What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (1 Viewer)

Kickstarter keeps a good chunk, and the taxes on it suck, from what I've heard. Research it fully. If it is just operating cash influx a return could come around fairly quickly, right? You may be able to raise that in here.
Kickstarter keeps 5% and there's a 3-5% processing fee...but kick starter doesn't allow personal funding, its creative only and your project has to be approved. Indiegogo or GoFundMe would be better options.Here's a list of costs/fees for some of the more popular crowd funding sites

http://www.crowdfunding.com/

All of those are donation only, right? I thought for loans both the lender and lendee had to be accredited or something?

Just going off if what I read a few months back, I could be wrong

If there was a group putting together funds, I'm sure I could contribute to help. I have a fair amount of personal cash going unused. My wife and I believe in giving ourselves healthy personal money to do with as we please.

I'd do $250 with no trip planned to NO in the near future. When i do make it there all I'd ask is for a handshake from the owner and one night/afternoon tab covered for the wife and I. Maybe a T-Shirt in the meantime would be nice.....

Seriously - put together a package of some sort with future In-store credit, BBQ rub and T-Shirts and I'm guessing you cold raise $25K around here with little up-front expense.

this is making for some restless sleep.... my dreams were all about failure, being overwhelmed, and giant racoons last night. I can guess the 1st two but the racoons are really giving me pause today.... :)

I'd be in to contribute $ for a t-shirt and some Q if I ever end up in NOLA (Godsbrother and I want to do a trip someday)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I would see what you can raise here first before ever going to a kickstarter type of site. It sounds like there are plenty of people willing to throw money at your feet Tipsy, including me. :moneybag: :2cents:

Talking with the building owner today. I must slow him down on insistence that it happens so quickly. Even though I have the potential staff I need to take a bit more time getting a few new people up to speed and just really to take a deep breath. I won't lie....I'm also suddenly scared to death of having two stores. I swear my dreams are freaked out right now.....not sure what it means but they seem to be telling me this is dangerous and life changing at the minimum. Besides I need a few weeks just to process the logistics necessary to make this all happen.

I still want to...I just need to slow it all down.

Talking with the building owner today. I must slow him down on insistence that it happens so quickly. Even though I have the potential staff I need to take a bit more time getting a few new people up to speed and just really to take a deep breath. I won't lie....I'm also suddenly scared to death of having two stores. I swear my dreams are freaked out right now.....not sure what it means but they seem to be telling me this is dangerous and life changing at the minimum. Besides I need a few weeks just to process the logistics necessary to make this all happen.

Take your time and do it right. You'll be happier and more successful in the long run. If he can't wait then maybe it wasn't the right time.

This is probably a good call.

Big stuff like this.. I find it helps me to write it all down..categorize everything and break it off into chunks to attack, rather than staring at a wall of obligations and not knowing where to begin.

Congrats GB!

Be careful. My sister, also the chef opened a second location in year 2, 3 or so. Since she was the chef, she was indispensable to both locations. It wore her out. 2nd location closed after about 14 months. Original location was crazy busy #2 was decently busy, but it was just too much without someone to totally run the other kitchen, unpossible in her case.

Man I gotta make it to NO
ive got the kitchen guy to do it...he cooks my stuff now. i have another guy i can split time with here at original for running the pit. One pit may supply both a few days a week...very feasible with such a short distance.

all I really need is the operational cash to get this one running by the end of the month. anybody got 15 to 20k they want to make a nice return on within the year???
I might be interested in this. PM me if you are still looking and serious.

I'd be in for a few bucks too. I'll be down in NOLA for new year's this year. Somehow I'll have a group of 20+ joining my wife and I and we've been talking McClure's up since last year. Can't wait for it again.

Why don't you tell the owner that he can keep all leaseholds if you bump the timetable up. What's his big rush anyways?

Take your time brother. Can't say that enough. Don't fool yourself that it'll be easy. It will be a brand new restaurant needing all the attention that a brand new restaurant needs. You can definitely do it, but it will have its challenges.

You want an operating partner? :D

he is ok with slowing it down while i vet all this out.

jumping in as fast as I was thinking is just my excitability...its a good spot but i really need to make sure i can make this happen.

lots of support here as usual. if i do some fundraising i will do some here so i'll get back to all of ya who have posted or sent PM's sometime this weekend.

speaking of fundraising, how does this offer sound?.... will travel to your city and cook bbq for you and 100 of your friends for $5000*

Menu includes ALL MEATS & ALL SIDES.

(Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia will cost more)

speaking of fundraising, how does this offer sound?.... will travel to your city and cook bbq for you and 100 of your friends for $5000*

this would be sweet for anyone planning a backyard wedding

he is ok with slowing it down while i vet all this out.

jumping in as fast as I was thinking is just my excitability...its a good spot but i really need to make sure i can make this happen.

lots of support here as usual. if i do some fundraising i will do some here so i'll get back to all of ya who have posted or sent PM's sometime this weekend.
I'm in GB...

This could potentially create the largest FFA cornhole known to man.

I'm thinking somewhere right in the middle of the country that already has some decent BBQ would be a great spot. Maybe, like, I don't know....St. Louis? 100 FBGs at $50/head.

I'm thinking you need to pick a centralize location and just throw the biggest FBG cornhole ever. Admission $250 all you can eat.

I'm thinking somewhere right in the middle of the country that already has some decent BBQ would be a great spot. Maybe, like, I don't know....St. Louis? 100 FBGs at $50/head.
:unsure: :tinfoilhat:

Bad idea. I think you need to do it in a city that isn't already a BBQ mecca, like say Minneapolis or St. Paul...preferably St. Paul.

Bad idea. I think you need to do it in a city that isn't already a BBQ mecca, like say Minneapolis or St. Paul...preferably St. Paul.
:no: I'm thinking the Metro-Detroit area would be ideal.

I'm thinking somewhere right in the middle of the country that already has some decent BBQ would be a great spot. Maybe, like, I don't know....St. Louis? Kansas City? 100 FBGs at $50/head.

ChiefD said:

I'm thinking somewhere right in the middle of the country that already has some decent BBQ would be a great spot. Maybe, like, I don't know....St. Louis? Kansas City? 100 FBGs at $50/head.
I quite possibly will drive within a ~5 hour radius of Chicago to experience this.

ChiefD said:

I quite possibly will drive within a ~5 hour radius of Chicago to experience this.
:goodposting:

If some major FBG party catered by Tipsy were to occur anywhere even close to me, I'd be there.

Denver is the logical choice for large city in the middle of the country that people might actually want to go to. There are also additional benefits to enhance one's appetite there.

ChiefD said:

If some major FBG party catered by Tipsy were to occur anywhere even close to me, I'd be there.

Users who are viewing this thread