What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (1 Viewer)

Watching this guy last night. He just looks physically dominant. If he works on getting off of the line and getting into his routes, he's just such a big target. Like RN said, he owned that eight-yard out with Mettenberger in the game. I think a lot of teams are going to regret passing on this guy, including the Patriots and Jets.

Rotoworld:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt indicated rookie Dorial Green-Beckham remains a work in progress entering the Titans' third preseason game.

Green-Beckham has flashed big time on the field, ripping off a 32-yard gain in the Titans' preseason opener and catching four balls for 40 yards in the second exhibition week. Whisenhunt, however, noted that Green-Beckham cost the team a 37-yard gain with a miscue on Sunday night and says Green-Beckham is "still finding his way" and "has some catching up to do." Green-Beckham did run with the ones a bit on Sunday. He's climbing the ladder.

Aug 24 - 4:24 PM

OK, I understand the criticism but let me ask you who is a valid media person?

Then continue that line of reasoning that their are valid and in-valid media people and ask the next question, if a media person who you respect has a take that you disagree with do you change your stance or look to attack their credentials to dismiss the take about player X-Y-Z?

Attacking credentials instead of an argument is a fallacy of logic called an ad hominin attack where what is said is dismissed by attacking the person rather than addressing the take. It can lead to creating only a few gate keepers of disseminating information and keep people in group think.

So going back to the tweet. The take that began with that tweet continued with an exchange with others who noted DGB was considered a top-four talent early in the pre-draft evaluation process and that in a few years his talent should rise to the top. But they lack PFW credentials so is that take valid or not because of the people who presented it?
No, that's not quite what an ad hominem attack means.

In any case, what mquinn asked for and I think is reasonable, is why we should consider a statement of opinion like that. Without any actual analysis, credibility and authority doesn't make it true or false (that's a logical fallacy as well). However, I'm going to believe Jerry Rice or Tim Brown or Matt Waldman or Sigmund Bloom or someone else who spends a lot of time analyzing players vs. a local fan who happened to post something on Twitter.

SO yes, when we're talking about opinion, credentials and credibility does matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took DGB with the 8th pick in the SECOND rd of my rookie draft. Was shocked he was sitting there. Funchess went before him.

I guess his checkered past is priced in. But I couldn't resist taking him there.

I do believe that the cream rises to the top. I'm not a believe in justin hunter. I tried to believe in him last year. He was pitiful. Dreadful. I don't think the Titans drafted DGB in the second round to watch him rot on the bench. Especially with the way many rookie wrs have been acclimating so quickly to the NFL these days.

I can totally see them working him in gradually and then as a full time starter (assuming his limited play warrants it) by mid-season. And then his fantasy owners will be treated to an absolute BEAST. Similar to mike Evans from last year.

I took him at 1.9 in my rookie draft. Love him, love how his QB is looking and hope to see them make beautiful plays together for years to come.

I took him at 1.11 because if he gets anywhere near his full potential he's a stud but I fully expect him to bust but my roster can afford the risk. I think the Mike Williams analogy but dbg is more talented I think.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold that's for sure. He's as boom or bust as it gets for a rookie. But his upside is Calvin-esque. Higher than any other wr in this draft class given his natural abilities and physical stature.

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham didn’t play any snaps in the Titans third preseason game.

Green-Beckham was active after missing time with an ankle injury, but didn’t see the field. Coach Ken Whisenhunt views Green-Beckham as a work in progress, limiting his chances of making an early-season impact. The Titans slowplayed Bishop Sankey for 29-year-old Shonn Greene last year, and appear to be doing the same with DGB. Harry Douglas and a broken-down Hakeem Nicks are expected to open the year opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 29 - 2:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Dorial Green-Beckham didn’t play any snaps in the Titans third preseason game.

Green-Beckham was active after missing time with an ankle injury, but didn’t see the field. Coach Ken Whisenhunt views Green-Beckham as a work in progress, limiting his chances of making an early-season impact. The Titans slowplayed Bishop Sankey for 29-year-old Shonn Greene last year, and appear to be doing the same with DGB. Harry Douglas and a broken-down Hakeem Nicks are expected to open the year opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 29 - 2:39 PM
He wasn't supposed to play. They said it long before the game that he wouldn't

Thinking of grabbing him off the wire to pair him with OBJ.

Hoping that David switches sports and becomes NFL-eligible as a kicker too.

He does seem like an intriguing late round flier. He's big and fast.

I worry though about this offense. But he could be a great pickup for second half of the season when he and the team hopefully get some things figured out.

Right now, I think I'd put the other lottery ticket rookie receivers ahead of him - DeVante Parker (despite injury), Breshad Perriman (despite injury), Phillip Dorsett, Ty Montgomery. But I think he's one to keep an eye on.

I worry though about this offense. But he could be a great pickup for second half of the season when he and the team hopefully get some things figured out.

Right now, I think I'd put the other lottery ticket rookie receivers ahead of him - DeVante Parker (despite injury), Breshad Perriman (despite injury), Phillip Dorsett, Ty Montgomery. But I think he's one to keep an eye on.
Care to rank them in order, throwing in Latimer, Lockett, and Brandon Coleman, for potential WR1 or WR2 splash in redraft this season?

gliz said:

Care to rank them in order, throwing in Latimer, Lockett, and Brandon Coleman, for potential WR1 or WR2 splash in redraft this season?
I'm actually having some trouble myself. A bunch of these guys are available on the wire (except Parker of course) but I haven't pulled the trigger yet to drop DGB. I love his size and athleticism, and I feel like if I drop him he's going to get his opportunity and blow up.

Thought about this more and have had a slight change of heart. I think I'd rank them:

Parker (played a bit yesterday so looks encouraging)

Dorsett (Luck throwing ball, going to win WR3 job, but even then will probably split with Moncrief)

Montgomery (seems to have gained Rodgers' trust and will be the WR3)

DGB (I'm still trying to believe)

Perriman (great potential, but the guy is still injured)

Coleman (Colston's backup? Only a situational player?)

Latimer (technically not a rookie, preseason reports not glowing)

Lockett (sounds like main contribution on special teams so far)

Not much talk on him, so I guess I'll bump my last post.

Hakeem Nicks just released by the Titans.

I think this bodes well for DGB.

Tweet pasted in cut thread. If the Titans truly do keep just four WRs that will bode very very well for DGB. With Douglas, Wright, and him that only leaves one spot that's debatable

I would guess Hunter because of a great camp but Whis hasn't been a fan.

I would imagine with McBride(in this scenario, if it happens) and Turzilli cut they are going to try to get them on PS. Then they'd have 6

Also suggested Nicks is signed back in a week so it's not guaranteed.

Regardless, I think you've got a few hours before DGBs value skyrockets. If the other guy isn't Hunter, he's their only tall WR. I'd really try and make a trade right away in FF

Want to bump this to reiterate, DGB's value has skyrocketed. No more JV year, he's gonna play significant minutes now.

I really think people need to react to this in FF and hope this helps

Bri thanks for the insight but wr4 on Titans don't hold much Appeal. Who he overtaking to be wr3 or wr2 (gulp)?

Tweet pasted in cut thread. If the Titans truly do keep just four WRs that will bode very very well for DGB. With Douglas, Wright, and him that only leaves one spot that's debatable

I would imagine with McBride(in this scenario, if it happens) and Turzilli cut they are going to try to get them on PS. Then they'd have 6

Regardless, I think you've got a few hours before DGBs value skyrockets. If the other guy isn't Hunter, he's their only tall WR. I'd really try and make a trade right away in FF
Don't know what to think about Hunter. Seems to have done well in camp and Whisenhunt didn't seem to mind his lack of production in the preseason.

Bri thanks for the insight but wr4 on Titans don't hold much Appeal. Who he overtaking to be wr3 or wr2 (gulp)?
Yeah, probably need to be at least WR2 in this offense to be redraft relevant this year.
Last year's stats are not going to show a come from behind pass a lot offense; they didn't do that and people are expecting the same with just new guys plugged in.

Their only goal is to show off that arm and make some $ off Mariota. If he gets hurt, a bigger arm and lesser head comes in.

I think Calvin's rookie stats are fine here-48 for 756 four TDs and maybe more TDs because I can't really understand how Calvin only gets four.

That's 3 receptions per game and some deep routes(which they regularly run to the "big" WR spot) to increase average #s

Calvin was 36th ranked WR at that rate. 750 is very average BTW

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCa00.htm

Don't know what to think about Hunter. Seems to have done well in camp and Whisenhunt didn't seem to mind his lack of production in the preseason.
I think short leash.

His ADP for PPR is 18th round between Justin Blackmon(ugh yes) and Chris Johnson

http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2015/adp?COUNT=300&POS=*&CUTOFF=5&L=35512&IS_PPR=-1&IS_KEEPER=0&IS_MOCK=-1&TIME=

That's last pick or just before K and D for many people.

He's a definite pick there. Start or not, he'll play a ton week 1. We don't have a big WR spot we just play a 6-5, 6-4, and 6-3 guy there is something I am not "buying."

If he does good, gold. If he has many drops and goofs on routes like he has done, he's an 18th rounder you were probably dumping him to get WW fodder anyhow.

Sometimes these last chance guys fit nicely on draft day. I really don't see anyone with as high upside AND as easy to predict (to makeup a fantasy term) dump him-ness in the 18th. Does Whis have smoke coming out of his ears...alrighty then onto the WW.

I have 8000 issues with Hunter in the tenth or most any other round, but last genuine pick I think he's nice there

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Titans

Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said he is "counting on" WRs Dorial Green-Beckham and Justin Hunter.
The Titans are being forced to count on the two athletic but unproven talents because Hunter and DGB are two of only four wide receivers currently on the roster. Hunter has already proven he is unreliable, but Green-Beckham showed well in the preseason and should open the year with a considerable role on offense. Green-Beckham should be owned in all leagues.

Guy has done everything right. Get him in dynasty now it will be too late pretty soon.
From your mouth...to the fantasy gods ears!!

Nobody wanted him in my rookie draft. I got him in the 2nd round. Was totally elated. Dude HS the measurables to be the next megaton.
I'm a believer and was an owner in a couple devy leagues until I sold him recently. But the part I bolded really isn't true. He's a lot of things, but to specifically say he has the measurables to be the next Megatron isn't true.

Guy has done everything right. Get him in dynasty now it will be too late pretty soon.
From your mouth...to the fantasy gods ears!!Nobody wanted him in my rookie draft. I got him in the 2nd round. Was totally elated. Dude HS the measurables to be the next megaton.
I'm a believer and was an owner in a couple devy leagues until I sold him recently. But the part I bolded really isn't true. He's a lot of things, but to specifically say he has the measurables to be the next Megatron isn't true.
Isn't he almost identical in size (height/weight) and speed?

From your mouth...to the fantasy gods ears!!Nobody wanted him in my rookie draft. I got him in the 2nd round. Was totally elated. Dude HS the measurables to be the next megaton.
No. Two out of three isn't bad, but I just don't like to see the myth perpetuated that physically he's a Calvin clone or anything. Expectations need to be kept realistic. He could be great, but he'll be different from Calvin.

Calvin 40: 4.35

DGB 40: 4.49

Calvin vertical: 42.5

DGB: 33.5

Calvin broad: 139"

DGB: 120"

That's right. Calvin was more than .1 faster in the 40, jumped almost an entire foot higher, and outjumped him in the broad by 1.5 feet.

The speed and explosion numbers aren't even close between the two. Just setting the record straight.

No. Two out of three isn't bad, but I just don't like to see the myth perpetuated that physically he's a Calvin clone or anything. Expectations need to be kept realistic. He could be great, but he'll be different from Calvin.

That's right. Calvin was more than .1 faster in the 40, jumped almost an entire foot higher, and outjumped him in the broad by 1.5 feet.

The speed and explosion numbers aren't even close between the two. Just setting the record straight.
Huh...good to know. I was just going by what I read about him in other "expert" analysis.

Well nonethess he is still a huge guy and has beastly potential. Would you say mike Evans is a better comparison?

Huh...good to know. I was just going by what I read about him in other "expert" analysis.

Well nonethess he is still a huge guy and has beastly potential. Would you say mike Evans is a better comparison?
I would say a less technical/polished AJ Green is a better comparison, if you want to look at an elite but realistic ceiling. DGB has the potential to be a much more physical presence approaching the level of Evans, maybe with more straight line speed, but he has yet to consistently harness the full potential of his size and weight. He's more finesse right now, like if Justin Hunter had been heavier and had hands.

I would say a less technical/polished AJ Green is a better comparison, if you want to look at an elite but realistic ceiling. DGB has the potential to be a much more physical presence approaching the level of Evans, maybe with more straight line speed, but he has yet to consistently harness the full potential of his size and weight. He's more finesse right now, like if Justin Hunter had been heavier and had hands.
Justin Hunter is faster and a better athlete than DGB, he's just Ashley Lelie. I don't think Justin Hunter has ever been a target hog or ran a bunch of slant routes. While DGB's college stats don't show a huge market share, his college game seems like it fits that role if he plays up to his talent level. Colston and Marshall are also valid "upside" comparables if you want.

Did he even see the field? I was waffling between him, Phillip Dorsett, and Tyler Lockett for a lottery ticket WR on the end of my bench. Dorsett looks like he has opportunity now with Hilton injured, and Lockett looks great. Perhaps I chose poorly.

Surprised that with all the scoring chances, I don't think he was once in the game in the red zone. What happened to all the preseason talk about being a red zone weapon?

Clearly bringing him along slowly. I wouldn't cut bait, especially if Walker's hand keeps him out or limits him.

This guy have value in redraft with the rise of mariota?

Dropped from several squads after last week and i'm WR hungry. Would rather grab him before he has a big game, but don't see much news on how much they want to get him involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dropped from several squads after last week and i'm WR hungry. Would rather grab him before he has a big game, but don't see much news on how much they want to get him involved.
Yeah, I would put minimal, if any stock from a redraft perspective. I think he's a guy who will end up with 5 or 600 yards his rookie year, with elite long-term prospects. As it is, I don't think he really does anything of importance until the second half of the year.

Yeah, I would put minimal, if any stock from a redraft perspective. I think he's a guy who will end up with 5 or 600 yards his rookie year, with elite long-term prospects. As it is, I don't think he really does anything of importance until the second half of the year.
Was looking for a usual game to predict from. 16 passes doesn't really cut it. Hunter got a key PI penalty to setup a score but otherwise didn't do anything too too much. He had more snaps than any WR and I'd have liked to have seen some production there. Ideal may be to have DGB sit and learn and only play the 10 some odd plays he did but Hunter struggling (if he does) is probably the key to more DGB action.

Hunter can play out of the slot. DGB doesn't even know the plays there as per Whis' press conference joke.

Otherwise, they play the same spot.

Rookie Hunter was outstanding at high pointing the ball. One of the better WRs in the league at just that. Every coach that ever coached a sport would have said he didn't want it last year. There was no determination to wrestle or fight for the ball. It was so obvious and bad. This was a huge huge point with Whis (and one Kuharsky mentions kind of often) last year and this summer.

DGB could be even better than Hunter was as a rook, he could be Calvin-esque sky's the limit in the lone quality of getting high balls.

If I'm following Whis right- Hunter catching a few won't hold much weight, but if he gives this half effort on a lob DGB could get his job the very next snap. This rrrrreally irks Whisenhunt and is such a major pet peeve.

It'll take a while with limited opportunities to beat Hunter out in-season. Whether practice or the game, it doesn't seem like DGB even has much opportunity to. However, it'll be real easy and real quick if Hunter gives a poor effort.

Ideal for the Titans is that both succeed and good luck matching up with two tall fast guys outside and speedy Kendall in the slot, but there's this "air" that Hunter will fail that hasn't really gone away. Hunter was the best WR in camp and (short of bs assault charge) a good good boy studying and staying late and all that yet somehow that air of failure still exists.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could drop DGB in redraft and predict when to pick him up just by watching Hunter

Rotoworld:

Titanonline.com's Jim Wyatt believes Dorial Green-Beckham will "play more in the near future."

"Keep in mind, someone has to come off the field for him to be on it," Wyatt cautioned. Considering Harry Douglas has 33 yards on 10 targets so far this season, he would seem like the best candidate to be removed. The Titans are unlikely to sit their most veteran wideout, however, meaning DGB will fight with Justin Hunter for snaps as the third receiver.

Source: titansonline.com

Sep 26 - 11:34 AM
http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Ask-Jim-More-Questions-with-Home-Opener-on-Sunday/e8494e56-b546-4993-9fa2-95528e786811

Users who are viewing this thread