What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I love Wrigley and all, but I could buy into the idea of a beautiful brand new park in Rosemont. Maybe even parking would be less than the $20-$40 around Wrigley. It would certainly be a lot easier to get in and out.

Wood falters a little bit so Sveum goes to the absolutely awful Sean Camp in a one-run game? Sveum just gave that one away. What a ####### idiot.

I love Wrigley and all, but I could buy into the idea of a beautiful brand new park in Rosemont. Maybe even parking would be less than the $20-$40 around Wrigley. It would certainly be a lot easier to get in and out.
Without Wrigley the Cubs would be the White Sox.

So I'm making a trip to Wrigley soon for a Sunday afternoon game. What's the scoop on what I need to do in/around the park? I'll be staying in Rosement and will have a car. Am I better off driving and paying to park or using CTA?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm making a trip to Wrigley soon for a Sunday afternoon game. What's the scoop on what I need to do in/around the park? I'll be staying in Rosement and will have a car. Am I better off driving and paying to park or using CTA?

TIA
Solo or w/ a group?

TIA
Take the Blue Line down and then transfer to bus at Addison.

So I'm making a trip to Wrigley soon for a Sunday afternoon game. What's the scoop on what I need to do in/around the park? I'll be staying in Rosement and will have a car. Am I better off driving and paying to park or using CTA? TIA
This. You don't want to drive down there if Wrigleyville is your only destination in the city that day.

So I'm making a trip to Wrigley soon for a Sunday afternoon game. What's the scoop on what I need to do in/around the park? I'll be staying in Rosement and will have a car. Am I better off driving and paying to park or using CTA? TIA
This. You don't want to drive down there if Wrigleyville is your only destination in the city that day.
Thanks guys. Its also "get outta town" day for us, so I was weighing just loading in the car from Wrigley and starting the journey.

What's the standard time I should allow for taking that bus line? Will it be pretty congested because of the game?

Wood falters a little bit so Sveum goes to the absolutely awful Sean Camp in a one-run game? Sveum just gave that one away. What a ####### idiot.
This. I almost punched out my work computer and a squirrel after that one. He cost me a fortune today. Who is managing this team, Rich Kotite?

Find it odd that the rooftop businesses that would be effected by a new scoreboard are just treated like a nuisance in a lot of the commentary I hear. They bought great real-estate and likely paid a premium and signed contracts with the Cubs. Why is the Cubs want for more revenue supersede their's? Just see it as a small example of big business feeling entitled to everything and the public just goes along with it. Screw the Cubs. They signed contracts and are not entitled to anything more without negotiation.

Find it odd that the rooftop businesses that would be effected by a new scoreboard are just treated like a nuisance in a lot of the commentary I hear. They bought great real-estate and likely paid a premium and signed contracts with the Cubs. Why is the Cubs want for more revenue supersede their's? Just see it as a small example of big business feeling entitled to everything and the public just goes along with it. Screw the Cubs. They signed contracts and are not entitled to anything more without negotiation.
Wrigley needs rehab, and I think it's at the point now where fans are willing to let the owners raise money somehow to fix everything that's wrong with the stadium. It's been long overdue. The proposed jumbotron is going to be in the one spot that least hinders rooftop views. As far as other signage, that seems to still be up in the air.

It's a tough situation, and outside of Wrigleyville, I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming sentiment one way or the other as much as there's a desire to see that whatever is broken gets fixed. Chicago has not really warmed up to the Ricketts family. They're good at making themselves unlikable. But I think Cubs fans put the team and the stadium ahead of the rooftops.

pantagrapher said:
Daywalker said:
Wrigley needs rehab, and I think it's at the point now where fans are willing to let the owners raise money somehow to fix everything that's wrong with the stadium. It's been long overdue. The proposed jumbotron is going to be in the one spot that least hinders rooftop views. As far as other signage, that seems to still be up in the air.

It's a tough situation, and outside of Wrigleyville, I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming sentiment one way or the other as much as there's a desire to see that whatever is broken gets fixed. Chicago has not really warmed up to the Ricketts family. They're good at making themselves unlikable. But I think Cubs fans put the team and the stadium ahead of the rooftops.
Solution: Put the jumbotron on top of the roottops

Ooooh, bringing in Marmol in the sixth. It's a bold strategy, Dale. Let's see if pays off for him..

Travis Wood is having an under-the-radar very good start to the season. He's not putting up a lot of K's, but that sub-one WHIP and just barely over two ERA is very impressive.

boubucarow said:
Encyclopedia Brown said:
Travis Wood is having an under-the-radar very good start to the season. He's not putting up a lot of K's, but that sub-one WHIP and just barely over two ERA is very impressive.
The Cub starters as a unit are 4th in ERA, 7th in FIP, 3rd in WHIP, and 4th in HR/9.
What's the bullpen?

Looks like Fuji is headed back to the DL. Just when you think the bullpen could take a step forward...

Next Cubs-Reds series should be interesting after this Garza-Cueto flap.

Once again. They go for the 1st round bat over arm. Looks like it will be the norm for them going forward unless the pitcher is off the charts obvious. The parade of arms should begin in round 2.

Funny thing was listening to the radio broadcasters express some comic dismay as Marmol warmed up. "Cubs are up three, so this is still a save situation [nervous laughter]."

Users who are viewing this thread