What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Cubs claim Cole Hamels off waivers. Will be interesting to see where they go with this. Radio guys were speculating all over the place.

Wrigley might be better than I thought is was gonna be. Almost left but as we were walking out, I said let's watch the bottom if the 11th. Cubs walkoff to wrap up a perfect day at the park.

Annyong said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Wrigley might be better than I thought is was gonna be. Almost left but as we were walking out, I said let's watch the bottom if the 11th. Cubs walkoff to wrap up a perfect day at the park.
That was a good one. What did you think of Wrigley?
I thought I would like it about as much as I liked Dodger Stadium, but I liked it a lot more. I took the tour so they discussed some of the renovations. The only thing it really lacks is open air places fans can watch the game at as they walk around, and I guess those are gonna be addressed. Also the setup of the visitors lockerroom and the batting cages are obviously not ideal.

Hendricks looks like the deal.

Slot him in behind 1 or 2 FA purchases and Arrieta, suddenly the rotation actually looks good.

Slot him in behind 1 or 2 FA purchases and Arrieta, suddenly the rotation actually looks good.
There are a couple of yellow flags in that his MLB BABIP is unsustainably low and his professional K/9 rates are unspectacular. But his combination of good control, HR avoidance and solid GB ratios is promising.

There are a couple of yellow flags in that his MLB BABIP is unsustainably low and his professional K/9 rates are unspectacular. But his combination of good control, HR avoidance and solid GB ratios is promising.
I keep anticipating a 2-inning 6 ER outing, but it has yet to materialize. He and Wada are both looking better than I could have hoped for.

Kid does not get cheated on his swings. Wow.

And Wada continues to impress me. If Hendrick and Wada are both legitimate cogs in the 2015 rotation, that will be nice.

Great game to watch last night, aside from the Castro injury. Brewers are choking big time and the North Side kids are playing some ball.

Buck Showalter has proven to be a pretty good judge of baseball talent, so it is bewildering to see how badly he missed on Jake Arrieta--dude has electric stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't been mentioned yet, but the fan losing his wedding ring while catching Soler's home run the other night was hilarious. Almost looked scripted.

Can we please stop with the 7th inning stretch crap?

Big 1G Network studio guys tonight? Really? Is that the bottom of the barrel?

Plus, the idiots finished the singing about 20 seconds before the music stopped.

just awful.

Can we please stop with the 7th inning stretch crap?

Big 1G Network studio guys tonight? Really? Is that the bottom of the barrel?

Plus, the idiots finished the singing about 20 seconds before the music stopped.

just awful.
When they get that fancy new jumbotron, I say it is time to go to a video montage of Harry singing it and just move on from the D-list celebrities.

Next couple weeks blow, my brother is running the Chicago marathon in a few weeks, so he's kind of turned into a giant #####

Let's revisit this discussion after the marathon. When we are all at the top of our game

Next couple weeks blow, my brother is running the Chicago marathon in a few weeks, so he's kind of turned into a giant #####

Let's revisit this discussion after the marathon. When we are all at the top of our game
It took running a marathon for this to happen?

Users who are viewing this thread