Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

McClure's BBQ: Upheaval. Again. Oy.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I should have thought more seriously about a kickstarter with y'all....    I'm not too good at asking for help I guess. But.... I have a new silent partner...should become official o

Partnership official! The stress release has begun.  Thank you rye whiskey stash. 😁

holy cow....last second call wants food for 140.    taking my rig and rolling out to the Saints training facility and feeding the entire organization!!!   this is tomorrow.   i'll give my +/

Just watched bbq wars in miami. Thought, mcclures should do this and then I see you are. Hope you won.

Did you catch the miami one tipsy. Was trying to figure out how they got their smoking hours. One guy had his ribs smoking for 2 hours.

Saw your 'advertisement' about rubs on Facebook tonite. You ship? Please? :wub:

:popcorn:

Send a check for $20 , with your name, address, and email sent to

McClure's Barbecue

4800 Magazine

New Orleans, LA 70115

The twenty gets you the sampler pack of Pecan Smoked Salt, Butt Rub, Rib Rub, Chicken Rub, and Brisket rub. 3 oz of each shipped to your door.

Next up...a drastic increase in those prices once I get them professionally packaged (local fbg has been contracted to make this and the bottling and distribution of my sauces happen). I'm going to smoke sea salt with five different woods: Pecan, Hickory, Apple, Peach, and Cherry.... 5 salts & 4 rubs & 6 sauces coming to an internet store soon.

So you did end up smoking some salt :thumbup: Thought you would dig that. Was it easy enough? Just throw in the corner while you cook?

Just had a fantastic idea. Bloody Mary with Smoked Salt rim. Holy crap, can't wait to try one of those.

Edited by Sebowski

What's up with that hog you're cooking on Monday? I've got the night off and plan on swinging by with some work peeps.

two pigs....all you can eat for 12 bucks....happy 1st anniversary McClure's.

Tuesday we start back with 7 days a week too...pass the word. I keep seeing more and more of the staff from down the street thanks to your word of mouth!

Just watched bbq wars in miami. Thought, mcclures should do this and then I see you are. Hope you won.

Did you catch the miami one tipsy. Was trying to figure out how they got their smoking hours. One guy had his ribs smoking for 2 hours.

bbq is very subjective. everyone swears by their methods. i know everyone doing it differently than I do are doing it wrong :)

• Like 1

Saw your 'advertisement' about rubs on Facebook tonite. You ship? Please? :wub:

:popcorn:

Send a check for $20 , with your name, address, and email sent to

McClure's Barbecue

4800 Magazine

New Orleans, LA 70115

The twenty gets you the sampler pack of Pecan Smoked Salt, Butt Rub, Rib Rub, Chicken Rub, and Brisket rub. 3 oz of each shipped to your door.

Next up...a drastic increase in those prices once I get them professionally packaged (local fbg has been contracted to make this and the bottling and distribution of my sauces happen). I'm going to smoke sea salt with five different woods: Pecan, Hickory, Apple, Peach, and Cherry.... 5 salts & 4 rubs & 6 sauces coming to an internet store soon.

So you did end up smoking some salt :thumbup: Thought you would dig that. Was it easy enough? Just throw in the corner while you cook?

Just had a fantastic idea. Bloody Mary with Smoked Salt rim. Holy crap, can't wait to try one of those.

It is easy...we did some back at Dante's but not sure why I waited so long to do it over here. Now the sales part is brilliant...i don't know why i've drug my feet here. An online store and getting in some local stores is where its at....

one year...i cannot believe it.

edited to add: i'm having a bloody mary from across the street with proposed smoked salt rim...its bomb. i gave them a healthy supply to try out today.

Edited by tipsy mcstagger
  • Like 3

one year...i cannot believe it.

edited to add: i'm having a bloody mary from across the street with proposed smoked salt rim...its bomb. i gave them a healthy supply to try out today.

Had a bloody over there last time we were in town.... well more than one. Great bloody. Betting the smoked salt is a killer touch.

Ruthe will be shipping out "That thing" that's been in our garage since BBQfest. Sorry man! Should have it by Wednesday though!

• Like 1

man...i feel sort of insulted...my first customers of the day split an all meat & all side between 3 people and are now finishing off two more plates of food they ordered. its sort of gratifying that i know they will not be able to do anything now for the next several hours. enjoy the meat sweats.

Sorry for being so obtuse - is there an appearance this Wednesday at 9pm? On the Food Channel?

This

on the cooking channel...9 pm central

FYI it is called: Best in Chow - then sub title BBQ Wars, to help the other people that don't know the show to find it.

Sorry for being so obtuse - is there an appearance this Wednesday at 9pm? On the Food Channel?

This

FYI it is called: Best in Chow - then sub title BBQ Wars, to help the other people that don't know the show to find it.
Thanks for the tip Edited by Andrew74

trying to fire two whole pigs by yourself....sucks. having the food reporter from the paper stop and give you a hand...priceless :)

:clap:

Post pics!

trying to fire two whole pigs by yourself....sucks. having the food reporter from the paper stop and give you a hand...priceless :)

:clap:

Post pics!

one on facebook

im not opening up pits for a while...the rain this past week has dampened my firewood...its being a pain in the butt.

This

good tip. I was frustrated searching for BBQ Wars on the DVR. The show is called Best in Chow.

What's up with that hog you're cooking on Monday? I've got the night off and plan on swinging by with some work peeps.

two pigs....all you can eat for 12 bucks....happy 1st anniversary McClure's.

Tuesday we start back with 7 days a week too...pass the word. I keep seeing more and more of the staff from down the street thanks to your word of mouth!

Pork party! There's gonna be a few of us out there later.

• Like 1

My fantasy football league is holding our live auction draft in New Orleans this weekend. Our group of 10 guys rented out a house in New Orleans that has a huge media room with a 108" projector screen to display the updated draft results and team budgets during the draft.

The best part is that our draft day experience is going to be catered by McClure's! I'll be picking up an order of "All Meats, All Sides" for 10-12 people for lunch before the draft on Saturday. I can't wait to see this ridiculous smorgasbord of smoked meats and sides in all its glory. I am pumped to introduce my friends to the best barbecue in New Orleans. I'll upload a picture of our McClure's spread when I get back next week.

It should be an absolutely epic weekend. Special thanks to Tipsy for helping make our destination draft weekend in New Orleans legendary.

Edited by Buckfast 1
  • Like 6

My fantasy football league is holding our live auction draft in New Orleans this weekend. Our group of 10 guys rented out a house in New Orleans that has a huge media room with a 108" projector screen to display the updated draft results and team budgets during the draft.

The best part is that our draft day experience is going to be catered by McClure's! I'll be picking up an order of "All Meats, All Sides" for 10-12 people for lunch before the draft on Saturday. I can't wait to see this ridiculous smorgasbord of smoked meats and sides in all its glory. I am pumped to introduce my friends to the best barbecue in New Orleans. I'll upload a picture of our McClure's spread when I get back next week.

It should be an absolutely epic weekend. Special thanks to Tipsy for helping make our destination draft weekend in New Orleans legendary.

badass idea

Love this idea.

I'll take a PM.