What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 'em Week 8 (1 Viewer)

lefteye

Footballguy
Things are starting to heat up and if you've been following along with us, your probably near the top of your pool. My thoughts on week 8, I look forward to your replies.

Sunday October 30, 2011

Arizona (1-5, Road: 0-3) 1:00 pm EDT

Baltimore (4-1, Home: 3-0) FOX

New Orleans (5-2, Road: 2-2) 1:00 pm EDT

St. Louis (0-6, Home: 0-3) FOX

This is a tough one. Minny showed some moxy with Ponder against GB. Carolina has

showed that with some passing leadership, they can still play. This one is a toss-up for and I'm not yet decided.

Carolina plays outside on natural grass. In the toss-up, I'll give the edge to the team playing on their natural surface.

Minnesota (1-6, Road: 0-3) 1:00 pm EDT

Carolina (2-5, Home: 2-2) FOX

Wow, another toss-up. Tenn looked abysmal vs Hou last week but did they look half as bad as Indy did? Tenn also plays

on natural grass. I'll take the home team with the different surface again.

Indianapolis (0-7, Road: 0-4) 1:00 pm EDT

Tennessee (3-3, Home: 2-1) CBS

This is the perfect trap game for the Giants. They have a very hard road after this game and tend to play down to their competition.

Still, the smart money picks the giants and I'm not going to vary from the pack on this one.

Miami (0-6, Road: 0-3) 1:00 pm EDT

NY Giants (4-2, Home: 2-1) CBS

Jacksonville (1-5, Road: 0-3) 1:00 pm EDT

Houston (4-3, Home: 2-1) CBS

Is Detroit a different team without Jahvid Best or was last week Atlanta's return to the top. It's one thing for Tebow to work some

magic against the Dolphins (who doesn't kick the extra point), it's another to do it against the Lions. Unless, of course, it's a Matt

Stafford-less Detroit Lions. My pick may flip=flop on this one if Detroit rolls with a backup QB.

Detroit (5-2, Road: 3-0) 4:05 pm EDT

Denver (2-4, Home: 1-2) FOX

Washington's a mess offensively and Buffalo can still put up points, can't see Wash keeping pace.

Washington (3-3, Road: 1-2) 4:05 pm EDT

Buffalo (4-2, Home: 3-0) FOX

Seattle wins games at home against = or < competition. They just do.

Cincinnati (4-2, Road: 2-1) 4:15 pm EDT

Seattle (2-4, Home: 1-1) CBS

SF is now a good team. I guess Harbaugh really can coach.

Cleveland (3-3, Road: 1-1) 4:15 pm EDT

San Francisco (5-1, Home: 2-1) CBS

Tough call here. I haven't seen Pitt play enough to know how good they are besides the #####-slapping they took from the

Ravens. They're 5-2, I don't if that's the result of improved play or an easy schedule.

New England (5-1, Road: 2-1) 4:15 pm EDT

Pittsburgh (5-2, Home: 3-0) CBS

I can't figure these 2 teams out. They're both awesome and suck simultaneously. Can Philly save their season at home?

Dallas (3-3, Road: 1-2) 8:20 pm EDT

Philadelphia (2-4, Home: 0-2) NBC

Monday October 31, 2011

This is another toss up. SD coming off a big loss, KC off a big win. They both play on grass; Monday night is the big stage; yada yada yada. I'm going with the bigger name QB in this one though I have no other logic for it.

San Diego (4-2, Road: 1-2) 8:30 pm EDT

Kansas City (3-3, Home: 1-1) ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll post my picks shortly, but Kansas City on a Monday night seems like a nice chance to gain a game. If you buy into the "rivers is injured" conspiracy theory, it seems as if Kansas City could pull out the win.

Nice thought Harry, like the conspiracy theory thrown in.

if u guys post diff picks, post why ur making them.

I'm flip-flopping on the detroit-denver game. Tebow's got that team doing something special. His 1st start at home, on the grass at Mile High, and Detroit is pretty banged up.

It looks like Stafford is going to play but I just get the feeling Denver's going to take this one.

WORK IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF MY QUEST TO WIN MY PICK EM POOL!!!

Seriously - hoping to post my thoughts a little later today.

NO @ STL

MIA @ NYG

JAC @ HOU

ARI @ BAL

MIN @ CAR - Despite his stats I thought Ponder looked great last week against GB... I feel like another week of first team reps is only going to help him. Close game but I think the Vikes pull this one out.

IND @ TEN

DET @ DEN - This is probably my bigger upset pick, the Lions in my opinion do seem lost without Jahvid Best. I would not have thought his absence would make a difference but without Best there the team is essentially just Stafford and Megatron on offense. Plus, Tebow is god awful (no pun intended). Somehow the kid wins though.

WAS @ BUF - The Skins have the most misleading record in the NFL right now.

CIN @ SEA

NE @ PIT - Tom Brady is to Pittsburgh as Cyanide is to Humans.

CLE @ SF

DAL @ PHI - Philly coming off the bye week, Reid fighting for his job probably made a ton of changes in the scheme to make sure they start off with a big division win.

SD @ KC - Rivers is finally showing that he is terrible and the Chiefs all of a sudden seem to be good again? Man, if only Charles was still there they'd be a force. Still I think they win this one.

Me, and everyone else probably goes this way

NO

NYG

HOU

BAL

TEN

SF

Toss Ups

MIN @ CAR - I think Carolina is playing well and gaining confidence. The edge rush from Minnesota should keep Newton running, which actually benefits Carolina. I think they have enough to win another home game.

DET @ DEN - Playing in Denver is the only reason this game should be a toss up, IMO. Detroit, while struggling is still a much better team. I get the "any given sunday" schtick but I'm taking the better club. Losses against Atlanta/SF are not the worst for this Lions club.

WAS @ BUF - Buffalo at home

CIN @ SEA - I really want to pick CIN here, but at home against an AFC club makes me think Seattle finds a way to win.

NE @ PIT - I like NE here

DAL @ PHI - Andy Reid is 13-0 after a bye week. In a game that is so unpredictable from week to week, I see no reason to go against this trend.

SD @ KC - My thoughts on this game are in an above post. I think a MNF home game at Arrowhead is a nice spot to take KC. Leaning KC currently.

Me, and everyone else probably goes this way

NO

NYG

HOU

BAL

TEN

SF

Toss Ups

MIN @ CAR - I think Carolina is playing well and gaining confidence. The edge rush from Minnesota should keep Newton running, which actually benefits Carolina. I think they have enough to win another home game.

DET @ DEN - Playing in Denver is the only reason this game should be a toss up, IMO. Detroit, while struggling is still a much better team. I get the "any given sunday" schtick but I'm taking the better club. Losses against Atlanta/SF are not the worst for this Lions club.

WAS @ BUF - Buffalo at home

CIN @ SEA - I really want to pick CIN here, but at home against an AFC club makes me think Seattle finds a way to win.

NE @ PIT - I like NE here

DAL @ PHI - Andy Reid is 13-0 after a bye week. In a game that is so unpredictable from week to week, I see no reason to go against this trend.

SD @ KC - My thoughts on this game are in an above post. I think a MNF home game at Arrowhead is a nice spot to take KC. Leaning KC currently.
FYI. Bills are not really at home. Game is in Toronto were they are 0-3. Think they still win but just so u know.

Users who are viewing this thread