Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

McClure's BBQ: Upheaval. Again. Oy.

Personally, I loved the greens. Real vinegary a little sweet. Not at all like I make them. Very, very good stuff.

Agreed. The greens are excellent. I'm not sure if that falls under Creole, soul or Southern, but they are terrific. I used to go to a place called Dunbar's that had excellent greens like that, actually McClure's are better.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I should have thought more seriously about a kickstarter with y'all....    I'm not too good at asking for help I guess. But.... I have a new silent partner...should become official o

Partnership official! The stress release has begun.  Thank you rye whiskey stash. 😁

holy cow....last second call wants food for 140.    taking my rig and rolling out to the Saints training facility and feeding the entire organization!!!   this is tomorrow.   i'll give my +/

I'll rank my sides in order of my preference:

Greens

Jambalay

Mac n Cheese

Slaw

Beans

Cornbread

Potato Salad

I love all of them....not married to the potato salad. If I ever go with fries the potato salad is gone. Fries are not likely at this location...I need a bigger kitchen mainly for the storage issue. Fries = many cases of potatoes a week. Right now i go through 1.25 cases a week.

Wife and son and I stumbled on the show this last week Tipsy. As soon as they said "McLure's" I said "Hey that's the guy from my footballguys board!" We were all impressed by you and my boy cheered when you won. :)

Congrats!

• Like 1

Wife and son and I stumbled on the show this last week Tipsy. As soon as they said "McLure's" I said "Hey that's the guy from my footballguys board!" We were all impressed by you and my boy cheered when you won. :)

Congrats!

:fishy:

Met with the guy from Ocean Springs again and some of his support staff this past weekend. I got a peek at his numbers and the place already sells more than I do (by a lot) and being a bar their profitability is way higher than mine. I'd be foolish not to do this with them.

We start training a kitchen manager this week. I'd say things are moving forward...

Meanwhile my little store is starting to cater constantly. I have orders and parties for every month thru February 2015 at this point. 3 offsite pig roasts in the next month alone.

This is getting fun :)

• Like 12

Met with the guy from Ocean Springs again and some of his support staff this past weekend. I got a peek at his numbers and the place already sells more than I do (by a lot) and being a bar their profitability is way higher than mine. I'd be foolish not to do this with them.

We start training a kitchen manager this week. I'd say things are moving forward...

Meanwhile my little store is starting to cater constantly. I have orders and parties for every month thru February 2015 at this point. 3 offsite pig roasts in the next month alone.

:clap:

2nd that. Keep it going!!

Congrats, GB. It should be fun.

Finally watched the episode last night. My wife said, "So this is the guy responsible for all the money we've sent to Turley over the years?"

I still owe you a bottle of wine.

• Like 1

Watched the DVR'd episode last night. I agree with the sentiments that you came out of it looking great, tipsy, and congrats on the win! Have you had any customers come in saying they saw you on the show and wanted to try it out?

Watched the DVR'd episode last night. I agree with the sentiments that you came out of it looking great, tipsy, and congrats on the win! Have you had any customers come in saying they saw you on the show and wanted to try it out?

indeed. At least a couple dozen so far.

I'm interested if any of them were disappointed in the bread change.

Our fantasy football league's draft day barbecue feast from McClure's was incredible. I picked up an "All Meat, All Sides" catering order for 10-12 people on Saturday afternoon before our auction draft. We had huge trays of brisket, pulled pork, ribs, sausage, chicken, macaroni and cheese, barbecue jambalaya, pork and beans, collard greens, cole slaw, and cornbread. The amount of food that we had was just insane. As soon as we started digging in to our feast, everyone started raving about the barbecue and the sides. All of the smoked meats were incredible. Extremely tender and flavorful meat with a great smoke ring and smoke flavor and a really nice spicy flavorful bark. Several people in the league said that it was probably the best barbecue that they had ever had. People went crazy over the sides as well. There were way too many options to get all of the sides on your plate at one time, so a couple people would be raving about how incredible the pork and beans and jambalaya were while others were raving about the collard greens and macaroni and cheese. Then, everyone would go back for second helpings of the meat, select different sides, and then echo all of the raving from the other half of the league that got them the first time around. Everything was absolutely fantastic. It was really a highlight of our epic trip to New Orleans. We have a 12-year tradition of eating barbecue on our draft day, but this was without a doubt the best draft day barbecue experience we have ever had. It exceeded my already incredibly high expectations. We ate so much food that I think most of the league was in a food coma for the first hour of our auction draft, yet we kept taking regular beer/barbecue/bathroom breaks throughout the draft during which everyone kept eating even more barbecue. Tipsy, you definitely have a group of new hardcore fans across the country. Several people were saying that they wanted to write Yelp reviews for McClure's, even though they aren't even regular Yelpers. I'm going to write up a 5-star review this week. Thanks so much to Tipsy for coordinating and preparing all of the food for us. It was awesome.

ETA - I took a bunch of pictures of our McClure's feast to post here, but unfortunately I woke up on Sunday morning in New Orleans with no phone and a terrible hangover. I'm pretty sure I accidentally donated my iPhone to a New Orleans taxi driver at around 5 AM on Sunday morning. I know my friends were taking pictures of our feast as well, so I'll see if someone can email me a picture to post.

Edited by Buckfast 1
  • Like 6

Hey tipsy - saw your episode of Best In Chow. As others have said, I thought McClure's and you in particular came off well, more authentic than your competitors in the episode.

That host didn't deserve to eat your food. On those street shots, I wanted him to get run over by Guy Fieri's convertible - getthat host off my TV, throw Fieri in jail for manslaughter, win-win.

Seriously, though, so glad you got to be on the show, glad it has already expanded your customer base, and GL going forward. I shall dream of brisket cheesesteak tonight.

2nd that. Keep it going!!

Tipsy, great news on all front. What type of relationship are you estalblishing with ocean springs, what do you own

details not completely worked out.....but a good chunk of his already busy bar.
better to work this stuff out up front. You will be doing a lot of traveling and work for mcc2. For your own sake, make sure these issues are resolved.
  • Like 1

Our fantasy football league's draft day barbecue feast from McClure's was incredible. I picked up an "All Meat, All Sides" catering order for 10-12 people on Saturday afternoon before our auction draft. We had huge trays of brisket, pulled pork, ribs, sausage, chicken, macaroni and cheese, barbecue jambalaya, pork and beans, collard greens, cole slaw, and cornbread. The amount of food that we had was just insane. As soon as we started digging in to our feast, everyone started raving about the barbecue and the sides. All of the smoked meats were incredible. Extremely tender and flavorful meat with a great smoke ring and smoke flavor and a really nice spicy flavorful bark. Several people in the league said that it was probably the best barbecue that they had ever had. People went crazy over the sides as well. There were way too many options to get all of the sides on your plate at one time, so a couple people would be raving about how incredible the pork and beans and jambalaya were while others were raving about the collard greens and macaroni and cheese. Then, everyone would go back for second helpings of the meat, select different sides, and then echo all of the raving from the other half of the league that got them the first time around. Everything was absolutely fantastic. It was really a highlight of our epic trip to New Orleans. We have a 12-year tradition of eating barbecue on our draft day, but this was without a doubt the best draft day barbecue experience we have ever had. It exceeded my already incredibly high expectations. We ate so much food that I think most of the league was in a food coma for the first hour of our auction draft, yet we kept taking regular beer/barbecue/bathroom breaks throughout the draft during which everyone kept eating even more barbecue. Tipsy, you definitely have a group of new hardcore fans across the country. Several people were saying that they wanted to write Yelp reviews for McClure's, even though they aren't even regular Yelpers. I'm going to write up a 5-star review this week. Thanks so much to Tipsy for coordinating and preparing all of the food for us. It was awesome.

ETA - I took a bunch of pictures of our McClure's feast to post here, but unfortunately I woke up on Sunday morning in New Orleans with no phone and a terrible hangover. I'm pretty sure I accidentally donated my iPhone to a New Orleans taxi driver at around 5 AM on Sunday morning. I know my friends were taking pictures of our feast as well, so I'll see if someone can email me a picture to post.

Sounds ####### awesome! My draft is next Saturday and this makes me want to make the 5 hour drive down there just to pick up this exact order you got! How much was this package?

Damn I'm hungry!

Edited by Emerson Biggens

Sounds ####### awesome! My draft is next Saturday and this makes me want to make the 5 hour drive down there just to pick up this exact order you got! How much was this package?

Damn I'm hungry!

With tip and $10 worth of Tipsy's rubs, the total came out to around $200, so everyone in the league threw in $20 for the feast. It was well-worth the cost, especially considering the unbelievable amount of food we had. I just got an email this morning from one of the guys in the league saying that he is still eating barbecue leftovers and that they are still delicious.

Damn I'm hungry!

With tip and $10 worth of Tipsy's rubs, the total came out to around $200, so everyone in the league threw in $20 for the feast. It was well-worth the cost, especially considering the unbelievable amount of food we had. I just got an email this morning from one of the guys in the league saying that he is still eating barbecue leftovers and that they are still delicious.

Wow, that is a great deal. I do a BBQ at home for 10 people and it costs me more than that to do myself.

Damn I'm hungry!

If you do this I'll throw in on gas money and place an order with ya, GB...

Damn I'm hungry!

If you do this I'll throw in on gas money and place an order with ya, GB...

I am seriously considering if I can somehow come up with the time to go back and forth. I'll definitely let you know if I do!

Thanks for the praise buckfast....sorry i wasn't here for the pick up...was hanging with Tiger Fan so its really his fault.

I did tell them to go a little heavy on yalls order...sounds like they did. I appreciate the order and the favorable yelp review.

• Like 1

I'm interested if any of them were disappointed in the bread change.

not verbally at least. of the ones that saw the show, less than half actually ordered the sandwich.

Tipsy, great news on all front. What type of relationship are you estalblishing with ocean springs, what do you own

details not completely worked out.....but a good chunk of his already busy bar.
better to work this stuff out up front. You will be doing a lot of traveling and work for mcc2. For your own sake, make sure these issues are resolved.

i won't spend more than a couple of days a week over there outside of the first month. And as time goes on...one day a week. Max. I'm not going to be the operations guy ....so weird to me to even say it....i'm opening a restaurant that I won't be running.

It's so awesome and inspiring watching Tipsy living his dream of entrepreneurship. What a chronicle this thread has become! The hard work is paying off and feeding on itself; take a moment to step back and enjoy it. The positivity is infectious.

• Like 1

Scale = $$ :thumbup:

.... I'm not going to be the operations guy ....so weird to me to even say it....i'm opening a restaurant that I won't be running.

I think most of us are kind of hoping that you are going to need to suffer through getting used to opening restaurants that you won't be running but instead just seeing a check deposited into your account.

Edited by Bottomfeeder Sports
  • Like 1