What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Pretty important trade deadline approaching for this organization. Thoughts? Rumors?

Dempster, Garza, Marmol, Soriano? Then again, 12-4 since June 25th. It's fun to watch these guys win. :shrug:

Pretty important trade deadline approaching for this organization. Thoughts? Rumors?Dempster, Garza, Marmol, Soriano? Then again, 12-4 since June 25th. It's fun to watch these guys win. :shrug:
I keep hearing about Dempster or Garza and Barney going to Detroit. I expect Barney to go there at least .

The Cubs are working hard to move Ryan Dempster and they could trade him by the end of the week. The Dodgers, Tigers, Braves, Red Sox and Nationals have all expressed interest in the right-hander, who can veto any trade. The Dodgers would top Dempster's list of potential destinations, followed by the Braves, Ken Rosenthal reported yesterday. There are only a few teams to which the right-hander wouldn't accept a trade.
It would be nice to get some pitching back. Some of these young position players look like they can play.

i've heard a rumore about Boston wanting Dempster which is interesting considering how well Theo knows the Boston system

The Cubs are working hard to move Ryan Dempster and they could trade him by the end of the week. The Dodgers, Tigers, Braves, Red Sox and Nationals have all expressed interest in the right-hander, who can veto any trade. The Dodgers would top Dempster's list of potential destinations, followed by the Braves, Ken Rosenthal reported yesterday. There are only a few teams to which the right-hander wouldn't accept a trade.
It would be nice to get some pitching back. Some of these young position players look like they can play.
I am assuming they are looking for young starting pitching currently in A ball with Dempster. If they trade Garza, I think a highly thought of prospect close to pitching in the big leagues would be the starting point. That is unless they are given access to one of the few good 3B prospects.

i've heard a rumore about Boston wanting Dempster which is interesting considering how well Theo knows the Boston system
I don't think Dempster goes to an AL team especially one with lesser chances of making the playoffs than other teams interested in him

'Annyong said:
'Eephus said:
'Captain Hook said:
I don't think Dempster goes to an AL team especially one with lesser chances of making the playoffs than other teams interested in him
Boston is one game out of the Wild Card :shrug:
Garza has pitched in the AL east, so possibly him?
Twitter rumor mill has Detroit interested.

I don't watch Cubs games (can you blame me?) ... I'm just wondering if it looks like they even pretend to play hard.
If its the ONE thing they do, it's play hard. They just suck. Or they are pretending
They make losing looking easy
Last year they didn't try and didn't care. Even though they aren't any better, this season it is much easier to like the team I have followed my whole life.

Consensus from the pundits seems to be it's a good trade for both teams, and the Cubs should be elated to get a guy like Delgado (I admittedly don't know much about him). Beat reporter Brett Taylor makes a good point on twitter "This deal helps the Cubs a second way: Keeps trade price elevated for Garza/Maholm."

Consensus from the pundits seems to be it's a good trade for both teams, and the Cubs should be elated to get a guy like Delgado (I admittedly don't know much about him). Beat reporter Brett Taylor makes a good point on twitter "This deal helps the Cubs a second way: Keeps trade price elevated for Garza/Maholm."
Young, potential front line starters don't grow on trees.....kids only 22I love this trade.

David Kaplan tweets: "Just spoke with great source. No deal has been agreed upon. Talks ongoing. Nothing done yet."
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Cubs and Braves are waiting on Ryan Dempster's approval on a trade that would send him to Atlanta.

'Annyong said:
'Eephus said:
'Annyong said:
'pantagrapher said:
David Kaplan tweets: "Just spoke with great source. No deal has been agreed upon. Talks ongoing. Nothing done yet."
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Cubs and Braves are waiting on Ryan Dempster's approval on a trade that would send him to Atlanta.
:moneybag:
lol what the hell is going on here?
I heard speculation that the Braves want to sign Dempster to a extension and Dempster is not interested in Atlanta past the rental. If the Braves don't get the extension, they don't include Delgado.Just speculation though it makes a lot of sense.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Dodgers and Cubs are still discussing a Ryan Dempster trade.And there's also some belief that the Braves are still alive in the running for the veteran right-hander. Dempster, 35, has posted a 2.25 ERA and 1.04 WHIP in 104 innings this season for the 42-58 Cubs. He has 10-and-5 rights, which grant him veto power over any potential trade. Jul 30 - 12:56 PM
According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Alfonso Soriano "remains part of" the negotiations between the Dodgers and Cubs centering around Ryan Dempster.Soriano might not be attractive to most teams because of his age and massive contract, but the Dodgers just installed a new ownership ground with deep pockets and he'd be an upgrade to their top-heavy lineup. The 36-year-old outfielder has posted a respectable .832 OPS, 19 home runs and 61 RBI in 93 games played this year. He's owed $18 million in each of the next two seasons.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Dodgers and Cubs are still discussing a Ryan Dempster trade.And there's also some belief that the Braves are still alive in the running for the veteran right-hander. Dempster, 35, has posted a 2.25 ERA and 1.04 WHIP in 104 innings this season for the 42-58 Cubs. He has 10-and-5 rights, which grant him veto power over any potential trade. Jul 30 - 12:56 PM
According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Alfonso Soriano "remains part of" the negotiations between the Dodgers and Cubs centering around Ryan Dempster.Soriano might not be attractive to most teams because of his age and massive contract, but the Dodgers just installed a new ownership ground with deep pockets and he'd be an upgrade to their top-heavy lineup. The 36-year-old outfielder has posted a respectable .832 OPS, 19 home runs and 61 RBI in 93 games played this year. He's owed $18 million in each of the next two seasons.
This would be awesome

This would be awesome
Only if the Dodgers really want Soriano. If they consider it doing the Cubs a favor, they could be including Soriano so that they don't have to give up any talent for Dempster. That said, I am surprised there isn't more talk about Soriano since the Cubs will cover much of his costs and he is playing at a high level since his horrid start. If a team could get him at say 5 million a year, I think he upgrades quite a few teams right now.

Bob Newhart and Jane Byrne are going to parachute into Wrigley to declare the Brett Jackson Golden Sombrero games open.

Users who are viewing this thread