What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (5 Viewers)

Best half of basketball by State so far this season.

Unfortunately there are 2 halves. I think Davis goes on fire in the 2nd half and State loses a close one.

Refs have been pretty non existent. That will also surely change. This is the B1G for gosh sakes. They like to play too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best team effort all season by MSU and thank goodness it came at one of the toughest road locations in the country. Really impressed tonight . Once they cut the turnovers off the offense came through and was solid. Defense outstanding. BIG road win but they are all difficult the rest of the way. No slouches in this league.

GOGREEN 

That would have been straight grand larceny had State taken it with how they played. Mirror image game as the NW game. Ah well. Michigan Saturday, that’ll be fun times at the Brez.

I wish.  I'm about 3 hours from there near Fort Wayne
Oh gotcha. Maybe it was Garrett that was in Bloomington. 

Was wondering what the locals were saying about Woodson. People have to be loving him, I know I was not overly optimistic when I first heard he was the guy. 

Haven’t heard too much about recruiting but he was able to keep guys and some of these Freshman and transfers he picked up in limited time are playing well. 

Was wondering what the locals were saying about Woodson. People have to be loving him, I know I was not overly optimistic when I first heard he was the guy. 

Haven’t heard too much about recruiting but he was able to keep guys and some of these Freshman and transfers he picked up in limited time are playing well. 
He ought to get some kind of award just for the bolded.

Yeah I think it's @Garrett

I wasn't sure about him either but I follow a couple of message boards and blogs where folks were really enthusiastic about his NBA pedigree (and not blaming him for lack of success with the Knicks).  Clearly keeping as many guys as he did says something, and it appears he's already charming the mothers of future recruits - they seem to love him.

The Michigan/Purdue game that was missed has been rescheduled for February 10. So Michigan will now have:

at Purdue on 2/5

at PSU on 2/8

home v Purdue on 2/10

home v OSU on 2/12

Tough week.
 Illinois - Purdue pushed up from 2-10 to 2-8. Hopefully Illinois back to full strength and Edey called for his elbows this time. Illinois developing backup strengh as Kofi Cockburn recovers from concussion from Edey's elbows to face and head. 

Illinois - Purdue pushed up from 2-10 to 2-8. Hopefully Illinois back to full strength and Edey called for his elbows this time. Illinois developing backup strengh as Kofi Cockburn recovers from concussion from Edey's elbows to face and head. 
:rolleyes:

Edey is getting the crap beat out of him every night. If you make your normal moves as a 7' 4" big men, your elbows are naturally going to be at the opponents head level.  

Yeah I think it's @Garrett

I wasn't sure about him either but I follow a couple of message boards and blogs where folks were really enthusiastic about his NBA pedigree (and not blaming him for lack of success with the Knicks).  Clearly keeping as many guys as he did says something, and it appears he's already charming the mothers of future recruits - they seem to love him.
Love it. He has swag for sure (especially compared to Archie :lol:  ) and for some reason I thought he sucked as a pro coach but he had a good record and teams improved under him.

Bob Knight is my guy regardless of how insane and bitter he became but I thought forcing a choice from that era wasn’t a good idea. Glad to be wrong here.

:rolleyes:

Edey is getting the crap beat out of him every night. If you make your normal moves as a 7' 4" big men, your elbows are naturally going to be at the opponents head level.  
Have you watched the replays of Kofi getting elbowed. It is an offenseive foul to lean into a player in position. A foul is a foul...

Love it. He has swag for sure (especially compared to Archie :lol:  ) and for some reason I thought he sucked as a pro coach but he had a good record and teams improved under him.

Bob Knight is my guy regardless of how insane and bitter he became but I thought forcing a choice from that era wasn’t a good idea. Glad to be wrong here.
Speaking of Bobby Knight, with a Spartan win over michigan Saturday, Izzo will tie Knights all-time B1G wins record. 

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/157/881/10881157.jpeg

Nice road W for the Boilers. Came out hot without Ivey which was great to see. Still a few hiccups when Iowa made their comeback, but they did finish it off which they haven't done in the close games they've lost.

Cakewalk win for the Spartans against Michigan at the Brez. Izzo even got to empty the bench at the end. Good time at the Brez. Bunch of big time basketball and football  recruits in the house for the game as well. Great day.

Diabate going to be a helluva nba player one day.  Dickinson  not so much. Plays no defense and has no game outside of 3 feet from the bucket.

Tommy now tied with Bobby Knight for all time B1G wins. Happy Birthday Tommy!!

GOGREEN

Cakewalk win for the Spartans against Michigan at the Brez. Izzo even got to empty the bench at the end. Good time at the Brez. Bunch of big time basketball and football  recruits in the house for the game as well. Great day.

Diabate going to be a helluva nba player one day.  Dickinson  not so much. Plays no defense and has no game outside of 3 feet from the bucket.

Tommy now tied with Bobby Knight for all time B1G wins. Happy Birthday Tommy!!

GOGREEN
That was fun!

Whew. A win is a win and you take them any way you can get them in the B1G. But it shouldn’t of come down to that shot. 
3 straight wins for the Boilers after the loss at IU. 
Painter better get these guys figured out. Great starts, big leads, find a way to blow the lead and then a coin flip on how they finish. Nobody is going to quit and credit to OSU for a great finish but needing that clutch shot from Ivey when you up by 20 with 14 minutes left is ridiculous.  

Boiler Up!

#Michigan vs. Michigan State has been rescheduled for March 1 at 8:30 p.m.

#Wolverines end the season like this:

Feb. 27 vs. Illinois

March 1 vs. Michigan State

March 3 vs. Iowa

March 6 @ Ohio State

#Michigan vs. Michigan State has been rescheduled for March 1 at 8:30 p.m.

#Wolverines end the season like this:

Feb. 27 vs. Illinois

March 1 vs. Michigan State

March 3 vs. Iowa

March 6 @ Ohio State
:thumbup:  Good warmup for the Big Ten Tourney

With the rescheduled game vs michigan, MSU now ends the regular season:

Feb 22nd: at Iowa

Feb 26: vs. Purdue

Mar 1: at michigan

Mar 3: at tOSU

Mar 6: vs. Maryland

So the itinerary is going to be something like: home game Feb. 26, drive to AA Feb. 28, road game Mar. 1, get home 1am Mar. 2, fly to OSU Mar. 2, road game Mar. 3, get home 1am Mar. 4, home game Mar. 6. Woof.

That is a hellacious 8 days to chase a conference title.

LFG!!! #GOGREEN

With the rescheduled game vs michigan, MSU now ends the regular season:

Feb 22nd: at Iowa

Feb 26: vs. Purdue

Mar 1: at michigan

Mar 3: at tOSU

Mar 6: vs. Maryland

So the itinerary is going to be something like: home game Feb. 26, drive to AA Feb. 28, road game Mar. 1, get home 1am Mar. 2, fly to OSU Mar. 2, road game Mar. 3, get home 1am Mar. 4, home game Mar. 6. Woof.

That is a hellacious 8 days to chase a conference title.

LFG!!! #GOGREEN
You missed "drive back to EL early Mar 1 after UM cancels"

OOF…Iowa is just not good.

Murray’s tip at the buzzer was one of the most incredible plays of the year though.  

I think he was hurt and hobbling around a bit. Painter has had some head-scratching plays drawn up the last few games at the wire.  He's got some work to do.

Ivy is an absolute problem for any team trying to guard him.   You just can't keep him down for an entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread