What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Talk Penn State Football (2 Viewers)

Some rumors out there about a potential medical issue with Journey Brown.  Anyone else hearing this?
Hearing the same from another board. Totally bummed, I think he was going to have a huge year and another high draft pick with crazy combine numbers.  Positive news is it’s probably our deepest position room on the team if it ends up being true.  Hope it’s not long term serious for him.

Per Audrey Snyder, Journey Brown won't play, but he'll be at the games. :rolleyes:

Whoop-de-freaking-do.  I'm OK with him opting out; it's his life.  I'm just not sure why this is news.  If he's not suiting up, he may as well be riding the Nittany Lion statue like a hobby horse for all the good it does.

Per Audrey Snyder, Journey Brown won't play, but he'll be at the games. :rolleyes:

Whoop-de-freaking-do.  I'm OK with him opting out; it's his life.  I'm just not sure why this is news.  If he's not suiting up, he may as well be riding the Nittany Lion statue like a hobby horse for all the good it does.
I think the younger guys are talented enough for us to continue to run the ball well, but I do worry about pass protection.  Clifford already has a tendency to have "happy feet".  Hopefully Trautwein can figure out how to keep him (Clifford) protected.

Tom Servo said:
 I'm OK with him opting out; it's his life. 
Is he opting out due to COVID or is it the medical diagnosis? It would seem if he's going to be at the games and around the team that it's due to a medical condition, and that's news.

You guys know way, way more about this than me. What are you hearing?

Is he opting out due to COVID or is it the medical diagnosis? It would seem if he's going to be at the games and around the team that it's due to a medical condition, and that's news.

You guys know way, way more about this than me. What are you hearing?
Some sort of heart related condition is the rumor...may or may not be related to a previous spout of COVID.  

Why now announce now on Journey when this has been known for a few months?  Timing seems a little suspicious.

How does Ohio St, and other programs, get there top players back after opting out and Penn St does not?

The Journey thing is weird.  Wasn't it said that the issue occurred over the summer?  That sounds quite ominous.  Hope the kid is OK.

Yeah, the way I read it there are three possibilities:

1) He got Covid or not this summer, but when they did the heart scan for myocarditis, he had potential issues so he's sitting out. 

2) He got Covid this summer and is scared (not judging at all) so he is sitting out because he's worried about myocarditis. 

3) He is just worried in general without having any real heart issue and is using that explanation instead of just opting out. 

I wouldn't think it would be option 3, but you never know. I would think if he just wanted to opt out, like Parsons, he would just say so. But you never know. Will probably be more obvious when we see if he starts training for the draft before the season is over. 

ConstruxBoy said:
I wouldn't think it would be option 3, but you never know. I would think if he just wanted to opt out, like Parsons, he would just say so. But you never know. Will probably be more obvious when we see if he starts training for the draft before the season is over. 
Franklin explains...sort of.

Franklin offered few details on the news, which broke Tuesday morning, that Penn State’s star running back has a health issue that could cause him to miss the 2020 season.

As expected, Franklin did not identify the issue. He did imply that it was not related to COVID-19, that it was still possible Brown could play this season, and that even if he doesn’t, he’ll still be around the team at practices and games.

“This thing isn’t decided yet,’’ Franklin said. “Everything is still to be determined, but the man, we’re not losing. I’m never losing Journey, … his leadership on our team is significant, his leadership on our team is needed.’’

Penn State is exceptionally deep at running back. Expect Noah Cain, listed first on the season’s first depth chart at RB, to start in Brown’s sted.

“We do feel like Noah has the ability to carry the load, and feel like Devyn (Ford) has a chance to do that as well,’’ Franklin said.

“And we'll see how close those two young guys (true freshmen Caziah Holmes and Kayvne Lee) are ready to play based on how they prepare this week, but you'd love to get them in the game.’’

All that and they should have won. Franklin is a ####### moron. 9 points is 2 possessions. 8 points does nothing for you. Basic math.

Users who are viewing this thread