Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dorial Green-Beckham

Jayrod

Rotoworld:

Titanonline.com's Jim Wyatt believes Dorial Green-Beckham will "play more in the near future."

"Keep in mind, someone has to come off the field for him to be on it," Wyatt cautioned. Considering Harry Douglas has 33 yards on 10 targets so far this season, he would seem like the best candidate to be removed. The Titans are unlikely to sit their most veteran wideout, however, meaning DGB will fight with Justin Hunter for snaps as the third receiver.

Source: titansonline.com

Sep 26 - 11:34 AM

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Ask-Jim-More-Questions-with-Home-Opener-on-Sunday/e8494e56-b546-4993-9fa2-95528e786811

Kris Garcia from Litchfield Park, AZ.

Question: Hi Jim, do you think Dorial Green-Beckhamicon-article-link.gif will start having a bigger role moving on? He just looks like a huge target for Marcus Mariotaicon-article-link.gif.

Jim: Green-Beckham made an impressive catch against the Browns. I was impressed with the way he attacked the football. There was nothing timid about him. It’s obvious he’s a red-zone threat. The more he gets settled in – and the more comfortable coaches are with him – the more he’ll play moving forward.

Tim Pennybacker from Follandsbee, WV

Question: Is Shawn Jefferson and Ken Whisenhunt that stubborn not to play DGB? I understand young players will make mistakes, but has too much upside!! I see a lot of other teams in NFL playing their rookies a lot, even playoff teams-Titans are a couple years away-so put him in now!!!!

Jim: Hey Tim. See above. DGB is going to play more in the near future. Keep in mind, someone has to come off the field for him to be on it. Kendall Wrighticon-article-link.gif has to play, andHarry Douglasicon-article-link.gif is a veteran who’s going to be on the field, too. I’m assuming you’ve given up on Justin Huntericon-article-link.gif then? Well, his coaches haven’t.

considering dropping Devante Parker for him. (redraft of course)

Wouldn't be a huge stretch to do so in dynasty as well. Miami has a stacked wr corps. And dgb has as much raw talent as any rout there and you can't teach his height/speed combo. Plus he's got sticky hands. He has Calvin Johnson potential. For this season I expect most of his damage to be limited to the red zone but I can foresee many multi td games from him albeit with low yardage totals.

But he's almost uncoverable in the end zone with his size.

There is going to be some evaluation during this bye and which guys should get more time type thoughts.

I think DGB gets more work.

No doubt everyone would have said as the rookie season goes along he will, but he made a big catch on that last drive yesterday which may be more important than his TDs to the coaching staff looking for maturity.

Not as if they have to look, but the game "film" will also show some excellent blocking by DGB.

Hunter is still fine, made a nice catch yesterday against Colts top CB too.

Everything with Douglas is "cute" and schemed. Can he just run a normal route and play WR typically?

Wright looks real sharp at times, lost others- where I wonder if he's a decoy.

Still think Hunter opposite DGB is their best redzone set.

This summer, Whisenhunt made a lot of mistakes with alotting time to players in camp. Oh so many that got significant time with the ones or twos were cut, while several 3s were kept. Some think that has to do with the GM's job insecurity but whatever the case, DGB could have sure used Nicks' share of reps

• 2 weeks later...

Don't sleep guys. It's coming. The Titans had a bye week to help integrate him further into their offensive plans. He's gonna beast out at some point this season. The type of player that can propel fantasy teams to the promised land.

Pick him up and stash before this weekend.

Titans GM Ruston Webster expects rookie Dorial Green-Beckham to play "more and more" as the season moves along.

The Titans are coming off a Week 4 bye, which should have served as an opportunity for Ken Whisenhunt to upgrade Green-Beckham's involvement, and reduce the perennially ineffective Harry Douglas'. On Friday, Webster called Green-Beckham "clearly a difficult matchup for people." With Marcus Mariota showing very well, Green-Beckham has WR2 upside for the fantasy stretch run. Oct. 9 - 3:45 pm et

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering putting him in this weekend over Crabtree (tough match up vs. DEN) and T. Lockett (return yard league), hoping for a home run. This bye week really has me in a bind.

I like the red zone looks he's getting, but I'm a little afraid of how TD dependent he's been. The future looks bright but I have to be patient and not "punish" him IF I roll him this week and he disappoints.

Just needs to remember to pay those speeding tickets.

This may seem minor but speaks (in some way) to his current maturity level. Doesn't indicate he's a 'bad guy' or can't produce as a rookie, but does offer pause on him as an adult. No owner needs a roster full or well-adjusted young men but the learning curve may be a bit slower with DGB than some are forecasting in this thread.

Barring injury to Wright and Hunter I'm not sure there will be enough volume to make him anything more than a TD play in any week. Most concerning, I've heard (no link, sorry) that he still has some difficulty lining up correctly at times, let alone running precice routes, setting up defenders, and beating different defensive looks.

Not bagging on the guy, just stating owners need to have patience or they'll be disappointed.

Edited by trader jake

Most concerning, I've heard (no link, sorry) that he still has some difficulty lining up correctly at times, let alone running precice routes, setting up defenders, and beating different defensive looks.

There are certain guys, whose natural gifts can overcome most of these faults, a la DGB - can't teach size, power and catch radius.

And then, some guys just have no shot in hell, a la C Patterson

I think DGB can put up good numbers as he works to correct these flaws... and IF/when he fixes there mental errors, he could be.... GREAT

Been tossing the idea of picking him up around in my head for the past couple of weeks and today this thread popped up and sealed the deal. We may have to sit on him for awhile before he's startable but hopefully we're all rewarded soon.

So, what happened today?

A bunch of forced plays to Douglas as if he's a big WR.

DGB and Hunter were in late. DGB got a PI then Hunter made a nice catch and...that's enough go back to the boring small guys O.

Walker didn't even get much love today.

Whisenhunt does not in anyway trust the WRs on this team to get open or catch the ball while covered. It's too nice N easy for the rookie QB. Walker is charles barkley boxing out, throw it. He'll get it. We saw that all last year. In preseason, Mett and MM both threw the ball high to Hunter and DGB and it was hard to stop. This season seems like PIs are as likely as a catch but so what, take it. It's frustrating to have these two very talented WRs (if not production) and not use their size speed combo as their QB has a sweet arm too.

Wright went deep once and totally had his man beat. MM sorely underthrew it. He came back and tried to make a play but didn't happen.

McCluster and Sankey lined up as WR but I don't think they got a pass. Andrews lined up, got position, and caught a snap N throw pass. The RBs as WRs look doesn't bode well for DGB either.

Season high 29 snaps. 6 targets. 3-57. Involvement bw the 20's.

It's coming. :)

Zach Mettenberger will be splitting reps this week and might start. I wonder if this could be the classic situation where a backup QB comes in and trusts a backup WR that he's been getting most of his reps with?

• Like 3

From Rotoworld:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Harry Douglas (ribs) is a question mark for Sunday's game against the Falcons.

Douglas didn’t practice Wednesday and is dealing with a rib cartilage issue. The Titans could use the injury to get Dorial Green-Beckham more playing time. DGB would be on the WR3 map if Douglas sits.
Oct 21 - 7:15 PM
  • Like 2

From Rotoworld:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Harry Douglas (ribs) is a question mark for Sunday's game against the Falcons.

Douglas didn’t practice Wednesday and is dealing with a rib cartilage issue. The Titans could use the injury to get Dorial Green-Beckham more playing time. DGB would be on the WR3 map if Douglas sits.
Oct 21 - 7:15 PM

This would be nice. I really think Hunter DGB at same time is a tough matchup for defenses

The Stars are aligning. He's a dominant talent. Once they let him shine, they aren't going to be able to put this genie back in the bottle. I'm getting psyched. Could be a season changing wr3 with wr1 upside in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe as early as this week.

The Stars are aligning. He's a dominant talent. Once they let him shine, they aren't going to be able to put this genie back in the bottle. I'm getting psyched. Could be a season changing wr3 with wr1 upside in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe as early as this week.

Bold, but I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Like 1

After reading Waldman's Gut Check I'm considering picking him up and dropping Karlos Williams ( 3rd week out with concussion, on a bye week after, can probably drop and no one will pounce right now ). Very strong at WR and not so deep at RB, but if he explodes he could be good trade bait to snag a more useful RB than what is on the wire.

Edited by TartanLion

Worth dropping Crabtree for to add as a WR5/6?

I wouldn't. Looks like Mariota might play this week now and they're talking about getting Crabtree more involved and he's already seeing 9.5 targets a game.

Really like this guy if Mettenburger plays but not so much with Mariota.

me either. Crabtree gets the work. Even if DGB does well, Whisenhunt has in no way shown he'll rely on someone and that DGB will get the work next week.

What happens if Douglas is healthy next week?

Went for it anyway.

Would never start Crabtree (or insert any WR4+ because no cares about my team) and the potential upside of DGB seems like a better use of a backend bench spot.

Well calling Crabtree a WR4 is a bit harsh but otherwise I would agree with that.

Crabtree is WR37 in our PPR 12 teamer. I've already dropped WR34 (Torrey Smith) for LaFell and WR36 (Reuben Randle) for Stefon Diggs. I'm tempted to drop WR33 (Golden Tate) for DGB but since I'm waiting a week. My starters are WR 5/8/11 (Benjamin-Brown-AJG) so these guys are just Flex/bye week filler plays.

You should absolutely be willing to part with borderline serviceable vets in suboptimal situations that offer little upside - which is exactly what Crabtree is ATM.

• Like 1