What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (4 Viewers)

John Gonoude:

@Jaguars are now averaging 29.3 ppg in their last 9 games. Entering today, their 26.3 ppg since Week 5 tied for the @NFL's 7th-best mark.

Growth.

@Tdickman89:

Age 22-or-younger with 12+ receiving TDs thru 13 games in a season:

Isaac Bruce ('95)

Randy Moss ('98)

Gronk ('11)

@Thee_AR15 ('15)

Jags' Week 16 game in New Orleans has been flexed to 4:15.

Finally some respect (or realization of how mediocre the division is).

Rooting for the impossible dream.

The Jaguars finish 30 (including a Week 17 win at Houston)

Texans beat the Colts in Week 15

The Titans beat the Texans in Week 16

The Colts lose to either the Dolphins in Week 16 or the Titans in Week 17

Now that's possible but not likely. But these last few weeks are important in the development & maturation of the Jaguars. Want to see a strong finish to build on.

What bugs me is they have enough talent to win now. Yesterday's all three phases domination over the last 32 minutes was impressive, especially considering how sluggish they started out. Think they four 3 n outs early yesterday. But the next step in the progression is winning games you don't expect to or when you're less than perfect. They've lost a few games this year that good teams would have found a way to close out.

Bad teams have a fragile psyche and panic sets in when they make a mistake or a call goes against them. Yesterday there was a moment around the 2 minute warning when it looked like they were going to give it away. They lost the fumble / TD & Bortles followed that up with a sack / lost fumble. The defense bailed them out with their own fumble return for 6. Then they just boat raced them the second half. Total turnaround.

There's a lot to address between now & July, but this team can host a playoff game next year.

BobbyLayne said:

Now that's possible but not likely. But these last few weeks are important in the development & maturation of the Jaguars. Want to see a strong finish to build on.

What bugs me is they have enough talent to win now. Yesterday's all three phases domination over the last 32 minutes was impressive, especially considering how sluggish they started out. Think they four 3 n outs early yesterday. But the next step in the progression is winning games you don't expect to or when you're less than perfect. They've lost a few games this year that good teams would have found a way to close out.

Bad teams have a fragile psyche and panic sets in when they make a mistake or a call goes against them. Yesterday there was a moment around the 2 minute warning when it looked like they were going to give it away. They lost the fumble / TD & Bortles followed that up with a sack / lost fumble. The defense bailed them out with their own fumble return for 6. Then they just boat raced them the second half. Total turnaround.

There's a lot to address between now & July, but this team can host a playoff game next year.
What bugs me is they have/had the opportunity to win the division this year and I'm still frustrated by a couple bad losses (SD/TENN most recently). Yeah the Jags are on the upswing but the division isn't always going to be that ripe for the taking. TENN and IND have young Qb that will be around for a decade+. HOU has Watt and a heckuva defense.

Jags have lost 5 games by 7 points or less. If they had just one of those back, they'd be in the driver's seat of a bad division.

BobbyLayne said:

What bugs me is they have/had the opportunity to win the division this year and I'm still frustrated by a couple bad losses (SD/TENN most recently). Yeah the Jags are on the upswing but the division isn't always going to be that ripe for the taking. TENN and IND have young Qb that will be around for a decade+. HOU has Watt and a heckuva defense.

Jags have lost 5 games by 7 points or less. If they had just one of those back, they'd be in the driver's seat of a bad division.
The loss to Indy broke my year.

All of their wins before this week were by 7 points or less, too. If they lost one of those you'd be at 4-9 wondering whether it's worth tanking to get a better draft pick. Jacksonville hasn't beaten a .500 or better team, and two of its five wins have come against the opponent's backup QB (EJ Manuel and Matt Hasselbeck). Don't get ahead of yourself, this team wasn't going anywhere any more than Detroit was last week. Be content with having the possibility of some good young talent.

All of their wins before this week were by 7 points or less, too. If they lost one of those you'd be at 4-9 wondering whether it's worth tanking to get a better draft pick. Jacksonville hasn't beaten a .500 or better team, and two of its five wins have come against the opponent's backup QB (EJ Manuel and Matt Hasselbeck). Don't get ahead of yourself, this team wasn't going anywhere any more than Detroit was last week. Be content with having the possibility of some good young talent.
Oh you're supposed to beat backup QB? Check out some of the QB they lost to. Not exactly a gauntlet of gunslingers including the aforementioned Mr. Hasselbeck.

Fact remains this lousy division presented them with a prime opportunity to get a (brief) taste of the playoffs. And last week's win allows them to hold onto a sliver of hope as long as their kicker doesn't miss yet another FG or his 8th XP or the defense allows 35+ to a bad defense or something else bizarre.

Limited viewership area for Jags-falcons

http://506sports.com/

I guess Oviedo native and UCF alum Bortles has to throw for 70 Billion TDs before Orlando shows a Jags game that they don't HAVE to. (And even then "apologize" for)

Jags playoff hopes rest on

JAX playoff hopes remain alive: • JAX must finish 2-0 (@ NO, @ HOU) • HOU must finish 0-2 (@ TEN, vs JAX) • IND must lose vs TEN in Wk 17

— Tad Dickman (@Tdickman89) December 20, 2015
So you just need Gus to win 2 games in a row AND Mularkey to win two games in a row. No problem.

Yeah, I know they just aren't that good and don't deserve to be in the playoffs with that defense.

Yeah, I know they just aren't that good and don't deserve to be in the playoffs with that defense.
If they make the playoffs they deserve to be there. The Jags young offense has improved a lot since last year, and the team will be very competitive once their defense improves. They are a team on the rise.

First 3 rounds of Jaguars' 2012 draft (last for GM Gene Smith)

Justin Blackmon

Andre Branch (non-factor)

Bryan Anger ("Punters are people too!")

About where I am

It’s time for a little splash of cold water right in the face: The Jaguars still aren’t very good, they’re poorly coached and look like to finish with 5-6 wins. If you told me at the beginning of the season they’d finish 6-10 I’d be happy to take it, but given how the season has transpired that’s a massive disappointment.

The Jaguars have continuously lost to bad teams and been other team’s slump busters. Do you have some ridiculous losing streak you need snapped, like losing 11 straight games at home? Play the Jaguars, you’ll bust the slump.
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/21/10634370/jaguars-lose-another-important-game-still-alive-in-nfl-playoffs

God, the defense is just so bad. So bad.
Could not get off the field in the 4th. That was frustrating.

So annoying, with a little stiffer defense and a few breaks, could easily be 8-6/9-5. Just gotta hope this is part of the linear progression. Crucial FA signing period and draft coming up. With these skill position players, they have a window of opportunity opening up to take it to the next level.

About where I am

Its time for a little splash of cold water right in the face: The Jaguars still arent very good, theyre poorly coached and look like to finish with 5-6 wins. If you told me at the beginning of the season theyd finish 6-10 Id be happy to take it, but given how the season has transpired thats a massive disappointment.

The Jaguars have continuously lost to bad teams and been other teams slump busters. Do you have some ridiculous losing streak you need snapped, like losing 11 straight games at home? Play the Jaguars, youll bust the slump.
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/21/10634370/jaguars-lose-another-important-game-still-alive-in-nfl-playoffs
My thoughts as well.

God, the defense is just so bad. So bad.
Could not get off the field in the 4th. That was frustrating.

So annoying, with a little stiffer defense and a few breaks, could easily be 8-6/9-5. Just gotta hope this is part of the linear progression. Crucial FA signing period and draft coming up. With these skill position players, they have a window of opportunity opening up to take it to the next level.
The Jags D is the cure all for bad offenses. I knew it would be bad, but not like this.

Ellis McPickle (@ThatStatBoy):

Last 4 games, Blake has a 65% comp, 8.90 YPA, 13 TD, 3 INT, 2 rushing TD's, 309 ypg, and a 115.3 QB rating
Few lost fumbles in there as well. Gotta work on ball security.

But he's on his way to being great. Knuckleheads who think he's just another volume passer like Stafford haven't watched the Jags play much this year. Jax could lead the league in scoring in 2016.

Ellis McPickle (@ThatStatBoy):

Last 4 games, Blake has a 65% comp, 8.90 YPA, 13 TD, 3 INT, 2 rushing TD's, 309 ypg, and a 115.3 QB rating
Few lost fumbles in there as well. Gotta work on ball security.But he's on his way to being great. Knuckleheads who think he's just another volume passer like Stafford haven't watched the Jags play much this year. Jax could lead the league in scoring in 2016.
Their best O-lineman comes back next year and I think you'll see a new center. That will help the run game tremendously.

I wonder who will be Yeldon's backup next year. They need a bigger back. While Denard has some talent, they can't tolerate a fumble rate of 1 every 30 touches. They should resign Gray.

I wonder who will be Yeldon's backup next year. They need a bigger back. While Denard has some talent, they can't tolerate a fumble rate of 1 every 30 touches. They should resign Gray.
Completely agree regarding Denard. They need to feature Gray next week and see what he's got. Wouldn't kill me to see him signed.

My wildest dream

- Jags lose badly to go 5-11

- Caldwell or Khan tells Gus the defensive coordinator can't return

- Gus refuses to fire Babich

- Gus gets fired

Tad Dickman (@Tdickman89):

@Jaguars WR @A1hurns' 10 receiving TDs in 2015 are the most in a season by a 1st or 2nd-year undrafted wideout in over 50 years (1961; AFL).

Allen Hurns doesn't get enough pub.

Interesting info. However, this is PFF and this data only accounts for 2007 to present.

Records in sight

Most yards on deep passes by QB.

Current record-holder: Eli Manning (NYG), 1,490 yards (2011)

Closing in: Blake Bortles (JAX), 1,307 yards

Most completed passes over 20 yards in the air

Current record-holder: Eli Manning (NYG), 43 (2011)

Closing in: Blake Bortles (JAX), 39

Most yards on deep passes by a WR

Current record-holder: Calvin Johnson (DET), 652 yards (2012)

Closing in: Allen Robinson (JAX), 649 yards

No word about DC Babich yet or any coaching changes.

Shad has said that Gus would be back, but here's one important question - Do they offer Gus a 1 year extension?

He signed a 4 year deal and is thus entering his final year.

Do they let him lame duck? Do they offer him 1 year (so that it matches Caldwell's 5 year deal)?

If you don't extend Gus and you fire Babich, what kind of DC candidates will you get, knowing that the HC is coaching for his job?

Mike DiRocco

ESPN Staff Writer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have the No. 5 pick in the 2016 NFL draft, and that has set a record that no team wants to claim.

This will be the fifth year in a row in which they Jaguars have drafted in the top five. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that's the longest streak in the NFL since the common draft era began in 1967. The Jaguars were tied with the Houston Oilers (1984-87) with four consecutive top-five picks until last weekend.

No word about DC Babich yet or any coaching changes.

Shad has said that Gus would be back, but here's one important question - Do they offer Gus a 1 year extension?

He signed a 4 year deal and is thus entering his final year.

Do they let him lame duck? Do they offer him 1 year (so that it matches Caldwell's 5 year deal)?

If you don't extend Gus and you fire Babich, what kind of DC candidates will you get, knowing that the HC is coaching for his job?
I don't think anyone of note would come regardless of Bradley's remaining contract.

Users who are viewing this thread