What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (1 Viewer)

Marqise Lee and Sen'derrick Marks will return to practice limited this week.

Joekel has sprained ankle

Last edited by a moderator:
step back... Down practically the whole game and Robinson has one catch? wtf is going on. wow
He dropped a couple, but play calling was not good, at all. A bunch of short passes underneath.
So the coaches gush all offseason about how Bortles has progressed. Yet they are too afraid to let him throw downfield? Either it was all a smoke screen trying to motivate Tatum Bell...errrrr, I mean Bortles or he's just not that good. I saw all those pass attempts with very little yardage to match. That's chicken####!

Marqise Lee is probable today, as is Rashad Greene.

Unfortunately, Joeckel is questionable with an ankle injury and when his replacement Sam Young came in the game last week, things went downhill fast.. That OL was already going to have its hands ful with the Dolphins front 4.

Huge game for Jags today. A loss today and they are staring 0-4 in the face (@NE, @Indy up next).

Badly needed win for a young team and coach.

Be interesting to see how bad of an underdog they'll be at Pats. 14.5?

Jaguars are in first place for the first time since Week 14 2010.

That was an owner, a GM, 3 head coaches, numerous QBs and 2 mayors ago.

Because it didn't look bleak enough, the albino tiger is now questionable....

@ryanohalloran: UPDATED list of who won't play/is/doubtful/quest. for #Jaguars Sunday

Nos. 1-2 LT

TE

RG

No. 2 RB

Nos. 3-4 WR

DT

Nos. 1-2 Leos

SS

No. 3 CB

Was expecting an ugly loss but that even uglier than I imagined.

Lot of people locally are upset about the beatdown. But it's all about the upcoming week and how many people they can get back healthy.

Huge game this week. perhaps the biggest of Gus Bradley's tenure.

they held out a couple of questionable players vs New England , seeming to save them for the Colts.

Joekel, Gratz, Cyprien, Branch, and Sample were all back at practice yesterday.

Coming off last week's blowout, they need a much better showing.

Thing to watch this week: Luck has struggled vs the blitz this year due to his Ol problems. Jaguars seldom blitz. Do the Jags alter that?

Huge game this week. perhaps the biggest of Gus Bradley's tenure.

they held out a couple of questionable players vs New England , seeming to save them for the Colts.

Joekel, Gratz, Cyprien, Branch, and Sample were all back at practice yesterday.

Coming off last week's blowout, they need a much better showing.

Thing to watch this week: Luck has struggled vs the blitz this year due to his Ol problems. Jaguars seldom blitz. Do the Jags alter that?
I would hope so.

Andre Branch practiced in full for a second time yesterday so an anemic pass rush could get a little bump.

Biggest game of Gus Bradley era and I'm going to be traveling to my son's soccer game.

I'll just leave this here.

Jaguars 23

Colts 17

Jaguars bumble their way into 16-13 OT loss to the Colts

By Alfie Crow

The Jaguars showed everyone that they know how to do one thing well on Sunday, and that's lose football games.

The Jacksonville Jaguars suffered their worst loss of the Gus Bradley/Dave Caldwell era with a 16-13 overtime loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. Sure, they didn't get blown out and many people might think that a 3-point loss being called the worst of a regime is over the top, but they'd be wrong.

The Jaguars lost a football game to a bad roster led by a 40-year old backup quarterback.

Remember in Week 1 after the loss when I said I stopped letting football ruin my day a long time ago? Well, that was a lie because this is the most angry I've ever been about watching my team lose a football game. I am definitely mad online. There is zero excuse for the Jaguars losing this football game and it's a much worse loss than the blowout to the New England Patriots a week prior.

Once it was clear that the Colts were going to be without Andrew Luck, this should have been an easy victory for the Jaguars. I don't care who the Jaguars were missing, who was injured or what. The Colts are not a good football team without Luck and struggled to be one with him this season. The Jaguars, overall, have a better roster if Luck isn't there and should have easily one the game.

Instead, they bumbled all over the field. I thought Blake Bortles had a pretty good day overall, but in the second half the Colts adjusted what they were doing defensively and the Jaguars couldn't score. In fact, it was the tenth time the Jaguars were held scoreless in the second half since the beginning of the 2013 season. It was the 17th time they've scored less than a touchdown in the second half, as well, in the same time span.

Like, how in the hell is that even possible? In 47 percent of the games you've played, you've failed to score at least 7 points in the second half? How? I don't understand. That flies in the face of the law of averages, doesn't it? The Jaguars averaged 15.4 points per game in 2013, 15.6 in 2014 and currently sit at 15.5 points per game in 2015...

I don't know the stats for other teams in the NFL, but that seems ridiculous, no matter who you have on the field.

And I actually think Greg Olson called a good game. In fact, I haven't really had an issue with his playcalling at all, it's just the execution.

But really, the bigger point here is that the Jaguars ruined my birthday. And they did it by showing they're poorly coached. They can't get out of their own way and they struggle to adapt to anything in-game.

To me, that comes down to coaching. I patiently sat through two years of it, knowing that the real measuring stick was going to be this season and so far we've been left wanting. About mid=season last year I wasn't sure Gus Bradley was the answer for the Jaguars in the long term and through the last two weeks he's set that in stone, at least for me.

I don't want to hear about injuries. I don't want to have the process explained to me. I understand the undertaking they did when they decided to completely blow it all up and I agreed with the methodology, but in reality it appears like it's going to fail.

At least with Gus.

The team has the mentality of their head coach. They're upbeat. They're competitive. But, they also show the inability to adapt. They show the inability to overcome adversity. As soon as there's a big swing in momentum, they're done. I don't know if it's immaturity, since the offense is still so young or what, but that's what happens. There's too many coaching mistakes, lack of adjustments and changes to match what the other teams have done and too many times there are dumb mistakes made by the players.

I'm convinced Gus Bradley gets fired. It probably won't be any time soon and I'm not calling for him to be fired today, because that doesn't really change anything, but it's pretty clear hes not a good head coach.

The Jaguars have constantly tried to get better. It's time they got good, instead

I spent a frustrating day driving 3 hours round trip for a kid's soccer game and somehow glad I didn't subject myself to this misery

I spent a frustrating day driving 3 hours round trip for a kid's soccer game and somehow glad I didn't subject myself to this misery
Be glad you missed it. Honestly, it was the last three years rolled up into one game.

INDIANAPOLIS | Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles is on pace to throw for 3,984 yards.

That would be the second-highest total in franchise history and the best since Mark Brunell in 1996.

Bortles is also on pace to throw for 24 touchdowns. That would break David Garrards franchise record.

Receiver Allen Robinson is on pace to gain 1,320 receiving yards.

The Jaguars havent had a 1,000-yard receiver since Jimmy Smith in 2005.

Receiver Allen Hurns is on pace to gain 1,256 yards.

The Jaguars havent had two receivers gain 1,000 yards since 2001.

Running back T.J. Yeldon is on pace to run for 1,036 yards.

The Jaguars havent had a 1,000-yard back since Maurice Jones-Drew in 2011.

So, why cant this team score touchdowns?

The Jaguars lost at Indianapolis 16-13 in overtime Sunday because they couldnt find the end zone.

Its a reoccurring theme.

The Jaguars point total in four games: 9, 23, 17 and 13.

Thats not going to get it done consistently in terms of victories unless a team has a dominant defense.

The Jaguars dont even have a mediocre one.

If the Jaguars are going to reverse course and turn around their 1-3 start, the offense has to translate impressive yardage totals into points.

The Jaguars failed to find the end zone on their final eight possessions Sunday.

Heres the kicker. Whoops thats probably a word Jaguars fans dont want to read today.

The offense drove into Colts territory on six of those possessions and still couldnt score a single touchdown.

Its tough, because there were a lot of missed opportunities today, Bortles said. We did a good job in the first half putting up points and stalled out in the second, whether it was a lack of making plays or shooting ourselves in the foot. The defense did a good job keeping us in it. Weve got to score touchdowns.

The Jaguars knew they would need to hit explosive pass plays to beat the Colts. They also knew Indianapolis secondary could be had.

The Colts gave up seven pass plays of 20-plus yards to Tennessee rookie Marcus Mariota last week in a 35-33 win. Mariota also completed two passes that went for 19 yards.

Early on, it appeared Bortles and the Jaguars had found the right formula to copy Tennessees success.

Bortles completed a 26-yard pass to Hurns midway through the first quarter.

On the next play, he connected deep on a 48-yard pass to Robinson, who made an oustanding diving catch.

Robinson was touched down at the Indianapolis 6-yard line.

The result? Field goal. Thats a failure.

Bortles misfired on passes to Robinson and Hurns, while Yeldon gained 4 on second down.

Early in the second quarter, Bortles hit another explosive pass. Tight end Clay Harbor got open and caught a 21-yard pass. That chunk play led to a touchdown when Bortles found Hurns for an 8-yard score.

At that point, Bortles had completed three passes of at least 21 yards on his first nine attempts.

The Jaguars passing game was rolling. There was still 11:31 left in the second quarter.

Then, nothing.

Bortles threw 41 more times in the game. None went for 20 yards or more.

Thats inexplicable against a Colts defense that entered the game giving up the third-highest amount of 20-plus yard passes in the league.

Drops werent a problem. Tight end Marcedes Lewis had one that wouldve gained roughly 12 yards.

Bortles was accurate for the most part. He didnt miss wide-open receivers deep downfield.

Is it part of the maturation of the offense, still led by a bevy of second-year skill players [bortles, Robinson and Hurns] and a rookie back in Yeldon?

We made some plays, but weve got to make more at crucial times, Robinson said. We have to capitalize on more of our possessions. We moved the ball in the second half, but when were in their territory weve got to find a way to get points.

Did the coaching staff scale back its aggressiveness once it crossed midfield?

It seemed so. Many teams like to air it out deep once they get to around the opponents 40-yard line. Maybe the play was called by offensive coordinator Greg Olson, although it didn't look like it. Bortles never took a shot downfield.

The Jaguars usually ran the ball with Yeldon or threw short passes once they crossed midfield.

Did Indianapolis make a halftime adjustment?

No, it was just a lack of execution, Bortles said.

The yardage totals say the Jaguars have a promising nucleus of young talent.

The scoreboard needs to reflect it from here on out.

Hays Carlyon: (904) 359-4377

Coaches that Gus has beaten

Munchak*

Kubiak (2x)*

Chudzinski*

Pettine

Coughlin

Whisenhunt

Philbin*

*Fired

Pettine and Whisenhunt should be very afraid.

Still not happy with last week, but at least I have a reason to look ahead to Sunday.

I'm going to be one of the 2,000 Jaguars fans to "takeover" Raymond James stadium in the Bold City brigade organized trip.

http://www.boldcitybrigade.com/invasion/

Latest counts I saw were 2,000 tickets, roughly 1,300 attending an organized tailgate. Like bringing coals to Newcastle, BCB is bringing 45 kegs of craft beer (Intuition, Engine 15) from Jacksonville to Tampa.

They're bringing in 2 different food trucks to cater breakfast and lunch. Most are driviing on their own but they do have 4 tour buses leaving Jacksonville Sunday morning. They have 5 tour buses ferrying people from an Ybor hotel to the tailgate lot.

I'm driving over Saturday afternoon/evening and meeting up with my son who attends USF. I have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday and driving back Monday.

Anyway, look for a huge swath of teal directly under the pirate ship on Sunday!

Coaches that Gus has beaten

Munchak*

Kubiak (2x)*

Chudzinski*

Pettine

Coughlin

Whisenhunt

Philbin*

*Fired

Pettine and Whisenhunt should be very afraid.
Interesting, also many figure Coughlin's last year (despite two year deal) so he'll fit right in here

Still not happy with last week, but at least I have a reason to look ahead to Sunday.

I'm going to be one of the 2,000 Jaguars fans to "takeover" Raymond James stadium in the Bold City brigade organized trip.

Latest counts I saw were 2,000 tickets, roughly 1,300 attending an organized tailgate. Like bringing coals to Newcastle, BCB is bringing 45 kegs of craft beer (Intuition, Engine 15) from Jacksonville to Tampa.

They're bringing in 2 different food trucks to cater breakfast and lunch. Most are driviing on their own but they do have 4 tour buses leaving Jacksonville Sunday morning. They have 5 tour buses ferrying people from an Ybor hotel to the tailgate lot.

I'm driving over Saturday afternoon/evening and meeting up with my son who attends USF. I have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday and driving back Monday.

:thumbup: Represent brother!!

I'll be there too, JB.

Jaguars have the two most productive second-year receivers in the NFL

By ColeHartley

Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns rank first and second, respectively, among second-year wide receivers in total yards this season. Neat.

Somewhere within the plethora of offensive struggles that the Jacksonville Jaguars have buried themselves under, there is a quarterback projected to pass for over 4,000 yards this season and two receivers with a legitimate -- like, actually somewhat realistic -- chance at surpassing 1,000 yards on the season.

Early season projections are stupid and don't always tell the tale that time ultimately shoves down our throat, but it's hard not to do a double-take when comparing some quarter-season Jaguars stats to overall team production.

This season, Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns are ranked first and second, respectively, among second-year wide receivers in total production. Robinson has 330 yards on 15 receptions, and Hurns has 314 yards on 22 receptions.

It's not that shocking that the first and second ranked 2014 receivers are on the same team, considering Hurns and Robinson are both starters and focal points of the Jaguars offense.

It's pretty crazy, however, that one of the two most productive receivers from the 2014 NFL Draft class technically wasn't even part of that draft class. Hurns went undrafted.

Or perhaps, it's bittersweet, considering the Jaguars did draft two wide receivers in the second round of the 2014 draft, but one of these two isn't even in the top 50 on the second year receiver list (Marqise Lee).

Or maybe it's just bitter, considering the Jaguars employ the two most productive second-year receivers in the NFL but rank 31st in the league in total points scored.

31st in total points. That's 15.5 per game.

In fact, Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson both have two touchdowns on the year. Their touchdowns combined (that's four, try and keep up) make up over 45% of the Jaguars total points on the year.

Again, this isn't exactly surprising. It's about what we expected. We thought we'd see Allen Robinson emerge as a true X-receiver, and we knew Hurns would take a step through Marqise Lee's inevitable injury trouble. Likewise, with Julius Thomas sidelined, Hurns and Robinson were bound absorb the entire workload.

It is surprising, however, that Robinson and Hurns have both taken steps forward, but the offense as a whole still appears to be lagging. The Jaguars need to find a way to score points, and it looks like they just don't have the right formula yet. That's discouraging.

Still, it's pretty cool to see A-Rob and Hurns at the top of the stacked second-year receiver list, together, way above names such as Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr., Jordan Matthews, and Brandin Cooks.

But it has only been a quarter of a season. Quarter-season totals are bound to throw a few whack stats in your face; it's probably best for everyone involved to just ignore them until a colder month.

Or write an article about them.

Users who are viewing this thread