What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (1 Viewer)

There really are no easy games in the Big Ten this season. Maybe against Nebraska you can get by on a bad night, but just about any other team is dangerous if you let up. 

Didn't expect to have a game to watch when I decided to work from home today but hey look - Purdue is playing at Illinois on a Monday morning.

Ivey is not a lottery pick. He has the potential to be one, but he’s not right now. He’s looked horrible today.

urbanhack said:
Ivey is not a lottery pick. He has the potential to be one, but he’s not right now. He’s looked horrible today.
He didn’t play well but his free throw shooting was big in the OTs. (Of course if he’d of made that 1 and 1 opportunity at the end of regulation they probably wouldn’t have gone to OT). 
Good B10 win on the road. 

He didn’t play well but his free throw shooting was big in the OTs. (Of course if he’d of made that 1 and 1 opportunity at the end of regulation they probably wouldn’t have gone to OT). 
Good B10 win on the road. 
Huge win and good enough to bring it home on the road. Good display that Purdue has so many options.  Williams and Ivey pretty much held in check from the field, but good to see Ivey get his from the line.  Great execution down the stretch on those set plays with Williams having the ball.  Kudos to Painter on that one. Not sure much on the last play in regulation.

One game at a time!

that was really ugly. that foul on Keegan was complete garbage at the end.
As I just texted my other Rutgers friends...it looked like a ticky tack call in real time and then with the replay looked like the ref had money on Rutgers. 

I would feel bad except BTN showed that ####### deflected prayer off the side of the backboard like 35 seconds earlier so...I'll just say I'll take it. 

Strange shot by Ivey on the inbound play down 1. It looked like his air ball missed by about 4 feet. His buzzer shot was close though. Great win for IU. 

Strange shot by Ivey on the inbound play down 1. It looked like his air ball missed by about 4 feet. His buzzer shot was close though. Great win for IU. 
I think he was hurt and hobbling around a bit. Painter has had some head-scratching plays drawn up the last few games at the wire.  He's got some work to do.

I think he was hurt and hobbling around a bit. Painter has had some head-scratching plays drawn up the last few games at the wire.  He's got some work to do.
After his missed shot with ~12 seconds left, I thought I noticed him limping by the bench.  He sure didn't look hurt the first 19 minutes of the 2nd half.

Congrats. Wasn't able watch but the last five minutes of the game. Purdue just can't finish. Just hoping these losses build some character for later in the year. 
They are no more flawed than the other top teams. All have their issues. Purdue could be better at some things, but so could the other elite squads. I'd put them in the 8 or 10 teams that are good enough to win the NCAAs. They just need to get out of their own (brutal) conference season without any major injuries. Purdue could finish 4th in their conference and still be a Top 10 team.

State at Wisky tonight. +3.5. Will be wearing all black tonight. Hopefully not a foreshadowing of the funeral that may likely take place at Kohl tonight for them. I do think they get hammered unfortunately. If not, things are looking better for them with Purdue dropping a couple games. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread