What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (2 Viewers)

Any chance some people here were a little hard on McQueary?
No because it is in direct contradiction to the grand jury testimony he gave:
"The graduate student was shocked but noticed both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught."
So I smell someone revising history. Or he lied to the grand jury which is perjury.
The indictment isn't a trasnscript of his deposition.
This. Mike & Mike had Roger Cossack (SP?) on this morning and he said the same. That part of McQueary's testimony could have been left out of the Grand Jury finding if it was found to be irrelevant to the testimony. Not sure why it would be but it's a possibility. He also said that his entire deposition could be released to corroborate McQueary's assertion that he did stop what was going on.
"left immediately" doesn't give a lot of wiggle room
The presentment is a summary of testimony written up by the Grand Jury. You have no idea what McQueary's full testimony was. None of us do. It's a 23 page report purporting to summarize a TWO YEAR investigation. There's absolutely no way it's a flawless account of such a muddled record.
:goodposting: Its too bad we couldnt have waited for the whole truth to be unraveled, but the lynch-mob had already formed. At least the focus is back on Sandusky where it belongs.
:lmao: Even if he stopped it as he claims (funny how this is ok to believe without proof while admonishing people for believing unproven things), he still didn't do a damn thing about seeing Sandusky with new victims for 9 years. Plenty of blame is well deserved by McQueary.

Sandusky sounded so guilty in the Costas interview. No strenuous objections, no real explanations of the activity, no questioning of the accusations at all.
That reminds me of a scene from a A Few Good Men that goes perfectly with this whole story. Mike and Mike even talked about it!!!!

Caught the lawyer on one of the morning shows earlier - I wasn't paying close attention but he was asked something like, "If your client is actually innocent, how do you explain all the different people accusing him of these crimes?" His response was that, you know how these things go, people hear these allegations and they know it's a big school and there's a lot of money at stake, etc. Basically insinuating that the victims coming forward were lying just to profit.
If what the lawyer is saying about the Grand Jury testimony is true, they do have some kind of case. He was saying yesterday that some of these victims don't exist or cannot be found and that the accounts are incorrect. He made it sound like it will quickly go from 8 victims and 40 counts to just 2 victims with accounts that can't be proven.

"The graduate student was shocked but noticed both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught."
So I smell someone revising history. Or he lied to the grand jury which is perjury.
This. Mike & Mike had Roger Cossack (SP?) on this morning and he said the same. That part of McQueary's testimony could have been left out of the Grand Jury finding if it was found to be irrelevant to the testimony. Not sure why it would be but it's a possibility. He also said that his entire deposition could be released to corroborate McQueary's assertion that he did stop what was going on.
The presentment is a summary of testimony written up by the Grand Jury. You have no idea what McQueary's full testimony was. None of us do. It's a 23 page report purporting to summarize a TWO YEAR investigation. There's absolutely no way it's a flawless account of such a muddled record.
:goodposting: Its too bad we couldnt have waited for the whole truth to be unraveled, but the lynch-mob had already formed. At least the focus is back on Sandusky where it belongs.
:lmao: Even if he stopped it as he claims (funny how this is ok to believe without proof while admonishing people for believing unproven things), he still didn't do a damn thing about seeing Sandusky with new victims for 9 years. Plenty of blame is well deserved by McQueary.
:confused: Where does it say that McQueary saw more victims in the following years?

Sandusky sounded so guilty in the Costas interview. No strenuous objections, no real explanations of the activity, no questioning of the accusations at all.
If Sandusky had come out and vehemently denied all the allegations and disputed the claims of witnesses, I think there is a segment of the population that would have fallen for it. People like to believe whatever is put in front of them and conjuring up even the slightest hint of doubt would have been better than nothing.He didn't though; he came across sounding extremely guilty, which is what he is. Someone who was innocent wouldn't spin the details of the events to minimize their impact, they'd outright deny them.

'LarryAllen said:
'17seconds said:
If Sandusky had come out and vehemently denied all the allegations and disputed the claims of witnesses, I think there is a segment of the population that would have fallen for it. People like to believe whatever is put in front of them and conjuring up even the slightest hint of doubt would have been better than nothing.He didn't though; he came across sounding extremely guilty, which is what he is. Someone who was innocent wouldn't spin the details of the events to minimize their impact, they'd outright deny them.
There is nothing he could have said and no way he could have said it that would have changed anyone's mind. The only response would be dissecting his statements to prove the conclusion people have already arrived at.Had he vehemently denied it, the responses would range from "What else is he going to say" to "Can you believe he was so over the top? Of course he's guilty, what a terrible acting job"Frankly, the exercise of hyper-analysing every detail and word choice in every interview and in the Grand Jury report is a little wearisome. Let's settle in for the trial.

'ClownCausedChaos said:
'mad sweeney said:
'E-Z Glider said:
'scoobygang said:
'Brock Middlebrook said:
'beer 30 said:
'culdeus said:
'NCCommish said:
'E-Z Glider said:
:confused: Where does it say that McQueary saw more victims in the following years?
I should've said potential victims. Sandusky was still around campus and in the company of youngsters. If McQ saw Sandusky raping a child and then saw him for the next 9 years with young kids around him, then McQ deserves everything he's gotten about this.

'dgreen said:
'17seconds said:
That reminds me of a scene from a A Few Good Men that goes perfectly with this whole story. Mike and Mike even talked about it!!!!
touche'd

'Tiny%20Dancer said:
%26%2339%3Bscoobygang%26%2339%3B said:
%26%2339%3BDoug B said:
%26%2339%3BTodd Andrews said:
Not sure how anyone could think this is a weak case. Eyewitnesses, seven victims already testified and not to just touching: one boy said he oral sex with Sandusky something like 20 times. How are those bad witnesses? If anything, this is probably one of the strongest sex abuse cases in history considering you have two third party witnesses to the crimes (even though the janitor sounds like a weak witness, there is contemporaneous testimony from his superior/coworkers that he immediately told them what he saw).

I think all Sandusky and his lawyer are doing is trying to muddy the waters as much as possible to create doubt in order to get the best plea deal. No way he goes through a trial on these charges, especially with 5-10 new boys coming forward every week.
You're right about the victims' testimony, but it should be noted that the bolded above will not be admissable (since it is hearsay).
Hearsay is generally not admissible for the truth of the matter asserted (that the janitor saw Sandusky), but it's not categorically banned. The janitor can testify as to who he told. Those people can corroborate that the janitor told them. It could also come in through a hearsay exception (most likely as an excited utterance).
The janitor apparently has dementia and will be unable to testify.
His fellow janitors can testify to what they heard, and their testimony could be considered admissible under the "excited utterance" exception:
Excited utterances: statements relating to startling events or condition made while the declarant was under the stress of excitement caused by the event or condition. An excited utterance does not have to be made at the same time of the startling event. A statement made minutes, hours or even days after the startling event can be excited utterances, so long as the declarant is still under the stress of the startling event. However, the more time that elapses between a startling event and the declarant's statement, the more the statements will be looked upon with disfavor.

'LarryAllen said:
'17seconds said:
There is nothing he could have said and no way he could have said it that would have changed anyone's mind. The only response would be dissecting his statements to prove the conclusion people have already arrived at.Had he vehemently denied it, the responses would range from "What else is he going to say" to "Can you believe he was so over the top? Of course he's guilty, what a terrible acting job"

Frankly, the exercise of hyper-analysing every detail and word choice in every interview and in the Grand Jury report is a little wearisome. Let's settle in for the trial.
I disagree. This is a hypothetical but imagine if Sandusky said something in a strong tone like: "I haven't done any of these things. Witness #1 wanted me out of PSU because I kept him from getting a promotion he didn't deserve. Several of the alleged victims don't actually exist. Law enforcement knew of these allegations for 10 years and determined everything was false so no action was taken..."That would have changed the minds of some people, especially people at PSU. Instead he spoke like a defeated and misunderstood man.

There is no way he gets off. Even if State of Penn messes it up Texas, the Feds and possibly Florida will all have a shot at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
'LarryAllen said:
'17seconds said:
There is nothing he could have said and no way he could have said it that would have changed anyone's mind. The only response would be dissecting his statements to prove the conclusion people have already arrived at.Had he vehemently denied it, the responses would range from "What else is he going to say" to "Can you believe he was so over the top? Of course he's guilty, what a terrible acting job"Frankly, the exercise of hyper-analysing every detail and word choice in every interview and in the Grand Jury report is a little wearisome. Let's settle in for the trial.
:goodposting:

There is no way he gets off. Even State of Penn messes it up Texas, the Feds and possibly Florida will all have a shot at him.
I would caution people to realize that if this goes to trial there is always a chance of acquittal. See Casey Anthony, OJ, etc... It happens, because people are stupid and juries are made up of people.

There is no way he gets off. Even State of Penn messes it up Texas, the Feds and possibly Florida will all have a shot at him.
I would caution people to realize that if this goes to trial there is always a chance of acquittal. See Casey Anthony, OJ, etc... It happens, because people are stupid and juries are made up of people.
OJ is a terrible comparison. As was already mentioned, that was jury nullification plain and simple. Unless Sandusky gets a jury full of pedophiles, I don't think we'll see something similar happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to SPORTSbyBROOKS

Source close to current Penn St Trustee told me today school may have no choice to keep Bradley on b/c he knows where bodies are buried.
This makes no sense to me and will kill any chance PSU has of recovering from this any time soon.

Source close to current Penn St Trustee told me today school may have no choice to keep Bradley on b/c he knows where bodies are buried.
This makes no sense to me and will kill any chance PSU has of recovering from this any time soon.
Can we please just stop?(I'm speaking in general terms, CrossEyed, not specifically to you.)

Lawyer just on Jim Rome show railed hard on lawyer and Sandusky.

"what he did last night most likely added years to his sentence."

OJ is a terrible comparison. As was already mentioned, that was jury nullification plain and simple. Unless Sandusky gets a jury full of pedophiles, I don't think we'll see something similar happen.
I think Texas is sitting on go here. The laws are not nearly as easy as PA.

Can we please just stop?(I'm speaking in general terms, CrossEyed, not specifically to you.)
Stop what, specifically?

SPORTSbyBROOKS = Weekly World NewsGreat to see you learned something from the McQ incident. Hurry, lets rally up a mob and get Bradley. :rolleyes:

SPORTSbyBROOKS = Weekly World NewsGreat to see you learned something from the McQ incident. Hurry, lets rally up a mob and get Bradley. :rolleyes:
What did we learn from McQ? That he claims he stopped it (unproven) but let it slide for 9 years (proven)? Sorry, but McQ's leaked email defense doesn't add up and it's definitely not something to "learn" from yet.

Stop what, specifically?
C'mon. Now they're talking about bodies?

Stop what, specifically?
:lmao:

Stop what, specifically?

What did we learn from McQ? That he claims he stopped it (unproven) but let it slide for 9 years (proven)? Sorry, but McQ's leaked email defense doesn't add up and it's definitely not something to "learn" from yet.
Im glad to see you are at least using words like "if" and "yet". Maybe the outrage is finally waning. All Im saying is give people a chance to speak and then form your judgments.

Im glad to see you are at least using words like "if" and "yet". Maybe the outrage is finally waning. All Im saying is give people a chance to speak and then form your judgments.
What's McQ going to say that will change the fact that he saw Sandusky rape a kid and then stayed in the program and watched Sandusky hanging out with more kids?

Stop what, specifically?
:lmao: :loco:

What's McQ going to say that will change the fact that he saw Sandusky rape a kid and then stayed in the program and watched Sandusky hanging out with more kids?
Paterno spoke to Sandusky once in the 7 years after he retired and it was a chance encounter on campus. I dont know how much McQ saw Sandusky since the incident and neither do you.

Paterno spoke to Sandusky once in the 7 years after he retired and it was a chance encounter on campus. I dont know how much McQ saw Sandusky since the incident and neither do you.
if you know how often Sandusky and Paterno spoke and the specific conditions of that conversation, why don't you know more? what are you hiding from us?

:lmao: You don't know what McQ did in that locker room either, but its ok for you to draw the conclusion you want I guess. Sandusky had access to everything he had before the shower incident. If McQ saw him ONCE, that's enough.

Stop what, specifically?
Ummmm, you realize that's just a figure of speech, right?

if you know how often Sandusky and Paterno spoke and the specific conditions of that conversation, why don't you know more? what are you hiding from us?
i thought the one time in 7 years was something reported somewhere with no collaboration

i thought the one time in 7 years was something reported somewhere with no collaboration
right, but he's treating that as fact while saying that we can't possibly know that McQueary saw Sandusky hanging around the program over the past 9 years.

Stop what, specifically?
Ummmm, you realize that's just a figure of speech, right?
Umm, I got lost somewhere along the way in this conversation.

right, but he's treating that as fact while saying that we can't possibly know that McQueary saw Sandusky hanging around the program over the past 9 years.
Im treating it as fact because Im the one who reported it here with no collaboration and I have no reason to believe its not true since it was posted 4 years ago by someone with an agenda against Joe. You dont have to believe it, but that doesnt change what aaron is saying anyway. It just adds support to it.

Users who are viewing this thread