What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (1 Viewer)

So the Jaguars are missing:

-Their top 3 CBs

-a starting safety

-a starting LB

-4 of their top 5 DEs

-Starting RT

-Starting TE(did not see that injury), and back up TE

-They are not missing any WRs to injury because they never has any to start with

-and various other players that were not starters

And still I don't think all that justifies the performance on MNF.

Only good news last night was the graphic showing Gabbert only signed a 12 Mil contract.

And maybe they can move Whimper to a blocking TE because he sure can't play RT.

What does it say about their defense that they are in the top 5 with the crap secondary they have? An undrafted rookie and multi-team castoff in Youboty? They got ate up last night.

I feel bad for the Jag defense. They are constantly on the field since Gabbert can't move the chains. They'd be better off just running the ball every snap.

My #1 thing on my Christmas list is that Khan will see the ineptitude of Gene Smith and boot him.

What does it say about their defense that they are in the top 5 with the crap secondary they have? An undrafted rookie and multi-team castoff in Youboty? They got ate up last night.

I feel bad for the Jag defense. They are constantly on the field since Gabbert can't move the chains. They'd be better off just running the ball every snap.

My #1 thing on my Christmas list is that Khan will see the ineptitude of Gene Smith and boot him.
:confused: So the inept guy built a top 5 defense?

:confused: So the inept guy built a top 5 defense?
Yup. Missing on some players is an aspect of scouting and drafting. It happens, but it tends to be higher profile when you miss on a QB. As seen in the Gabbert thread that just got bumped, a lot of 'smart' folks misjudged this guy. Smith may not be a genius but he's done a pretty nice job with less resources than most GMs would have done in the same situation.

The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.

Mike Thomas: concussion

Cecil Shorts: hamstring

So barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.Mike Thomas: concussionCecil Shorts: hamstringSo barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.
Expectations for Dillard this weekend? FBG's ranking him 5 spots ahead of LRobinson from DAL, I assume due to the JAX injuries, but I have a hard time making the substitution.

The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.

So barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.
Expectations for Dillard this weekend? FBG's ranking him 5 spots ahead of LRobinson from DAL, I assume due to the JAX injuries, but I have a hard time making the substitution.
West was plucked from the Green Bay practice squad, Price was cut by the Pats and recently picked up off the street, Osgood is a special teamer who has never been very productive as a WR. Which leaves Dillard, a late round draft pick a couple years ago that has been injured more than he has been healthy in his short career. Based on the competition Dillard should get a bunch of targets which might lead to a decent PPR outing, but I have to think that most fantasy teams would have better options.

West was plucked from the Green Bay practice squad, Price was cut by the Pats and recently picked up off the street, Osgood is a special teamer who has never been very productive as a WR. Which leaves Dillard, a late round draft pick a couple years ago that has been injured more than he has been healthy in his short career. Based on the competition Dillard should get a bunch of targets which might lead to a decent PPR outing, but I have to think that most fantasy teams would have better options.
Thanks for the detail, not PPR in this league, 16-teamer - still some thinking to do.

Khan showing a commitment to Jacksonville

New Jaguars owner Shahid Khan remains 100 percent invested in Jacksonville beyond just a clause in the contract calling for him to pay $25 million to Weaver’s favorite charity if Khan moves the team within five years.

In response to the report about the clause on the NFL Network, Khan’s spokesman, Jim Woodcock, said, “Shad Khan is 100 percent invested in Jacksonville and the legacy built by Wayne and Delores Weaver. So when Mr. Weaver requested this feature [the $25 million clause], Shad was very amenable to any language in the purchase agreement to that effect.”
Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-12-19/story/jaguars-owner-shahid-khan-fine-25-million-pledge?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jacksonville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+an#ixzz1h6IFhjrs

It's not getting much press, but Khan ain't messing around with interviews.

“It’s nonstop,” Khan said in an interview with the Times-Union. “This is a one-owner-at-a-time league, [but] that doesn’t mean we can’t prepare. We’ve had our first 25 plays and we’re executing them. This is not something you wait for. We know who our top three choices are. All three are excellent.”

To Khan, speed and discretion are the two most important factors in the coaching search. He expects to do this quickly and quietly, much like how he purchased the Jaguars.

“Discretion is a very valuable asset,” Khan said. “So, keeping this stuff confidential serves the Jaguar fans as well as any prospective candidate.”

Only Khan and Jaguars general manager Gene Smith know the full list of candidates the Jaguars are considering, and Khan said the list does include well-known names, but declined to say who they were.

The interview process began this week, even before Khan officially took over at 1:35 p.m. on Wednesday. Interim head coach Mel Tucker has already interviewed.

The names of five offensive coordinators the Jaguars have requested to speak with became public this week — the Jets’ Brian Schottenheimer, the Patriots’ Bill O’Brien, the Broncos’ Mike McCoy, the Panthers’ Rob Chudzinski and the Falcons’ Mike Mularkey.
Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-04/story/shahid-khan-jaguars-have-three-coaches-mind#ixzz1iaT2m9u7Also saw a tweet last night that all of the HC candidates they have spoken to so far have come out in support of Gabbert.

you guys i hope that they get rid of blaine crapped his pants gabbert he is scared of playing football i dont get it and i just cant even stand thinking about him leading any team let alone one of the most exciting teams in the nfl i went to florida on a vacation once when i was a kid and so i always have good thoughts for jacksonville tkae it to the bank

It's not getting much press, but Khan ain't messing around with interviews.

“It’s nonstop,” Khan said in an interview with the Times-Union. “This is a one-owner-at-a-time league, [but] that doesn’t mean we can’t prepare. We’ve had our first 25 plays and we’re executing them. This is not something you wait for. We know who our top three choices are. All three are excellent.”

To Khan, speed and discretion are the two most important factors in the coaching search. He expects to do this quickly and quietly, much like how he purchased the Jaguars.

“Discretion is a very valuable asset,” Khan said. “So, keeping this stuff confidential serves the Jaguar fans as well as any prospective candidate.”

Only Khan and Jaguars general manager Gene Smith know the full list of candidates the Jaguars are considering, and Khan said the list does include well-known names, but declined to say who they were.

The interview process began this week, even before Khan officially took over at 1:35 p.m. on Wednesday. Interim head coach Mel Tucker has already interviewed.

The names of five offensive coordinators the Jaguars have requested to speak with became public this week — the Jets’ Brian Schottenheimer, the Patriots’ Bill O’Brien, the Broncos’ Mike McCoy, the Panthers’ Rob Chudzinski and the Falcons’ Mike Mularkey.
Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-04/story/shahid-khan-jaguars-have-three-coaches-mind#ixzz1iaT2m9u7Also saw a tweet last night that all of the HC candidates they have spoken to so far have come out in support of Gabbert.
He looks like a proactive owner. I like it.

Khan: Fans = season ticket holders

Khan also expressed his true definition of a Jaguars fan.“I think I can clarify at this point for me a fan is somebody who is a season ticket holder fan for the Jaguars,” says Khan.He continued on to say that he wants input from those fans.“We want to hear from people. We want a huge amount of constructive feedback. We need imput, but we need that from fans who are season ticket holders,” says Khan.
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/shad-khan-its-not-about-splash-its-about-smart/nGLBP/

'JaxBill said:
Khan: Fans = season ticket holders

Khan also expressed his true definition of a Jaguars fan.“I think I can clarify at this point for me a fan is somebody who is a season ticket holder fan for the Jaguars,” says Khan.He continued on to say that he wants input from those fans.“We want to hear from people. We want a huge amount of constructive feedback. We need imput, but we need that from fans who are season ticket holders,” says Khan.
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/shad-khan-its-not-about-splash-its-about-smart/nGLBP/
Yikes and I thought the Mularkey hire would be the worst thing he did this week...still love the mustachio though.

Don't like the all-black uni's. DOn't like them getting away from teal. A bunch of teams already have primary black jerseys and it seems like every team has a black third jersey. And that's not even talking about black in the Florida sun.

Don't like the all-black uni's. DOn't like them getting away from teal. A bunch of teams already have primary black jerseys and it seems like every team has a black third jersey. And that's not even talking about black in the Florida sun.
I've gotta agree, every team has black, but one of the signatures of the Jaguars franchise is the teal color. The all black in the hot sun doesn't seem too smart to me, black pants with white tops might work, but the all black just doesn't fly.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?

Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.

What does this have to do with the Jags?

One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.

One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.

Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.What does this have to do with the Jags?One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.
I get what you are saying and the Jaguars to St. Louis if the Rams move rumors have been floated around for a while. But do not see it as an issue. I think Khan will keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville because he recognizes that long term it can develop into one of the better fan bases. Jacksonville already out draws Tampa and Miami which are much more populated areas. With some proper management the Jags could be a model of small market success moving forward.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.What does this have to do with the Jags?One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.
I get what you are saying and the Jaguars to St. Louis if the Rams move rumors have been floated around for a while. But do not see it as an issue. I think Khan will keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville because he recognizes that long term it can develop into one of the better fan bases. Jacksonville already out draws Tampa and Miami which are much more populated areas. With some proper management the Jags could be a model of small market success moving forward.
Wow you're delusional.

Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.

One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.

One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.

Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.
Here lies the problem. That ain't happening with this franchise. Khan thinks this is his fantasy team and Gene Smith is as inept as George W. Bush. They are hopeless. I can't wait to watch Gene blow yet another draft as I sit at my local establishment while downing a brew. It's gotten as entertaining as watching the Raiders run their show.

Here lies the problem. That ain't happening with this franchise. Khan thinks this is his fantasy team and Gene Smith is as inept as George W. Bush. They are hopeless. I can't wait to watch Gene blow yet another draft as I sit at my local establishment while downing a brew. It's gotten as entertaining as watching the Raiders run their show.
The Jaguars defense finished 6th in the NFL in yards allowed last season in spite losing multiple CBs and DEs. By the end of the season they were starting two street free agents at CB and a back up DT at DE after putting 30 players on IR. The previous year the Jaguars defense finished 28th in the NFL in yards allowed. Is going from 28th to 6th inept? Does it make you hopeless? MJD led the NFL in rushing last season. Does that make you hopeless?

The passing game was awful, more than awful last season. But the Jaguars have put together a pretty good defense and the rushing attack one of the better in the NFL. I do not consider that inept. Yes, this season they need to improve the passing attack greatly, but when you consider the results of focusing on the defense last season, there is room for some hope for improvement in the passing attack which will be the focus this season.

'Wadsworth said:
'Warpig said:

The Jaguars defense finished 6th in the NFL in yards allowed last season in spite losing multiple CBs and DEs. By the end of the season they were starting two street free agents at CB and a back up DT at DE after putting 30 players on IR. The previous year the Jaguars defense finished 28th in the NFL in yards allowed. Is going from 28th to 6th inept? Does it make you hopeless? MJD led the NFL in rushing last season. Does that make you hopeless?

The passing game was awful, more than awful last season. But the Jaguars have put together a pretty good defense and the rushing attack one of the better in the NFL. I do not consider that inept. Yes, this season they need to improve the passing attack greatly, but when you consider the results of focusing on the defense last season, there is room for some hope for improvement in the passing attack which will be the focus this season.
Del Rio is a defensive minded coach. Mike Smith did a good job under him as well. And even Mel Tucker. I would have liked for JDR to stay on as a D-coordinator, but his hands were tied offensively with Gene making those ridiculous draft picks. I'd rather you be GM because I have more faith in you doing the right thing.

I'm not sold on Laurent Robinson being a #1. Pretty sure no one else is either. Except for Gene Smith ofcourse. That is a joke. So, we still have the weakest WR corps in the league. Odds are MJD will lose a step this year. A lot depends on O-line cohesion...hopefully they can keep that going from last year. I'm comfortable with our RB depth.

Our QB situation...well, EVERYONE (except for the brilliant Gene Smith) knows how that is. I have no reason to believe Gabbert will get any better than what he is. I watched a ton of his games while living in Missouri and my wife and her family are huge Missouri fans. Can only hope that Henne takes over and gives us somewhat of a threat in the passing game.

But I know that Gene Smith will totally blow this draft class out his ###. His selections are inexcusable.

'Wadsworth said:
'Warpig said:

Del Rio is a defensive minded coach. Mike Smith did a good job under him as well. And even Mel Tucker. I would have liked for JDR to stay on as a D-coordinator, but his hands were tied offensively with Gene making those ridiculous draft picks. I'd rather you be GM because I have more faith in you doing the right thing.

I'm not sold on Laurent Robinson being a #1. Pretty sure no one else is either. Except for Gene Smith ofcourse. That is a joke. So, we still have the weakest WR corps in the league. Odds are MJD will lose a step this year. A lot depends on O-line cohesion...hopefully they can keep that going from last year. I'm comfortable with our RB depth.

Our QB situation...well, EVERYONE (except for the brilliant Gene Smith) knows how that is. I have no reason to believe Gabbert will get any better than what he is. I watched a ton of his games while living in Missouri and my wife and her family are huge Missouri fans. Can only hope that Henne takes over and gives us somewhat of a threat in the passing game.

But I know that Gene Smith will totally blow this draft class out his ###. His selections are inexcusable.
Wayne Weaver before the 2011 season took the defense away from Del Rio because according to multiple reports he was messing it up and the defense went form 28th to 6th under Mel Tucker. That is the guy you wanted to keep around? You seem to only casually follow the Jaguars and yet you want to seriously hate them. The Del Rio comment is pretty clear indication that you just are not paying that much attention.

'Wadsworth said:
'Warpig said:

Wayne Weaver before the 2011 season took the defense away from Del Rio because according to multiple reports he was messing it up and the defense went form 28th to 6th under Mel Tucker. That is the guy you wanted to keep around? You seem to only casually follow the Jaguars and yet you want to seriously hate them. The Del Rio comment is pretty clear indication that you just are not paying that much attention.
Oh dear god, don't be "that" guy. Maybe you should do your homework.Jacksonville's defense was ranked 6, 11, 6, and 2nd in total yards 2003 - 2006. In Mike Smith's last year of 2007 they were ranked 12. Then they went 17th, 23rd, and 28th from 2008 to 2010. Then they bounced back to 6th in 2011...still under Del Rio's watch. I read that they struggled on defense the last few years due to toying with the thought and experimenting some with the 3-4 since that is what Tucker was more familiar with, but ofcourse they didn't have the personnel for a 3-4. So when Tucker got up to speed on the 4-3, Del Rio agreed to let him take the defense over. And boom, back up to #6. Who knows what really took place. But Del Rio's history with defense had been pretty successful to that point. So I will choose to take his side in the argument.

Now we can argue that he didn't get much help through the draft during those years. Let's take a peek shall we?

Year Rnd Pick

2008 1 8 Derrick Harvey - Crap

2008 2 52 Quentin Groves - Crap

2008 5 155 Thomas Williams - Crap

2008 5 159 Trae Williams - Crap

2008 7 213 Chauncey Washington - Crap

Year Rnd Pick

2009 1 8 Eugene Monroe - solid

2009 2 39 Eben Britton - injury prone

2009 3 72 Terrance Knighton - out of shape and inconsistent

2009 3 73 Derek Cox - in and out of lineup/ inconsistent

2009 4 107 Mike Thomas - a 5'7" WR? Good one Gene.

2009 5 144 Jarett Dillard - crap

2009 6 180 Zach Miller - injury prone

2009 7 250 Rashad Jennings - injury prone

2009 7 253 Tiquan Underwood - crap

Year Rnd Pick

2010 1 10 Tyson Alualu - solid but injured

2010 3 74 D'Anthony Smith - who?

2010 5 143 Larry Hart - crap

2010 5 153 Austen Lane - crap

2010 6 180 Deji Karim - solid late round pick

2010 6 203 Scotty McGee - crap

Year Rnd Pick

2011 1 10 Blaine Gabbert - HA,HA,HA,HA,HA!!

2011 3 76 William Rackley - may end up being servicable

2011 4 114 Cecil Shorts - jury is still out

2011 4 121 Chris Prosinski - may have "potential"

2011 5 147 Rod Issac - special teamer at best

Now show me where the defensive help is? Gene Smith is an idiot. His drafts are full of reaches and whiffs. If you have any hope/faith that they will do any thing other than stay the course, you are kidding yourself. How many of those guys are even still on the roster? OUT OF THE LEAGUE?!?

Now take off your rose colored, Gene Smith loving glasses and back away before you hurt yourself.

Del Rio agreed to let Mel Tucker take over? Are you his agent or something? Before the season Jack Del Rio was told by the owner to leave Mel Tucker alone and let him run the defense without interference the same way he was told to leave Dirk alone with the offense. He agreed, because if he didn't he was going to lose his job.

Now show me where the defensive help is?
Of the 12 starting spots on the defense(including nickleback) in 2011, 9 of them are Gene Smith players. Also every single reserve, many of whom got extensive playing time in 2011 due to injury, are Gene Smith players. Gene has almost completely rebuilt that defense and it looks pretty good. You ask where is the help on defense when only 3 players are left from when Gene took over 3 years ago? Seriously?Also, Gene Smith was not the GM in 2008, but being the huge Jaguars fan that you are I am sure you knew that, right?

Del Rio agreed to let Mel Tucker take over? Are you his agent or something? Before the season Jack Del Rio was told by the owner to leave Mel Tucker alone and let him run the defense without interference the same way he was told to leave Dirk alone with the offense. He agreed, because if he didn't he was going to lose his job.

Of the 12 starting spots on the defense(including nickleback) in 2011, 9 of them are Gene Smith players. Also every single reserve, many of whom got extensive playing time in 2011 due to injury, are Gene Smith players. Gene has almost completely rebuilt that defense and it looks pretty good. You ask where is the help on defense when only 3 players are left from when Gene took over 3 years ago? Seriously?Also, Gene Smith was not the GM in 2008, but being the huge Jaguars fan that you are I am sure you knew that, right?
Smith joined the Jaguars in 1994 as a college scout. He was promoted to director of college scouting in 2000, and then took on the role of Executive Director of College and Pro Personnel in January 2008. He became the first general manager in Jaguars history on January 12, 2009
He was still calling the shots or had substantial input his entire tenure with Jacksonville.He's had to overpay to bring in FA's from other teams to cover up his shortcomings in drafting. Poz - FASessions - FAKampman - FA Landry - FAAnother smart move on his part cutting Garrard before the season because he had to get his man-crush Gabbert in there so he could show off his new toy to all his boyfriends.

Smith joined the Jaguars in 1994 as a college scout. He was promoted to director of college scouting in 2000, and then took on the role of Executive Director of College and Pro Personnel in January 2008. He became the first general manager in Jaguars history on January 12, 2009
He was still calling the shots or had substantial input his entire tenure with Jacksonville.He's had to overpay to bring in FA's from other teams to cover up his shortcomings in drafting.

Poz - FA

Sessions - FA

Kampman - FA

Landry - FA

Another smart move on his part cutting Garrard before the season because he had to get his man-crush Gabbert in there so he could show off his new toy to all his boyfriends.
When he was a scout in 1994 he was calling the shots or had substantial input? Perfect. That quote proves my point better than I could have.

And I am sure Garrard would have been awesome on IR with back issues.

The Redskins are again removing seats to lower game day stadium capacity. In 2011 they took out 8,000 seats and this year they are removing another 4,000 for a total of 12,000 seats. The famous Jacksonville tarps removed less than 10,000 seats. Just something to keep in mind, many NFL teams are having attendance issues.

The Jaguars finished 25th in attendance in 2011 ahead of among others both in state rival Miami and Tampa. The Jags have not had a blackout since 2009. Season tickets sales are up this year even without Tebow. :rolleyes:

If you listen to the national media you would think the team was at the bottom of NFL in attendance and having blackout on a weekly basis. Even a writer that I respect, Peter King, said that the tarps covered 1/3 of the stadium seats. Several national media members have made reference to "all the blackouts" in Jacksonville the past couple years. Jacksonville has attendance issues like a lot of other NFL teams and the community needs to to do better. But these problem are not limited to one franchise and there are several teams having bigger issues.

Count me as sucker who selected Gabbert and passed on Newton. I am holding him and hoping he worked his tail off this off season to improve his pocket work. Would be nice if Jags drafted him some help at WR.

Bluer teal on the Nike uniforms?http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/4/3/2922186/jacksonville-jaguars-new-uniforms#storyjump

The Jaguars will have completely new uniforms for the 2013 season, but I do not think those will be revealed until next spring. According to some Jaguars players, they do have input on the jerseys and Uche Nwaneri described them on Facebook as "think Oregon but on steroids."
Ugh

Wonderful. As if preseason games weren't bad enough, Jags STH get a Week 1 game when the starters play maybe a series or 2 and Week 4 when the starters rarely even play.

Week 1: New York Giants at Jacksonville JaguarsWeek 2: Jacksonville Jaguars at New Orleans SaintsWeek 3: Jacksonville Jaguars at Baltimore RavensWeek 4: Atlanta Falcons at Jacksonville Jaguars

i am very sad to see one of the most storied franchises in the nfl so down on its luck and crushed by the contract they gave to one of if the not the worst quarterback to ever take the field honestly they should just bench him and use him in non football rolls like changing the oil in the team injury haul off cart and inspecting the padding around the goal posts and changing the filter on the nacho cheese warmer at least then he would perform some work of value unless you are betting on them losing in which case blaine crappy pants gabbert is your guy

I am actually hearing that the entire 2012 season could be in jeopardy for Knighton. Since this is the final season of his rookie contract the Jaguars might decide to plan on life without him entering the draft. Just a terrible situation for a good football players and good guy.

I am actually hearing that the entire 2012 season could be in jeopardy for Knighton. Since this is the final season of his rookie contract the Jaguars might decide to plan on life without him entering the draft. Just a terrible situation for a good football players and good guy.
I know they are different circumstances, but I can't help but think of Richard Collier.I really like Pot Roast.

Seriously???? A ####### punter at the top of the third. We deserve every bit of ridicule coming our way.

Khan needs to take the keys away from Gene Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread