What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (7 Viewers)

Nebraska court has a high school feel to it. Not sure if it is the darker wood floor and the f-ing big "N" in the middle of the court.

Indiana leading OSU at half. :popcorn:
Oladipo with some impressive defensive on Craft. Watford needs to get going in the 2nd half to keep up with the offensive spurts sure to come from OSU once all their starters are back in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, Zeller on the bench with two quick fouls. The last one the guy traveled, picked up and moved his pivot foot before the foul.

Very entertaining game between Indiana and Ohio State. Two very good teams. Indiana has been impressive beating two of the best teams in the nation. Curious to see how they'll do on the road, but the Hoosier fans definitely should be celebrating tonight.

What the hell was Buford doing firing up that 3 at the end? Dumb play by someone who should know better. :hot:

Great game to watch though. :thumbup:

'jon_mx said:
MSU, IU and Michigan all look better than Wisconsin at this point.
Wisconsin grossly over rated. They are a borderline top 25 team and had no business being on the cusp of the top 10

A lot of Wisconsin hate based on one rough shooting night. I'm guessing that will change when they do what they always do to MSU on Tuesday.

A lot of Wisconsin hate based on one rough shooting night. I'm guessing that will change when they do what they always do to MSU on Tuesday.
Not really hate. I just see IU and MSU as top 10 teams and Wisconsin a top 15 team along with Michigan. The Big Ten has 5 teams that should be in Sweet 16, imo.

Not really hate. I just see IU and MSU as top 10 teams and Wisconsin a top 15 team along with Michigan. The Big Ten has 5 teams that should be in Sweet 16, imo.
UM's SOS is abyssmalkenpom has:Wisky #1OSU #2Indy #7MSU #9Purdue #25UM #45

UM's SOS is abyssmalkenpom has:Wisky #1OSU #2Indy #7MSU #9Purdue #25UM #45
Michigan had a cupcake schedule, but they are still on about the same level as Wisconsin. Michigan showed a lot in the second half of last season and is building on that. Michigan got within one last shot of upsetting #1 seed Duke last year.

MSU beats Bo Ryan in the Kohl Center for the first time ever!!

Really can't understate how awesome of a win this is for MSU given the gut-wrenching history of this rivalry.

MSU beats Bo Ryan in the Kohl Center for the first time ever!!Really can't understate how awesome of a win this is for MSU given the gut-wrenching history of this rivalry.
:lmao: :lmao:Wisky with 2 different time clocks...LOL...good try there Bo. :excited:Huge win for the Spartans. This team is for real. 180 degree difference vs. last year's team.

That ending was insane!!! I've never seen anything like that before but the clock above the backboard has to be the "official clock" :confused:

First the hail mary and now the clock. :lol:

That ending was insane!!! I've never seen anything like that before but the clock above the backboard has to be the "official clock" :confused: First the hail mary and now the clock. :lol:
It is the official clock, as it is synced with the red lights around the back of the backboard that go off signalling when that clock hits 00.0.Really thought State was going to get jobbed on that, especially Wisky being the home team. Right call was made though. :thumbup:

Watching the replay I figured the red light on the backboard had to be official, but I wasn't going to breathe easy until they called it. Nothing ever seems to go right for the Spartans in that damn place, and the way the lead had slipped away was typical of that.

Watching the replay I figured the red light on the backboard had to be official, but I wasn't going to breathe easy until they called it. Nothing ever seems to go right for the Spartans in that damn place, and the way the lead had slipped away was typical of that.
You ain't kidding. Wisconsin had every opportunity to take that one from State. Couldn't believe they even had to go look at the clock to see if more time should have been put on when Appling was fouled.

Loved Izzo's postgame comment on the last shot.

Something like... "I didn't see it. All I saw was our guy not getting the rebound, so now I have to go deal with that"

Loved Izzo's postgame comment on the last shot. Something like... "I didn't see it. All I saw was our guy not getting the rebound, so now I have to go deal with that"
Liked that too, Dickitsh or Dakitch or whatever his name is trying to goad him into saying the shot should have counted. :lmao: Those announcers were all over Wisky tonight. Better yet was Ryan's reaction... :banned:

Fellow MSU fan in total agreement.
Update? Wisconsin is the 5th best team in a very good Big 10. There will be 4 to 5 Big 10 teams in the Sweet 16.
After tonight I will happily concede that argument to you.The Badgers were hurting for offense outside of Taylor.

Update? Wisconsin is the 5th best team in a very good Big 10. There will be 4 to 5 Big 10 teams in the Sweet 16.
Really going out on a limb there...after 2 conference games so far... :lmao:
Let's see. IU has beaten the #1 and #2 teams in the country. MSU only loses were to Duke and NC and has since beaten IU and Wisconsin. Wisconsin on the other hand now has 4 loses, one at home to a mediocre at best Iowa team. We are more than a third through the season, a lot more than two games this is based on.

'jon_mx said:
UPDATE:kenpom ratings:tOSU: #1Wisky: #2Indy: #9MSU: #10Purdue: #25UM: #43Minny: #46Can't emphasize enough how huge that win in Wisconsin was for MSU last night (0-8 in WI since '01). :banned:

Great matchup tomorrow night with Michigan @ Indiana. I haven't seen Michigan play this season just know they have been climbing the rankings, have Tim Hardaway's kid, and seem to have been improving over the past few years.

Have seen IU -7.5 online.

Great matchup tomorrow night with Michigan @ Indiana. I haven't seen Michigan play this season just know they have been climbing the rankings, have Tim Hardaway's kid, and seem to have been improving over the past few years.Have seen IU -7.5 online.
Yeah, both teams are going to want to push the pace as much as then can so it will be an exciting game to watch. Michigan will need above average outside shooting and to stay out of foul trouble to keep up offensively with Indiana.

Great matchup tomorrow night with Michigan @ Indiana. I haven't seen Michigan play this season just know they have been climbing the rankings, have Tim Hardaway's kid, and seem to have been improving over the past few years.Have seen IU -7.5 online.
Michigan has always had trouble at Assembly Hall. Hardaway Jr. is our best player, but he is starting to get some competition for that role from freshman PG Trey Burke, who had 27 points against Minnesota last week and is playing well beyond his age. Other guys to keep an eye on are Zack Novak, a 6-3 guard who does a bit of everything (including playing a lot of PF) and PF Evan Smotrycz, who is 6-9 and shooting 54% from 3 on the year. I expect IU to win by 5-8 points, but I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan pulls off the upset. Depends on how hot the Hoosiers are from beyond the arc, and also if Michigan center Jordan Morgan can avoid foul trouble, because we have little depth behind him.

Is cheering for conferences ok in Basketball? Clearly, it is very frowned upon for football.
Depends. For mid-major conferences, it's absolutely acceptable to root for other conference teams in OOC play, for obvious reasons.For major conferences it's completely unacceptable (*)(**). For example, I'm having a hard time picturing any legit Duke fans cheering on North Carolina when they faced Evansville a few weeks ago. Any fans of ACC teams who cheered for Duke last night (except Duke fans obviously) should turn their fan cards in today.* - Except in some rare cases in OOC starting in February, like when your team is on the bubble and an upcoming conference foe plays an OOC opponent before your team.** - In conference challenges (i.e. ACC - B1G Challenge) it's acceptable to root for other conference teams who aren't one of your favorite team's rivals. For example, this year OSU fans could cheer on fellow B1G schools like Nebraska and Northwestern in the ACC - B1G Challenge, but rooting for Michigan would of been a big no no.

UPDATE:kenpom ratings:tOSU: #1Wisky: #2Indy: #9MSU: #10Purdue: #25UM: #43Minny: #46Can't emphasize enough how huge that win in Wisconsin was for MSU last night (0-8 in WI since '01). :banned:
Kenpom has some interesting metrics to evaluate efficiencies and tendancies, but he has lots of work to do on his rating system. Wisconsin is no where near the #2 team and Michigan is a lot better than #43.

Users who are viewing this thread