What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (2 Viewers)

A buddy of mine is wearing a Memphis in May Editon McClures shirt to a Tech convention in San Francisco.

Someone recognized the logo and asked my buddy if he was from New Orleans. :lol:

Sammys making a come back......

McClure's Barbecue

31.55% (259 votes)

Sammy's Food Service and Deli

27.41% (225 votes)

Company Burger

20.58% (169 votes)

Port of Call

14.13% (116 votes)

aight. thats much better.

McClure's Barbecue

36.94% (341 votes)

Sammy's Food Service and Deli

26.11% (241 votes)

Company Burger

18.42% (170 votes)

Port of Call

12.78% (118 votes)

Thank you for voting!

McClure's Barbecue 36.91% (344 votes)

Sammy's Food Service and Deli 25.97% (242 votes)

Company Burger 18.56% (173 votes)

tipsy mcstagger said:
Rohn Jambo said:
The printed up the results of the best burger poll for the readers this past thursday. it would explain why we sold out of buns every day... thanks dorks :)
You mean entire burgers and not only the buns, right?
no...plenty of meat....the buns i order fresh daily. they are not available at the supermarket.
Yes, the Dong buns look pretty badass.

https://www.facebook.com/mccluresbarbecue/photos/a.196283233783433.47720.196278163783940/702989819779436/?type=1&relevant_count=1

We were in town this weekend with another couple for the GT/Tulane game and finished off the trip yesterday with all meats & all sides for lunch. Outstanding meal again. The only variation from last time in the spring was red beans & rice instead of beans & pork which I assume is a Monday thing. I would loved to have tried a burger, but I couldn't pass up the sampler. Next trip, we'll have to visit twice, once for BBQ and once for burgers.

Update on Ocean Springs?
We started selling sandwiches only for the late night menu....straight reheats from stuff I transport over. Same quality the late night menu will have even when we start cooking over there. it was a move just to get our stuff going even on a small scale. Health department forcing us to enclose the pit and have a walkway to kitchen...so we are a couple weeks delayed but could be ready to roll by next week.

partner Ryan has moved over there and is starting to manage the place already. it was needed. they have been without a "person" running the place in months....management by committee generally makes the staff & customer base suffer. biz is a little slow, but everyone in the industry is down in September so I'm not worried about that.

Meanwhile...I've had to add staff in NOLA not only to replace me, but to help with the increased biz we continue to have. this past 4 week period was 35% higher than last year. Catering is booming and our lunches and dinners continue to grow at a nice pace as well. Exploring the limits to what our pit can do fairly often on the weekends. This weekend we are catering pork, slaw, and jambalaya for 500 people....whoa.

And I just fed Bryan Cranston (breaking bad)....so that was cool.

Cool on Cranston, and great on the progress in Ocean Springs. The authorities always take up too much time, better it s now than when it's high season.

Still owe you a t-shirt picture. Got plans but a few obstacles on all of them...

Update on Ocean Springs?
We started selling sandwiches only for the late night menu....straight reheats from stuff I transport over. Same quality the late night menu will have even when we start cooking over there. it was a move just to get our stuff going even on a small scale. Health department forcing us to enclose the pit and have a walkway to kitchen...so we are a couple weeks delayed but could be ready to roll by next week.

partner Ryan has moved over there and is starting to manage the place already. it was needed. they have been without a "person" running the place in months....management by committee generally makes the staff & customer base suffer. biz is a little slow, but everyone in the industry is down in September so I'm not worried about that.

Meanwhile...I've had to add staff in NOLA not only to replace me, but to help with the increased biz we continue to have. this past 4 week period was 35% higher than last year. Catering is booming and our lunches and dinners continue to grow at a nice pace as well. Exploring the limits to what our pit can do fairly often on the weekends. This weekend we are catering pork, slaw, and jambalaya for 500 people....whoa.

Awesome to see business cranking. GF and I will be down for a wedding with friends from Memphis NEXT weekend and will be dropping in saturday the 27th. Hoping to swing by for lunch if you're going to be around. GF is dying to try the burger and I want the other guys to try your 'que.

Last edited by a moderator:
You getting pics of celebs that come through for the walls?
not my style....my favorite snub of all time was when Newt Gingrich's handler said if we wanted photos with him that now was the time...i simply said "the memories are just fine thanks". i can't stand asking someone for a pic, autograph, etc. Now that i'm famous i get it... :)

You getting pics of celebs that come through for the walls?
not my style....my favorite snub of all time was when Newt Gingrich's handler said if we wanted photos with him that now was the time...i simply said "the memories are just fine thanks". i can't stand asking someone for a pic, autograph, etc. Now that i'm famous i get it... :)
:lol:

Gotcha, and I don't blame you at all. Was just curious what approach you were taking with that. I imagine they'll probably appreciate getting to eat a meal without the hassle for a change. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread