What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

Gonna be some major riots there tonight.
Whoever ESPN was interviewing all day that works for the Altoona newspaper said he was getting emails wishing he was dead from Joepa lovers. Said there were hundreds calling him scum of the earth for "telling lies about Joepa," and some he called "too troubling to repeat." fans=fanatics

These local reporters are a ####### joke.
To be fair, most of these reporters would have no careers if it wasn't for Paterno so of course they will be biased. It doesn't really sound like impartiality is a high priority in that area

Last edited by a moderator:
Penn State is done. This is absolutely rocking their football program (as it should). I can't imagine them coming back from this.

From wiki

John P. Surma (1954 in Pittsburgh – ) is the chief executive officer and chairman of the board of United States Steel Corporation.

Surma received his bachelor’s in accounting in 1976 from Pennsylvania State University, following which he joined Price Waterhouse, in 1987, he was admitted as a partner. In 1983 Surma was picked for Ronald Reagan’s Executive Exchange Program in Washington, D.C., where he worked with the Federal Reserve Board.

In 1997 he was hired at Marathon Oil, then a subsidiary of U. S. Steel, as the senior vice president for finance & accounting.[1] In 1998, he became president of Speedway SuperAmerica, a subsidiary of Marathon, and in 2001 he became president of Marathon Ashland Petroleum, another subsidiary. When U. S. Steel and Marathon separated at the end of 2001, he stayed with U. S. Steel as vice chairman and chief financial officer.[2] He became president of U. S. Steel in March 2003,[3] and chairman of the board as of February 2006.[4][5]

Among his current posts Surma is chairman of the International Iron and Steel Institute,[6] vice chairman of the American Iron and Steel Institute, and a member of the board of directors of the National Association of Manufacturers. He is also involved with education and community development in Pittsburgh.

Surma became an honorary member of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) in 2006.[citation needed]

Surma received the American Iron and Steel Institute's Elbert Gary Medal in 2006.[7]

Contents  [hide] 

1 Compensation

2 Notes

3 References

4 See also

[edit]Compensation

While CEO of United States Steel in 2008, John P. Surma earned a total compensation of $11,130,689, which included a base salary of $1,218,336, a cash bonus of $3,250,000, stocks granted of $4,174,028, options granted of $2,233,336, and other compensation of $254,989.[8]

In 2009 he requested a 20% salary reduction and more than 60% reduction in his compensation package citing the difficult business environment.[9]

I like this dude. And damn he's made some coin.

I think the questions being asked show how it was possible for these guys (Paterno, etc.) to feel so untouchable for so long.

I know this is insignificant and not important in the grand scheme of things considering the heinous crimes committed... but this scumbag Sandusky has brought down a legend and an institution. Don't get me wrong, all those involved deserve it, but it's just amazing how one person can ruin so many lives.

Are all these reporters from the student newspaper??? Some of the questions are just bizarre and unprofessional. I love when the guy asked the reporter if it was a statement or a question.

Wow did some reporter just ask whether this was their opportunity to get Paterno since they wanted him out in 2004? :X

what do you say about reports that the Board has been gunning for Paterno since 2004 and this provided an opportunity for you to fire him?

I know this is insignificant and not important in the grand scheme of things considering the heinous crimes committed... but this scumbag Sandusky has brought down a legend and an institution. Don't get me wrong, all those involved deserve it, but it's just amazing how one person can ruin so many lives.
All these people whose lives are now "ruined" had a chance everyday they woke up in them morning for the last 20 years to take action.Now lets focus on the important lives of the 20-40-100??? kids whose lives are forever changed.

i am sad that students are supporting him because one time my wife and i were in trafalger square and there was a protest going on against child abuse and i remember asking my wife who would actually have a rally in support of child abuse? but hey way to go penn state students i guess i now have my answer... wow im sad that people put a football program in front of absused and raped children it makes me sick and shows how totally screwed up our sosiety is wow very sad
So you REALLY think that all the PSU students were there in support of child abuse?
when you cheer on a guy who buried a sexual assault which no doubt led to more children being sodomozied and raped then you bet you are cheering on child abuse and if you dont see that fact then im sorry you are a part of the problem and not the answer what in the hell is wrong with people wow very sad this is nuts

One person couldn't have done it if so many others hadn't assisted.

I read that 23 page grand jury indictment. It's online. He SHOULD be fired. President as well. Unfortunately, these guys think more like big CEO's than like fathers or community members. They only cared about protecting their multi-million dollar brand, which meant that no one could know what happened. So they swept it under the rug, which allowed it to continue for another decade.
That is what really makes this disgusting. Paterno has known this guy since 1969. What arrogance Paterno had to say he was retiring at the end of the season. He is a piece of ____ in my book. Denver Community is outraged. These are our children that were abused.

All radio stations are using this situation to try and educate children and parents alike. Do the same when you have the chance.

All the best,

Craig

One person couldn't have done it if so many others hadn't assisted.
I usually hate Jay Bilas but his description of this as "a conspiracy of cowards" is pretty damn accurate in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread