What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

I know this is insignificant and not important in the grand scheme of things considering the heinous crimes committed... but this scumbag Sandusky has brought down a legend and an institution. Don't get me wrong, all those involved deserve it, but it's just amazing how one person can ruin so many lives.
All these people whose lives are now "ruined" had a chance everyday they woke up in them morning for the last 20 years to take action.Now lets focus on the important lives of the 20-40-100??? kids whose lives are forever changed.
Absolutely. I don't feel sorry for any one of them. And my statement about ruining lives was more about the innocent kids involved, not the people who chose this path.

I know this is insignificant and not important in the grand scheme of things considering the heinous crimes committed... but this scumbag Sandusky has brought down a legend and an institution. Don't get me wrong, all those involved deserve it, but it's just amazing how one person can ruin so many lives.
Yeah, but it didn't have to be that way. If the University had dealt appropriately with situation when it first came up back in 1998 things would be different. It would certainly have been a horrible deal at the time, but the University would have suffered much less damage in the long run. More importantly, innocent kids would have been spared. All it would have taken is one person to stand up and put a stop to it.

The presser is on ESPNews now.
I've never heard more idiotic questions from reporters. They acted like the board was somehow out to get Paterno.
Hero worship. This is most likely why the Attorney General put the indictment online, which is unusual to say the least. These guys can run the town, run the police department, and run much of the state. That's a large reason they have been able to keep it so quiet for this long.

Was good to hear a grown-up address this issue from State College. They did what they had to do. Wasn't so hard, and now the school as a whole can get some much-needed distance from this issue.

:confused: Sandusky has none of that power if Paterno makes one phone call in 2002.

I really cannot believe that people are still defending Paterno. Some moron on a nightly call-in show acting all disgusted that they didn't allow Paterno to retire on his own terms.

Unbelievable.

Why is the Penn State football program a disgrace?

Sandusky wasn't a part of the program in 2002.

Paterno is getting a very raw deal here.

even in the end paterno thought he was invincible. if he resigns yesterday he saves the school heartache bc they probably accept his resignation.

The presser is on ESPNews now.
I've never heard more idiotic questions from reporters. They acted like the board was somehow out to get Paterno.
You are correct hosier,None of them directly asked significant questions.The hell with the college and their townships and reputation, This is disgusting the university, and everyone involved (with knowledge) needs to be fired, prosecuted and one of them should be castrated. I have three children 13, 16, 17. If someone did that to one of my kids, they would never play fantasy football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just dumbfounded by that press conference.

Why in the world would they let students in there? What unbelievably stupid questions.

Just scary.

what do you say about reports that the Board has been gunning for Paterno since 2004 and this provided an opportunity for you to fire him?
This guy made 11M in a year. I would tell that stupid kid to F off.
:lmao: It's really what makes the guy admirable--he didn't get emotional or unreasonable. He knew what he was announcing was right and wasn't going to be baited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the petulance will fade out pretty quickly as the facts sink in with the brainwashed masses up there. Sure a few dopes will cause trouble.

That my friends is what it looks like when your football program gets nuked from orbit.

It will be years before any one even attempts to rummage through those ashes.

Think they forgot about making a decision on McQueary. Guessing he'll be given the option to walk on his own.

The disdain for Paterno is crazy all over the place. Yeah, he didn't make a phone call but who is the guy that saw the activity? Who is the guy that actually did make a phone call... to his dad? As far as 2002, Paterno was inadvertently involved (as far as we know).

Good, Paterno is out. Move on to the next guy... the one who actually did see it. Let the witch hunt begin for him.

I think 93% of the posters (including you) are both pissed and outraged at the whole situation. I think 5% of the posters here are truly enjoying the downfall of PSU and have little concern about the people involved. I think 2% of the posters here are just plain idiots.
You did take in to account Hucks being banned in that number, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
That my friends is what it looks like when your football program gets nuked from orbit.It will be years before any one even attempts to rummage through those ashes.
You've said this before. Do you think they're going 0-12 next year or something?They'll hire a new coach and be fine. Probably their typical 8-4 or 7-5 season.

Users who are viewing this thread