What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (2 Viewers)

I think if Tunsil makes it to 5, you see if there's an opportunity to move back a couple spots (but not many).

Would still rather see them draft defense though.
if tunsil drops to 5, which is now all but a lock, how do we proceed?

assuming

goff, wentz, ramsey, Bosa or Jack

so now we are left with basically bosa or jack, buckner, tunsil, or someone like hargreaves maybe? All fill a need.

Why is it a lock that the Chargers don't select Tunsil? They could definitely use him. 
"assuming"

but lets say they take tunsil, Dal could for sure take ramsey, or trade back to someone who does. either way, im betting against Ramsey making it to 5, but am hoping he does

You're probably right, although I'm hoping he does too. I wonder if there's any chance we trade up to 3 to get him. Caldwell wasn't afraid to move up to get Allen Robinson when he saw value. Moving from 5 to 3 might be a little less his style.

You're probably right, although I'm hoping he does too. I wonder if there's any chance we trade up to 3 to get him. Caldwell wasn't afraid to move up to get Allen Robinson when he saw value. Moving from 5 to 3 might be a little less his style.
not sure its worth it, when all the players falling to you are pretty good, and fill a need.

If Tunsil makes it to 5, and Jack and Ramsey are both off the board, you have wonder if somebody wants to trade up for him.

Tunsil is probably an improvement over what they have now (rookie LT are definitely a risk) but I'm not sure how many more games that wins them. Drafting an impact defensive player probably nets them more wins.

Right now, Dave's seat has to be getting at least a little warm.

Would Cleveland (at 8 for now) want to move in front of SF at 7? Browns would look brilliant if they drafted Tunsil at 5 instead of 2 and nettted some extra picks.

Next up on the wishful thinking pipe dreams: Josh Norman just became a free agent 
I think Normans agent will look forward to talking to Caldwell if for no other reason than to build up the market.

I think the Jags will make an aggressive offer but as we saw with Vernon, the bank account ain't bottomless. 

They probably offer more than Carolina but less than what Janoris got.

I think there is a decent chance that Tunsil is there. That should at least get some trade discussion going, as I think Baltimore would scoop him up. But one of Bosa, Ramsey, and Jack will be there. At this point I'm thinking they'll have to choose between Jack and Ramsey. 

mikel2014 said:
Why is it a lock that the Chargers don't select Tunsil? They could definitely use him. 
Because:

1. They just re-signed starting LT Dunlap last offseason, they owe him $3.3M guaranteed this year, and either owe him $5.75M next season or take a $3.25M cap hit to cut him after this year.
  2. They just re-signed starting RT Barksdale to a new 4 year deal this offseason, with $10.5M guaranteed.
  3. They just re-signed backup swing tackle Hairston to a new 2 year deal this offseason, with $550K guaranteed.
  4. They currently have 6 OL who have spent the majority of their careers in the NFL at OT: starting LT Dunlap, starting RT Barksdale, starting LG Franklin, starting RG Fluker, and backups Hairston and Burwell. And Telesco signed every one of them, in some cases twice.
  5. Their OL has been a disaster for two years running, but the primary reason is not OT, it is center (and injuries). They need to draft a starting center at 2.3, and that move should result in improved play from the entire OL.
  6. The Chargers have more holes than they can actually fill in the draft, and their leadership must feel that they need to win now, for multiple reasons:

• McCoy's job is on the line, and Telesco's could be.
    • The team needs to drum up support for their stadium plan.
    • They re-signed Rivers last offseason to a 4 year deal, and re-signed Gates this offseason, so they need to avoid a lengthy rebuild to make those decisions really pay off.
With all that said, I will be disappointed if they take Tunsil. IMO they should trade down if possible. If not, they should take Buckner.

mikel2014 said:
Because:

1. They just re-signed starting LT Dunlap last offseason, they owe him $3.3M guaranteed this year, and either owe him $5.75M next season or take a $3.25M cap hit to cut him after this year.
  2. They just re-signed starting RT Barksdale to a new 4 year deal this offseason, with $10.5M guaranteed.
  3. They just re-signed backup swing tackle Hairston to a new 2 year deal this offseason, with $550K guaranteed.
  4. They currently have 6 OL who have spent the majority of their careers in the NFL at OT: starting LT Dunlap, starting RT Barksdale, starting LG Franklin, starting RG Fluker, and backups Hairston and Burwell. And Telesco signed every one of them, in some cases twice.
  5. Their OL has been a disaster for two years running, but the primary reason is not OT, it is center (and injuries). They need to draft a starting center at 2.3, and that move should result in improved play from the entire OL.
  6. The Chargers have more holes than they can actually fill in the draft, and their leadership must feel that they need to win now, for multiple reasons:

• McCoy's job is on the line, and Telesco's could be.
    • The team needs to drum up support for their stadium plan.
    • They re-signed Rivers last offseason to a 4 year deal, and re-signed Gates this offseason, so they need to avoid a lengthy rebuild to make those decisions really pay off.
With all that said, I will be disappointed if they take Tunsil. IMO they should trade down if possible. If not, they should take Buckner.

Various Jaguars draft thoughts

-          The Leonard Floyd to Jags rumors are gaining steam. Most likely this would involve a trade-down. Cleveland at 8? NYG at 10?

-          Two names to keep in mind for Round 2. Ryan Kelly the Center from Alabama is by far the highest graded center in draft. Wonder if Jags would trade up to late first in order to get him? Other name is Kamalei Correa, 3-4 OLB from BYU. He would probably slot in as the Otto LB. 243 pound pass-rusher

-          I wouldn’t like the Jags taking a Top 10 OT (again) but I could understand it.  However, the Buckner talk makes no sense to me.

Various Jaguars draft thoughts

-     Leonard Floyd to Jags rumors are gaining steam. Most likely this would involve a trade-down. Cleveland at 8? NYG at 10?

-          Two names to keep in mind for Round 2. Ryan Kelly the Center from Alabama is by far the highest graded center in draft. Wonder if Jags would trade up to late first in order to get him? Other name is Kamalei Correa, 3-4 OLB from BYU. He would probably slot in as the Otto LB. 243 pound pass-rusher

-          I wouldn’t like the Jags taking a Top 10 OT (again) but I could understand it.  However, the Buckner talk makes no sense to me.
Do not want a LT. 

I'm with you on Buckner. 

I'm bummed that Jack's knee is not okay.

I'd be cool with moving up to 3 for Jalen, as long as it's no higher than a fourth. 

I hope they don't do anything stupid. Like taking Leonard Floyd at #5.

Ramsey would look stunning in JAX uniform, and he could stay in the state of FL! How much would you give up to steal him right out from under the Cowboys with the third pick?

I'm seriously pumped. This was my dream scenario. Love Ramsey. You know our last three first rounders were all from Florida now.

2014 Bortles - UCF
2015 Fowler Jr. - UF
2016 Ramsey - FSU
2017 ???? - Miami?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a difference 24 hours makes. A day ago, just wanted Jalen, Bosa or Jack.

Today, slightly worried they end up with Jalen AND Jack.

Of course you guys didn't want Fowler to get injured last year, but it enabled them to add Ramsey and Jack. 

Jaguars will be a force to deal with this year.

Is it too early to say playoffs or bust this year? I know the hype is for real right now, but it's entirely justified.

Over under for Jags wins this year has jumped to 7 post draft. 
JB, seriously, look at the roster. There is alot of talent there. Like, ALOT. And it feels like it happened overnight. I got so used to praying for the best and expecting the worst, it's just what was bound to occur. For the first time in over a decade and a half, I feel like there is a plan here. I didn't feel this way prior to the draft, as I was fixated on the pass rush. But, man, there are some major pieces here. And even after opening the checkbook, we still have the most cap room in the league. We're going to need it down the road to re-sign some of these stallions. Caldwell knows what he's doing.

HOPE. I HAVE IT. And it's the first time I've genuinely felt it since the early 2000's. 

Yeah, it was a great draft and there is a lot mroe talent. It's just that the over/under was 5.5 predraft and 7 post-draft. Just wanted to say that Vegas is paying attention.

Now if only I had confidence in the coaching staff to use this talent effectively and close out games. Gus has no excuses now.

Some impressive answers from Kelvin Beachum in his interview with John Oehser

Question: First, the question everyone wants to know … “How’s the knee?”

Answer: The knee is great. It’s amazing. The staff here has done a phenomenal job of assessing where we’re at, putting a solid plan together and allowing me to do what I do best – and that’s execute and do the performance aspect to push myself. I’m feeling good about it. I’m feeling great. I’m ready to do what I do best and that’s play left tackle. … I’m looking to play 19 games this year, and that comes with a first-round bye, so whatever is needed to get that done, that’s what I’m here to do.

Q: Where are you at now in your rehab?

A: I’m getting ready to get into the cutting stage. I’m doing anything straightforward: sled pushing, sled drags, squatting, lunging. Cutting’s coming soon. I’ve started doing pass sets. I’ve started to come out of my stance, pull – all the stuff you have to do on a football field. I’ve started working on those functional things that are part of the football aspect of it, so I’ve already started putting deposits into that bank. You have to trust the knee, so I’ve put myself in positions where I have to trust the knee.

Q: You signed a prove-it deal. It’s a very lucrative contract if the team believes you’re a long-term player. You also came to a situation where you’re competing against a former first-round selection. You obviously have a lot of faith in yourself.

A: I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s football. I came in [to the NFL] in the seventh round. I’m used to proving myself. I’ve been proving myself since I was knee-high to a duck. I relish it. I relish the journey. I relish the process that it takes to go about this process. I’m loving it. I’m loving getting up at 5:45 and doing what I need to do and leaving late in the afternoon. I’m loving it, because this is what it takes to get to where you want to go.
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Kelvin-Beachum-QA-%E2%80%9CThe-knee-is-great%E2%80%9D/8c9e95f3-1201-44ae-8afd-011b6e254d93

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread