one (not all can) but even the "boring" ones leave you with something.

As far as Quinn, I'm starting to think he really is that nuts with the knife and it wasn't an act b/c he got very upset early with Brody. Suffices to say that he and Galvez weren't the mole. Assuming Galvez is dead but Quinn is alive although remains to be seen how visible he'll be going forward b/c he wasn't in any previews.

Kinda crazy 4 guys could take down a team of 7-8 trained federal agents with such little resistance and they didn't have more personnel or even locked the door to the store. But I digress from the absurdity of the show.
The full SWAT gear helped, along with assault rifles vs. pistols. That it should've been more heavily guarded makes sense though. Especially given that the plan was to have Brody make contact with Roya. If anything would set off a disaster like that, that'd be it.

I don't have a problem with it though.

So what did they take from the tailor shop? A nuke? Dirty bomb of some sort?
You'd think it's a bomb of some sort. But whatever it was was missed by, I assume, some bomb sniffing dogs. Room was "cleared" before the Quinn and the boys came in. We don't know what "cleared" involved, but you'd think looking for bombs would be job one.BTW, anybody remember how much time has passed since the tailor was exposed and then killed?

I think it's still only been a few days*, but that would seem like a place to nitpick if one were so inclined. I guess the store was being watched, but it does seem odd that they wouldn't have removed the box behind the wall immediately. If it was worth sending a SWAT team in to kill 8 CIA agents, I assume it's worth taking out with the risk of being seen.

Maybe they thought the best move was to hope the CIA never combed the place and get it when/if they ever moved on.

Good episode and great season though.

*Nevermind, Quinn said "we shoulda been here weeks ago"

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the fact that there were a million cop cars and obviously "unmarked" vehicles all over that shop. The CIA does a good job of keeping a low profile. But if anybody comes to the door, just tell them it's a tax audit.

This show is terrible, but I can't quit it! And if they brought on Seth Gilliam to say a couple lines and then kill him, I might need to draft a letter.

You'd think it's a bomb of some sort. But whatever it was was missed by, I assume, some bomb sniffing dogs. Room was "cleared" before the Quinn and the boys came in. We don't know what "cleared" involved, but you'd think looking for bombs would be job one.BTW, anybody remember how much time has passed since the tailor was exposed and then killed?

I think it's still only been a few days*, but that would seem like a place to nitpick if one were so inclined. I guess the store was being watched, but it does seem odd that they wouldn't have removed the box behind the wall immediately. If it was worth sending a SWAT team in to kill 8 CIA agents, I assume it's worth taking out with the risk of being seen.

Maybe they thought the best move was to hope the CIA never combed the place and get it when/if they ever moved on.

Yea I thought when Carrie flipped out she said they wasted a week watching the place after Brody told her he killed the tailor.
Before seeing the previews for next week I assumed it was explosive materials. Whatever they stick on the vests.After seeing the previews that appears to be it.
It's only bomb best making stuff? Like Pollard said, you would think it's more important than that to go in full army mode and wipe out a division of the CIA for just bomb parts. :shrug: And :lol: at applejack... who's carver?! :bag:

Yea I thought when Carrie flipped out she said they wasted a week watching the place after Brody told her he killed the tailor.
Before seeing the previews for next week I assumed it was explosive materials. Whatever they stick on the vests.After seeing the previews that appears to be it.
It's only bomb best making stuff? Like Pollard said, you would think it's more important than that to go in full army mode and wipe out a division of the CIA for just bomb parts. :shrug: And :laugh: at applejack... who's carver?! :bag:
The guy who played Carver on the Wire was the black guy who went to the shop with teh handstabber.

I think in the preview it mentioned that there was enough C4 to blow up a large building, or something to that effect, so that seems to be what was recovered from the tailor shop (I also assume C4 was what was being used to make the suicide vests).Did Brody mention to Carrie that he got his vest from the tailor? If so, wouldn't the group sent to the shop be just as concerned with finding any explosives as they would intel? Or was it what pollardivision assumed, that the shop had been cleared for explosives before the agents entered looking for intel?

I think in the preview it mentioned that there was enough C4 to blow up a large building, or something to that effect, so that seems to be what was recovered from the tailor shop (I also assume C4 was what was being used to make the suicide vests).Did Brody mention to Carrie that he got his vest from the tailor? If so, wouldn't the group sent to the shop be just as concerned with finding any explosives as they would intel? Or was it what pollardivision assumed, that the shop had been cleared for explosives before the agents entered looking for intel?
If we're to take the preview at face value, the handstabber survived and possibly got a look in the trunk? Is a footlocker full of C4 a lot of C4? Maybe they just assumed that's what it was by considering how badly they wanted to get to it.

It's only bomb best making stuff? Like Pollard said, you would think it's more important than that to go in full army mode and wipe out a division of the CIA for just bomb parts. :shrug:
I took it as it was time-sensative. Like they're planning an attack soon and losing it would set things back a while...that's how I took it anyway.

i don't think the C4 mentioned in the preview is in the trunk. hand stabber was playing dead, no way he saw what was in the trunk. and the number of dead from gettysburg was different when carrie was yelling at brody and when brody said something to roya in the preview.

:tinfoilhat:

I also thought the reporter chick was the one run over. This is confirmed false?
Way too ridiculous for this show.
We've already had a POW flip and become a terrorist and manage to get into a bunker with the VP and assorted other VIPs with a bomb wrapped around him but he didn't blow them up because the hotty CIA operative who was after him that he had the weekend tryst with went to his house and his daughter managed to call him in the bunker and just the sound of her voice convinced him to go home like she asked rather than blow himself and a bunch of other people up while the hotty CIA operative who called HIGH PURPLE had herself institutionalized and subjected to EST after being fired for being crazy but wait the CIA wants her back because there's this chick in Beirut who...I'm not sure "too ridiuclous for this show" exists.ETA: And of course the May Day text from the situation room. :lmao:
Why do you even watch this show? If you're not going to suspend a little disbelief to sit back and enjoy a nighttime drama, then what's the point?

I also thought the reporter chick was the one run over. This is confirmed false?
We've already had a POW flip and become a terrorist and manage to get into a bunker with the VP and assorted other VIPs with a bomb wrapped around him but he didn't blow them up because the hotty CIA operative who was after him that he had the weekend tryst with went to his house and his daughter managed to call him in the bunker and just the sound of her voice convinced him to go home like she asked rather than blow himself and a bunch of other people up while the hotty CIA operative who called HIGH PURPLE had herself institutionalized and subjected to EST after being fired for being crazy but wait the CIA wants her back because there's this chick in Beirut who...I'm not sure "too ridiuclous for this show" exists.ETA: And of course the May Day text from the situation room. :lmao:
Why do you even watch this show? If you're not going to suspend a little disbelief to sit back and enjoy a nighttime drama, then what's the point?
Because regardless of the ridiculousness, it's still a fun watch? At least, that's the case for me. Lots of eye-rolling moments both micro and macro, but I still enjoy watching it.

Because after all of these years there's still people who seem to think TV=Real life. They can't help it, they were born that way

Because after all of these years there's still people who seem to think TV=Real life. They can't help it, they were born that way
Go to your school's principal and demand that the meaning of "context" not only be added to the curriculum, but be covered at length until every student has a firm grasp of it. This is something that is obviously slipping through the cracks in our eduction system.

Who said I didn't enjoy it? Passions was one of the worst shows in history and it was must watch television. I just feel like they started out one way and then went another. I was thinking it would have more in common with The Wire or John Le Carre than 24 and Passions. I was wrong. Doesn't mean it's still not fun to watch. I'm a product of Washington, DC and a father who loved espionage/CIA books, and I'm white; whether I like it or not, I'm like genetically coded for this show.And you might want to reacquaint yourself with the definition of "a little."

'Michael Brown said:
Hader's Saul was awesome. The rest of it was completely awful. Does the black dude even TRY to mimic the people he plays???ETA: The dude who played Brody was okay...basically Carrie and Estes were terrible, and there were no jokes
Yeah, i see many sites saying it was a great parody, I thought besides for the perfect Saul the thing was terrible and just not funny.

'Raider Nation said:
I won't be needing to see Brodie and Carrie kissing again. Ever.
they really were eating each others faces there.Felt like a throw away episode last night, i really dont like this whole "Dana is angry since she tried to do the right thing storyline", lets get back to the war games people :banned:

For me, the take away from last night's episode seemed to be how everything is spiraling out of control for Brodie. Carrie recognized it and seemed to want to help him gain control over something to ensure his compliance with their plan, but then she had to add to his misery by preventing him from talking to the police about Dana's accident. Seems like the story is setting Brodie up to snap at some point, question is how he will snap.

Called the terrorist-chick's plan immediately. Except I thought she would use the wine bottle. I couldn't believe Saul left his briefcase in there with her all day, though, and that she wasn't under observation by a guard the whole time she was unattended.

Felt like a throw away episode last night, i really dont like this whole "Dana is angry since she tried to do the right thing storyline", lets get back to the war games people :banned:
I disagree wholeheartedlyI thought it was the best episode of the season, or, at worst, second behind Q&AIt wonderfully bookended "The Weekend" episode from last season, with Brodie and Carrie once again out in the country and the Saul/Aileen storyline coming back into playThe discussion between Rex and Brodie, and his subsequent conversation where he told Carrie that Rex was "who he could have become" was poignant The whole Aileen storyline was also handled subtly and was shot gorgeouslyAnd Brodie's final recognition of just what a tangled web he has found himself, where not only is his life no longer his own, but his family's aren't eitherI can't help but wonder if Aileen's decision to kill herself foreshadows Brodie's possible endingThe stakes have become high enough where if he kills himself, I don't think the CIA would out him, which is the only way he can truly save his family

Called the terrorist-chick's plan immediately. Except I thought she would use the wine bottle. I couldn't believe Saul left his briefcase in there with her all day, though, and that she wasn't under observation by a guard the whole time she was unattended.
Has Saul interviewed anyone who hasn't killed themselves?

'Raider Nation said:
I won't be needing to see Brodie and Carrie kissing again. Ever.
they really were eating each others faces there.Felt like a throw away episode last night, i really dont like this whole "Dana is angry since she tried to do the right thing storyline", lets get back to the war games people :banned:
I was expecting Fin to throw Dana under the bus and tell his family that she was driving the car as the VP has more to lose than a congressman who is still "applying" for his running mate. Overall strong season. I get we can't be on the edge of our seats every second so they had to close some doors, but also opened a few others. Curious where this relationship with Carrie and Brodie goes. For someone that would give almost anything to have her CIA job back, I can't believe she would let her feelings of a double agent come before her occupation.

Carrie reigniting her relationship with Brody is all part of Quinn telling her to "give him his power back". I think she's doing it more to keep him going in the investigation than for her personal benefit. IMO.

Brody's Gift to President Obama: "From one Muslim to another."

:unsure:

Many Americans are big fans of "Homeland," and specifically, Damian Lewis' Emmy-winning portrayal of double agent Sgt. Nicholas Brody. President Barack Obama is no exception, and has expressed that the show is a must-see for him. Lewis was even a dinner guest at the White House in March.

The actor, appearing on the British talk show "The Jonathan Ross Show," explained that he was recently given the opportunity to sign a "Homeland" box set for Obama, and needed to think of a message to pen to the president.

"Claire Danes (who plays CIA agent Carrie Mathison) had written something really lovely and sweet, saying, 'I was a fan of yours long before you were a fan of ours.' And I thought, got to think of something great and funny ... something classy. And I went, 'From one Muslim to another' in an indelible Sharpie. And I couldn't take it back."

Users who are viewing this thread