What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 rookie draft mock (1 Viewer)

eakfootball

Footballguy
Stringing together what a rookie draft would look like if we drafted today.

1. Trent Richardson-RB-Alabama

It's been a while since there was a 1st pick this clear cut. Richardson's the best prospect at the position since Adrian Peterson, and should be a top 10 back in fantasy circles for years to come. Hasn't gotten the workload of previous elite backs, which should help his career. A Ray Rice clone, with better size than Rice.

2. Justin Blackmon-WR-Oklahoma St

Lacks the physical tools and size of Dez Bryant or A.J. Green, but still an excellent athlete who will be a top 10 pick the the draft. Similar player to Hakeem Nicks if you ask me.

3. Andrew Luck-QB-Stanford

A sure fire top 10 fantasy QB who I see as somewhere in between Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan. Could fall a spot or two down the list if Indy sits him for a year or two.

4. Lamar Miller-RB-Miami

A very explosive back, who still has a good build (212 lbs). Better than any RB taken in the first round the last 3 years. Should be an excellent RB2 for years to come, with RB1 upside. Will need to work on blocking if he wants to be a full time back.

5. Michael Floyd-WR-Notre Dame

Posses NFL size (6'3 224) and has good experience and good hands. Has some off the field concerns, which could cause him to drop to the 2nd half of the first round. Floyd is a good redzone, and deep ball target, but often makes the catch more difficult than it should be, by diving when it isn't necessary, and trying to one hand simple catches. Has the potential to be a #1 fantasy receiver if he can get it all together, without the risk of a collapse that you get with Alshon Jeffery. Very solid mid first round rookie pick, would be top 3 in most drafts.

6. Robert Griffin III-QB-Baylor

I could go on for an hour about Griffin, but I'l keep it short. He has everything you look for in an NFL quarterback, except for having a little bit below average size. Griffin has the athletic ability to rush for 100 yards a game every single game in college, but he's disciplined as a passer, and is very good at it. Even if Barkley has the hype now, Griffin will be the number 2 QB off the board in the draft, and could challenge Luck for the number 1 spot in rookie drafts. He's only thrown 11 career interceptions, and many of the weren't his fault. He makes every throw an NFL QB has to, along with throwing one of the best deep balls I've ever seen. Also has elite intangibles. He finished #7 in his high school class, and graduated Baylor over a year ago. Only things holding him back will be size (6'2 220), coming from a spread offense, and not having much experience with intermediate throws across the middle. But he has the potential to come in with the same impact Cam Newton has.

7. Alshon Jeffery-WR-South Carolina

During the spring Jeffery was being viewed as a top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but wow his stock has fallen. He showed up over weight, and hasn't looked good without Stephen Garcia at QB. People question his work ethic, speed, and just pure receiver skills. But he is still 6'4 230, and still has the same play maker skills that made him so highly regarded a year ago. Pre draft workouts and the combine will be very important for Jeffery. If he can get in shape, and have some positive momentum going, he could be a top 15 pick. If he continues the habits he has shown this year he could fall to the mid 2nd round. I will likely stay away, because I would rather have someone with good buzz than bad. Looks way too much like Jon Baldwin from last year.

8. Chris Polk-RB-Washington

Starting to drop off here, and I expect these last first round spots to be filled by whichever player is building momentum around draft day. Polk is big back with some solid speed. A classic north south runner who doesn't waste time getting from side to side. Doesn't have the highest ceiling, but is a solid bet to be a solid old school pounder for an NFL team in the 3rd or 4th round. Could end up putting together a few seasons similar to BJGE over the last couple of years. Also a good pass protector which should keep him on the field.

9. Dwight Jones-WR-UNC

An elite athlete who is putting together an excellent senior season. Has the potential to fly up this list as we get closer to draft day.

10. Nick Toon-WR-Wisconson

Very consistent WR, who will make a good late 2nd round pick for some team. Not the upside of a Dwight Jones, but should put together a long career with a string of 800-1000 yard seasons.

11. Mohamed Sanu-WR-Rutgers

Another WR with good size and athleticism who should go in the mid to late 2nd round. Sanu is more of a possession receiver with a long of 32 yards in the last 2 seasons. Could develop into a good #3 fantasy receiver.

12. Rueben Randle-WR-LSU

A very unique player who can be used in a variety of ways. Was a 5 star recruit and is an elite athlete. Can do anything you ask of him on the football field.

Just missed the list

Matt Barkley-QB-USC

Jeff Fuller-WR-Texas A&m

Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor

David Wilson-RB-Virginia Tech

LaMichael James-RB-Oregon

Last edited by a moderator:
nice work. I don't think Jeff Demps gets enough credit. Even with injury, I like Broyles as a playmaking guy out of the slot...I watch a lot of Cornhusker football and was more impressed with Montee Ball then the kid from Wash

Solid list. I will need to watch some more lamar it sounds like.

Cyrus gray? I know he was heavily touted in Summer, i have not watched him yet though.

Have done a few mocks in 2 of my leagues. #1 is 16 team with 1.5 PPR for TE and rest 1. WR is a big whore here

1. Team A Justin Blackmon

2. Team B Trent Richardson

3. Team B Micheal Floyd

4. Team C Alshon Jeffrey

5. Team D Nick Toon

6. Team B Andrew Luck

7. Team E Lamar Millar

8. Team B Dwayne Allen

9. Team F Matt Barkley

10. Team G Chris Polk

11 Team B Jeff Fuller

12. Team H Robert Griffin

13. Team F Ryan Broyles

14. Team F Lamicheal James

15. Team B Dwight Jones

16. Team H Micheal Egnew

2nd one is 16 team league with 2 QB starters and TE's get 1 per 10(rest .5 per 10) with .5 PPR

1. Team A Luck

2. Team B Richardson

3. Team A Blackmon

4. Team C Barkley

5. Team D Griffin

6. Team B Landry Jones

7. Team E Millar

8. Team F Jeffrey

9. Team A Ryan Tannehill

10. Team G Floyd

11. Team B Toon

12. Team B Allen

13. TEam A James

14. Team A Chris Polk

15. Team H Nick Foles.

16. Team E David Wilson

1. Richardson - most talented back in the draft

2. Blackmon - probably the first WR off the board. Top 20 pick.

3. Floyd - As talented as Blackmon with maturity issues

4. Luck - best QB in the draft, but will take a couple years to see results

5. RB who lands in the best situation

After the top 5-6 picks, the draft really drops off in my opinion. I'd look to move my low end first round picks for established players.

1. Richardson - most talented back in the draft2. Blackmon - probably the first WR off the board. Top 20 pick.3. Floyd - As talented as Blackmon with maturity issues 4. Luck - best QB in the draft, but will take a couple years to see results5. RB who lands in the best situationAfter the top 5-6 picks, the draft really drops off in my opinion. I'd look to move my low end first round picks for established players.
curious if you said the same thing last year after the 'top 3'? I know a lot of people did, but there has been plenty to like...Murray, Moore, Smith, Cobb, etc...

1. Richardson - most talented back in the draft2. Blackmon - probably the first WR off the board. Top 20 pick.3. Floyd - As talented as Blackmon with maturity issues 4. Luck - best QB in the draft, but will take a couple years to see results5. RB who lands in the best situationAfter the top 5-6 picks, the draft really drops off in my opinion. I'd look to move my low end first round picks for established players.
curious if you said the same thing last year after the 'top 3'? I know a lot of people did, but there has been plenty to like...Murray, Moore, Smith, Cobb, etc...
I did and I actually traded my late first round pick last year for Aaron Hernandez. That pick ended up being Greg Little. Hernandez has been helping my team for 2 years while Little hasn't been startable. I lucked out with that one, but I think most years (unless its a strong class) the idea of a first round pick is worth more than the player you'd get.I think every year there are going to be those Murray/Moore/Smith/Newton type players who blow up after being drafted outside of the top half of the first but there will also be loads of bust draft picks as well. I think draft picks are very overrated outside of the top half of the first.

I think Doug Martin has a shot to sneak into the first round in many drafts next season. At 5'9" & 213, he's a violent runner with unbelievable lateral agility. At the Boise pro day last year, he pushed 225 25 times, ran a 4.41 forty and ran a 6.51 3-cone. Excellent list by the way.....I'm still not as high on Randle as most though.

'loose circuits said:
I think the same after the picks. Last year it was Jones, Green and Ingram. In my one league with the 2 QB the next picks where(now remember we draft before NFL draft)Gabbert - YikesLeshoure - NothingWilliams - InjuredRudolph - NOthingNewton - StealHunter - Backup and not much Locker - BackupMallett - This guy got burned bad by the draftBaldwin - Not much. Some highlightsPonder - Not badKaeperniok - NOthing to see yetDalton - Good grab hereHankerson - Did show light for a few weeks but than doneKendricks - NOthingLittle - very littleThomas - NOt much Cobb - will take a few yearsVereen - NOt much even if looking good this weekSmith - Some big games only. Hardly startableMoore - Good pick but we do 2nd round in AugustAnd the other league1. Green2. Ingram3. Jones4. Williams5. Thomas6. Leshoure7. Little8. Cobb9. Vereen10. Baldwin11. Brown12. Kendricks13. Rudolph14. Smith 15. Newton16. Gabbert17. Delone Carter18. Hankerson19. Roy HeluMurray was pick 22. Moore was pick 37., so most of your guys where had later and not as expected to be good as you seem. Not sure still why Cobb is in there. It is going to take him time to eat into numbers. All 3 of the guys ahead of him have long term contracts.

these guys need time to develop and a lot of the guys drafted this past year have either flashed enough to show they have potential or haven't been afforded the opportunity (like Locker, Kaep, etc...) the trend that i've seen is the bust rate is decreasing in rookie drafts the past few years and nothing this years crop has shown has taken away that opinion. I've loaded up on rookie picks the past few years because many people share your sentiments.

these guys need time to develop and a lot of the guys drafted this past year have either flashed enough to show they have potential or haven't been afforded the opportunity (like Locker, Kaep, etc...) the trend that i've seen is the bust rate is decreasing in rookie drafts the past few years and nothing this years crop has shown has taken away that opinion. I've loaded up on rookie picks the past few years because many people share your sentiments.
Exactly. Not sure what Crippler is trying to prove judging a draft class not even a full season after they were drafted. It's way too early to start judging the 2010 class.

Exactly. Not sure what Crippler is trying to prove judging a draft class not even a full season after they were drafted. It's way too early to start judging the 2010 class.
I know it is early and I was more talking about the dropoff between top 3 to later in draft as the first guy said. He sees a dropoff at a certain point and so do I for this class and we see what value was like after the top couple of guys and guys he mentioned as doing well where had later in draft which is a real crapshoot usually. And this class does need time to develop but most classes are the same after year 1. But the numbers are usually 50% success rate for round 1 for good picks in the past. 35% in round 2 and the numbers decrease from there. Everyone does not time to develop and the value usually remains somewhat for young players but each year is about the same. Some are better than others for sure but overall it is pretty close.

What class do you want to look at? The 06-08 classes are what they are at this point. Its a solid sample size to look at.2006 - thought to be Average class2007 - thought to be a decent class2008 - agreed to be a very strong RB class2006 - Reggie Bush was clear cut #1 in most drafts and the rest was up for debate. Looking at the top 15-20 drafted in most fantasy drafts that year...Maroney - had a year or twoAddai - solid, a star year or twoVince Young - nothing specialJones-Drew - StarVernon Davis - SolidSantonio Holmes - semi starMatt Lienart - BustCutler - SolidDeAngelo Williams - A couple Solid yearsLenDale White - BlahChad Jackson - BustSinorice Moss - BustBrian Calhoun - BustMercades Lewis - SolidGreg Jennings - StarJerious Norwood - Bust2007 you had the big 3 of Peterson, Calvin and Lynch. The next 15 or so guys off most boards were...Brandon Jackson - BustDwyane Bowe - Semi StarTed Ginn - BustBrady Quinn - BustJamarcus Russell - BustMichael Bush - SolidChris Henry - BustDwyane Jarrett - BustKenny Irons - BustGarrett Wolfe - bustSidney Rice - potential starAnthony Gonzalez - not looking goodLorenzo booker - BustBrian Leonard - BustCraig Davis - BustGreg Olsen - SolidTony Hunt - Bust2008 - Again a "big three" with Mcfadden, Stewart and Mendenhall. But there was still a solid amount second tier backs. looking the next 15.Matt Forte - StarChris Johnson - StarKevin Smith - was never specialRay Rice - StarFelix Jones - Not looking goodRyan Torain - BlahDevin Thomas - BustJames Hardy - BustJamal Charles - StarMatt Ryan - SolidTim Hightower - BlahLimas Sweed - BustSteve Slaton - Had his momentMalcolm Kelly - BustDonnie Avery - BustThis was just a rough list and all drafts are different, but I think there is enough data to show that unless the class is considered to be a strong one, its best to trade your first if its outside the top half of the round.

What class do you want to look at? The 06-08 classes are what they are at this point. Its a solid sample size to look at.2006 - thought to be Average class2007 - thought to be a decent class2008 - agreed to be a very strong RB class2006 - Reggie Bush was clear cut #1 in most drafts and the rest was up for debate. Looking at the top 15-20 drafted in most fantasy drafts that year...Maroney - had a year or twoAddai - solid, a star year or twoVince Young - nothing specialJones-Drew - StarVernon Davis - SolidSantonio Holmes - semi starMatt Lienart - BustCutler - SolidDeAngelo Williams - A couple Solid yearsLenDale White - BlahChad Jackson - BustSinorice Moss - BustBrian Calhoun - BustMercades Lewis - SolidGreg Jennings - StarJerious Norwood - Bust2007 you had the big 3 of Peterson, Calvin and Lynch. The next 15 or so guys off most boards were...Brandon Jackson - BustDwyane Bowe - Semi StarTed Ginn - BustBrady Quinn - BustJamarcus Russell - BustMichael Bush - SolidChris Henry - BustDwyane Jarrett - BustKenny Irons - BustGarrett Wolfe - bustSidney Rice - potential starAnthony Gonzalez - not looking goodLorenzo booker - BustBrian Leonard - BustCraig Davis - BustGreg Olsen - SolidTony Hunt - Bust2008 - Again a "big three" with Mcfadden, Stewart and Mendenhall. But there was still a solid amount second tier backs. looking the next 15.Matt Forte - StarChris Johnson - StarKevin Smith - was never specialRay Rice - StarFelix Jones - Not looking goodRyan Torain - BlahDevin Thomas - BustJames Hardy - BustJamal Charles - StarMatt Ryan - SolidTim Hightower - BlahLimas Sweed - BustSteve Slaton - Had his momentMalcolm Kelly - BustDonnie Avery - BustThis was just a rough list and all drafts are different, but I think there is enough data to show that unless the class is considered to be a strong one, its best to trade your first if its outside the top half of the round.
Did you quote the wrong post? Because I don't see what all that stuff you wrote had anything to do with what I said.

Did you quote the wrong post? Because I don't see what all that stuff you wrote had anything to do with what I said.
Just responding to the board as a whole, maybe my quote etiquette is off. Crippler used the 2010 class, which I agree is too early. But any class could have been used to support the same idea.

last post on this topic I'm going to make because this topic should be focused on the prospects not debate whether or not rookie picks are worth it. I think the increasing amount of available information on each prospect has caused a drop in bust rate for those guys that do their homework and this is why I've changed my opinion on the value of rookie picks.

If your draft is before the NFL draft, it's no wonder picks aren't worth their face value. The amount of information available is much much lower than what it is for people that draft. It's like a person in a PPR league and one in a non-PPR debating darren sproles value. The later the draft, the more information available so the picks should be worth a little more.

if you don't like drafts, that is fine you can keep that opinion. trade away your picks for 28 year old RB's who will be extinct in a few years. Eventually your team will more than likely hit an expiration date...

Now back on track, Montee Ball had a ridiculous jump cut TD today where the A-Gap was filled up and he bounced out to the C in a glimpse and headed to daylight on a 10 yard scamper. It was pretty impressive for a back his size to make that cut

It's been a while since there was a 1st pick this clear cut. Richardson's the best prospect at the position since Adrian Peterson, and should be a top 10 back in fantasy circles for years to come. Hasn't gotten the workload of previous elite backs, which should help his career. A Ray Rice clone, with better size than Rice.

Lacks the physical tools and size of Dez Bryant or A.J. Green, but still an excellent athlete who will be a top 10 pick the the draft. Similar player to Hakeem Nicks if you ask me.

A sure fire top 10 fantasy QB who I see as somewhere in between Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan. Could fall a spot or two down the list if Indy sits him for a year or two.

4. Lamar Miller-RB-Miami

A very explosive back, who still has a good build (212 lbs). Better than any RB taken in the first round the last 3 years. Should be an excellent RB2 for years to come, with RB1 upside. Will need to work on blocking if he wants to be a full time back.

Posses NFL size (6'3 224) and has good experience and good hands. Has some off the field concerns, which could cause him to drop to the 2nd half of the first round. Floyd is a good redzone, and deep ball target, but often makes the catch more difficult than it should be, by diving when it isn't necessary, and trying to one hand simple catches. Has the potential to be a #1 fantasy receiver if he can get it all together, without the risk of a collapse that you get with Alshon Jeffery. Very solid mid first round rookie pick, would be top 3 in most drafts.

I could go on for an hour about Griffin, but I'l keep it short. He has everything you look for in an NFL quarterback, except for having a little bit below average size. Griffin has the athletic ability to rush for 100 yards a game every single game in college, but he's disciplined as a passer, and is very good at it. Even if Barkley has the hype now, Griffin will be the number 2 QB off the board in the draft, and could challenge Luck for the number 1 spot in rookie drafts. He's only thrown 11 career interceptions, and many of the weren't his fault. He makes every throw an NFL QB has to, along with throwing one of the best deep balls I've ever seen. Also has elite intangibles. He finished #7 in his high school class, and graduated Baylor over a year ago. Only things holding him back will be size (6'2 220), coming from a spread offense, and not having much experience with intermediate throws across the middle. But he has the potential to come in with the same impact Cam Newton has.

During the spring Jeffery was being viewed as a top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but wow his stock has fallen. He showed up over weight, and hasn't looked good without Stephen Garcia at QB. People question his work ethic, speed, and just pure receiver skills. But he is still 6'4 230, and still has the same play maker skills that made him so highly regarded a year ago. Pre draft workouts and the combine will be very important for Jeffery. If he can get in shape, and have some positive momentum going, he could be a top 15 pick. If he continues the habits he has shown this year he could fall to the mid 2nd round. I will likely stay away, because I would rather have someone with good buzz than bad. Looks way too much like Jon Baldwin from last year.

Starting to drop off here, and I expect these last first round spots to be filled by whichever player is building momentum around draft day. Polk is big back with some solid speed. A classic north south runner who doesn't waste time getting from side to side. Doesn't have the highest ceiling, but is a solid bet to be a solid old school pounder for an NFL team in the 3rd or 4th round. Could end up putting together a few seasons similar to BJGE over the last couple of years. Also a good pass protector which should keep him on the field.

9. Dwight Jones-WR-UNC

An elite athlete who is putting together an excellent senior season. Has the potential to fly up this list as we get closer to draft day.

Very consistent WR, who will make a good late 2nd round pick for some team. Not the upside of a Dwight Jones, but should put together a long career with a string of 800-1000 yard seasons.

Another WR with good size and athleticism who should go in the mid to late 2nd round. Sanu is more of a possession receiver with a long of 32 yards in the last 2 seasons. Could develop into a good #3 fantasy receiver.

12. Rueben Randle-WR-LSU

A very unique player who can be used in a variety of ways. Was a 5 star recruit and is an elite athlete. Can do anything you ask of him on the football field.

Just missed the list

Matt Barkley-QB-USC

Jeff Fuller-WR-Texas A&m

Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor

Excellent post. Our top 5 are identical. I think David Wilson has to be a 1st round pick this year. He's had a great season and the benefit of playing behind other guys in his career has limited his wear and tear. He runs with great power and is also fast enough to break the long distance runs. He's a very productive back as evidenced by the numbers he's put up this year and I think that continues in the pro's. He's got the VT factor playing against him somewhat but on talent alone he's easily one of the 12 best rookie prospects for 2012. I've got him 6.

I wouldn't touch Jeffery in the 1st round this year. There's a ton of great prospects without nearly as many question marks as he has. Yeah he's got elite upside but he's also got horrible bust written all over him. I'd be very reluctant to take a guy like that so early. He's not even listed in my top 12 players.

Right now, I have Bernard Pierce in at 7 should he declare. Now I admit that I haven't watched him play this season and that ranking is merely based on watching highlight packages and videos of him and also from what I read and word-of-mouth. He seems to be a guy that's viewed highly. After 25 TDs I think he declares even though not a lot of people are talking about him. He's already got over 600 carries, can't see him wanting to add more which could drop his stock as he continues to take punishment.

After that I would go with RG3 at 8 and Polk at 9. Griffin's potential game-breaking talent and Polk's wear and tear is the contributing factors there.

I don't like Nick Toon at all, especially over other WRs like Wright and Jones. There isn't one thing about the guy that stands out and unless he blows up at the combine I think he'll just be another guy in the draft without that high ceiling/floor. Great collge receiver but only a so-so prospect IMO.

Kendall Wright is a guy that I'm really starting to like more and more. He's arguably one of the fastest WRs in the entire class, might even be the top guy in that regard. He's got great hands and seems to be able to sneak in and out of his cuts and get open. His speed can change games and his hands will make him a favorite target of whichever QB has the opportunity to throw to him. I've heard some people compare him to Mike Wallace which I don't think is that over-the-top. I've got him ranked 10.

Mohamed Sanu is 11th on my list. I think he's a very versatile player that will be another swiss army knife guy in the NFL. I think he's a bigger version of Percy Harvin. He might not have Percy's speed but he can do a lot of the same things and I think anybody that can contribute in that many ways will be a guy that will be used a lot by his team and make him a valuable fantasy player even if he won't ever be a WR1 type of guy.

Dwight Jones is my 12th rated guy. I like him a lot and I want to rank him higher but just couldn't find a spot for him. Where he's drafted will probably ultimately determine where he sits on my list but I agree with you that he's got elite upside.

I love the 1st round this year, there's so many great prospects out there if everybody comes out. After that I'm a bit iffy. Lots of question marks for the 2nd round prospects. It might be a good idea to trade out of the 2nd (especially if you have multiple 2nd rounders) and try to make a package to move up into the late 1st or get a 1st next season. Unless you're the gambling type who doesn't mind taking a flier on a guy there could be some good value if they pan out, but there's just as much bust factor to worry about to balance it.

nice work. I don't think Jeff Demps gets enough credit. Even with injury, I like Broyles as a playmaking guy out of the slot...I watch a lot of Cornhusker football and was more impressed with Montee Ball then the kid from Wash
odd you're the only one to mention Broyles

I'm nowhere near an expert, but I'll call this a "gut feeling" mock.

1. Trent

2. Blackmon

3. Luck

4. Griffin

5. Floyd

6. Montee Ball

7. Jeffery

8. Miller (I'll admit, I haven't seen much of him)

I think the top 4 are in their own tier and the next four are in the second tier. everything after that gets a bit messy.

4. Lamar Miller-RB-Miami

9. Dwight Jones-WR-UNC

12. Rueben Randle-WR-LSU

Just missed the list

Matt Barkley-QB-USC

Jeff Fuller-WR-Texas A&m

Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor

:goodposting: Nice work man... your moving up in the world of fantasy football! :thumbup:

Yo Eak, what are your thoughts on Rueben Randle. I think the kid could be a major talent and has been majorly underutilized in the LSU offense.

Also, if anyone has not checked out Vick Ballard yet...He is my new favorite RB nobody is talking about.

My list

1. Trent Richardson

Jonathan Stewart/ Ray Rice :shock:

2. Lamar Miller

Low End Clinton Portis

3. Alshon Jeffery

From MIke Williams Seattle to Brandon Marshall/Dwyane Bowe

4.Justin Blackmon

Hakeem Nicks

5.Andrew Luck

No Idea, Don't know how to evaluate QBs

6. Robert Griffin

Even Less of an Idea, new Breed of QB.

7. David Wilson

Better Version of Ryan Williams

8. Michael Floyd

Marques Colston

9. Rueben Randle

10.Mohamed Sanu

11. Kendall Wright

Low end Greg Jennings

12. Juron Criner

13.Vick Ballard

14. BJ Cunningham

15. Chris Polk

Ryan Grant

16.Junior Hemingway

Mario Manningham

17. DeVier Posey

Also, if anyone has not checked out Vick Ballard yet...He is my new favorite Rb nobody is talking about.
You also might want to check out Bernard Pierce RB (temple). I think his draft stock will really fluctuate the next couple months. Put up great numbers in MAC. decent size (6-0 218) but has had injury problems. Will be interesting to see what he runs at Combine.

My list1. Trent RichardsonJonathan Stewart/ Ray Rice :shock: 2. Lamar MillerLow End Clinton Portis3. Alshon JefferyFrom MIke Williams Seattle to Brandon Marshall/Dwyane Bowe4.Justin BlackmonHakeem Nicks5.Andrew LuckNo Idea, Don't know how to evaluate QBs6. Robert GriffinEven Less of an Idea, new Breed of QB.7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams8. Michael FloydMarques Colston9. Rueben Randle10.Mohamed Sanu11. Kendall WrightLow end Greg Jennings12. Juron Criner13.Vick Ballard14. BJ Cunningham15. Chris PolkRyan Grant16.Junior HemingwayMario Manningham17. DeVier Posey
Alshon Jeffrey won't go in the top 5 of any dynasty league I'm in (all 9 of them) and he actually belongs at the bottom of the 1st rd of a dynasty rookie draft, or even the 2nd round.Blackmon belons no lower than #2 or #3. Also, Floyd belongs in the top 5 in a PPR league.

My list1. Trent RichardsonJonathan Stewart/ Ray Rice :shock: 2. Lamar MillerLow End Clinton Portis3. Alshon JefferyFrom MIke Williams Seattle to Brandon Marshall/Dwyane Bowe4.Justin BlackmonHakeem Nicks5.Andrew LuckNo Idea, Don't know how to evaluate QBs6. Robert GriffinEven Less of an Idea, new Breed of QB.7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams8. Michael FloydMarques Colston9. Rueben Randle10.Mohamed Sanu11. Kendall WrightLow end Greg Jennings12. Juron Criner13.Vick Ballard14. BJ Cunningham15. Chris PolkRyan Grant16.Junior HemingwayMario Manningham17. DeVier Posey
Alshon Jeffrey won't go in the top 5 of any dynasty league I'm in (all 9 of them) and he actually belongs at the bottom of the 1st rd of a dynasty rookie draft, or even the 2nd round.Blackmon belons no lower than #2 or #3. Also, Floyd belongs in the top 5 in a PPR league.
I realize that's not how they will be drafted, thats just how I rank them lol. I dont think its even a question who has more natural talent between Blackmon and Jeffery. Jeffery coming in fat and Blackmon putting up ridiculous numbers in a spread offense mask's that a bit. Blackmon has a higher floor and Jeffery has a higher ceiling. I tend to swing for the fences with rookie picks considering the bust rate on average of most rookie picks. Not to mention you have to invest a bunch of roster value to try to get 1.2 for Blackmon, where as you only have to give up a small amount for 1.6 or 1.7. All in all, I think Jeffery has a shot to be the best WR in the draft class, and can be had much cheaper than Blackmon.

I realize that's not how they will be drafted, thats just how I rank them lol. I dont think its even a question who has more natural talent between Blackmon and Jeffery. But , Jeffery coming in fat and Blackmon putting up ridiculous numbers in a spread offense mask's that a bit. Blackmon has a higher floor and Jeffery has a higher ceiling. I tend to swing for the fences with rookie picks considering the bust rate on average of most rookie picks. Not to mention you have to invest a bunch of roster value to try to get 1.2 for Blackmon, where as you only have to give up a small amount for 1.6 or 1.7. All in all, I think Jeffery has a shot to be the best WR in the draft class, not to mention easily a better value over Blackmon.
Jeffrey doesn't have a high ceiling. Forget his pathetic work ethic, he won't be able to get separation against NFL corners. He has bust written all over him.

Not high on Doug Martin at all I see.I think he will go top 10 in most dynasty drafts and could crack the top 5.

I realize that's not how they will be drafted, thats just how I rank them lol. I dont think its even a question who has more natural talent between Blackmon and Jeffery. But , Jeffery coming in fat and Blackmon putting up ridiculous numbers in a spread offense mask's that a bit. Blackmon has a higher floor and Jeffery has a higher ceiling. I tend to swing for the fences with rookie picks considering the bust rate on average of most rookie picks. Not to mention you have to invest a bunch of roster value to try to get 1.2 for Blackmon, where as you only have to give up a small amount for 1.6 or 1.7. All in all, I think Jeffery has a shot to be the best WR in the draft class, not to mention easily a better value over Blackmon.
Jeffrey doesn't have a high ceiling. Forget his pathetic work ethic, he won't be able to get separation against NFL corners. He has bust written all over him.
I have a question. Why is it relevant where hes getting drafted in your fantasy football leagues? Did Demarco Murray go top 3 in you dynasty leagues last year?

I have a question. Why is it relevant where hes getting drafted in your fantasy football leagues? Did Demarco Murray go top 3 in you dynasty leagues last year?
I was just commenting on your post having him go #3 in a 2012 rookie draft mock, which is what this thread is all about. So yes, it is relevant.

Not high on Doug Martin at all I see.I think he will go top 10 in most dynasty drafts and could crack the top 5.
Haven't seen a lot of him to be honest... I guess these are just of the guys I have a feel for, I've heard good things about him, just have not seen enough.

I was just commenting on your post having him go #3 in a 2012 rookie draft mock, which is what this thread is all about.
I didn't give a mock draft, I gave a list of how I ranked the incoming players ... I think draft placement is kind of irrelevant to how good the players actually are, right?

'wiscstlatlmia]I didn't give a mock draft said:
Yes, of course there will be players drafted late in rookie drafts that out perform 1st rounders, but that's not what this thread is all about. This thread is about giving a mock draft to these rookies for dynasty / keeper league purposes.

7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams
Why is David Wilson a better version of Ryan Williams? Williams was a freaking stud before his injury.
Because that's my opinion... I like the way he runs and he played fantastic this year, I understand Williams had and Injury and he was a good prospect before that. I'm not just throwing out some random idea and hoping I'm right. I like him more than I did Williams last year and they run similar, therefore I gave him the comparison of = A better version of Ryan Williams. Stop trying to pick apart an opinion that we can't prove for three to four year's lol

I was just commenting on your post having him go #3 in a 2012 rookie draft mock, which is what this thread is all about.
I didn't give a mock draft, I gave a list of how I ranked the incoming players ... I think draft placement is kind of irrelevant to how good the players actually are, right?
I thought what you posted was a mock draft as well since the thread title does say 2012 rookie draft mock. :unsure:

'wiscstlatlmia]I didn't give a mock draft said:
Yes, of course there will be players drafted late in rookie drafts that out perform 1st rounders, but that's not what this thread is all about. This thread is about giving a mock draft to these rookies for dynasty / keeper league purposes.
Alright, alright! You win, I'll keep it on topic of where they will be drafted. I didn't come in here to argue with anyone, just to state my opinion on the upcoming class. If we are talking about draft positioning, I think Eak has it pretty dead on.

'wiscstlatlmia]7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams [/QUOTE]Why is David Wilson a better version of Ryan Williams? Williams was a freaking stud before his injury.[/QUOTE]Because that's my opinion... I like the way he runs and he played fantastic this year said:
I feel if you make a bold statement like he's a better version of Ryan Williams you would offer some reasons why.

Blackmon has a higher floor and Jeffery has a higher ceiling.
I don't think you can compare Blackmon to Nicks and Jeffery to Marshall and then say Jeffery has a higher ceiling. Both have WR1 upside. Blackmon has top 5 upside, not sure if Jeffery does.I don't disagree with your strategy. If you want Blackmon, he's already a top 15 WR. You're going to pay less for Jeffery and both are good enough you could get lucky and have the better player. There is a Crabtree-Britt sort of parallel. (Not comparing Jeffery to Britt.)

I don't think you can compare Blackmon to Nicks and Jeffery to Marshall and then say Jeffery has a higher ceiling. Both have WR1 upside. Blackmon has top 5 upside, not sure if Jeffery does.I don't disagree with your strategy. If you want Blackmon, he's already a top 15 WR. You're going to pay less for Jeffery and both are good enough you could get lucky and have the better player. There is a Crabtree-Britt sort of parallel. (Not comparing Jeffery to Britt.)
I wasn't the one making that statement. You quoted the wrong post.

7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams
Why is David Wilson a better version of Ryan Williams? Williams was a freaking stud before his injury.
How did my name get added to that quote? :lmao: :lmao: I do not feel this way at all :lmao:
Sorry about that. I must have edited the post I was quoting incorrectly. Funny, becasue a poster misquoted me as soon as I posted the one you questioned.ETA: I fixed the posts that I screwed up as best as I could.

I think Brandon Marshall is a better WR than Nicks, outside things have held back his production. but regardless, I'm out of here lol

I wasn't the one making that statement. You quoted the wrong post.
I quoted 2 posts and responded to the older one. I felt your opinion on Jeffery was relevant to the discussion so I retained it.

'wiscstlatlmia]7. David WilsonBetter Version of Ryan Williams [/QUOTE]Why is David Wilson a better version of Ryan Williams? Williams was a freaking stud before his injury.[/QUOTE]Because that's my opinion... I like the way he runs and he played fantastic this year said:
I feel if you make a bold statement like he's a better version of Ryan Williams you would offer some reasons why.
4.3 < 4.5Does anyone know why Wilson was so pedestrian in the ACC championship and his bowl game vs. Mich? Did he get injured or just wore down?

4.3 < 4.5Does anyone know why Wilson was so pedestrian in the ACC championship and his bowl game vs. Mich? Did he get injured or just wore down?
Which one has the 4.3?

Users who are viewing this thread