Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation

CNN covering this much better than ESPN

Good info. Chris Fowler being very reasonable on ESPN right now but generally this has been too much.
I thought the big guy (Trevor Maysomething?) before the press conference was really good.

Good info. Chris Fowler being very reasonable on ESPN right now but generally this has been too much.
Fowler flat out calling Paterno deluded and isolated. The first time I've heard anyone call him that, and on point.
Yes, I'm pretty amazed (and heartened) by what he's saying.

I read that 23 page grand jury indictment. It's online. He SHOULD be fired. President as well. Unfortunately, these guys think more like big CEO's than like fathers or community members. They only cared about protecting their multi-million dollar brand, which meant that no one could know what happened. So they swept it under the rug, which allowed it to continue for another decade.

+1

I thought the big guy (Trevor Maysomething?) before the press conference was really good.
Ah, I missed him. Fowler really doing a particularly excellent job right now.

he's been the best guest analyst I've seen thus far.Trevor Matich.

The disdain for Paterno is crazy all over the place. Yeah, he didn't make a phone call but who is the guy that saw the activity? Who is the guy that actually did make a phone call... to his dad? As far as 2002, Paterno was inadvertently involved (as far as we know).

Good, Paterno is out. Move on to the next guy... the one who actually did see it. Let the witch hunt begin for him.

lollers

peace

The disdain for Paterno is crazy all over the place. Yeah, he didn't make a phone call but who is the guy that saw the activity? Who is the guy that actually did make a phone call... to his dad? As far as 2002, Paterno was inadvertently involved (as far as we know). Good, Paterno is out. Move on to the next guy... the one who actually did see it. Let the witch hunt begin for him.

What did you want Paterno to do? State law requires him to report this to his superiors, he did. His only mistake was actually believing the superiors could handle the situation. If his superiors handle it appropriately, none of this happens.

The disdain for Paterno is crazy all over the place. Yeah, he didn't make a phone call but who is the guy that saw the activity? Who is the guy that actually did make a phone call... to his dad? As far as 2002, Paterno was inadvertently involved (as far as we know). Good, Paterno is out. Move on to the next guy... the one who actually did see it. Let the witch hunt begin for him.

How were you able to post this while asking all those questions at the press conference?

Fowler flat out calling Paterno deluded and isolated. The first time I've heard anyone call him that, and on point.
He's 100% correct. People who get that big end up surrounded by Yes men instead of adults that will tell them what they need to hear. Happens in big corporations all the time.

That my friends is what it looks like when your football program gets nuked from orbit.It will be years before any one even attempts to rummage through those ashes.

You've said this before. Do you think they're going 0-12 next year or something?They'll hire a new coach and be fine. Probably their typical 8-4 or 7-5 season.
You know there will be massive de-commitments and transfers. How are they going to recruit in the midst of this? PSU football is done. Sorry to break the news to you

What did you want Paterno to do? State law requires him to report this to his superiors, he did. His only mistake was actually believing the superiors could handle the situation. If his superiors handle it appropriately, none of this happens.

his only mistake?well, letting a child rapist hang around for another 9 years might have been another.

He's 100% correct. People who get that big end up surrounded by Yes men instead of adults that will tell them what they need to hear. Happens in big corporations all the time.
:yes: The "echo chamber".

Sweet Jesus.

How were you able to post this while asking all those questions at the press conference?
:lmao:F'n PKev.

Why is the Penn State football program a disgrace?Sandusky wasn't a part of the program in 2002. Paterno is getting a very raw deal here.

Sandusky has used the Penn State facilities to sodomize young boys. Paterno has known him for 45 years. He has had access to bring boys their from the abused children charity that he was a part of. Are you dense or stupid?

You know there will be massive de-commitments and transfers. How are they going to recruit in the midst of this? PSU football is done. Sorry to break the news to you

I don't think any players have decommitted yet.Recruiting will certainly be a challenge, but they aren't going to become Indiana overnight I don't think.

That my friends is what it looks like when your football program gets nuked from orbit.It will be years before any one even attempts to rummage through those ashes.

You've said this before. Do you think they're going 0-12 next year or something?They'll hire a new coach and be fine. Probably their typical 8-4 or 7-5 season.
Now you're just sounding like a hater. The team has plenty of freshman, sophomores and juniors who aren't losing their scholarships and aren't going anywhere. They might lose a few recruits this year, but once a new coach is in place it will be business as usual and they'll be like any other mediocre Big 10 team.

I don't think any players have decommitted yet.Recruiting will certainly be a challenge, but they aren't going to become Indiana overnight I don't think.
One of the top PA recruits who was still considering PSU basically eliminated them last night. Can't recall his name. Defensive end, I believe.

his only mistake?well, letting a child rapist hang around for another 9 years might have been another.
Sandusky was no longer under Paterno's control by 2002, he had emiratus status at Penn State through his retirment package. In order to revoke that, it had to be done by people above Paterno, most likely by the University President.

I think in a few years they are going to wish they were Indiana.

One of the top PA recruits who was still considering PSU basically eliminated them last night. Can't recall his name. Defensive end, I believe.
Pedophile State University. :homer:

Sandusky was no longer under Paterno's control by 2002, he had emiratus status at Penn State through his retirment package. In order to revoke that, it had to be done by people above Paterno, most likely by the University President.
Stop.

LOLThe same people above him that got kicked out of his house when they went to tell him to retire in 04?

The only way Penn State football "is done" is if they have a self-imposed death penalty. The NCAA doesn't have any real jurisdiction here and they are unlikely facing any sanctions. By the time they go overboard in making the environment so sanitary that visiting parents can eat off dorm room hall floors, the kids will return to play for one of the great football programs in the country. Probably a couple of lean years ahead, but it's not like they were USC circa 2005 anyway. They probably were gonna lose their last three games and finish 8-4, which these days is a good season up there. :shrug: