What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JoJo's Silver Mine (1 Viewer)

Next opportunity is the 2015 Eisenhower Coin and Chronicles set.

Presales are on EBay now for $200 a piece.

Drops 8/11/15 at noon.

Should be an easy way to turn 125 into 250...provided you can get in.
Went online at 12:00 and was sold out at 12:10. Ebay shows multiple listings for sets over 150, so not too shabby.

The UHR Gold coin is still available, with an expected ship date of 9/1/15. Probably not much point in picking one up at the moment.

Tried to catch the knife twice this week.

Both times I think all I managed to do was lose a finger.

Been five+ years since a $13 handle.

Bump

Amazed that platinum is so low in price, lower than gold. And it is so much rarer. It used to be double the price of gold.
Platinum so industrial though. There was some group of thought that the VW scandal was going to cause Platinum to crash under Palladium.

There's more platinum in the earth, it's just more difficult to get to than gold.

Also still the issue that platinum can be confused with silver to the casual observer, which causes folks like me to shy away.

Gold and silver have a history as money and jewelry. Not sure what I'd do with a stack of Osmium.

I'm always intrigued by platinum, but the premiums are so high and I tend to try for US issued bullion that I can always find something else shiny to waste my money on.

Platinum is supposed to do well in times of economic prosperity, so it wouldn't surprise me to see another run up, but with the main industrial demand being for catalytic converters, I'm concerned that demand will contract.

There were some fun Black Friday sales up today.

However, the reason I bumped is:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2015-one-ounce-platinum-proof-coin-PM8.html

4K mintage makes this key coin in the series. Special 1 of 2 coin. No bullion option, only proof.

I think this is a winner, sad HH limit is 1.

That being said, platinum has been on a long decline from the 2010 highs. Nothing is guaranteed, but I like this for a quick pre X-Mas cash infusion.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2015-one-ounce-platinum-proof-coin-PM8.html

4K mintage makes this key coin in the series. Special 1 of 2 coin. No bullion option, only proof.

That being said, platinum has been on a long decline from the 2010 highs. Nothing is guaranteed, but I like this for a quick pre X-Mas cash infusion.
whew! $1200. What do you estimate ROI might be on that, and when, as soon as the mint sale is done?

whew! $1200. What do you estimate ROI might be on that, and when, as soon as the mint sale is done?
Realistically, think I can pull 150 on a coin within three weeks of the bill hitting the cc.

Mint has household limit of one, so it's not paying for X-Mas, but seems like a little free money for not much effort.

For the risk-averse, you can always cancel an order if the coin doesn't sell out by the end of day.

Realistically, think I can pull 150 on a coin within three weeks of the bill hitting the cc.

Mint has household limit of one, so it's not paying for X-Mas, but seems like a little free money for not much effort.

For the risk-averse, you can always cancel an order if the coin doesn't sell out by the end of day.
where do you sell? eBay?

5 Minute sell out on a 1200 coin. Only managed to get one, but the quick sell-out is a good portent.

Looks like the 2015 Platinum Eagle was a winner. Starting to see sales in the 2K range on ebay.

Major uptick in PMs over the past week. AU threatening the 1200 mark.

Big ones on the horizon from the US Mint are the 1916 100 year reissues. No clear idea on mintage, but any number south of 50K is going to generate a lot of interest.

These are selling out within minutes. Good luck grabbing one but if you do, flip it for a profit right away. Probably get $500 more than what you paid for it if not more than that.

Almost 7% on the day. Biggest gain in 3 years. Wanted to buy 100oz bar back in January but couldn't justify it. Would have been ~$1,400. Today the bar would be worth ~$2,000. Oh well.

These are selling out within minutes. Good luck grabbing one but if you do, flip it for a profit right away. Probably get $500 more than what you paid for it if not more than that.
I don't think we saw this happen. Mintage too great. First strike MS-70 coins seem to be going for 500+. Big ones now are mintage of standing liberty and walking liberty reissues.

I too am kicking my self for not going double fisted back in November 2015 and early this year.

Curious to hear what some of you are doing? Are you buying coins at this time (JMB has $2.49 over spot the Britannia's and Philharmonics) or are you buying bars/rounds?

I think I dipped in to coins just enough but the prices on the Brit's seem good. Libertads are under $19 at this point but I'm doing the 5oz of those. If USA did a 5oz eagle, I'd do those to. (The ATB's are too late in the game to get into those, I feel. It's five years in and a whole collection will never be had by me... premiums way too much for the early ones. The only one I'm looking to buy is Wisconsin but thats in a couple years.)

So, I'm thinking buying bars right now to lower the $ per oz is the way to go but the coins are attractive.
I have 500,000 shares of a silver stock that went from $0.05 CDN to $0.40 CDN 

I have 500,000 shares of a silver stock that went from $0.05 CDN to $0.40 CDN 
If true, I'd take out $50,000 or so of that. Double the initial investment at least. Let the rest ride? I don't know. I would maybe switch it into real silver or another asset of some kind. Today was a good day to get a quick 8x on one asset.

If true, I'd take out $50,000 or so of that. Double the initial investment at least. Let the rest ride? I don't know. I would maybe switch it into real silver or another asset of some kind. Today was a good day to get a quick 8x on one asset.
I sold 200,000 shares when it hit $0.30. No way did I expect it to keep going, but it did.

Feels like it's Asia that's really spurring the runup. Silver got smacked down today, but has gained it back in Asia trading. Gold is starting to flirt with 1400. The sub 1100 days of January seem a distant memory.

Dumb me, eBay had a 10x Bucks last two days. Wife has wanted a piece of jewelry, so this was the perfect time. Switched my card to get an extra .5% back and ran it as a regular card, not through PayPal. 100 bucks down the tube to get 9 miles or something. As long as rates stay low and helicopter money lurks, pm are good. SLQ goes on sale early September. Any mintage under 50k makes me buy hh limit.

Mario Kart said:
Low $40's by Christmas. It'll be $22ish today alone.
Jobs report, ouch. 

I'm completely the other way. Figure rates have to go up at least once more, possibly in September. That's a big smackdown that wasn't factored in at all until today. The Trump/election factor is quickly petering out and it will be business as usual on the street. I'll still buy stuff because I have the willpower of Augustus Gloop in the Hall of Sweets, but if I was looking to make a big purchase, I'm waiting to see a 17.XX handle between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

SLQ early September and WLH probably not going to do much unless mintage is slashed. Mint still hasn't given a date on the Reagan Coin and Chronicles. That's probably the best quick flip on the horizon IMO.

Jobs report, ouch. 

I'm completely the other way. Figure rates have to go up at least once more, possibly in September. That's a big smackdown that wasn't factored in at all until today. The Trump/election factor is quickly petering out and it will be business as usual on the street. I'll still buy stuff because I have the willpower of Augustus Gloop in the Hall of Sweets, but if I was looking to make a big purchase, I'm waiting to see a 17.XX handle between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

SLQ early September and WLH probably not going to do much unless mintage is slashed. Mint still hasn't given a date on the Reagan Coin and Chronicles. That's probably the best quick flip on the horizon IMO.
I planned on only doing bullion but I have my hand in coins now too. A little too many coins for my liking however most of my coins were bought $4-5 dollars ago per spot. Much of my bullion was bought around this price. I'm gonna need to sell some of either or both though cause I need to buy a house/condo soon and I just paid off my biggest loan to help with the house stuff. Bought coins cause they look cool but to also help lower the average of the bullion bought.

Love this board.

Kind of an odd ball one, but on August 23, 2016, the US silver medals based on the 2015 UHR gold Liberty go on sale at $35 a pop. What makes these interesting is that the given product limit for the West Point and San Fran mints are 12.5K. More than 49K of the UHR coins were minted. There is no mintage limit on the medals, so there's a thought that the mint could revisit these for a set, but there's nothing on the product schedule. A mintage of 12.5K is attractive. I can think of worse ways to spend $140. The SLQ is a no go for anything other than completing the set. 100K mintage HH of 1. 

The SLQ dropping tomorrow is likely DOA, but the 30th anniversary of the ASE and the Reagan C&C are promising.

Users who are viewing this thread